Warrior Class [Feedback]

My personal anecdote:

Reading the initial patch notes I was very excited. Bought 2h Sword, tested Warrior/Warlock alot in Itnal, kept rolling for good stat in weapon but needed 1-2 more days to try it myself in Orkham. I even sold my Katana since if I have a 2h Sword, I can Play Warrior/Scout with that and use Spear for Bleed if needed.

Now I read, that the skill has been disabled. Awesome, Crystals wasted, Katana sold and I cannot even try this class once myself to confirm your experience.

It's not like I tried it with Katana or another weapon, I had to make a new 2h sword too, roll until I got max roll stat then use tiers and get new runes to test it.
    I tested in many runs yesterday with different raid setups vs Burst classes (champ, w/s,...) vs Dot classes (w/b, r/d ,r/w), with and without Dot rune and robot. The outcome was the same (R/D being op too could compete with my dots but that was it). I was also competing with players with full Orkham accessories and lower sets while I have none.

However, I do agree that removing 2h sword requirement + removing aoe dot will kill this class along with the investment some players made to play around with it.

My suggestion for w/wl is the following:
    Keep "Spirit Wound" dot removed from Spirit Blade Storm. Make Spirit Cracking blow (498780) require 2h Sword and allow it to spread the dot to monsters that are getting hit by your Spirit Blade Storm. This would mean you can only apply your dot every 6s (on skill use) and you have to time both skills together if you want the aoe dot. The flat amount of the dot can remain the same.

Warrior

• Changed Slash bleeding to downscale with physical damage reduction.

I haven't had a chance to test this change, but I would assume a new formula was put in place...
    I feel like we are over-engineering Slash Bleed at this point. It goes from being too op to very useless. Maybe change it to a flat amount like other dots and give spear another purpose.

• Idk what happen in youre runs but for me it feels like that other players as dps don't perform as good as they can. Remember this warden/bard scruti from you're guild. I don't remember from who or when exactly it was but It wasn't never over perform and definitely not stronger than warrior Mage or leather metas. But I saw here some topscruit screenshots pls compare with equal gear and knowledge players

Otherwise things get nerfed who don't need it

• Official Post

Warrior

• Changed Slash bleeding to downscale with physical damage reduction.

I haven't had a chance to test this change, but I would assume a new formula was put in place...
    I feel like we are over-engineering Slash Bleed at this point. It goes from being too op to very useless. Maybe change it to a flat amount like other dots and give spear another purpose.

Change is about preventing inflicting damage when boss isn't supposed to take damage, such as Zerdeon.

Greetings

• Reduced Blood Arrow damage gain to 73.2% from 94%(-10.5%)
    stand in the patchnotes but its 20% ingame

100% dmg increased by 94% blood arrow (before) -> 194% dmg

100% dmg increased by 73.2% now -> 173.2%

194% -> 173.2% = ~10.5% less dmg.

P.S. (for easy understanding I didn't calculated double dipping from non stats)

• Yea and the PS part is the big issue. You actually lost almost 30% dmg because of how it works.

EDIT. Prob more like 15-16% dmgloss

• you did the same mistake taking only the numbers and not calculating

• Yea and the PS part is the big issue. You actually lost almost 30% dmg because of how it works.

you did the same mistake taking only the numbers and not calculating

Just consider each 1% pdmg as 1.65% more final dmg then you will have bigger values to divide by and come to around 15%.

EDIT:

For Clarity (just failed boss so have time)

94% Pdmg -> ~155% dmg

74% pdmg -> ~120% dmg

so 255%/220%=~15-16%

• 65% is a bit much. anyway. I dont think that this nerf killed a class

• 65% is quite accurate for this class. I gained well above 40% actual dmg from Berserk or using dmgfood for example I gained around 34% actual dmg. This is without new sets. Rogue/Warlock for example (a class with little pdmgbuffs) gains maybe 23%-24%?

Just trying to confirm players feeling that the nerf is indeed bigger than just 10.5%.

Is Warrior/Scout still viable? Sure. But the other updates hit it hard, as well.

Regarding Waiting Game 12% Patk loss and 5% pdmg gain. Probably similiar outcome for regular hits, but big nerf to Slash Bleed damage.

Vampire Arrow being ranged DoT? Decent nerf (good for Scouts though). Make it scale with Patk? Big nerf.

Overall I like the changes because imo W/S was too strong anyway but maybe it would have made more sense to ease into the many changes it got.

• aka is getting ~52% dmg with new set. that's why 65% is a bit much ^^

I have a different experience with Warrior/Scout :)

Regardless, I think we can agree, that -10.5% is slightly misleading and the actual dmglossvalue is closer to 15%.

• Hello, I have a suggestion about the Warrior/Rogue. therefore he is very good in the single target but unfortunately totally stinks in the AOE, he is missing something there. I therefore recommend the skill: furious attack( ID: 492962) to trigger on the AOE ́s :) . Sincerely, King Rat - Akatzuki^^

• Hello, I have a suggestion about the Warrior/Rogue. therefore he is very good in the single target but unfortunately totally stinks in the AOE, he is missing something there. I therefore recommend the skill: furious attack( ID: 492962) to trigger on the AOE ́s . Sincerely, King Rat

Hello, I have a suggestion about the Warrior/Rogue. therefore he is very good in the single target but unfortunately totally stinks in the AOE, he is missing something there. I therefore recommend the skill: furious attack( ID: 492962) to trigger on the AOE ́s :) . Sincerely, King Rat

I would say the warrior/priest needs something similar, the single dmg is very good but in the aoe it lags very behind.

I would suggest that the damage from Barbarian Battle Cry (ID: 493249) also triggers with Aoe's but with a limit of 8 targets. Greetings 😊

gogo Power Rangers!

Edited once, last by Blaxx ().

• Warrior/Warlock

• Changed Spirit Blade Storm to inflict a Soul Crack (new) dot if you wield a 2-H Sword.

I do considerably higher dmg with Spear and AoE Bleed on this class compared to Soul Crack with 2h Sword. Please consider raising Soul Crack DoT by a fair amount, to encourage players to actually use 2h Sword. Maybe other Warriors can open up about their experience, too.

• hello,

I want to say something about all this warrior fuss. I'm very nerfed by the fact that the warrior with the katana is completely useless. On all warrior combos, other weapons are better than the katana. In addition, the DMG overall is also very weak compared to other classes. I mean, I'm standing there fullbuffed in on the boss or in trash and my bleeding makes 5kk hits? While other classes make 20 million hits there.

I think that's just unfair and takes the fun out of the game. On top of that, the people who built a katana to Orkham now sit on it and can't really play actively with it. I can only speak for myself, but sitting on a T17 Katana rum with over 700 rolls to max roll is just very stressful and just robs the fun. I'm kind to all of you and can't suggest any specific changes, but maybe you can come up with something.

greetings Aka

• But I have something the class was fine in gameplay and fun like it was before the patches single bleed on one target I suggest to rework it completely or reroll it to old warrior bleed gameplay if you think bleed was way to strong. Just adjust the multiplier

• Hey,

regarding Wr/Rouge I wanna do an suggestion about.
    Currently its almost unnecessary to use any kind of AoE - dmg skills, beside cyklon to mass stun mobs.

I would like to suggest to change skillid: 1490425 to inflect offhand weapon DPS instead of main hand weapon dps.
    There is already a skill which change this skill to be able to use with 1hand weapon only (ID: 499483), there it could be easy to add that it would inflict offhand instead of mainhand dmg.
    This would be a slightly buff for the AoE for the Wr/Rouge.

~ Greetings

• Ive been hoping for a good chainbuff with the patch .2008 but im dissappointed. Lets take a look at Warrior without any secondary class.

We have Tactical Attack (491142) and Moon Cleave (490121) which requires a 2-H Weapon.

We have Thunder (491139) which requires a 1-H Weapon.

We have Morale Slash (1491760) which requires either a 2-H Sword or a Katana.

We have Long Reach (1492407) which requires a Spear.

If i choose to pick a 2-H Weapon, my best option would be a Sword or Katana, (based on your secondary class, since they also have different weapon requirements aswell!!!!) so i could use Tactical Attack (not really usefull, only for partys full of warriors), Moon Cleave (2x 354% dmg, 10sec CD) and Morale Slash (480% dmg, 5sec CD). This would mean i would deal --> some <-- damage in trash, but not even closely good with other classes because of its cooldown.

If i choose to pick a 1-H Weapon, i would pass on my aoe skills, and only have an extra spell thunder, which has 15 seconds cooldown for not even 1000% damage. It stuns THE target for 10 seconds, but thats not really usefull considering bosses are immune to stuns.

If i pick a Spear i will deal good extra bleed damage, but would lose my Morale Slash and my Thunder.

If i choose a class combo like warrior/scout, i wish to still be able to use all my Warrior general spells.

• Hey,

regarding Wr/R latest changes.

* Reduced Frenzied Attack damage to 630% from 900%.

Why do you think this is neccessary is there any explanation for? In my eyes this class wasnt over performing. I could compete with Rouges which are in both scenarios strong (Singletarget/Multitarget-Burst / - Sustain).
    Right now, i need to be lucky that rouge isnt crit that much, so i can compete.

* Changed Attack Launch to reduce Moon Cleave cooldown to 5 seconds instead of 7.
    Regarding this change, i dont know what you wanted to force. 2 sec less CD wont change that this skill is not doing any dmg since your main hand dmg (atleast for me) is more then 500k less then your offhand dmg. I already did a suggestion about how to change this skill to be a little usefull.
    For me this change didnt changed any. Single target in any scenario gives you way more dmg output then using any kind of Aoe skill.

So in my point of view, bring back the 900% dmg multiplier and change mooncleave to use offhand dmg instead of mainhand.

~ Greetings

• From a tanks pov, i also see chainclasses struggel, especially Warrior. It doesnt have much utility/support that would make up for the lacking damage (i like cyclone as example), and is just getting nerfed over and over again. Of course, the group plays a big role on the class damage numbers from everyone, but if we talk about >fast endcontent runs<, its hard for me to believe that chainclasses need nerfs.