Knight Class [Feedback]

• @lutine I always play warden champ in necro and it's fine

Knight rouge has good aggro overall or they changed something in aoe aggro ?

warden/champ interrupts a lot yes. but at the double boss, melees have a hard life (or better death xD) without threaten. I prefer to help the group. just my style ^^

knight/rouge in general has good aggro, but the elite (dont know the name atm... the Dance of two Blades) has only a range of 50! This is not a real aggro AOE in my mind ^^ bcs nobody waits until the pulled mobs are in range of 50 to the tank

• yes knight/mage has good aggro but it has some problems. It has very low defense. Maybe they should add it some extra defense or taken damage reduction. I dont know how much defense you have with knigt/mage. But in my opinion some skills must be changed. It has very good aggro on single target because its auto attacks generate good aggro.

But i think they should increase range of this skill . So, we can do better big pulls in dark core. Especially if ranged dps players pull mobs before tank

• I'm sorry to say. But when DPS pulls, its mostly DPS fault. So in my opinion he/she/it, deserve to die.
    Tank should not get buffed just becouse DPS are not able to play properly..

~ just my opinion
    Greetings

Côsmô

Yes, but in my opinion knight/mage still needs more defense or extra damage reduction. And like i said before this skill needs more range for better big pulls. Or maybe that skill should hit twice in every second when we use . Just my opinion. I want to see this class to have better AoE for better big pulls.

• ı think my english is not enough to explain what ı want.

ı will write 2 examples

when knight-scout open bloody arrows he can increase party damage, patt or matt

knight-warrior when open bersek rising party damage

ı want tank challenging gameplay styles and styles that will make me focus more on the game.

ı don't care about your damn agro or defense

• @lutine I always play warden champ in necro and it's fine

Knight rouge has good aggro overall or they changed something in aoe aggro ?

Hi,

test knight/rogue again and the class is like I remembered. inssaaaannnneee low aggro. even the nerfed knight/mage do double aggro. knight/warrior do minimum double aggro of knight/rogue.

tested with t14 and t12 DC weapons. (offhand isn't usefull for aggro anyway atm)

I still suggest to increase the aggro multiplier of "God's Sword" from 1.1 to anything usefull, bcs "Dance of the Two Blades" has really low range of 50. Furthermore the aggro multiplier of "Dance of the Two Blades" seems also very low. I of these two skills should be change imho.

Greetings

• About knight/mage

please make Holy Light Domain give us extra defense or damage reduction. It is a beatiful class but we have low defense and low hp compared to other knight classes

Ja powiem tak, ilu tanków tyle opini..., z własnych obserwacji: klasy grające jako tank - oczywiście eq tankowe - maja wystarczająca ilość obrony (w moim odczuciu nie ma to az takiego wielkiego znaczenia czy mam 3,5kk def, czy też 7kk), ważniejsze sa wszelakie redeukcje itd, gram różnymi połączeniami i czesto połączenia mające więcej obrony dostają większe obrażenia. jeśli chodzi o aggro to znowu ja mam go zawsze za mało:D ale to się chyba nazywa brak ogaru:D

I'll put it this way, as many opinions as there are tanks..., from my own observations: classes playing as a tank - tank eq of course - have enough defense (in my opinion it doesn't matter that much whether I have 3.5kk def or 7kk), all kinds of redections are more important, etc., I play with different connections and often connections with more defense get more damage. when it comes to aggro, I always don't have enough of it:D but I guess that's called a lack of mastery of the character:D

• when it comes to aggro, I always don't have enough of it:D but I guess that's called a lack of mastery of the character:D

Not really. Some classes really have an aggro problem in generating it or they dont have enough aoe skills. For example 1 aoe with aggro every 6 seconds is not enough and feels clunky to play

• when it comes to aggro, I always don't have enough of it:D but I guess that's called a lack of mastery of the character:D

Not really. Some classes really have an aggro problem in generating it or they dont have enough aoe skills. For example 1 aoe with aggro every 6 seconds is not enough and feels clunky to play

Yes thats true, for an example knight/priest is bad because it has only 1 good AoE aggro skill and it has 6 seconds of cooldown. It is really difficult to do big pulls with it. Tsunami doesnt generate enough aggro to hold mobs on tank.
    And i dont like warden tank also. Last time i played warden tank in dark core, i had some problems with AoE.
    I think this skills generates low aggro.

• Knight/druid has good AoE aggro but i think it is bad on single target. I mean unlike knight/warrior and knight/mage,

i cant take aggro with . I need to use or even if there is only 1 mob. But maybe it is because i have tier 11 weapon. I am not so sure

• Knight/Rogue. I've always guessed he can't use a dagger, but... after the recent updates, where new items have been added, mainly WB hard, and the previous changes on the class in general, maybe this combination could be verified in terms of using the dagger in the other hand. I think it could help a little bit with this class combination

• Hi,

can a dev/gm clarify what the "Shield Defense" of the title "Ruler of the Skies" (ID 532137) actually does? Oo

It is not increase defense nor dmg reduction. After all my tests, it is doing exactly nothing

Greetings

• Hello,

I thought a bit about the upcoming orkham sets and had the idea, that the tank accessories could have instead of 18% stamina 2 stats -> 10% stamina + 8% all attributes or 12% stamina + 6% all attributes.

Because some tank classes have skills that scale with a non primary attribute, like knight/druid as best example (main tank combo nowadays). Such mini changes with all attributes will scale those skills and slightly increase the aggro of all tank classes.

Furthermore it could lead to changes, that some tanks will use more strength attributes for more aggro, if the tank sets will have more "all attributes" bonus.

Greetings

• I think this skill not work correct -[Shield of Darkness] in Knight/Warlock. Why this skill lost parry? Its correct? If yes, then add please to description on skill. If not correct - fix please.

• Hello,

I want to share some thoughts I have about the tank class (not only knight, also warden and champion).

From what I heared, the most reasons people don't like tanking are

• struggling holding the aggro
    • struggling to survive

While the second point can be achieved by choosing an other tank combination, there are also people who like specific class combination and then struggling in surviving. The tips players give to them is "boost your gear", which is not as easy as you think, if you can only achieve t10-t11 gear.

And on the other side there are people with for example t14 shields, which will boost the dmg mitigation in general, regardless of your defense.

What else can we do to improve the survivability of tanks? I always wondered, why for example the plate DC set has only 5% stamina bonus, while other dps classes have 12% (leather with 18% for reasons). I know and understand, that healers only have 8% on it, do not let the attack and wisdom buffs reach the moon.

Increasing the stamina bonus of the DC set (and future sets) to the value like the dps sets would boost the survivability. Now I know, that we have tanks like Knight/Druid, Knight/Priest and Champ/Priest, which can also buff "healer buffs", in that case the tank classes should have a decrement of for example 20% to their given healer buffs, so that they can't reach pure healer values. Also tanks are not supposed to give a high attack or wisdom buff in my mind.

While the above changes result in only pure defensive aspects like defense and maximum HP, it will not help all people in most situations. Therefor I could imagine, that "Parry" a hit can be changed, to also reduce incoming damage of "Skills" and not only "White Hits" of the mobs. Imagine a tank get a "Deadly Claw" hit in DC with about 700k-1kk while normal attacks only do 150k parried. This claw with a change of parry will also do only 350k-500k.

In any of these changes, the survivability of tanks could be increased. But what about the aggro?

Well, one aspect I meantioned here (click me), could let the tanks vary in their choices to stat more on attack (strength stats) or more on survivability (stamina stats). In that case, the players can stat what their needs fit. More precision with dex because they miss a lot, more attack with strength because they lack a lot of aggro or more defense/HP with stamina.

But... with all those thoughts, will this help? Maybe the second and third changes yes, maybe. But why was it even able to tank DC without a weapon as champ/priest and is still possible with just a white hammer (with champ/warrior too)?

The answer is attribute bonus damage on skills. Nearly all dps classes have attribute bonus on skills.

The most popular knight tank, Knight/Druid, also has a attribute bonus on 1 AoE he have. Scaling with wisdom. And yes, improving your wisdom from for example 20k to 40k will result in a huge damage/aggro increase. That is why I suggested the change on plate sets to have "all attribute" bonus.

While the mentioned champion classes can spam their attribute bonus AoE, the knight have a CD on it (which is fine to have a CD). But now we can also imagine, that other Knight classes could have their elite AoE skills changed, that they will get an attribute bonus too on it. Knight/Mage on int for example, knight/rogue and knight/scout on dex and knight/warrior on strength.

Such a change with the combination of the here mentioned suggestion (click me), will result in a unqiue way, every tank can choose their stats to get more aggro for their favorite class.

But what do you think about it? Will this resolve all the tank problems we have?

I for myself would be happy about any of such changes for the tank community.

P.S. it's nothing that I really want, but what I was thinking about tanks struggling in their job. With high crazy gear, like all new stats, new items, minimum t12 items and so on, you have all the above abilities (survivability and aggro), but that is not the case for all tanks and I guess be able to hold the aggro shouldn't be an option for only the top 1% tanks on the server.

Greetings

Edit: Also the possibility in future contents, to pull as many as you survive (without mobs resetting) would be nice. I guess for all dps players it's the most fun to slash as many mobs as possible at the same time, while for me as a tank is the most funny part to pull and survive as many mobs as possible. For lowered geared tanks it is still an option to only pull 5-15 mobs, but having the possibility to pull as many as you survive, it would be fun to pull let's say 50-100 mobs at the same time in future contents xD (in Forsaken Abbey for example the mobs also don't resetting and you could pull the whole instance until b1 I think?)

• Greetings

Edit: Also the possibility in future contents, to pull as many as you survive (without mobs resetting) would be nice.

Good idea, i hate when mobs reset their aggro and become immune in dark core. Sometimes pets pull mobs in dark core and they attack our team. I cant take aggro because they become immune. They should change this stuff in dark core.
    And i must aggre with other things you said.

And they should also increase aggro multiplier of some skills in warden tanks such as Frantic Briar and Power of the Wood Spirit.