Posts by MidanLauert

Hey, while we're at changing the meta a bit, could the "master of aggro" skill of the ch/wd be changed to just allow the usage of plate armour? It's such a cool tank, but really not worth to play. :/

Quote from XLutinex

I would suggest a reduce by 35-50% (better ~50).

Keep in mind that people need to be able to run rofl with red rofl gear. :D being fully golden at t12+ isn't the standard for the average player. A damage reduction of overall ~15% would be fine, but everything above that will absolutely kill the next generation of players.

Bashing someone's head in also makes them bleed, so... Yeah.

Yeah so here is the thing, I wanted to ask you guys this for a long time cause there's an atrocity happening in Dalanis. You can attack the cat in front of the Nightbar and kill it. The cat's ID is 100186 or 102754, I am not sure which one.

Can this little critter PLEASE be made untargetable or impossible to kill? I always feel sorry when I see someone kill it. :/

I've noticed that there's a big difference between end- and midgame players when it comes to the satisfaction of ROFL, whereas the Midgame-Players feel like it's just not worth it to play the classes they want simply because they're being incredibly outshined by other players while the endgame players often despise ROFL for it's monotony and ease of play once you figure out how to do it.

Therefore I propose this:
    -> Turn the current normal mode into easy mode; reduce the amount of core shards needed to 1

-> Turn the current hard mode to normal mode and revert some of the buffs to bosses and mobs (Especially nerf the mobs aoe! :D)
    -> Finally implement those changes into the new hard mode and buff the bosses again, but also beef up the rewards (e.g. 2 cores, 10k coins, "petrified" pain/knowledge/protection-fragments at endboss, like Gorge and Inferno have?)

This way the very endgame players have a reason to keep pushing themselves while giving the midgame players a chance to catch up without being literally leeched through. It would also give more levers in terms of balancing.

ROFL has put many players in a corner, as Gorge is often more difficult (event wise) than the higher instance and Inferno doesn't bring enough income to properly breach someone into the endgame.

Have a blessed day,
    Midan

I support the general changes being made, though I do not enjoy the broad strokes that have been put forth to apply them; imho it wasn't neccessary to nerf all the champs damage, just the ch/m's. That being said, I am glad about the direction of this patch!

Let's clarify the problem more: Would you be happy if stamina plate wearing classes (like Knight/Warrior or Knight/Champ) deal more damage than strength chain classes? No, ofc not. But why would strength chain classes tank better than most/any stamina plate classes? 🤯

With much respect, but you are losing yourself in hyperbaly here. Champion Tanks have significant weaknesses in terms of AoE aggro, support and protection of ones team. You need to always stand at awkward angles in ROFL that lead to insanely annoying situations that can only be rectified by using your last-ditch-taunts to not end up in a trap. Your single-target aoe aggro is almost unbeatable though, as you wear a high DPS weapon (in the very most cases) and have insane aggro multipliers in rune pulse.

Generally speaking, I would also rank the knights defensive utilities higher than the champions, especially if you consider that much of a champions defense is very situational; the last multiplier on defense on a champion isn't always fully there (attack is the best defense), part of your damage reduction requires you to be low life and you lack a significant amount of parry. Granted, you do take about 30% less damage (20.6% base in shield form and 10% from the setskill) and can cheat death once, but that is about it. No reduction in enemy patk/damage, no shield of discipline, no support for your team. Switching to shield form also kills your damage, as you convert 87% of your strength to stamina, leaving you will a very low amount of physical attack.

These weaknesses lead the main tanks of basically every endgame guild to be knights (or sometimes wardens), but very rarely to be a champion. Sure they can, but it's clunky and unsafe. I agree though that Champ/Mages cross a line in terms of defensive capabilities; they're a tank running amok in chain gear.

This is not at all about making champs plate tanks. We just want to make sure that you need an adapted gear (as wl/k or a magical k/m do) to be able to tank. The only thing that is just unfair is that a chain dps strength build can tank equally or even better than other plate stamina builds.

Building nieche gear for a class is something that is possible right now; it's just not worth it because the pure chain tanks suck. They lack the defensive capabilities to properly survive without a real gain. WD/Ch would be a really, really, REALLY cool tank if one had defensive chain gear. One doesn't. Nobody does. It is simply not worth it to build.

You didn't get the point. Like Madox said, Shield Form was never fair.

I wholeheartedly disagree here. It is unfair in the ch/m that can stand on top of the scrutinizer and just presses one button to switch to "lol f*** you I'm the tank now" and uses a taunt in the trash to deal more damage. Void armour and the fact that it's permanent buff has no drawback the issure, not the shield form.
    Ch/Wd and Ch/Wl are the only two other champions that are somewhat worth playing and both suffer as a tank with their permanent tradeoff-buffs. (15% more damage tanken and 20% less heal respectively).

Especially in the cases of /P and /W, Shield form is an absolute neccessity since the aggro multipliers on one of their main skills doesn't just go with switching into disassembly mode. The /S' blood arrow works directly against him and /K can't do anything but be in shield form and already wears plate.

Gutting shield form is not the solution here.

There is a general issue of tankiness between the roles here; the melee DPS is significantly more risky to play without a real reward. Your reaction time needs to be much higher, you need much more awareness and movement and you either need to build more defensively or have defensive buffs to stay alive on your own.

As long as you are not rocking at least one of your sets fully golden, you will have no chance but to sometimes switch to shield form simply to survive some of the melee aoes in RoFL as any champion other than /m. The trash is strong enough to oneshot people easily, unless they're already partially golden.

The proposal is to cut an entire class in half because knights aren't special enough anymore. Knights have significant strengths over the champion but aren't as versatile. The champion in turn isn't as safe as a tank and the only outlier when it comes in DPS is the Ch/M.

There are so much bigger fish to fry right now, though I agree that balancing tanks is very important.

Outrageous and disgraceful post. It is alarmist and disrespectful.

You are highlighting symptoms, not the problems behind that; the goal of balancing is, to put it bluntly, to even out the cost of achieving a certain goal (defense, heal, damge) between combinations in the same field. This way the general playerbase will not feel cheated or limited by viability. This gets complicated when you take into account that DPS, as the only field of classes, are in a competetive setting as the top end is infinite. This is unique in the way that and other class is able to customize much more in terms of build (though most follow trends) as they do not neccessarily need to compete. WL/M doesn't need to compete because they're always in a run; just like heals and tanks. Not sure about your D/W DPS though.

This simply means that a weaker class will never be played as their viability is limited by a comparison between the players and not the content itself. The very peak will be sparcly populated and small changes can topple the entire metagame, something that caused dissatisfaction among endgame players for a while now. The way you propose to fix this though would only worsen the problem.

This is why your methodology for achieving balance as proposed would be fundamentally wrong: It falls apart at the base definitions of the general discourse and will lead into even further discord simply by trying get rid of the steep curve.

• 1) Find the strongest combination of the class and give him nerf

Define Strongest. It may be easy in some situations, like the rouge, where the strongest is definitely the /s. But let's go to the warlocks. Is the WL/Scout or the WL/Wd the best? Warriors? Wardens? Champions? Arguably the strongest champion is the Champ/Druid, that literally can tank ROFL while supporting and healing.

• 2) Find the weakest / weak combination and give him a big boost

Define weakest. Arguably the Champ/Druid is the weakest champion, as it literally has no damage potential, like, at all. It has some good buffs but no matter what you do, you kind of suck in comparison to other damage dealers. You are also not really all that versatile, unlike the /Priest or /Warlock - both are much more suited to a quickly adapting playstyle that can catch a lack in damage or tankiness much more easily.

Those two points alone cause the entire basis for your argument to be shaky. You are dissatisfied with balancing not being a one-patch-fix-all (i.e. a process) while at the same time asking for many small patches (i.e. a process).

This is just what so many people get wrong about balancing. They don't realize that DPS classes are more or less the same unless they bring something else to the table; which in turn makes them unattractive as pure DPS because they can never be as strong as those without the "extra". If they were, they'd be OP. This is why you never see any wd/p or wl/d as a heal. Someone would need to sacrifice DPS for support and play a priest or druid as damage dealer so that the neccessary buffs are still around. There are very many cases of classes like that around:

Take the Rouge/Champ for example. It deals quite nice damage but will never reach levels of the Rouge/Scout, simply because the classes utility is high enough to deny equal DPS. I bet that, unless you solodamage, you finish the instance in similar speed though.

But hey, what about non-competetive groups of classes like the tank or support or heal?
    They're f****** great. Play what you want as long as you can do your job. K/D, /Ch, /R and M are viable. Champ-Tanks are very viable (but sometimes really, really annoying) in almost every combination. The only notable outlier is the Ch/M that's a bit too strong.

Wd is the weakest of the three "main tanks" but does a pretty decent job when paired with a /K or a /W. Hell, even a WL/K can paritally tank rofl... somehow. W/K is a pretty decent tank, too. Supports are always a pleasure to have in runs and heal is 'just' gated by "can you provide buff xyz and keep us alive?".

The balancing could be better, I agree, but don't go around calling so many hours of work, sweat, consideration and discussion "stupidity" or "madness". Balancing is a process. You don't tell a baker their cake sucks just because you tried the dough either; why do it here?

It is near impossible to grasp every single class combination and how changes to one affect the game in the long run.

You twist one screw and you need to readjust the entire ship - until you find a point of equilibrium; only to have it all become obsolete towards the next instance and let the game of cat and mouse begin again.

Have a blessed day,
    Midan.

I noticed aswell as wl/k. Maybe is this:

• Changed physical and magical absorb attributes to do not stack by summing.

Hmm could be. Makes some classes a bit weak imho

I agree, but I also think that it's probably to prevent some abusing behaviour with wave armour + wl shield, where you could basically make one person immortal for 20 seconds.

Generally I find the change good, readjustments for classes being hit too hard have to be made though.

Greetings,
    I have two things I'd like to talk about:

1)
    I really like the concept of the Ch/W as a tank. Sadly it can't compete with other tanks in most endgame situations due to the lack of meaningful AoE aggro abilities. It's pretty nice in single target aggro though - something that a champion already doesn't struggle with!

A simple fix for this would be to give Detonation of VengeanceID: 499850 an aggro increase like other taunts, 5% on top of the base aggro; or remove the taunt altogether and add a hefty aggro multiplier in shield form.

2)
    The D/W is the most underperforming chain-class that currently exists in the game. The concept is good, but in it's current state, it's just not worth playing at all. It's clunky and has abyssmal rage and odd nature power management, on top of not having the needed survivability that other melee classes have. Even further, it has two skills that trigger no GCD that both consume quite a chunk of rage, often creating holes in one's combo where one may not be able to attack until some more rage is generated.

The biggest issue the class has with it's rage management is that it's directly linked to nature power - much like the WLs are linked to their PSI in order to deal high damage. To generate rage, the player must first use heart breaker; spending one nature point in the process. This forces said player to then use nature attack, every second heartbreaker, losing one basic attack and negating the rage gain of heart breaker entirely, as one basic attack restores 18 rage, netting the effective rage gain to 12; but keep in mind that in a scenario like that, one may not use the elevated damage of cross thorn blow.

To fix these issues, I have come up with some changes to the class

Here is my proposal:

- Change Healing Winds494365 to a passive skill that grants stacks upon healing your team. Each stack provides 3% area damage reduction to yourself, stacking up to 8-10 times(Total: 24-30% less area damage recieved)

This is similar to the reduction in Damage many main chain classes that currently are meta have.

You automatically gain stacks while performing basic attacks (thanks to staff of glory) or you can press your heals manually to stack up. They won't heal all that much, but it'll work!

- Natural Attack494016 should be turned into an area of effect like the Warden's "Power of the wood spirit" as the chaining mechanic is very clunky and quite confusing at times, whereas targets directly in front of you may not be hit, but some, far away, might be attacked. This mechanic is great on scouts, doesn't really work on a melee class.
    It also should cost mana instead of rage, removing the barrier of entry to generate nature power.

- Heart Breaker494216 needs to have it's nature power cost removed and always deal the elevated damage, cutting out the need for natural attack on bosses to deal it's damage

- Strike494949 should generate one nature power during use.

Have a blessed day,
    Midan

I was in your house, and you have XP bonus: 25, and TP bonus: 84.

You won't get much of bonus with such low values.

I am not sure if this correspondance was before or after we whispered ingame, but the issue is that it isn't working anymore when one is offline, not the amount being too low.

Even though, before, one relog was enough to max out both exp and tp boni.

Thank you and have a pleasant day!
    Midan

But you expressed your thoughts intending to make changes until other changes are made, not in case they are not made. Thats the difference and that is what I think is the wrong approach, which again is why I expressed these thoughts.

You're getting in semantics territory here. It doesn't matter whether the class will ever be changed or not; just because changes are made now doesn't shut the door for other changes down the line. It's not happening now and it's not in the list of possible changes, nor do we have word from the developers, therefore it's reasonable to assume it won't happen in the near future, if ever.

The fact is what we have now: warden tanks (With the exception of Wd/K) don't seem viable at the moment. And it's again a barrier of entry issue. If you need gold gear for a class to be competetive it's not a viable class.

I know quite a few players who would love to play a Wd tank if given the option - and especially with the change of Wd/Ch to be allowed to wear plate armour, the aggro transfer issue wouldn't even come up later down the line.

How can you say this if you also say you would want to see the aggro-transfer being a thing later on? Once again you seem to contradict yourself. I already adressed this exact point earlier: seeing it come to this, would be another example of what is a shame.

It's literally right there. Giving the class plate makes it viable and even good in both scenarios, it even fits the theme of the class. You are being quite disingenuous here. "The aggro transfer issue" is the one we're talking about; whether changes now would destroy the possibility of a fix for the skill coming later down the line, as stated in the paragraph below. Please take what I say into context.

It quite literally doesn't even make sense why you argue against these proposed changes. Your position is to keep a class in subpar to useless territory for the possibility it might become good later on. We both know that's not a good argument or good balancing, especially since balancing is a process. It's not like this one class will destroy the entire meta and force everyone to build around that class. The changes are small and easily revertable if the need would ever arise and the identity of the class would still be unique enough with all it's abilities intact. If master of aggro ever works properly the playstyle won't change much either, as you need to build defensively for your pets stats anyway. Let's weigh up the pros and cons;

Pro:
    You get to play a cool class now
    The possible later changes to Master of aggro aren't being denied by the ones proposed

Con:
    The need to rework the aggro formula gets smaller

I know those changes would be a bandaid-fix but I would rather have a bandaid than an open wound.

Have a good one!

~Midan

I can't state enough how much I would prefer the aggro transfer method, but in case this method won't become viable I've given it some thought which I expressed here, as literally anyone else does. And I agree that the bigger picture is important - which is why I believe that a viable warden tank would actually make a good addition to the (increasingly) stale tank-market.

About 90% of tanks you see running around are K/Rs. The rest is split up between /Ch or /D and the occasional champion as well as Zyrex, the madman, tanking as W/K. I've not once seen a Warden Tank in any ROFL run, no, any core run, peroid. That's a real shame. I know quite a few players who would love to play a Wd tank if given the option - and especially with the change of Wd/Ch to be allowed to wear plate armour, the aggro transfer issue wouldn't even come up later down the line.

The second that skill would work properly the whole dyanmic of the class would shift to a pet focussed tanking experience. Sure it would take some additional work once the skill could actually be implemented (like nerfing pet stat conversion rates) but the class by then would need an overhaul anyway.

I understand the issue you are having, but:

The investment is extreme (8-9 new pieces of gear) for a mediocore outcome. One could just play a champion and be able to tank in damage gear without having specialized equipment.

This is why classes that want to play as tank should be able and partially even forced to wear plate armour IMO.

...statements like these dont go with each other. If you want to force tanks to wear (partially) plate, whats wrong with wearing tanky accessory, wings, offhands etc? There it does not even matter if you already own that sort of gear or if you have to build new pieces, as you can use them on any class the same.

The statements go together fine if you take them into context. The investment for chain-tank-gear is way to big as you already agree for its mediocore outcome. And I've tried the Wd/Ch as a tank with tank wings and accessory. It's not good. The class doesn't have the tools it needs to have to be able to compete with other tanks.

The word partially in that sense is confusing, just to be clear: Some of the tanks should get the option to wear plate or be forced to play plate if they want to tank, not only need plate gear in parts. Wd/W already does this and it works fine (though the class isn't played for other reasons).

That being said I can only repeat myself, as wd/ch in its current state is not unplayable:

I loved the original idea for this class and I hope our devs can find a solution for the issues they encountered with this aggro-transfer. Until they had the opportunity to give it another shot I am fine with leaving the class as it currently is, which is I reckon a "temporary solution".

And if you look into the forum, the rework of a whole core mechanic is neccessary (aggro formula) as you can see here.

Changes should be made to accomodate the class in it's current form. The class is technically playable but why the hell would anybody throw rocks in their own way. Play Ch/K with the same gear and have much better results.

And once the aggro formula is reworked we may see master of aggro return to what it's supposed to be. For the meantime the class should be made viable because it's skills are really cool. It would be my favorite class if it worked properly.

You are right. Hyperbaly doesn't really help this. I should have been more concise.

What I am meaning to say is that the barrier of entry for a warden-chain-tank is too high and the tradeoff between having those offensive stats where defensive ones could take the place is just not worth it. The investment is extreme (8-9 new pieces of gear) for a mediocore outcome. One could just play a champion and be able to tank in damage gear without having specialized equipment.

The class has a really, really cool concept - and as long as the aggro transfer doesn't work or isn't implemented, this barrier of entry will make the class very impractial to play.

The issue with having chain equipment specifially for tanks is that on most tanks, physical attack is borderline useless as you mostly run on minimal damage anyway. In rare cases you get over that threshold but you're still nowhere near a Damagedealer. Sure the crit is nice; but havnig many of your nonstats to be recuded in effectivity like that is just something that doesn't fit into the metagame at all - and it's not like you'd need the boost in aggro either.

I also agree that Chain tanks devalue plate armour significantly. Being able to tank with barely anything changed is bad for the economy of the game. This is why classes that want to play as tank should be able and partially even forced to wear plate armour IMO.

That being said,
    I would change the following:

Either:

490bf3898f.png Level 40 Eliteskill, ID 1490524

-> Reduce it's defense gain to 70% but allow the class to equip plate armour.

Or:

46f223366d.pngLevel 20 Eliteskill, ID: 1490520

-> Reduce pAtk further, by 50%. Let this pet gain bonus HP for Strength.

7991537a57.png Level 25 Eliteskill, ID 1490521

-> Reduce it's amount to 3% per second for either. Increase the overall uptime by either reducing the CD or increasing it's uptime.

01a42dd20f.png Level 45 Eliteskill, ID 1490525

-> Make this instead modify the damage transfer ability (ID 493399) to turn it into a toggle.

The class was originally designed to be played to have their aggro put down onto the pet. That means that one may actually tank with chain gear which would be possible with high investment. You don't gather enough parry rate and life that way, also the physical attack is useless on a tank as you reduce it yourself anyway.

The class needs it's defensive capabilities nerfed but allowed to wear plate - then the class would actually be really cool.

I don't know if the calculation is correct, but I have jewelry for a tank, plus a pet (gives 40% parry) - a total of 82% parry rate.

Yup. It's still about 9% more damage taken than most other tanks that quite easily reach max parry rate. And, 1.2 million def is not enough at all. You need specialized chain gear that has loads of useless stats for you. That's my point

The class was originally designed to be played to have their aggro put down onto the pet. That means that one may actually tank with chain gear which would be possible with high investment. You don't gather enough parry rate and life that way, also the physical attack is useless on a tank as you reduce it yourself anyway.

The class needs it's defensive capabilities nerfed but allowed to wear plate - then the class would actually be really cool.

Hi.

The Wd/Ch is brutally useless due to the class being originially balanced around transferring aggro to one's pet. Would it be possible to allow the class to simply wear plate armour but reduce it's extra defenses (From 93,6% def to about 60% would suffice)? Otherwise the class isn't really playable.

Also: The extra pet you get has double the summon time of the other, standard warden pets.

Thank you

~ Midan

I think GCD and focus would be enough for now. Perhaps it coud give some less focus but the cooldown would also be lower, then the damage would also be fine as it is. Don't want the class overbuffed, otherwise it may turn out to be the next R/Sc xD

Hi there.

I really like the K/WL but the class is lacking when it comes to meaningful combos. This is mainly due to the high focus cost of it's non-gcd skills and how brutally useless Strike of Punishment is. The changes I would like to propose are the following: Strike of Punishment should restore focus and be useable without a gcd. This would fix both issues. It wouldn't be too strong either as it's own cooldown of 7 seconds prevents spamming and it's damage is quite small.

Just to clarify: I am speaking about the hit with the ID 1490840 and not 1490839. Punishment itself is fine!

Hi. In the screenshots you see that the debuff from Heavy Strike of the Ch/M (ID 621164) is taken down by the /d heavy strike. (ID 1500934) and prevents further stacking.

In the screenshots you can see my buddy stacking to three, then me using heavy strike twice to stack mine, preventing his stack.

Could these be made stackable from 3 on? Thanks!

Hi.

Warden/Champions Level 45 Elite skill, Master of Aggro (passive, ID:14905259) does nothing.

No aggro is transferred between the pet and the summoner, rendering the class useless.

Please fix it, thanks!

This must be a translation issue and will be corrected, the skill is increasing your aggro by 75% passively. That mechanic has been removed months ago due to being unable to manage it properly in current aggro formula.

Greetings

Oh, thanks for notifying me. That is a real bummer.