Posts by Zyrex

It still reduces "Dark Damage" by 9.2%, while all Scout/Warlock's skills have been transformed to Poison Damage.

Perhaps it could give this class a small boost if this was changed to Poison Damage?

(I'm not sure if the class needs a boost, just a suggestion :))

I'm playing that class in rofl a lot. I took that specific debuff as some kind of support for dark damage classes that aren't using it themselves (such as Mage/Rogue). However, changing the debuff to increase poison damage would make the class too strong I think. I mean, it's +9.2% dark damage atm. Another "permanently active" 9.2% poison damage on multitarget would be insane.

WlWd ... as a full tank

Today I was testing the WlWd as a tank in rofl. I used my tank jewelry, wings and a 4 piece-mainset of red rofl gear, statted with stamina/hp, got about 1.9kk hp, 600k matt and 800k pdef. I just wanted to see if it's possible at all to tank with that class, since it has some tanky utility (such as Otherworldly Whisper (OW) or WP Construct).

I was able to come close to the dmg reduction cap about all the time (no idea how this is currently calculated exactly), by using the 6% from tank jewelry, 48% through WP Construct and another 50% while channeling OW or having the Mind Barrier active. Even with the Mind Rune I think I hit the capof dmg reduction. It was a bit difficult to manage the damage mitigation at some point, especially at b1 and b3, but it worked quite well - even better than expected. That build was able to tank the entire ini without any issues or problems, while supporting the raid with dmg mitigation, matt/patt support and shields. The range pulling was very nice, the stacking through OW was easy and the burst aggro was decent due to the dark damage increment this class has. However, the dmg itself was very bad, but I wasn't sure how much of my tank gear I should use.

The only thing that was a bit low, was the sustain AoE aggro. The only 2 skills with aggro multipliers in AoE are Power of the Wood Spirit and Otherworldly Whisper. PotW is limited to 6 targets and OW is channeled, that requires no moving. So bigger pulls are a bit complicated, if you have to compete against champs or other warlocks.

However, the class as a full tank is very fun to play and worth a try imo. Maybe you could slightly increase the aggro bonus of WP Construct to 100%, which could fix the lacking sustain aggro.

I experienced, that you can't ever rely entirely on OW in AoE, but need to use some PotW as well before. I had around 250% aggro (displayed on the char frame), which can be improved by a second Hatred13 (I used a t13 in my wand and a t11 in my talisman, which was granting a more consistent aggro as my staff), but also by a small adaption of the WP Construct, as mentioned.

Also this class was tanking better and more consistent as the Wl/K in my eyes, maybe caused by the insane uptime of the dmg reduction, that is literally much more useful than any pdef or parry, even after the latest change related to the stacking of dmg reduction (which might apply also to WlWd, but I'm not sure). The biggest hits I received were around 350k in average, b3 hit a bit harder with a critical 700k, but at this point, I mis-placed the Mind Barrier due to the screen shaking, which was sucking a bit.

The clear advantage against WlK is, that you don't need to care of your WP state, since its permanent, so you just take care of you psi, because once the psi is gone and your mitigation is running out, you're just a paper that stands against razer blades. Fortunately the heal has been buffed enough in the past few patches, so that you can always have some downtime on your mitigation, but if you get used to the class as a tank, that should reach a 95-100% uptime, I'm sure.

If anyone is interested in my exact setup, write me ingame. <3

S/Wl

I really like the latest change in Elemental Discipline and actually thought that would make it viable again, but from what I was experiencing now is a bit different. The burst is very strong now, but the sustain is a bit too much, so maybe nerf the Elemental Discipline to 120% and it will be fine I guess.

I never really understood why ppl were even complaining about the difficulty of rofl in order to let it increase difficulty. In my eyes it's entirely useless to implement an adaption in dmg 1 year after the release. On one specific server we had some very easy instances as well, such as GoH, which were cleared in less than 1 hour at the first run. We all complained about the easy content and then they brought more difficult instances afterwards (PoM, CoE, HoE, etc)... i mean, they still were not that hard like a ToSH has been back then, but it was okay for most ppl.

So related to CoA I would have done it different: let rofl be as easy as it was and introduce more difficult content in following instances. It's still an MMO and we all do progress with gear, raid setup, class diversity, etc. So putting us back to a deprecated state of dmg that we all throught to pass already, feels worse than intended I guess.

At least me any my guild is always working hard to find another percent of dps here and there, introduce another supporter, try new tactics, but now some may feel cheated by the server, since all our progress in cooperative dps feels like being nerfed --> gone. I mean, it's not rlly gone but generally nerfed and I know, our optimizations are still worth it, but ROFL as an instance is still boring and will be forever, but now we need about 15 mins more (in average) to finish a run, which is just useless in my eyes. Instead I personally would have let rofl as is and focus my development resources to new content.

pls nerf warden he is OP now :(

I guess warden pets and cenedrils wasn't affected by the 30% damage reduction of "players" ;)

Should also adjusted in my opinions. Seems a bit crazy if your pet/cenedrils deals more damage than yourself

I can approve, warden pets deal more than 50% of the player's damage... this shouldn't be inteded I guess :/ Some are even able to deal 60% of the overall dmg of the warden players...

Before I switched to Warden tank, I almost only played K/Ch, because that is the only class that combines a ton of aggro with a lot of useful utilities for Crowd Control (CC).

I agree, the class has a much lower def than most other tanks and has to actively work for it instead of just clicking a cooldown/buff. Does this affect the class in being a worse (compared with other knights) tank? Not at all.

The CC the K/Ch delivers, is the best I've ever seen on any tanking class so far, you can interrupt everything, always, just like K/M, but additionaly you have a stacking utility (which is more useful than you would expect), AoE stuns and some kind of damage support for the entire raid. Even, if you have a W/P with you, the class is much more useful than a K/M in any ways.

From my personal perspective as a player that played any existing plate tank combo so far, the K/Ch is one of the best and most useful classes for the very most different situations in any kind of instance. Most other tank classes can't use so much useful utility while being a viable tank. Personally I don't like those selfish tanks who bring no support at all to the raid, since tanking itself is definite but being useful as well, is just another thing.

I really like the new system as it is, I like the idea behind it but... me and some of my guild mates think, you brought this into game too early. In a while all of us will have different passive attributes, so all players will deal (and take) a very different damage in inis, bcz of less or more def, less or more matt/patt, etc. Maybe it would have been better to first finish the balancing before introducing something like that.

And additionally make the Warden/Champ a plate tank, since it's useless as a chain class?

Please don't. Wd/Ch can tank rofl in chain dps gear, I don't know where you see a useless class...

Those chain players i saw, weren't able to do so... so I was thinking, it was a general issue of this class. Haven't tried it yet by myself, cuz I got not chain gear. However, having another plate tank would be great, since warden is a great tanking class.

Reduced magical damage output by 20% to 90.6% from 100%. Changed Warp Charge to increase magical damage by 20% additionally.

I don't get the point of making ALL magical classes dependant of the wl/m. I mean, the patch was really good before and not it feels just bad. However, we have 1 hour left to react on it and change the whole thing again, yaay.

Maybe you also could add my suggestion of S/Wl making Poisonous Snipe not trigger gcd? And additionally make the Warden/Champ a plate tank, since it's useless as a chain class?

SWl

Scout/Warlock

• Increased Elemental Discipline damage to 143.4% from 78.9%.

In my rotation, the Elemental Discipline is equal to 13-15% of my dps. So this buff would approx. increase my dps by another 10-13%, If I calculated correctly. That should fit making this class overall better without making it OP again.

Maybe in the same run, make Poisonous Snipe1490458 not to trigger the GCD, since that skill is used right in between the rotation. Also, Byte there is a loca missing on a german Client, for the amount of poison damage increased:

42326db3e7321399d6ae55b795b4d1e8.png

WdW

After some time of playing this class I got used to it and need to update my suggestions I recently made:

Quote from Zyrex (18.04.)
    • Change Resilience of Life494354 should additionally increase physical defense by 30% to give the class more def than dps champs... :rolleyes:
    • The Lv 50 eilte Coat of Arms494611 is a bit useless in my eyes. It could buff the entire party or raid instead of only one target and the caster.
    • Also the Lv 60 eilte Elf Blessing499902 could reduce the cooldown of Elven Guidance499903 by 30 seconds additionally. My mana consume was a bit too high, even while using a wisdom transformation potion and additional support. So the skill was always having about 20 seconds left, when I wanted to use it again.
    • Feral Leader499900 should increase the damage of party members by 5% instead of reducing the aggro, which is pretty useless, bcz everyone is already at the 10% aggro cap.
    • Defensive power seems alright, since you parry all the time.
    • Coat of Arms hitting a second target is useless. I used it only for myself, never on someone else. Maybe change this to a partybuff as suggested above.
    • Mana sustain is still very bad, Elven Guidance definitely needs a shorter cooldown of 60-90 seconds on this class. Even while I was using all my MP buffs (or MP reduction buffs) and additional MP recovery from healers, I constantly had to use my potions. Maybe reduce the increased phys. def., while lowering the cooldown not to make the skill op.
    • Feral Leader's aggro reduction is still useless, since I had no problems with aggro at all, even against champs who forgot about their hatred rune. Instead, maybe reduce the party's incoming damage by 10% for the duration as xLutinex mentioned as well.

Hello there,

the Frantic Briar (1490330) is adapted by the Lv 45 Elite "Will Attack" (494610) which makes it increase the damage taken of targets hit by 6% while the Spirit of the Oak is summened. This is working well. But the description of the Frantic Briar says, it decreases damage dealt by 6%, which is neither applied with Spirit of the Oak nor without.

So either the description is wrong or the additional damage reduction is not being applied. I tested this in several rofl runs and on a taunted Itnal Camp Balton (my incoming dmg was always the same with or without debuff on mob).

8080fc643cd78839e4b7c99aa9f237fd.png

Patch 10.4.0.5004

I agree to Ryzek , the Shield Form adaption will change nothing at all.

Also, why nerfing warrior damage? Did I miss something? Was there a Warrior overperforming? :/

Quote from Planned Patch Notes

Scout/Warlock

• Increased Elemental Discipline damage to 143.4% from 78.9%.

I like that very much, maybe the S/Wl is more viable then. :love:

The Warlock nerfs are also a good thing, but why did the Wl/Wd only get such a small nerf? Maybe nerf the Soulcrusher ISS? Or let Devestating Chop reduce AoE damage while in effect? Something like that I'm missing, since that class can stack dark damage up to nearly infinity. While Soulcrusher is hitting always without any downtime, with all its low cd buffs it reaches more overall AoE damage than most other classes.

This doesn't justify claiming that Knight is a worse tank than Champ though, which both you and Zyrex did repeatedly. There is a reason why the majority of tanks play Knight.

A knight doesn't reach 100% parry, so there are always situations this class needs to rely to clean def and hp, since you can be hit without parrying. And a champ maybe has lesser parry, but if it comes that hits aren't parried, the champ has better values of def and hp, which matter more.

Yes, W/P has support, but K/M is a tank, as I said. I fail to see your point here.

Knight tanks have always been more supporters than other tanks. There is only 1 single knight class that has no support/utility at all, that's the knight/rogue - but this one is the most defensive knight, so additional support ability would break its concept.

I heavily disagree on making Champion tanks plate wearers though.

This is not at all about making champs plate tanks. We just want to make sure that you need an adapted gear (as wl/k or a magical k/m do) to be able to tank. The only thing that is just unfair is that a chain dps strength build can tank equally or even better than other plate stamina builds.

In my eyes the default Shield Form should be changed to only decrease incoming damage by 10% while increasing output dmg by 10%. The champ/knight shield form could stay as is, but the class should be nerfed generally, since you can tank even in lether gear with it.

Our only wish is a real balancing, that you can play any tanking class you want, but need an adapted gear (full stamina) to be viable in your role as a tank.

Let's clarify the problem more: Would you be happy if stamina plate wearing classes (like Knight/Warrior or Knight/Champ) deal more damage than strength chain classes? No, ofc not. But why would strength chain classes tank better than most/any stamina plate classes? 🤯

Just one correction MidanLauert UwU

They're f****** great. Play what you want as long as you can do your job. K/D, /Ch, /R and M are viable. Champ-Tanks are very viable (but sometimes really, really annoying) in almost every combination. The only notable outlier is the Ch/M that's a bit too strong.

Wd is the weakest of the three "main tanks" but does a pretty decent job when paired with a /K or a /W. Hell, even a WL/K can paritally tank rofl... somehow. W/K is a pretty decent tank, too.

Tanks are great as long as you don't play knight yourself and compare your value of viability as a tank to champ dps classes. You will realize that those strength based chain dps builds have better values plus can play tactics that require a minimum of patt (e.g. rofl b1). So basically - if you don't support the raid as a knight - you are currently less useful than a champ dps.

Balancing tanks should either make "real" stamina oriented tanks better than chain strength dps or nerf the viability of chain classes as tanks in strength oriented gear. (if you ask me, I would entirely remove shield form from game and make it only available for champ/knight, but fortunately I don't do balancing here :D)

The fact that you reach better values as a chain dps champ in shield form than a full stamina-statted plate knight or warden or warrior, is just ridiculous. The only fact why warden tanks are actually viable in the current tank meta is their 100% parry rate. Without they have some defensive cooldowns which unfortunately have a decently higher downtime than uptime, which makes them useless in long lasting fights through immune phases / boss tactics stages.

I mean, yes, rofl isn't that hard that you actually "need" good defensive values, but a dps class shouldn't be able to replace a fulltank with just 1 click.

73ef66aeabc491194a116ac5f1428179.png

Hello Friend,

Ascension is an international endgame guild, but also combines professional playing with fun into a comfortable environment. Our major goal is the advancement of each member through teamwork while maintaining a familial atmosphere.

What we offer

• daily raids into the highest instances (Rofl and Gorge)
    • fair and easy-to-use DKP tracking system with included guild shop via Discord
    • friendly, helpful and experienced playerbase
    • own bed in our guild castle

What we require

• general experience of the game and its mechanics
    • ability to communicate with us in english
    • rofl ready gear
    • ability for teamplay
    • Discord client and headset/speakers
    • humor

We may only ascend together.

e889914dac66e7b9b921b5663ee4a3c6.png

(...) sometimes you fall into such a trap that you do not see (...)

I feel that everytime I run rofl without a scout in party :pinch:

That's a very objective statement and so true on so many ways. I agree on most points (can't speak about rogue for example) and one of the best choices would be a split into multiple class specific sections / sub-forums, as I already suggested multiple times in the past. The major problem in the balancing thread is, that - as you also mentioned at the beginning - most very important posts getting lost so fast and spammed away. So you need to activate your entire guild/friends to like the posts to make sure, ppl see it... which is just unfortunate.

Just some quick notes from myself on that topic... breifly... at least I try to keep it short :)

Balancing of magical classes

The season thing is a good comparison, I also see something like that happening with the mages. I stopped playing primary mage, because I wanted to get rid of changing my subclass any 2 weeks to deal the most damage with it. But however, I still find myself changing my class any 2 weeks, because another OP class is popping up. Nowadays it's the druid/rogue and warlock/scout which are most overpovered (imo), maybe also warlock/warden can be included since that class is too easy for that huge amount of dmg it deals, which is far away from any other magical classes, even if it's not the strongest one.

Balancing of Tanks

Another big problem is that there is literally no balancing of tanks. I appreciate the change of Warrior/Knight some weeks ago, but that was a single adaption, which didn't really make the class viable, just a bit less worse than any other tanking class. At the moment I'm seriously asking myself to sell my entire plate gear and buy a chain one, because I coult tank equal as a champ and additionally deal damage with one single buff change. Also I would finally be able to play event at b1 in rofl as a tank, since my plate has not enough patt on it... a chain dps gear would have and is equal if it comes to tanking! I mean, maybe boost the champ's damage in general, nerf the op champ/mage and cut away that shield form, which is just broken overpowered imbalanced by far. Maybe let the champ/knight as it is, but also require plate armor to be a viable tank.

Atm you have much better defensive values as a champ/xxx in a dps chain gear than any warden/warrior, warden/knight or warrior/knight tank in plate armor out there. Even some knight-classes are having worse values than dps champs! I'm glad, my guild still accepts me as a useless plate armor-guy, because I use to play utility classes with a lot of crowd control, but having a knight/rogue or knight/priest in a raid would be a waste of a slot these days, which is a shame! Let a tank require plate armor or at least adapted gear for being viable as a tank.

In terms of aggro per second, we better don't talk about, that's another issue, but not relevant at the current (still beginning) state of balancing.

The current state of balancing...

...is literally at the very beginning. Just a few months ago we got the new warlock combinations, that rerolled the entire meta for magical classes and literally busted it. Additionally we got so many rebuilt classes in the meantime, that are partially op (r/s) or totally useless (s/wl) compared to the most others. Can't speak about chain and lether classes, cuz I don't play them. But guild mates told me it's not different at all.

I agree on the schema Merkur suggested...

Quote from Merkur

...Balance idea...:

...and think, this entire thing - as it is atm - needs a huge rethinking in terms of an order of the entire process.

I think, the current way with only 1 balancing thread is the best wrong decision that was ever made for that process. It's hilarious how some ppl try to make their very own favorite class the very best, since all of us are pokemon trainers who want to finally beat the champ. In my eyes there are 2 options: Either close the thread and don't care about community feedback or separate the classes just like Merkur suggested above. Only problem I see there are those special classes like warden/druid, scout/warlock or warrior/mage, because those are magical classes with originally physical main classes. Same relates to a lot of others, but that shall be just an example.

BUT I don't wanna make the entire process a bad thing, because there was so much time invested and I appreciate many of the past/latest changes. So it's not everything lost already. We still have many viable new classes, even most supporter classes are very interesting and make the current meta different to any server I ever played on. I see a huge potential there, if you do the stuff right. I still have hopes that this comes to an end some day, but I think, it's still somewhere at the beginning. :/ I think, someone needs to find a clear path and some sort of structure in that chaos and you will do fine then, I'm sure. :thumbup:

Good points, but why "Even a chain dps Champion is Shield form has higher values than the Warden with tank plate". Champs in shield form have higher values than any plate tank with same gear? ^^

Yes sure, but from my experience, a Warden/Warrior always had more def than any other class, but nowadays it seems not to be true anymore unfortunately...

Due to the only 18% patt reduction through the Oak Spirit, the Warden would need muuuuch more def than any other tank out there. Those high-cd-low-duration-buffs are nice to have, but the class definitely needs some more passive def bonus.

And not every class is on 10% aggro cap. There are some classes like Scout/Warlock and Mage/Rogue which has extra +aggro selfbuffs. And again a 5% dmg buff for the group isn't really needed if you compare the outgoing damage now with that 1 year ago. 5-10% incoming damage reduce instead of aggro reduce would be better in my eyes for the Feral Leader.

Yes, but one could still use -aggro runes in that matter, so the skill buff is just useless. And yea, I agree, 5-10% dmg reduction might be the better suggestion for it.

WdW

I played the Warden/Warrior these days in rofl, it's a pretty funny class to tank with, but lacks a bit in HP and Def compared to other tanks. Even a chain dps Champion is Shield form has higher values than the Warden with tank plate, which is kinda strange. So I collected some suggestions that could make the class more useful and viable to play.

• Change Resilience of Life494354 should additionally increase physical defense by 30% to give the class more def than dps champs... :rolleyes:
    • The Lv 50 eilte Coat of Arms494611 is a bit useless in my eyes. It could buff the entire party or raid instead of only one target and the caster.
    • Also the Lv 60 eilte Elf Blessing499902 could reduce the cooldown of Elven Guidance499903 by 30 seconds additionally. My mana consume was a bit too high, even while using a wisdom transformation potion and additional support. So the skill was always having about 20 seconds left, when I wanted to use it again.
    • Feral Leader499900 should increase the damage of party members by 5% instead of reducing the aggro, which is pretty useless, bcz everyone is already at the 10% aggro cap.

S/Wl

This class is still underperforming for a long while now. Maybe a solution to make this viable again would be to change all its poison casts to enable "cast while moving". This would make Piercing Arrow and Combo Shot much better, since both are currently almost interrupted by moving. The Warlock/Scout for example can cast everything while moving, which makes it that viable in the current meta.

Also the Elemental Discipline could be buffed a bit again in damage, because the class definitely needs a push in sustain damage imo.

Overall the class is as bad as any druid dps class, which is sad.

Hello World... It would be nice if you could Do the cenedrils and warden pets 50% smaller or you make them invisible for other Player... If you run instance all of the screen is full of pets... Would be a nice change.... THX

BEST GREETZ

Against it, since we're using cenedrils and warden pets for tactical pulls in trashes. At least for me as a tank it would be important to always have an eye on those pets in order to react on their behavior. Also everything that can pull stuff, needs to be visible for everyone imo, or there will be pure chaos in the future ;)

Maybe an additional option to hide them would be okay imo, but not to integrate them into the given one.