Posts by Gargoyle

It's difficult not to give warden too much at the expense of other classes. There's room for improvement like giving wardens no frantic briar cooldown (in siege and PVP only). It won't kill rogues who hide and kill you everywhere, but suddenly the warden becomes a rogue hunter. Or the use of mana pots in Dalanis Nightmare instead of using insane skill rotations hahah. If the scout focus generated as quick as the rogue, that would be a big help. It seems much much slower, eg, an extra skill to generate 50% faster or something, etc. But I'm a dreamer. Offsetting the mana drain and increasing the scout favour on the warden scout would be useful without overpowering as no damage skills are increased. I'm thinking of trying a magic class. Just doesn't seem to cause much damage despite equipment and all these buffs. I'd like to know what sort of damage other chain users do with similar buffs and equipment to my ever improving warden scout.

This is a follow-on discussion to the thread Good links and info for warden/scout?

I'm having quite some difficulty increasing the damage on my character. To benchmark, I use the same mobs in mirrorworld and the level 9 boars etc outside Varanas and keep an eye on what kind of damage I do. I don't think it's much, but perhaps someone can let me know if I'm wrong or how to substantially improve.

It's been a big learning experience and I've tested lots of things out. Generally, my character has the following equipment, attributes, buffs, etc. I don't want to use El Chuaj gear as Furious gives a lot of strength:

- Two Aoths, no ring although I understand this includes 10% extra strength and 6% extra damage
    - T12+20 Forest Anihilator Fatal XII, Wrath XII, Raid XII, Recon XII
    - Acupuncture of Plight T10 statted str patk Fatal XII Wrath XII Tyrant XI Recon XII
    - Tikal T9+20 str patk, Tyrant, Enigma Assassin Massacre all XI
    - Furious T8 T9 str sta Tyrant, Enigma Assassin Massacre all X
    - Aoth nocturnal cape T9 str patk XI like Tikal
    - Wings str patk XI like Tikal
    - Aoth nocturnal attack neck and ear T8 T9 str patk
    - Ring of Cruelty T8 mostly str sta patk, XI like Tikal
    - Fanatic Ring T8 str sta patk, X like furious
    - Forensa +2073str
    - Mayi +6867 patk, +1602 dodge
    - Weapon skills maxed, unarmed almost maxed

- 60k pdam
    - 206k patk
    - 46k str
    - Crit 82%

I hit for about a million, most recently up to 1.4million with charged chop, but I don't know if that is sustainable yet.

Is this damage about right? With all buffs, the best I've got is about 2.5m. The buffs I use are:

- Transformation potion Ayam Priest
    - Soulmate Mixed Desert
    - Honey Ribs
    - Featured cuisine delicacy
    - Grassland mix
    - Aged Realgar Wine
    - Hero Potion
    - Touch of the Unicorn
    - Scarlet love
    - Unbridled Enthusiasm
    - Caviar Sandwich
    - Power of the Oak
    - Savage Power
    - Morale Boost
    - Energy Absorb
    - Strong Stimulant
    - Potion of Anihilation
    - Strike cape
    - Edit: Housemaid buff 6% patk + ?forgot
    - Oak Walker (Warden pet)

- Pet (Errant cat increases it slightly (level 75: +1309 str, 1294dex, 1294sta, 23int, 36wis)

My Summoning Stone pets were on cooldown, but their buffs are:
    +6% str
    +4% str

Today, without Summoning stone pets, my str was 67k, pdam 100, patk 500k. Although I crit often, I get the feeling I should be hitting much harder.

I'd love to be able to increase the damage I do. Per above, it's based just on charged chop.

If you have suggestions to improve damage, I'm all ears but if 2.5m is actually good for what I have, then it would be nice to hear it. All my diamonds are almost gone building this character, as I thought better equipment and better buffs would've been an improvement.

Any suggestions will be real nice as I truly feel I'm missing some big things I don't know about!!

Thanks anyone for your time.

It was a little more fun today, but I did struggle with buffs that didn't keep disappearing, so finding buffs that stay with me a little longer would be good. I wasn't killing as quick as last time either with same damage. Lots to learn!

Aoth rings, I can only dream and ask Santa.
    I built something up. I can't afford much for stats and as you say, it's for an hour. Most of it was free as I had the siege packages, most of the plussing stones etc so thumbs up. I think I did an OK job with what I had, so fingers crossed I don't get arrows up my nose. The crit and mdef is lacking so I appreciate the tips for buffs as they make my head spin. I think that's the focus of my gameplay right now. Everything's been different the last 24 hours since joining a guild.
    I decided to go with chain as I like those classes.
    Thanks so much :)

I did siege for the first time today. I don't like rogues. I have a lot to figure out I think.

Now, something come up as there's certain equipment called PVP equipment purchased with honor points. So I'm simply wondering:

1. What stats are suggested for use, eg, is it all str/stam?
    2. Runes?
    3. Are honor accessories better?
    4. Anything else to keep in mind.

If anyone has PVP gear to post here for wd/s to help me see, that would certainly be a benefit for the future and perhaps others.

Thanks in advance :)
    G

So I've been playing the game for a few months now and I'd like to do some of the dungeons and siege wars with groups of people. But I don't know how. I've watched some YouTube videos on them, but there's a few things I'm missing. I've never done these things before and just don't know how to do them.

My burning questions are:

Siege (hopefully joining a guild very soon)
    1. I seem to get the basics of siege, killing balloons and each other, collecting the (merits? mems?) to upgrade things, take towers, but I don't know much more than that. Is there a good guide somewhere?
    2. How do people generally interact and organise?
    3. Are there some 'common' things I should know?

Dungeons
    1. I've asked someone super awesome in game, and it'd be appreciated if people could suggest what potions, foods, etc I should be using for dungeons. There's so many. I want to lean heavily on damage as warden/scout, so want to super-max my damage ability.
    2. In some of the videos (I have no sound - currently trying to fix it) there's like a dice thing and equipment, a large gold coin. What's all that about!
    3. Any tips and 'common knowledge' about siege, especially for this server, will be appreciated.

I think my equipment is good enough to do these things now, and more importantly, knowing how to siege and how a warden scout should buff properly is my next learning.

I know these are open questions. I'm actually nervous about getting involved with people and being in a guild, so any help will be great.

Thanks to you all, and so sorry these are level 1 questions!!!!

Forgive my terminology here. Before I launch into the problem, I'll qualify some terms as they may be different from the most popular term (please let me know the terms I should be using):

"Blank stone" = blank mana stones that have been tiered up (usually for armour)
    "Tiered stone" = a mana stone that uses the spirit mage (usually for higher tiers, eg, weapons)

I've spent a few days creating blank stones t9's.

Issue: The other week, I fell upon a Curse addon called "Fusion" (https://mods.curse.com/addons/rom/fusion) which automates the process of creating both blank and tiered stones. Unfortunately (unfortunately!) it seems some of my equipment got in the way, and poof! lols

The problem is how to configure the Fusion addon to:
    a) create tiered blank stones, to whatever tier, AND
    b) create tiered stones, to whatever tier.

Another issue I had is after fiddling, it now stops after the first tier, then it's automatic. So if I create 27 blank tier 6's manually, only then will it automatically produce a tier 8 without any involvement.

If anyone has a guide, then that'd be great, or, an alternative way of doing it. Doing this manually has been intensive, laborious and such a drag.

Thanks in advance (ps, I now send all items to another character so I don't accidentally put them in my transmitter. Have to laugh).

Hi there, I see some changes in Garden of Eden. I don't know what other people use it for - I use it to level weapons.

The warden/scout when using Chiron gets a 25% weapon speed increase with an elite skill. I can no longer use that elite skill as it says "This is not permitted! (Pet)", and Chiron disappears.

Is there any way to change this back please so I can level weapons using that 25% speed buff?

I note the crystal works, but that's only 5%

With codes
    1. Pet experience charm x 100 (!!) 231885
    2. Permanent Destiny Ring 205019 (modified), or
    3. Relentless hunter (title) 530653

Suggestions (codes omitted due to amount - I'll get them if considered)
    1. XII-runes (all), or just the X runes
    2. Did the server have some level 80 packages at one point that were purchaseable? I was thinking of trying a magic class
    3. Bag of production runes x 10 (eg, 10 x 100)

And on my wish list which may never happen but is here anyway:
    1. Item set skill sets (either the items or the skills)
    2. Permanent bank spaces :))))
    3. Pet transformation potions (1. choose the skills you want, then 2. choose the type of pet) - rather than say, buy the cat, you can have the cat skills but as a very manly hawk, snake, or something else.

The pdam based on my patk may not be showing therefore because I'm not doing high enough instances, and that'd make sense. It leads up to a sundry question then, as to how to maximise pdam, not patk, with actual stats. I briefly looked into it and there was no way other than picking the right equipment with the right ghost stats.

Thanks for all the information. I can almost hear my brain whirring away xD

Thanks so much for your time compiling all this. Awesome stuff, well done :)

May I summarise a few key points from my perspective, see if I have it? Not sure if I have nailed number 2.

patk - physical attack
    pdam - all forms of physical damage
    pdef - physical defence

1. Stat physical patk as a damage dealer, although beware too much is a "waste" unless it's higher level content.
    2. Patk increases pdam but only if the boss/mob pdef is high enough to offset the patk
    3. Increased weapon skills = accuracy

Just one issue I picked up: "A Raid X should lower your attack speed by 11%, this does NOT however show on your characterscreen." It states it lowers attack speed but the X rune states +11% implying it increases attack speed so I'm not sure about that, sorry for my newbyness!!

I wrote the post because I noticed it didn't matter how much patk I statted, the pdam was about the same (medium difficulty HoS, HoDL, ZurdS, cenedril places, etc) so your boolean type references fit - where did you get the 20% from though? it sounds good on paper:

If your patk if less than 20% of your targets pdef than you will deal the least to zero amount of damage.

if your patk is 20% of your targets pdef than you will deal a medium amount of damage

if your patk is greater than 20% of your targets pdef you will deal medium to high amount of damage.

if your patk is greater than your targets pdef you will deal the highest amount of damage.

Awesome stuff, Undrentide, I sure do appreciate it and hope others find it useful, too. Thanks again, it does clarify matters. I think the problem of source (eg, where the 20% comes from) is dependent as it's unclear whether that's an official variable.

Well done putting all this done. Sure is good of you.

I've taken the time to explain my thoughts in detail. No replies required unless you want to and I thought it'd be useful for others especially fairly new players like myself so they can consider hte subject.

I won't use magical classes here, although the concept may be the same. The reason for detail is to determine optimal physical attack versus damage to stat, so please don't reply with "just use as much physical attack as possible" as that implies waste, and I'd rather stack something I'd use. All explained below.

Contents
    1. What a community states "physical attack" does
    2. Factors balancing physical attack to damage
    3. Discussion about "physical attack"
    4. Discussion about damage
    5. My thoughts
    X. Supplemental questions

And here is the discussion:

1. What a community states "physical attack" does

I know broadly from reading about Runes of Magic, that "physical attack" stats are weighed against a mob or boss's defence. Statistically, the damage is derived after the defence has been broken LINK .

I'm still considering how this works in real terms. It would appear that if this is true, a class without physical attack cannot damage a mob or boss if their physical attack is zero, or is less than any mob or boss with a statistical defence. This doesn't sound right.

I can see in game that no amount of physical attack seems to increase the amount of damage. "Physical Attack determines how much of your theoretical Physical Damage hits the target vs its Pdef (LINK).
    Gamepedia reflects this stating "the higher the [physical] attack goes in relation to the defense of an entity, the higher the resulting relative number and the higher the damage output" (http://runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/Damage)

2. Factors balancing physical attack to damage

It seems the following factors influence damage/physical attack other than buffs including class buffs/debuffs:

- the mob or boss defence
    - DPS and damage, although the difference is unclear (see later)
    - class skill used
    - type of damage the skill and weapons are based on(see Section 4)
    - accuracy stats
    - weapon skills
    - weapon speed and Raid rune (another question at the end)
    - physical critical hits
    - anything else I missed? (please comment)
    - attributes/class (eg, warden: strength increases physical attack as an attribute, and strength increases damage through charged chop.

3. Discussion about "physical attack"

Physical attack is not an attribute (http://runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/Attributes) so we'll call it a stat here. It seems cumulative based on points, buffs, etc. The total physical attack can be found in the "Melee" section of the character, under "Attack".

It is unclear why the boss has only HP and not a defence stat. Why do mobs and bosses not show their defence? If preceding damage a boss's defence must be broken with physical attack, how is it worked out? If one had a physical attack of 300k, and a boss had 300k defence, would all damage be 100%? What if the physical attack was less than the defence: is the difference calculated for damage, or does damage occur at all?

From my adventures, physical attack has no affect on damage but I don't do many instances. If you have absolute experience using gear with and without physical attack or a balance thereof to determine the impact of damage on the same boss, it would be good to hear about it.

From my view, any excess of physical attack to "get through the boss defence" is a waste as it is not required, just as magical attack wouldn't help a rogue using Shadowstab. As a result, why stack as much physical attack as possible if it won't be used?

4. Discussion about damage

As a warden scout there are various ways to "damage" and it's not as obvious as I first thought. Just on my class there are:

i. "Physical damage", on a weapon
    ii. "Physical damage", on a skill, eg, Joint Blow"
    iii. "Physical damage" on projectiles

iv. "Damage", on some equipment and X runes
    v. "Damage" on skills, eg, "Wrist attack"

vi. "DPS", on a weapon
    vii. "DPS" on projectiles;
    viii. "Ranged weapon DPS", as a skill, eg, "Shot"
    ix. "Main hand weapon DPS", eg, "Charged Chop"

x. "Two hand weapon damage", eg, "Two Hand Weapon mastery"
    xi. "Two hand weapon attack damage", eg, Power of the Oak"
    xii. "Melee weapon damage", eg, "Secret Agreement"

xiii. "Critical damage" on rings

Guesswork examples

- With some of these, a reasonable guess is made, eg, "damage" on chain means "physical damage" - but is this true?
    - What about "Critical damage" on a ring: is it physical only, as the next stat is "Magical critical damage". Why did it not say "Physical critical damage"?
    - What's the difference between a "physical critical hit rate" (on equipment) and "critical hit" (under the character's melee detail).
    - Gamepedia uses the term "critical damage" and not "physical critical hit rate", and the terms imply different things. The page has a number of spelling errors so I'm unsure how accurate the rest of the content is (http://runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/Damage).

I don't want to know the math behind it all. I'm merely pointing out the various types of damage and one type of physical attack.

5. My thoughts

Some sources state physical attack is solely to "get through" defence. Some sources state physical attack adds to damage, yet there are various types of damage and physical attack may apply to none, some types, or all. I find nothing on this. All skills refer to main hand weapon but not a secondary weapon (I'm a warden/scout), so not sure how a warden rogue with two weapons would fare with offhand damage.

It also seems DPS is based on damage and the rate of speed, whereas "damage" itself (in whatever form!!) is a base damage without a speed modifier such as Raid X or chiron's arrow. More speed equals more damage as more hits are being made. I see no difference however using Raid X. Donations for XII taken. Raid X should also be available for bows. Unclear how it all ties in with global cooldowns otherwise they are white hits (base damage) only.

Important questions:

1. Is physical attack:
    a. solely for breaking defence, or
    b. solely as a damage modifier, or
    c. both.

2. Is there a quick explanation to the 13 types of "damage" listed above?

3. Why warden scouts stack str/physical attack if there's a cut-off point for physical attack rendering the rest of the stat unused.

4. Determining boss defence to know how much physical attack stats to stack (and/or offsetting using buffs etc)

5. What weapon skills do (eg, is unarmed=accuracy; is 2h axe=accuracy, do they stack, etc)

X. Supplemental questions

a. the type of skill and damage and how it works in the real world (eg warden charged chop) and others are based on damage (scout's joint blow). Damage skills do not state "weapon damage" but "damage" which reads as all damage from all stats, not only a weapon. So, if a skill like joint blow is 351 points of damage at level 102, what exactly does that mean
    d. Raid X is +11% attack speed. As speed increases, the "damage per second" should therefore also increase. As a warden scout I have seen no difference using a Raid X in my rate of damage. It may be useful in longer boss fights
    e. The difference between critical damage, physical critical damage, physical critical hit rate.

Was that 75 unique persons? I decided not to enter an alt account, for example, as it didn't feel right. if they were unique, then wow, that's really good. And, perhaps for the future, alt accounts can(not) enter as part of the rules?

Hi there, just a suggestion that maintenance could occur about 5 minutes past the hour rather than on the hour. Maintenance occurs mostly when in siege and it would be good to be able to get out and log out, save progress, get the siege badges, etc.

Hope it's considered. Thanks for reading.