Posts by Zyrex

I dont know anything about this class, but while using Stone Shell as wl/wd, your dmg taken is actually increased by 12% instead of reducing it. Also while in Willpower Construct this amount it quadrupled as it technicly should...but still dmg taken is increased. Please fix. :)

Cheers!:thumbup:

Can confirm. We had the same issue today. I didn't specificly test it so far, but at least it felt like that indeed.

how come 15% nerf to "main" skill - which will not be main skill after psi recover change - is being destroying the class which is clearly overpowering in every state? 15% is a small change compared to nerfs/buffs other classes were getting in past, and class will still be broken imo.

Overperforming in every state? Sustain dmg is almost not existing, it's all about its burst from my perspective. AoE burst is insane, but this is caused by the strong ISS, not the class itself. AoE sustain is quite okay, pdps are better imo and in our guild runs. The only thing is, that you deal insane dmg with wl/m and m/wl in party, since you can increase your dark damage that much. But nerfing ISS is not an option since other warlock classes would suffer from that.

I think, WlWd needs a nerf indeed, but not that much at once. As I wrote, the patches these days are more kind of crowbar hits into the meta, which isn't a good way I guess. Balancing needs time, noone complains. But you also need time to let the meta evolve after every single small change.

Quote from Planned Changes
    Warlock/WardenReduced Charged Chop damage to 2720 from 3200.Reduced Gift of Nature magical attack gain to 8% 10% 8% from 12%.Reduced Enhanced Weave Curse all attributes gain to 9.6% from 12.8%.Reduced Savage Power magical attack and dark damage gain to 12.2% from 18.3%.

I think, Wl/Wd is strong, yes. But I also think, those wrecking-ball nerfs (that happen any few patches btw) are too much for a single patch. I would suggest to nerf a little less, see how it evolves for like a week and if the class is still too strong, nerf it again. Yesterday I was predicting the class will be nerfed to unplayability at once and I think I was right 🤔

I mean, we all have different raid setups, different gameplays and such, so it's pretty difficult to do balancing, since this process is lasting for almost a year and there are classes that are changed with every single patch. Maybe that's caused by those huuuuge adaptions on different classes, which literally mixes and resets the entire current meta all few patches. That's definitely a problem.

This is also related to the mage changes I recognize these days...

MageReduced Thunderstorm damage to 2737 from 3220.Reduced Meteor Shower damage to 1400/2616 to 1400/2220.Reduced Earth Splitting Explosion item set skill damage to 1800 from 2000.

Why do you always do such huge steps? Thats not fine-tuning at all, it's more like hammering with a crowbar on a class and hope it doesn't break. I mean, that's just the planned changes at this moment - there were lots of patches in the past quite similar to this behavior.

So I think, this process will never come to an end, if every week all classes are changed to behave completely different. Just an example: Few patches ago, you made Mage more and more to an AoE-focused class, which was just fine. Now you slowly take away its AoE sustain dmg and put more into burst again. Maybe this makes sense on some way, but it's always the same: wreckingball behavior. Just my opinion, might be wrong. <3

My perspective in psi problem... I don't play mdps warlocks so I cant talk about them BUT I will play both wl tank, /wd and /k. In tank options, we NEED those psi so please, whatever the complains and/or the changes in the future, try to affect only the dps part. For example, all atributes nerf from wl/wd affects also the tank side so keep that in mind.

Agree to that.

Btt: You could make CC gain psi by 30% chance on hit (or sth like that) while not in WP Blade (so working w/o WP state or in WP Construct). I once tried the Wl/K in rofl which felt pretty strange to me, but I had like no ISS back then and no idea about anything, but I was realizing that I was lacking in focus (Dark Strike spam didn't work well for me) and PSI. If you compensate the ressource sustain on some way, this could actually work well (or at least better from my perspective).

Regarding the Charged Chop (CC) PSI topic.

If you really want CC gain psi, which might be a cool mechanic in theory (and will not result in a huge nerf of this class afterwards, what I'm currently predicting), you should add a chance to gain psi, such as S/Wl got for gaining focus. I mean, if WlWd gets PSI, it enters its "Wrecking-Ball-Burst-State" automatically (at least for me in my rota) and deals a ton of damage. I enter the boss fight already in active WP Blade and use 104 ISS and/or Dwarven Beer to get PSI for burst. The "difficulty" here is to find the right moment to do so, in order to use all your passive damage skills, etc.

I think, with the other mentioned nerfs this class will be balanced (more or less) and it's pretty fun to play I think. I haven't played it in rofl myself yet, but my guild mates did and the result was pretty competing to our pdds, which was great.

Btw, I play Warlock now for like 3 days, so I'm not even close to know this class, but i agree to melodic that CC gaining PSI would be OP since you get enough PSI a second to all-out-burst for 30 seconds and more, since you get enough psi per sec to use Judgement on cooldown. In combination with CC and all the other non-gcd skills, passive dmg AoE's and dark dmg bonuses, this would be insane 🤯

Is there any chance to get usefull Cenderil Combination and Buff for Tanks? :)

I'm running Salo and Mayi as Knight tank, seems ok, but any of the new ones might also be cool, such as Balorg (Crit) and Onid (Sta/HP) or something.

Wl/K

Is it intended that Dark Strike recovers PSI while Willpower Effects are running?

Also Dreadful Sleep channel is interrupted when caster is moving, which isn't such a good idea I guess, because its range is very limited, so you need to move to hit more targets. It works with Hasty as the Night, but without it would be more useful since their cooldowns are different.

Quote from Planned Change Log
    Implemented 6 new cenedrils.

Does this mean, you want to enable more useful combinations to get the dmg buffs by using 2 magicals for the mdmg buff or 2 phycicals for the pdmg buff? And why 6 new ones then? Can you maybe share the new planned combinations with us?

Hmm for me that mechanic never worked properly on m/s and is a waste of time 😆

For me it worked always pretty well. You just need to cast shot in your ingame macro, instead of in your lua and cast the debuff first in your lua. Then it's applied before the actual shot hits the target. Also since fire rose doesn't trigger gcd, you could rely on that for the entire trash fights. At least that's how I did it until the latest changes regarding shot cd and thunderstorm. Haven't played it since then. :saint:

but seriously please give wl/s another aoe.

I got a suggestion for that: Maybe shot could inflict splash damage (hit surrounding enemies) if it hits a target affected by Vampire Arrow DoT, like the MS with its fire rose, which is a pretty cool mechanic in my eyes. But in that case, VA itself should have no gcd trigger anymore.

Nah, that was happening some time ago already, not last week, right? I had the funny situation when that patch came out the week before and my scout dealt more or less equal dps like our s/p in trashes, but I gonna double-check this until I'm back from my vacation again :thumbup:

Another thing about SCh vs. SWl:

Yesterday I ran inferno with my SWl (t14 staff, t12 magical xbow, golden gear t11/12) and we had a SCh in party (t6 gun, red rofl gear, t7 I think it was) and our dmg overall was quite equal, even burst was more or less equal. So I think, the SCh is waaaaaay too strong atm. I have no comparison from rofl so far, but a class with an untiered weapon and much worse gear shouldn't deal the same damage like my SWl I guess.

So I think, the current planned nerf for SCh is too less, or the SWl isn't as good as I thought... I mean, either the SCh is overpowered as hell, or SWl is weak... or at least feels like this.

That is already possible with some mdps classes, k/m, d/wl, wd/d, even w/m and m/ch in some situations. Although 100% def is a bit low, wd/d have 120% and is not enough on some places.

You should show me once how a d/wl can tank rofl. I tried this yesterday and got onehit by birds and b1 side-bosses with more than 400k hp and almost 1kk def. Maybe one should stat the entire gear on sta/sta - I used 7 tank pieces and 7 cloth mdps, but that's not the way for me.

This is the beginning of b1 fight, which wasn't possible by far as d/wl. Maybe with more than 2kk def and 1kk hp, but then I need some stats and gear I haven't seen yet :D

https://gyazo.com/45b699eb32c872914586771f6eb2eb34

So developers can create class which need special gear to tank and after half year can totally change required gear?

I created the best (in my mind) tank gear for r/k, that is 3xsta/sta + 3xsta/dex, after half year Byte change this and support said me "we don't help you with your crap gear, that was irracional decision"?

That's why I never build a gear that only matches one single class ^^ You should have mixed tank gear with your dps gear, the result should be equal I guess. But I don't think, the new WlK can effectively be played with cloth gear no matter how statted, but we will see.

This is actually pretty cool, I think I see some similarities to my concept (LINK) but also some differences, but that doesn't matter, since you really brought us a magical tank with this! <3

I think, overall this class should be a ton of fun to play, I definitely gonna test this out and maybe play it. But I still miss some decent things which should matter a lot I guess.

1) How should one be able to actually "tank" without plate armor? With just a shield, you need to build a very specific gear (cloth with defensive stats) for this, that can't be used for any other class (maybe K/M), which isn't worth it to me.

2) "Heresy" changes Holy Strike, so it looses aggro multipliers?

3) "Dark Knight" should also enable to use plate armor additionally and somehow transform physical crit into magical (and physical attack into magical).

4) "Hatred" with 12s duration and 30s cd seems a bit situative, maybe the duration could match the cooldown, like the knight's Hatred skill, so that it can be used more often, for a constant aggro rate.

5) "Dreadful Sleep" seems to be the only AoE aggro skill, which sounds pretty good as it is, but cd is way too high for using it more than only once in a pull. Also 100 range isn't that much, maybe you could add another smaller AoE aggro skill with a lower cooldown additionally? There are only 3 active skills, rest are passives, maybe some effects could be combines to get another slot for such a thing?

Scout

• Reduced Ranged Weapon Mastery damage gain to 38% from 43.2%.

This will affect magical scout s/wrl. Right now in my experience i don't think he need such nerf so please reconsider this change and exclude s/wrl from it. After latest patches he became less attractive to play and also his dmg in my opinion shouldn't be considered as too high.

Agree on that, the S/Wl is quite fine as it is atm. A nerf would kill him I guess.

Also agree on the M/S issue with Shot. From my perspective, shot is always used, even in burst and gives the class its very own sustain damage in offburst.

Another thing about Thunderstorm: Would it make sense to change the ground target to single target with splash damage on targets around in a specific range? In my rotation a ground target isn't performing as good as a targeting skill. :/

I was just thinking about Mage/Warrior, but the required buff gear would be too expensive, since M/W is an average mage class I think, not the best at all, but not bad as well. But I'm not motivated enough to build an entire new gear for 1 single class. So maybe some passive of M/W could be changed to enable wearing Chain Gear? Then we could just build a viable chain gear that could also be used for physical chain classes, but also for M/W for buffing as well. :/

Dwarven Valentine's Day

Since I'm a dwarf, I care a lot about special days. Also for a dwarf the relationship to one's family is very important. So it came that I found a wife a while ago. Of course I found her on the battlefield, there is no other place for a dwarf to find the one person one want to share the own life with. And there, right at the point of death, I found her. I saw her just in front of me, fighting with the beavers from hell, burning them with dark magic and banishing their souls with her dark purgatory fire.

I remembered my very own apprenticeship as a dark magician of the dwarven kingdom of Yrvandis, even if that was so many years ago. In the meantime I changed my profession and became a Champion, a guardian and protector of my folk and learned the holy combat of humans, which leaded me to become a Knight and Champion in a combined mastery. But however, the fighting of that female elf reminded me of my own very past. This elegance and grace, how that elf threw the dark magic on the creatures of doom, it was that special moment, my little dwarven heart fell in love. I swore to myself to commit my entire being to that relationship and to be there for her whenever she needs me.

So on this special day of the year, I wanted to celebrate the day on my own dwarven way. So I travelled to my dear friends, the dwarves of the fireboot kingdom on the continent Zandorya. Of course I took my wife with me to share the day with her. I showed her the way of life, the work in the mines - we stayed there for several hours - and the blacksmith art of the fireboots dwarves. After a good day of work, I took her to my favorite tavern to drink with my buddies. We drank together, danced on the tables, battled with thrown food, combatted with each other with real weapons, just for the joy of battle. Even if she didn't really seem to enjoy the dwarven black beer, I'm sure, she will never forget our very special day anyways. So I'm looking forward to take her to my roots, to the kingdom of Yrvandis, next time. I wanna show her the old traditions of my own folk and especially the much stronger black beer, which is definitely much better than this fireboots wine beer. I'm pretty sure, she will enjoy this journey too.

f4cb5f6f9ea533f63cee0bef9454b563.png

Characters: Salamandra (left), Zyrex (right)

Quote from Planned Change Log
    Changed Kaleks’ Crystal to increase physical defense by 100% instead of 2000.Changed Stable Herugrim Fluid to increase magical defense by 100% instead of 2000.Changed Mayvel’s Jumbled Thoughts to increase cast speed upon use instead of with chance while casting a spell.Changed Hlethfir’s Spike to increase magical attack upon use instead of with chance while casting a spell.Changed Dreamland Guardian’s Energy Crystal to increase physical critical hit rate by 3000 instead of 200, changed it to be activated upon use instead of with chance while attacking.Changed Atollop’s Fang to increase physical attack upon use instead of with chance while attacking.Changed Nightmare Blade Fragment to have a chance to gain stack with used offensive skills too.

This is actually a pretty cool planned change! I'm already using some dreamland amulets with my mdps sometimes, but using some with other classes seems really good to me. Appreciate that change very much :thumbup:

regarding latest patch:

Lute does not provide castspeed and Guitar does not provide physical attack speed.

I just tested the normal ones and they seem to be buggy as well. Only the primary bonus was applied to me and the partymembers, not the additional one. :S

But wouldn't it be even better to separate their cooldown instead of mixing up buffs? I mean, where is the point of not still playing both? The missing 5% matter a lot from my perspective, especially for the new cast-per-second classes, so we would still use both lute and guitar :/