Posts by Serenadae

Regarding cards: with new card system, leather will have lowest HP of all classes, bcs magical and chain can use HP or def on cards, which will get an increase of amount if I remember right. So maybe in future chain and magical dps have double HP than leather

they also use tranformation with stamina leather class cant bcs they lose patt from one atr :)

So what would be the solution to this in your opinion ?

Remove strength scaling and let dexterity provide 2 patk ? I thought this was suggested a while ago and was widely rejected by leather players.

I'll explain it to you one more time. Slowly. The new card system benefits leather classes more than cloth and chain. You still with me ?

So it's OKAY that the new stats DON'T benefit leather. It evens things out. Get it ?

Glad I could help :)

Leather classes get more (relevant) stats out of the new card system due to their dual str/dex scaling compared with cloth or chain classes.

Your knowledge of leather classes is close to zero ... The classes don't have one 3x3 stat, to get the best stat you would have to have a different eq for each link and that goes for scout and rogue. Additionally, as you said that the cards give a lot more is also wrong. The cards provide strength and dexterity, but the point count is smaller than with intelligence or wisdom. So please don't say stupid things on the forum. No greetings

"to get the best stat you would have to have different equipment for each link" : Newsflash, that issue is not exclusive to leather. Both Bard/Warrior & Bard/Warden need dex stats (on chain gear) for maximum patk. At least leather has no class that doesn't get a single patk point from either strength or dexterity.

"the point count is smaller": So what ? You still get substantially more patk due to dual stat scaling compared with cloth and chain.

Maybe my knowledge about leather is limited, but what I read from you so far ...

Leather classes get more (relevant) stats out of the new card system due to their dual str/dex scaling compared with cloth or chain classes.

Regarding Warrior/Bard:

The class in it's current state is not viable at all. Which is a shame, since it has many interesting skills and overall a cool flavor to it. Tested it once in Kalin so far and had to swap after the first boss because we were heavily lacking damage. No other class has forced me to swap this far, not even pre-patch Priest/Warrior.

Hence the following suggestions:

-Focused Madness: Remove gcd.

I get that the "effect ceases when there is no enough rage" part is necessary to prevent botting with Leakage, but having to waste a gcd whenever you ran out of rage feels so clunky atm.

-Rapacious Poison: Remove rage cost, change buff duration from 6 to 12 seconds.

Warriors are very rage hungry by default. W/B has it even worse, since Focused Madness constantly devours your focus and you want to use Blasting Cyclone (35 rage) on cd in trashfights. Having a focus based spamable would be a huge improvement. Moreover, increasing the buff duration for the 8% patk would make the rotation more fluent. 6 seconds is just to short.

-Toxic Battle: Change Probing Attack to poison damage as well.

It feels really weird that this part of the "combo" was left out.

-Master of Frenzied Venom: Increase poison damage increment to 20%.

10% additional poison damage on a class that doesn't even exclusively deal poison damage has little impact.

-Sadism: Change buff to be permanent within the id of the current instance (like B/Wl souls).

W/B currently lacks some kind of passive damage increment like other one hander-based classes. Their dps is just so much lower than that of two-handers.

-Fed by the Malice: Change buff to provide 5% weapon damage increment per stack instead.

Currently useless. Nobody needs movement speed increments in PvE, especially on the lvl 70 elite, which is a very significant skill on almost every other class combination.

Regarding B/W.

• Reduced Deadly Notes damage gain to 100% from 113%.
    • Changed Octave Shifting damage to 4530 + 644% from 3020 + 920%.
    • Reduced War Cry physical attack gain to 20% from 30%.
    • Reduced Fatal Friend damage gain to 33% from 49%.

These changes together are too much of a nerf for the class. B/W prior to this changes has strong burst but weak sustain.

Post patch the burst will remain decent, but sustain will become abysmal.

If you intend to reduce the burst substantially, that's fine, but the class will need some kind of compensation for sustain.

Is it intended that Bard gets a substantial amount of patk through Dexterity, regardless of the secondary class ?

Bard/Warden for example, is strictly better with leather gear compared to chain. Not only has it a superior 5 piece bonus (% damage compared to attackspeed), but also significantly more patk because of the attribute scaling.

Bard/Warrior on the other hand, would need chain gear with something like 4x str & 2x dex for optimization, which plainly spoken sucks. It just doesn't feel right that the only real chain wearing Bard combination needs dex stats on chain gear. Both cloth and leather Bards are perfectly fine with existing gear.

Thus far, the introduction of Bard has basically been a love letter to leather (B/Ch, B/S, B/R, B/Wd). Please let at least B/W be designed for "normal" chain gear.

After all, it's bad enough chain users have to build a Tambourine for one class combination only. Even Spear has more versatility to it xD

A DEV statement regarding the attribute scaling would be much appreciated.

In case this was an oversight that's perfectly understandable, the introduction of a whole new class has many implications, partly suprising ones. If intended, please reconsider, at least for B/W.

Agreed. Lvl 90 ISS is completly useless from a pdps point of view as well, since Rhythmic Madness has no dps scaling.

A rework would be much appreciated.

Regarding Bard/Warrior.

Since last patch this class has become unplayable in Kalin (and probably in other instances too). Wacry pulls mobs from everywhere, including below. I honestly don't know why you would change that skill the way you did. Please remove the fear, or at least revert to the old version.

Apart from this, the class constantly lacks rage. I suggest adding a % based rage accumulation buff.

Regarding Bard/Warden. Since the class is meant to be played with a 2h Axe it has only access to Charged Chop (non-gcd), Octave Shifting (20sec cd), Anger (10sec cd) and Splitter (2 sec cd).

Everything else demands an instrument, which makes B/Wd incredibly boring to play.

I suggest changing Real Musician (lvl 45 elite) to alter every skill that requires an Instrument to require a 2h Axe instead and reduce the damage of Lost Sanity from 1004% to 800%.

This way the class would have a real, fluent rotation and not only spam Charged Chop for most of the time. Moreover, it would introduce ressource management since Lost Sanity costs Focus.

Honestly, I think a similar change should be made to every Bard class that wears a non-instrument weapon.

Hi,

With the introduction of the Bard this patch I was confronted with the following issue:

The iss related GetSuitSkill function lists Bard with the index 11 and Common Skills with the index 12.

However, SetSuitSkill sets 11 as index for Common Skills instead.

Sadly this mixup causes a lot of problems for some addons. Please change SetSuitSkill to set 12 as index for Common Skills and 11 for Bard.

It would make me and everyone else who uses the two aforementioned functions very happy.

Edit: Thank you !

Regarding Champion:

Most short-time buffs that other classes have already lasted for 30 seconds to begin with, or were changed accordingly. Even the former "5minute cd damage buffs" Frenzy & Elemental Catalysis, were increased to 30 seconds duration.

Hence I suggest the following:

-Increase the duration of "Secret Technique of the Ruins" (lvl 104 iss) from 15 to 30 seconds (only of the selfbuff)

-Increase the duration of "Hide and Seek" (Ch/S) from 20 to 30 seconds

-Increase the duration of "Heart Collection Rune" (Ch/Wl) from 20 to 30 seconds

-Increase the duration of "Death Arrives" (Ch/R) from 20 to 30 seconds

-Increase the duration of "Bloody Experience" (Ch/M) from 18 to 30 seconds

Champion is currently neither in the best nor in the worst state, I'm positive these changes are reasonable.

Regarding Priest/Warrior. The class itself is not bad but still lacks in terms of a fluent playstyle and damage.

Hence the following suggestions:

-Change Elemental Repercussions (lvl 80 iss) to provide physical crit damage as well

-Increase Fire Fairy damage scaling to that of Belorg-cenedril

-Reduce channel time of Fighting Spirit Combination from 1 second to 0.2 seconds (like R/M combo-throw)

Regarding Warrior/Champion:

Please increase the duration of Unbridled Rage to 15 minutes.

Currently the skill has the same duration and cd, being always active anyway. An additional gcd each 60 seconds has little to no impact in terms of balancing.

So the multitude of runs I did as Ch/Wd prior to the patch (that made the class a lot stronger) doesn't count ? Did Ryzek play the class in enough runs to validify his opinion in your eyes ? Yet you indirectly comment on a matter you only have second hand experience at.

An interesting take.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess, as questionable it might be.

I for one believe that trying to discredit someone's opinion from the get go is not a particularly convincing strategy of argumentation.

Hello,

i have a suggestion for champion/warden. For now, I would like to mention that this champion class is by far the worst (regarding dps).

Would it be possible to modify shock overload so that it can also trigger with 2h axe. In addition, I think that the Aoe damage is much too low, especially for a champion. That you can not keep up in the single target, I think completely fine but the strength in the Aoe should be preserved in my opinion. Shock overload is important for damage on every champion class, so please allow us to use them.

Greetings

The weakest Champion ? We must be playing different games.

So was I, hence my reaction :D