Posts by Serenadae

Hello and welcome to Arcadia !

Generally, thanks to class-balancing, there are only a few combinations left that I would consider crappy. I'd recommend Mage/Priest. Very strong class, that provides both good singletarget and very good AoE damage. Althought there are other skills that are worth using (Fireball & Rising Tide don't trigger gcd for example), you're essentially going to spam Tidal Burst for singletarget and Aquatic Storm for AoE.

Moreover, a ranged playstyle avoids most of the nasty AoE's that many mobs in custom instances throw at you.

Ofc there are many other combinations that are worth trying and each have their individual strengths and weaknesses - Pick your poison :D

Good luck and have fun !

Good idea, hope it helps new players :)

"Lost your interface configurations in a crash ? No problem, the game frequently creates backups for you in your documents folder !"

"Wether you're a new player or a veteran, remember your daily free spin of the Wheel of Fortune !"

Since Champion is a class that is at least partially supposed to be a tank, I suggest increasing its maximum physical defense level (the one among the weapon skills) to 242.

Currently Champion is the only class dedicated to tanking that has such a low cap (for comparison, Champion & Mage 182, Knight 272, Warrior 242, Warden 242).

This should be a useful change, especially when taking into account that Champion/Knight is going to be a tank as well (at least according to charplan).

I did compare t13, hence 2,9 - my bad. Doesn't change my results though, especially since I did largely exxagerate the amount of patk you get out of the 2x Aoth variation.

Yes I agree, my explanation was overly simplified, hence said exxageration to keep the proportions.

Regarding dmg-food vs Stew, there is a certain interaction between several sources of percentual damage increments, but I won't go down that rabbit hole:D

You miss the 2,9% more critical damage that the ultimate dex ring provides.

Taking into account my current critical multiplier, this translates to one third, so roughly 1% more damage on all critical hits. My critrate in rofl differs between 65 - 76% (ch/wl), but for this calculation I'll take a supposed critrate of 50%. Hence 1% more critical damage dealt (don't confuse this with raw critical damage) would be a total of 0.5% more damage.

You get 957 additional patk from the 2 piece Aoth setup (I'm going to use the numbers provided by you, forgive me my lazyness :D). Let's assume you can buff it up by 5 times (inaccurate yes, but the actual multiplier is less anyway). So you would have an additional round about 5k patk. My patk with damage food is 1,55kk, so this additional patk would be a damage increment of 0,32%. If I'd take Hot Stew the number would be even smaller (2,1kk patk - 6,5k (5k + 30%) -> 0,3%).

Furthermore, I have only taken trashbuffed values of a player vs a boss without any debuffs into account. Once you reach or surpass enemy defense, the rules of decreasing growth apply and 1% more patk ceases to be 1% more damage dealt, further shifting the advantage towards the 2x dex setup.

So in conclusion, you get slightly more overall damage out of it plus 430 crit. The only exception is ch/m because of the additional 100% crit damage that devalues the 2,9%.

Offtopic:

Bosses actually do have more crit resistance than you might think. Each bosslevel adds a certain amount of critical resistance to the base value. Atleast in my opinion, crit is always more valuable than a comparable amount of patk. Yeah I know, thats a topic for debate and I understand that some may prefer having hard stats instead of a higher random modifier :D.

While I generally do like the idea of a 5 piece accessory set bonus, please refrain from implementing it. Atm taking the second ring and earring from the golden dexterity set outperforms 2x aoth for chain gear and some people (including myself) have already finished those items.

If you consider this change, please give said players the chance to change them accordingly via support. Yes, we were told to reconsider decisions regarding our gear during class balancing, but I think it's fair to say that this statement doesn't apply to changes regarding items.

have a suggestion. Reconsider the positive effect of the relationship (husband-wife) just want the two to benefit from the buff. It can be done so that one buff gives a magical attack and another a physical. I hope I wrote it clearly, since I don't know English)

I wholeheartedly support this suggestion. There are far more dps than healers or tanks (that benefit from the defensive marriage buff) which creates a situation where not everyone gets the buff he or she wants.

I would suggest though that both partners gain the defensive and offensive buff. Would be easier to implement and wouldn't have much of an impact in terms of power creep anyway.

Really? Then i would suggest a 30-40% dmg nerf for scouts snipe. reduce the cd to 1 sec and the snipe will be fine

Dont know what you mean. I hope a missunderstanding because you have written your thoughts in a wrong way, because you are not a native english speaker :D (if no missunderstanding, first sentence please :D )

What didn't you understand?Skills that have a global cooldown, for example, a charged strike(Beast Awakening), began to work slower. Previously, there were 30 hits in 30 seconds, but now there are 23 and so every skill that has a global cooldown.

Can confirm, please revert this change. It is a major nerf to all classes that use non-gcd skills.

Fantastic ! Super hyped to read this !

Questing works just fine, since you get more exp here like you normally would. Just do some quests in a high level zone and you'll be 104 in no time.

Hello and welcome to Arcadia !

I copied the following from one of my previous posts:

Regarding new players, CoA does offer many goodies, that allow you to catch up quickly with the rest of the server.

First off, The Lost Isle of Atlantis is basically the "new Varanas" here, meaning that it contains all the important npcs.

Atlas City:

- Hillary, to the left of the housekeeper: Exchanges Ancient Mementos for badges, allowing you to advance your siege titles very quickly

- Agnes, 38/49: Exchanges diamonds for gold. As you might have noticed, the auction house currency here is diamonds. Hence the need for such an npc.

-Jimmy Crane/Edward Wilson, 39/44: Arcadia Coins/Proof of Myth merchants. The coins are obtained in the custom instances of CoA, replacing mementos.

-Edwards, 38/56: More npc's that interact with coins

Itnal Camp:

- Training dummies/Baltons, 27/73: Allows you to level up your weapon skills, note that the Baltons have the highest level, you should use them

- Evangeline/Sophia: the daylie reward npc's. Evangeline gives you a great golden hammer (the one that hd's all your gear, making ld gear no problem to wear) and 2 transport runes. Sophia gives you 30 golden eggs, very nice to level up a pet/buy the necessary potions.

Moreover, you have one free spin of the Wheel of Fortune per day & character. Use them.

That being said, CoA offers a pretty neat lvl 80 starting armor once per character, that can be obtained in the starting zone of your respective race. Using this, you can start farming mementos and coins. Groups can ofc be found using the world chat, it's quite alive, trust me.

Mementos can be easily farmed in grotto of horror hardmode and for coins/your first arcadia stat (the purple ones you might have seen on ah) I recommend Secret Temple of Tikal.

Most of the custom instances require a pre quest though, so I'd suggest starting with that. It begins in front of the Temple of Mysteries in Dragonfang Ridge.

Regarding your choice of class, Warden/Druid is indeed a good soloing class ! It even got reworked/buffed on this server, granting you access to new skills/elite skills. Just make sure to play it with magical gear and you're good to go.

Hope this helps.

I really like your ideas, except one thing. Please don't add any additional group support buffs/debuffs to trivialize endgame content even further.

Instead, Soul Poisoned Fang could increase the elemental/dark damage inflicted to the target by the caster.

The issue seems to have been fixed.

Participating in the festivities surrounding Arcadia's 6th birthday !

Wether through ascending lofty heights...

or at least attempting...

discovering ancient treasures in forgotten groves and reveling in lush bounty...

waiting for a storm of the special kind to arrive...

talking to frogs...

or...

resorting to a more ... final form of interaction...

gathering our well earned rewards.

Happy birthday Arcadia !

Character: Serenadae

Hi, I hope this is the right section for this :D

I just wanted to thank the DEVs for the amazing jump puzzle in Celebria.

I'm usually not into those, but this one was a lot of fun to try and finally conquer.

Good job !

Some thoughts on Champion and Warrior.

Ch/M

-High Energy Barrier: Seperate the shield and the damage increment portion of the skill, like you did with Wd/R's Heart of the Oak

Ch/Wl

- Change Soul Forge Mystery buff to provide 5 stacks of dark dmg Rune Pulse instead of a 10 sec buff

Ch/W

- Remove Rage cost of Slash and add x2 aggro multiplier

- Remove rage cost of Arc Strike, add x3 aggro multiplier and let it restore full rage (when target is under the effect of Electrocution)

This would solve all the rage issues the class has atm.

Ch/P

This is the only one of the Champion combinations, that is completly useless atm. Its support is outclassed by Ch/M and its dmg is so low, that my group urged me to change to something else. I think that should not be the case, all classes should be somewhat useful.

I don't know what approach you are planning to take with this class, but maybe adding light damage would help. Here are some changes I'd suggest regardless of your plans:

- Change Reviving Blast to a toggle buff, that reduces healing taken by 20% and increases attackspeed by 20%. Remove the 20% buff from Explosion of Righteousness. Having to maintain this buff was the most unpleasant thing i noticed while playing the combination in terms of playstyle. Moreover, Ch/P is the only champ that has no toggle buff, so it would make perfect sense.

- Add some kind of mana based spammable, or change one of the existing elite skills accordingly

Warrior/Druid

First off, well done. The class has become somewhat viable. The damage is not too bad, but gaining access to Slash Expert via the 4 skill combo takes to long(literally impossible in trash, everything dies too fast). Moreover, weaving Slashes between your skills can only be sustained under the influence of dwarven ale. My suggestions:

- Remove Earthly Strike's Unbalanced requirement

- Consider changing the cost of Slash to mana, or at least reducing the rage cost to 10, while Slash Expert is active

Warrior/Champion

While the class obviously had to be nerfed, you took it too far in my opinion. Burst damage is still nice, but offburst damage is way to low. Atm it's just a worse W/Wd, that drains itself constantly. In fact, you can't even particpate in b3 event with the class atm because of this.

- Change Unbridled Rage to a 15min buff again. Reduce the damage increment from 16% to 10%

- Reduce the life cost of the skills: Slash to 1%, Bloody Slash to 2%, Stifling Attack to 2% & Vendetta Blow to 3%

The rest of the Warriors have individual strengths and weaknesses, which makes them viable in different situations. Well done !

Scout/Mage

Seriously, like I said before in this thread. Change "Wind’s Whistle" back to 100% damage or maybe 50%.

Think a player with gear t13/14 and bow t18 shouldn't comment because u have mega patt + dmg from your gear and then maybe this class is op but player with gear t10/11 bow 14/16 it will not feel this strong dmg. I didn't play yet this class but a change 300% to 50% it's absurd think ;) Then u will have only aoe dmg for trash.

Very questionable approach of yours. This is a feedback thread and everyone has the right to give said feeback, wether it is agreed upon by others, or not.

Feel free to present your perspective and ideas (and to disagree), but don't try to discredit the feedback of others. You didn't even test yourself, so the same could be said about you.

In my humble opinion Lutine did give an accurate display of how the different Scout combinations stand among each other. Regarding Scout/Mage, I don't see why the best aoe class in the game atm should deal high single target damage as well. Maybe 50% is too low for Wind's Whistle, but the current value has to be reduced.

Hey and welcome back !

Seems like Cruvor was faster:D

I you haven't already, read my response to the OP, hope it helps reintroducing you. If you have any questions left, you can whisper me too.