ROFL B2 - minimum amount of players

• I have a suggestion regarding an event of boss 2. If the boss is immune, you need to stack to create a big circle for, i guess, a big thunderbolt.

But there is a minimum of players you need for it. With a 12 people raid, it is no problem, but what if there are no guild members online and you are at boss 2 with only 4 people? :(

Could it be changed, that all characters, which are inside the instance, need to stack? Is this possible?

For group with very few players it is unplayable :(

Kind regards

• I don't think this should be changed for a hard mode instance. It was changed for gorge aswell and this made it so much easier for everyone and since you guys already say the instance is way too easy nothing should be changed on it imo!

Also bringing 12 people in this circle is kinda shit aswell then nobody is allowed to die either.

You can easily play the event with 4 people in normal mode though :)

Greets :)

• Allowing an instance to be run with less players just by a number restriction does not make an instance easier, in fact it makes it harder for the lower number of players involved.

However I agree that the need to bring everyone in the raid (e.g. 12 players) into one spot makes it harder for everyone, maybe the requirement to succeed in that event could be changed to everyone present and alive, so dead players and those outside would not count and everyone is happy. :)

Cheers!:thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• But there is a minimum of players you need for it. With a 12 people raid, it is no problem, but what if there are no guild members online and you are at boss 2 with only 4 people? :(

When we asked to reduce Gorge B2 from 8 players tactic to 6, we got publicly whipped and people kept opposing this proposition for months. Now people ask for 4 players tactic instead of 6. Well, I disagree, as Devain says, for 4 players there is normal mode.

• Well, at the moment you just have to bring two alts to trigger a big enough circle. Imho there is no reason to keep it that way, since it only makes things more annoying, not harder.

Anyway, just my 2 cents^^

Making b1 less rng dependant though would be amazing.

• But there is a minimum of players you need for it. With a 12 people raid, it is no problem, but what if there are no guild members online and you are at boss 2 with only 4 people? :(

Is funny, when we asked to reduce Gorge B2 from 8 players tactic to 6, we got pubicly whiped and Melodic kept crying about it for months. Now you guys ask for 4 players tactic instead of 6. Well, I disagree, as Devain says, for 4 players there is normal mode.

Sorry, but atm with all those balancing pushes, this instance is not anymore for 12 people. That's why I asked. If some people want a challenge, why they should not be allowed of it?

• thats the point the normal mode was made for smaller partys

• thats the point the normal mode was made for smaller partys

exactly! absolutely agree! this was maybe one of the things DEVs learned from the Hades situation. I myself was opposing it at that time aswell and maybe flaming it a little bit too but now that we have a normal mode there is no need for the hard mode to be adjusted to party sizes :)

Greets.

• they have the same rewards, what you talking about? the only diference its you dont get the earth core... and its good cuse to get core you need run hard mode they can keep geared and stated

And bosses as well as the events are easier.

Just to clarify, we want to run the HM version with less than 6 players (so the instance is harder to clear) and we do not want to make it easier by running normal mode.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Hello xLutinex,

Thank you for your suggestion!

Changes on boss 2 in real of forgotten legends hard mode will not be made.

If you want to run RofL with just 6 or less people there is a normal mode for it as several people already mentioned.

Best regards

Ravo

• Thanks for cleaning up the way you did, Alke, this was indeed necessary.

If you want to run RofL with just 6 or less people there is a normal mode for it as several people already mentioned.

So you set this boss as an intentional and definite difficulty limit, beyond which no player is allowed to experience further challenges in this game without using alts?

I would like to hear a clear yes/no here.

Running normal mode with six or less players is significantly less of a challenge than running hardmode with 6 or less players, thus being no option here.

• Hello Melodic,

it seems like you are trying to make a question, and bringing arguments which either by answering "yes" make the game looking like bad designed, or forcing us to answer "no" what seems to be the best for your benefit.

We are not going to answer your question this way, without providing more explanation.

Chronicles of Arcadia is an MMORPG (Massive MULTIPLAYER Online ROLEPLAY Game).

It means that you are supposed to play with many other players, where every other character plays another role.

The most common aspect of an MMORPG is that you are going through instances with a certain amount of players.

On Arcadia you can run ROFL instance in two ways:

a) 6 players instances (normal mode) that is build for 4 to 6 players.

b) 12 players instances (hard mode) that is build for 8 to 12 players.

If you have 6 players or fewer you should make use of normal mode.

If you want to run hard mode, which gives end game items you either need to recruit more players to your guild or ask in world chat if other players want to run with you.

At the end, answering your question - yes, it's intended that this particular mode requires such an amount of players, and changes in this aspect aren't planned.

Best regards

Ravo

• Hey Ravo!

Thanks for replying in detail.

I understand you are annoyed, but my latest experiences have shown me, that without being as direct as I was in my last post, you dont get official replys here anymore.

What also has changed, is that until a certain point in the past, the team tried to understand and properly react to all kinds of issues any players had and you were grateful for any kinds of feedback, be it positive or negative.

If you have 6 players or fewer you should make use of normal mode.

If you want to run hard mode, which gives end game items you either need to recruit more players to your guild or ask in world chat if other players want to run with you.

This shows me that you dont have understood or dont want to understand the issue we have.

We want to be able to run RoFL with less players, not because we are too few active players in our guild.

We dont want to run normal mode, not because there are lesser rewards.

We want to run RoFL HM with lesser players, because as the current state of the game, its balancing and the difficulty of RoFL are, raids simply can deal too much dmg, resulting in less and less fun for dps-classes when they cant even hit mobs or bosses anymore because they are already dead.

Though not being my original intention, but as you put things: Yes, at the moment at least RoFL seems to be badly designed, since the requirement for players to run it is very disproportional to the number of players you need to kill mobs/bosses in a way where everyone still can have fun. Same goes for healers.

There is not much fun in a game, where you as a single person have almost no impact on the success of your party.

And please dont propose running without bufffood to lower raid-dmg-output, this would deny players the possibility to push their characters and classes to the limit, which for many endcontent-players is one of the most basic expectations of games.

Players dont have that issue if they can run with smaller party sizes, this should be very well understandable.

Also for Gorge there is technically no absolute requirement for party sizes during bossfights, there was a limit of four characters, but since you changed Pingou-event, this ini is also runable with 2 characters. I dont say it would work well, I just say its basicly possible.

CoA being an MMORPG should not mean that it is solely playable with large partysizes, it should mean that it is designed for large partysizes, but also possible to be played with smaller ones for those who seek extra challenges, just as it is/was possible in gorge.

It is also sad to see how the way PlayerNet and the team handle this game and its community apparently has changed over time, but if this benefits the majority of players I guess I just have to deal with it, being part of a minority here.

Again, thanks for letting me/us know.

Cheers!

P.S.: If you consider this discussion to be too offtopic for this particular thread by now, please dont just delete it, but move it somewhere else where it has its place. Private or public, I dont mind. :)

--> Thanks for doing so!! :thumbup:

Edited once, last by melodic ().

• Official Post

We want to run RoFL HM with lesser players, because as the current state of the game, its balancing and the difficulty of RoFL are, raids simply can deal too much dmg, resulting in less and less fun for dps-classes when they cant even hit mobs or bosses anymore because they are already dead.

We don't want to run RoFL HM (B2) with lesser players, because we want more players to participate in instance runs.

We don't want a scenario where some players can't run instance due to it's enough to run it with fewer players.

It would make the game less socialized, and may make some players being skipped when creating party.

For this case we are choosing social part over possible "bursting".

We decided to keep this mechanic in its current state.

Thank you for your feedback.

Closed the thread.