Posts by Serenadae

So let me get that straight, you implement new cards that incentivize the whole server in partaking, yet simultaneously introduce a new title that can only be obtained when a maximum of 2 players are present.

I fail to see the logic behind that.

Cards are a long term reason to play the event, ensuring there is interest for it in subsequent years to come. Title is a reason in short term to try achieve a higher score, rather than in other minigames where you're rewarded for getting to point threshold and stopping to play. Title requirements may be adjusted in future based on feedback from logs, but currently there is no reason to adjust it, as multiple players were obtaining it, and even some players who weren't using cannons in quieter times were achieving higher scores.

Greetings

I might not agree with your reasoning, but I appreciate that you are keeping an eye on the logs.

Regarding Snowball Warrior title.
    The title is currently almost impossible to obtain. Even with only 4 players participating and spamming cannons on cooldown I couldn't get near 400 points. That was at 5am btw, every other timeslot is massively overcrowded.
    Please review the amount of points needed for the title.

PS: Yes, I know some players were able to obtain it, but that was due to them being either alone or with one single other person. That's not a realistic scenario by any means.

Not every title is meant to be easy to obtain, some may required specific situations (like less players doing the event) to be obtainable. We don't plan to reduce this titles requirements currently.

Greetings

So let me get that straight, you implement new cards that incentivize the whole server in partaking, yet simultaneously introduce a new title that can only be obtained when a maximum of 2 players are present.

I fail to see the logic behind that.

There is absolutely no harm in titles that are hard to obtain (for example Autumn Banquet's egg collector title that was very hard to obtain before you significantly increased the spawnrate), but titles that depend on a maximum of 2 (!) players participating and are timegated just feel wrong and encourage antisocial behaviour and divide among the playerbase.

Regarding Snowball Warrior title.
    The title is currently almost impossible to obtain. Even with only 4 players participating and spamming cannons on cooldown I couldn't get near 400 points. That was at 5am btw, every other timeslot is massively overcrowded.
    Please review the amount of points needed for the title.

PS: Yes, I know some players were able to obtain it, but that was due to them being either alone or with one single other person. That's not a realistic scenario by any means.

- use movementspeed ostrich

I think getting a normal title shouldn't require an itemshop item

I guess you could try going to the Provisioning Courrier NPC, get the ostrich buff for 1 Portal Rune and then go gather eggs. But yeah, you got a point, I don't think you can reach 60 eggs without ostrich buff.

Edit:

Got the title after turning 60+ eggs in for the 10th time. Should be changed to a guaranteed title imho, since it's pretty hard to get 60 eggs in the first place

60 eggs are possible, my record so far are 64.

However, and this is the case with many titles from the current event, even if you reach 60 eggs you only have a CHANCE to get the title. That should be changed imho.

Some "tricks":

- play R/Wl

- use movementspeed ostrich

- get yourself an inferno set (15% movementspeed)

- use click to move

- click extraskill 1 whenever you're gathering an egg (you can do both at the same time)

- instantly press extraskill 2 if you get the eye debuff

As Madman already wrote, Ch/P lacks a lot of singletarget, which is why it's not really a viable dps right now.

In addition to removing the gcd from Holy Attack I suggest increasing Way of Frenzy dmg increment from 10 to 15% and adding "Chain Drive resets the cd of Divine Vengeance" to Runecraft - Devotion (lvl 15 elite).

Regarding 1h hammer vs 2h hammer situation.

Currently 1h hammer + Raw Dragon Scale outperforms 2h hammer in every scenario.

The following tests were conducted with two t15 weapons (thanks to Madman).

No relationship buffs, which would push the outcome even more in favor of 1h.

Ch/S

Blood Arrow, dmgfood, Pet, double titlesystem (9% dmg, -attackspeed)

1h: 7.801.045 RP

2h: 7.771.481 Rune Pulse

fullbuffed

1h: 43.229.924 RP

2h: 41.203.677 RP

Keep in mind, all Ch/S ranged skills profit from the 13,44% more damage from talisman, which makes 1h + tali vastly better than 2h.

Ch/M

Power from Within, dmgfood, Pet, double titlesystem(hammer dmg)

1h: 11.029.404 RP

2h: 11.038.737 RP

1h would actually be better than 2h, even in offburst, since I didn't have a %dmg relationship buff.

fullbuffed WITHOUT Elemental Rampage (which increases 1h dmg only)

1h: 93.769.672 RP

2h: 85.751.898 RP

As you can see, quite the difference in burst, even without rampage, since Ch/M has many % damage buffs.

Ch/Wl

Selfbuffs + dmgfood, 7 forgestacks double system(hammer dmg)

1h: 16.214.036 RP

2h: 16.081.244 RP

fullbuffed

1h: 107.518.575

2h: 101.721.561

Haven't tested /Druid and /Priest explicitly, but judging from their buffs we can safely assume 1h outperforms 2h as well.

Since the aforementioned classes won't reach the attackspeed cap either way, there is no drawback to using a 1hander. Quite on the contrary, you get more frequent Shock Overload procs, faster forge stacks, more Chain Drive procs and more patk (offhand).

I don't play R/Ch myself, but I have been told that 1hammer + wb dagger outperforms 2h as well.

The superiority of 1h stems mainly from the much better scaling of faster weapons (that have lower pdmg) with damage nonstats from gear, cenedril buff & robot and their interaction with % damage buffs. The new wb talisman made it even worse.

I'm afraid it is no exaggeration to say that 2h hammers have become useless. To my knowledge, there is no other weapon that isn't best in slot for at least one single class combination. Even 2h axes have their use on Druid/Warrior.

Please make 2h hammer a viable weapon again. Two possible changes that came to my mind:

a) a significantly better %2h hammer damage title for the challenge slot

b) increase Finishing hammer's 2h hammer damage increment

tl;dr: 1h + talisman outperfoms 2h hammer in every way on all Champions, make 2h hammer viable again

Regarding Champion/Scout.

Please remove the gcd of Wrist Attack. Using a gcd on a supporting skill feels pretty bad as a dps.

Moreover, I suggest changing Focused conversion to cost 50 Rage and restore 100 Focus instead of vice versa. Currently I don't use the skill at all, since the class has an overabundance of Rage due to Pulsing Shot's restoration and still struggles with Focus, especially in fast groups where you are basically never standing still.

I really hope some kind of buff for Champion/Mage finds its way into the next balancing patch. It is currently the worst Champion dps by far and a weak class in general.

Although I'd personally prefer Ch/M as a 2h class, I think the best solution would be to change Elemental Rampage to a 15min buff.

There are more than enough goldsinks already in the game, apart from guild buffs.

For example, to roll the rest of my cards, I am roughly going to need 1kkk gold for the stones alone. There is barely enough gold on ah to do that and keep in mind, I'm just one person, who has already done some zones.

Imho this shows that the current gold economy is not sustainable and is bound to collapse.

Currently, farming gold is the most tedious activity I can think of and it saddens me greatly how much fun it takes away from the game (at least for me and my guildmates).

I'm all for providing new players with oppurtunity to earn diamonds. However, gold will still be needed in large quantities, mainly for tierstones and the aforementioned card system. Hence the demand will still be there. Moreover, taking a look at who is offering gold for sale atm, about 80% of the overall volume is coming from players that are most certainly no newbies.

First off all, cool instance. I really like the makeover and the new events Necro got and that's coming from somebody that doesn't enjoy nostalgia instances that much. In particular, I liked the inclusion of a new last boss, neat surprise!

Regarding b4 (headless one).

Good changes so far, however the boss still has a major issue. Champions, that rely heavily on their whitehits, don't get any Rage or Rune Pulse procs, which makes them straight up unplayable, forcing you to change class. If possible in any shape or form, please change that.

Regarding K/Wd.

The class underperforms right now, compared to other dps classes. Since a new dps focused shield was introduced with Zhargos hm, that is currently not useful at all, is suggest the following: Change Knight at Arms (lvl 30 elite) to allow equipping a 2h weapon + a shield.

Regarding Warrior/Champion and Warrior/Druid.

Since both class combinations use Slash as a non-gcd spammable and the interval for Slash Bleed is 2 seconds, the bleed almost never deals damage. This is quite the disadvantage compared to other Warriors.

I suggest modifying Blood Rune Weapon and Earthly Strike respectively to reduce the bleed interval to 1 second and halve the bleed damage of Slash.

Regarding Warrior/Priest.

Doesn't perform too bad as a support dps, however, getting off Opportunity in DC trash is nigh impossible.

I suggest removing the Weakened requirement.

Quite the interesting idea. I'm not sure if I'd like that change over a more generic damage boost, however I'm not opposed to see that suggestion of yours implemented either. Certainly sounds fun and engaging, since you have to exploit a very short time window to its full extent.

Another idea that came to my mind, Shock Overload could be changed the way S/M's Incineration works (keeping the original range ofc). You would still need to auto attack for procs/stacks/Rage, especially on Ch/Wl, but it would improve the performance of all Champion classes in trash (except for Ch/Wd, which doesn't need a buff anyway).

Currently, with 4 dps+ in DC, I'm almost breaking my fingers in the desperate attempt to find a target that's not instantly deleted from existance, to get a Shock Overload proc off and ideally still hit something that hasn't expired yet.