Posts by Zyrex

(...) Actually there is no need anymore to play Knight imho. (...)

Agree on that.

I also saw warlocks tank on an equal way in (more or less) full mdps gear. So maybe one should nerf (which would always result in dislike and frustration) those non-plate-tanks so that they need to build some kind of defensive adapted gear for their classes, or give the knight class some better support. From my perspective, a knight should be more viable due to its support for the raid. Most knights already got some utility, but not all of them and most are pretty low. I mean, 5-12% more dmg on a target for XY seconds is quite nice, but doesn't matter at all in a raid setup of 10-12 golden geared players. If there were no events and immune phases, all the bosses would be burned down in seconds, so all those damage-buffing support is kinda useless in my eyes...at all.

Maybe knights should support the survivability much more? Maybe with more/better crowd control or damage reduction (for trash phases) since this isn't additively calculated anymore? Just like for example Knight/Mage (dmg reduction on AoE), Knight/Druid (shields and heal) and somehow also Knight/Champ (with its stuns) already do.

D/R

I was just playing the D/R in rofl and found 2 very strange bugs of Poisonous Widow Embrace. I also tested this on dummy and it took me a really long time to figure out how this actually works.

1) The skill description says, you get back NP equal to the amount of crits, but in reality the behavior is different: You always loose 10 NP (even if you enter the negative digits <0) and restores NP for each crit.

Example: You have 3 NP, the skill crits for 6 times. First it subtracts 10 NP, so you are at -7. Then it restores 6, so you are at -1, which is shown as 0 and the buff is removed.

So the solution is: Don't let the skill subtract lower than 0, so you will be rewarded for crits, not punished for non-crits (as it is atm).

2) As long as you have only 1 NP, the skill always tries to hit 10 times but once you don't crit, the additional hits will end. See this screenshot for clarifying:

48ae08ade4df30c6c4c1ac03d2d3cdfa.png

The skill "tries" to hit 10 times but the 5th hit is non-critical, so it determines after that. This behavior only occurs at exact 1 NP.

With more than 1 NP, always 10 hits come out, but they behave as mentioned in (1).

Hello, I think I saved it before and auto login but now it is not happening. I am using Microsoft Edge too and the Save password option did not come up. It is not coming. I always have to re-enter the password.

I had some caching issues I guess. After I deleted my saved passwords, the issue was solved.

W/K

Just to mention this class again, it's still missing some small adaption to become viable in my opinion. At least 1 of these suggestions should solve the problem this class currently has:

• Whirlwind Battle Technique: Increase radius of "Whirlwind" to 80 from 50.
    • Heroic Surprise Attack: Increase radius of "Surprise Attack" to 80 from 60.
    • Fierce Attack: Change "Throw Shield" to additionally hit up to 6 surrounding mobs in a 80 range, just like "Power of the Wood Spirit" of Warlock/Warden, with the same aggro multiplier as the "Throw Shield" skill itself.

Personally I would prefer the Shielf Throw mechanic. I was told, once in the past, there already was some similar kind of mechanic, but was changed. Maybe we can bring it back?

I just logged on in the new platform, which looks pretty good (at least regarding the functionality). The coloring might be questionable, but that's just my personal feeling. It's well structured and I'm able to find everything with fewer clicks. Thanks for that. Also I'm looking forward to the coming VIP changes, that have been announced.

But is it inteded that my browser asks me if I want to save passwords, everytime I navigate from the security section to another one? Seems a bit buggy to me somehow.

There is no bug. Every critical hit made by skill will recover a certain amount of energy. Every critical hit made by skill will provide 1 stacks of Nature's Point, so if you have 1 Nature's Point, you can still do 10x hits as long as every consecutive attack is critical.

This information were missing in skill tooltip, will be added with next patch.

Greetings

Thanks for the info, that's good to know. I rlly like that behavior and the mechanics. However, the same or an equal mechanic would be cool for Sandstorm in AoE dmg. At the moment it happens, that you loose all your NP with Sandstorm and can't use your Widow spamable effectively on single targets afterwards to finish surviving mobs. In our runs, the surviving mobs died too fast, not being able to hit with Earth Arrow.

Furthermore I don't think the class needs NP with dwarven Ale. Wach Druid have their own skill which reduce the NP cost of all skills to 0 . It is like a class specific dwarven ale.

The Druid/rogue cannot be a burst class, because you have not such selfbuffs like rogue or scout. But the sustained damage is strong

I don't say it needs to be a burst class, it's good how it is atm, but only use case for dwarven ale would be sustained trash dps, which is very bad compared to other classes due to sandstorm is using all your NP at once.

D/R (w/ new hammer)

I tested the Druid/Rogue these days with the new magical dmg hammer. I found some points to mention.

Poisonous Widow Embrace

• skill needs 10 energy, not 30 as displayed
    • the 10% bonus damage is buggy: the break even point is 3 stacks of Nature's Power, means you need at least 3 Stacks so that this skill is better than Earch Arrow. But with 3 stacks, the skill hits with 10 bonus hits like with 10 stacks.
    • The Nature's Power is also not removed in general, but only if you don't crit with the spell.

However, the skill is pretty good how it is atm. So even if it's buggy, it should be officially changed into the current behavior. The class is pretty strong in some specific raid setups, but unfortunately feels a bit weaker than any other magical dps class, except S/Wl. I would say, it's equal to SWl. Lesser Burst, better sustain dmg, but good AoE.

So I would say, even Poisonous Widow Embrace is quite good atm. If the skill would work as displayed (30 energy cost, remove all NP by using) it would be unplayable and deal literally no damage.

Another good thing would be to add the same mechanic to Sandstorm: That Nature's Power is only removed, if the skill does not crit. The concept of the class is pretty cool: You have a great dmg potential but loose a lot if you don't crit. However, you have a lot of crit-support/buffs/debuffs, so you need a good management of time to max out your crit potential.

Another suggestion I agree on, is the Dwarven Beer to add additional NP, which would make all druid dps classes much more playable, since they are definitely the weakest magical classes (right next to SWl).

S/Wl (in comparison with new warlocks and other mages)

I played a lot the new warlock dps classes these days and compared them with the current S/Wl. They all are pretty much fun to play (except WlWd which is the easiest class ever imho) but there are huge differences in damage.

In Burst phases the WlWd dominates over WlS, but SWl is faaaaar away from being competetive to both of them (and any other mage with equal gear). I may suppose, SWl is one of the weaker magical classes right now, especially after the last patches. In AoE burst and sustain the SWl was also not that good compared to other mdps with equal gear. I didn't play dps-druids for a longer time and nobody in my guild plays them, so I can't speak about them.

Another point is, that your casts are interrupted on attack or moving, while WlS can always cast while moving and is not interrupted on dmg input. WlWd doesn't even cast, that's just insane, this class deserves a nerf definitely, but that's not what I wanna suggest at this point.

I would suggest to increase the damage of SWl's Elemental Discipline once again, because now it's really bad. The class lacks on penetration power, even on bosses and on sustain damage, even in trash. Elemental Discipline could solve both issues I guess. The latest changes on Venomous Snipe also decreased its dps, especially in burst. Maybe change this not to trigger gcd, so it's possible to use it after the first snipe without loosing too much time/dps.

That's a very good and helpful guide! Well done :thumbup:

Just one thing regarding "Some tips to earn diamonds". You can also farm cenedril mats in the daily free accessable cenedrils instances and sell them in auction.

W/K

I just played the Warrior/Knight again and the new change of Surprise Attack is working pretty well. <3

The only thing that could be improved is the range of the AoEs. 60 as a max range is a bit too less for a tank. In some situations you need at least 80 on at least one skill imo. If that's Surprise Attack or Whirlwind doesn't matter I guess, but the class definitely needs more range on AoE aggro (our warlocks and M/R would be grateful).

I really like the change of Warrior/Knight and will test this later in our runs. Have you already thought about my suggestions regarding Knight/Scout? At least 2 of them are important and should be added to make the class useful imo, which are these:

(...)
    Skill Name
    Elite Level
    Suggestion
    Sacred Resistance 40 Add aggro multiplier of 250% (then we could actually "use" a ranged weapon in combination with blood arrow, instead of just having one to use some specific spells) and remove the def buff from it. The Buff is more or less useless in my eyes, because I had no control at all over it, since it has an invisible 30s downtime after 20s duration, which is bad. Also some bosses go immune at some point, so you can't even hit them with the skill to apply the buff.
    Disregard Danger 50 This is perfect if you want to get rid of a specific player. Since you don't have an offtank with you, like noone can stand the 84% shared hit, so this skill is useless in my eyes. Also it's very difficult to manage the timing of this. So maybe change this into a self-buff of 20% def with a duration and cooldown of 10 seconds. The focus cost of 20 can be kept.

(...)

I have to correct my thoughts of "Disregard Danger" after I tested this again and discussed with mates - the hit isn't deadly for the target, but it's still nearly impossible to manage the timing if you get hit by multiple targets at the same time. So you could just replace it with some kind of self-buff as suggested above.

Quote from Patch Notes 10.4.0.4008

Warrior/Knight

• Changed Heroic Surprise Attack to increase aggro modifier of Surprise Attack to 500% from 100% additionally.

Wow, that was really fast! Thanks a lot <3 This will help the class a lot!

W/K

I just tested the Warrior/Knight today in ROFL and got some suggestions for this. Overall it's a pretty fine tank (with a bit too much hp and too less def, but you can compensate this).

• Lv 15 Elite (Throw Shield) : Increase its aggro multiplier to 650% from 500%. At some point you want to rely on that skill but with only 500% it's not as useful as it could be. Not that important, but might feel better then in some situations.
    • Lv 35 Elite (Heroic Surprise Attack) : Add a 500% aggro multiplier to Surprise Attack and the class is fine. Everything this class needs is another AoE with aggro multi imo. Whirlwind has only a 50 range, which isn't much and you can't entirely rely on your non-aggro AoE's on bigger pulls.
    • Lv 50 Elite (Blocking Stance) : Remove the additional rage (it's useless imo) and let it buff +10% def permanently instead. This should fix the missing defense this combo has.

However, I really liked playing this class, particularly the Throw Shield is a funny mechanic and useful for pulls and range aggro. With a few adaptions W/K can become great again :love:

In one word: yes.

With some irony: Tank: Knight, Heal: Priest or Druid, Supp: Warlock, DPS: *buff mage*

And for real: Can't say which is best, always depends on the player, the raid, the gear and your rota. There are a lot of new classes that are very strong and only few that are not that useful. From my perspective as a tank, Knight/Champ and Knight/Druid are the best *new* tank combos, the *new* warlocks are pretty strong in dps... if you want to decide for a strong *new* dps class, I would suggest to play a chain class, because then you can play at least 3 different main classes, deal good dps (e.g. Warden/Warlock), support (e.g. Champ/Druid), tank (e.g. Ch/D again or Ch/K) and offheal (e.g. Ch/D again). But there are still others I didn't mention - it's always difficult to talk about a meta, since meta is completely shifting every 2 weeks atm. :/

You so sometimes think about what you do, because in my opinion, nerf skills (shot) by about 15% is a little too much at once

That's what I'm also talking about. Imo the nerfs are very big every patch. Way too big not to let a meta evolve, even if the changes are useful. in the long run. However, Warlock was definitely too strong and xLutinex is right - you don't even need golden gear to compete with golden geared dps classes.

Imo the ISS are the reason for this, not the classes themselves, but I'm not really as much as required into the warlock to have an idea of this. From my feelings, you should change some of its dark damage bonuses into matt. A guild mate stacked dark damage to over 1300%, which was insane, that's not possible with any other class afaik. I mean, I love the concept of warlocks, but maybe the calculations (for dark damage) should need a rework.

K/S

Yesterday I tested the Knight/Scout in ROFL an was a bit surprised by that combination, which was better than expected, but not really as good as most others. I collected some feedback/suggestions here.

Skill Name
    Elite Level
    Suggestion
    Heavenly Arrow 35 This is a good utility for large pulls, that reduces the physical damage of targets by 20%. Maybe add also a reduction of magical damage, that would help a lot imo.
    Sacred Resistance 40 Add aggro multiplier of 250% (then we could actually "use" a ranged weapon in combination with blood arrow, instead of just having one to use some specific spells) and remove the def buff from it. The Buff is more or less useless in my eyes, because I had no control at all over it, since it has an invisible 30s downtime after 20s duration, which is bad. Also some bosses go immune at some point, so you can't even hit them with the skill to apply the buff.
    Disregard Danger 50 This is perfect if you want to get rid of a specific player. Since you don't have an offtank with you, like noone can stand the 84% shared hit, so this skill is useless in my eyes. Also it's very difficult to manage the timing of this. So maybe change this into a self-buff of 20% def with a duration and cooldown of 10 seconds. The focus cost of 20 can be kept.
    Blood Punishment 70 The 50% aggro are just added to the current one, so 50% is like +10% bonus, which is in addition to 20% light damage pretty okay. But the Blood Arrow DoT is really annoying. It's a pity that every scout class needs to use this, even a tank. I mean, yes, the HoT's of healers outheal the DoT easily, but that means, HoTs are negated by this. Instead of 5% even 1% would be enough, or at least 5% every 2-3 seconds. Best would be changing the DoT into a HoT, but this wouldn't be the mechanic of a blood arrow anymore and make the skill too strong I guess.

Overall the class was pretty different, but fun to play. I see a decent potential in it, especially if it comes to bigger pulls and Crowd Control, which can be done very well with Holy Chains and the elite skills arrows. But therefor it requires some adaption in my opinion. The one big advantage of this class is its range, which unfortunately can't be used efficiently yet.

Hello there,

sometimes it happens, that Balton becomes immune for a long time after finishing its event, if the boss respawns. Me and my guild had this issue for several times now, which is pretty annoying, since Balton can easily oneshot ppl through its random aggro at this point. I mean, it's normal that he's immune for some seconds, but we experienced fights with more than 20 seconds, which might be a bug, I guess.

At least this should work better, if the planned changes come to rofl, or we all will have much fun at this boss ;)

Example video from today:

(video not listed)

Hello there,

me and my guild now experienced a strange bug at Jerath Boss in ROFL. It happened now several times, that one random player died by no reason. There was nothing in combat log or any input damage. Even yesterday in one of our guild runs one of my guild mates had the same issue once again. The onehit was always the same: exactly at combat start, a random player, but it happened very random and the issue was pretty rare so far.

I got a recording of some days ago (because I wasn't able to reproduce it yet).

(video not listed on YT, don't worry)