Friezes, lags, fps drawdowns

• Hello! There are performance issues in the game. In ROFL, at the beginning of a battle with a pack of mobs, fps drops to 15-20 frames with creepy friezes and lags, during boss fights when pronouncing various tactical phrases and so on. It's the same in any other instas. In places where players from 10 people gather, the same thing happens. Of the addons, only Arcadia utilite, addon manager, Lotit, InviteLastGroop, Transmutor, Scrutinizer are installed. When viewing the performance graph, only 1-1.5 processor cores are running with a total load of 15-20%.

Hardware: Processor - Intel Xeon e5 2640 12cores 2.5GHz, boost 3.0

RAM - DDR3 8x2 1333MHz

Drive - M2 NVME 256gb

GPU - AMD Radeon RX570 4gb

Power supply - 650w

Operating System - Windows 10 Home x64

There are no problems with the components, in all other projects, such as Cyberpunk 2077, Elden Ring, the whole process goes without problems, stably without friezes and drawdowns. I really like the project, but I can't play comfortably. Is there an opportunity to do something about it? And does the client work correctly with Vulcan and server components?

• Official Post

Hello,

Are you able to estimate since which patch it started for you?

What game classes do you play and what weapons do you use?

Are you seeing any massive chat messages within starting fight? If so, at what tab of chat you are?

Greetings

• It started from the moment the game started on this server. I play with a Knight/Mage bundle. The weapons are Bolton's one-handed sword and Jargos Shield. Changing the chat tabs does not change the situation. Usually a general chat or an event chat is open.

Playing as a DD or assistant, the situation is better, but there is a drawdown of FPS.

• Official Post

I can see that you've 30 FPS even before the fight, and anything under 30 FPS will look like a lag/freeze.

For COA not the GPU but CPU is important, as it's using a single thread.

The CPU you are using is a server one, it's powerful but only in multithreading scenario.

Its base core with Turbo is 3.0GHz, which may be the reason of the issue.

A few things you can try:

- assign COA client to another threads in task manager, try different affinity

- check without any addons, as they're sometimes causing FPS issues.

- limit distance view option to minimum

• Hi,

I also experienced heavy fps drops and lags (from 300-400 to below 10) with multiple classes with many AoE effects (12 ppl raid in DC)

Is there any possibility to play with all effects without these problems? I had all graphics on maximum.

Windows 10 pro

Intel core i9-13900KF overclocked at 5,8GHz

4 x 16GB DDR5-6000 MHz

GeForce GTX 3090 OC - 24GB

SSD: Samsung SSD PM9A1 2TB

Greetings

• We've seen this issue pop up and persist even if you have a very good PC.

ty Lutine :D

And it is strange that such an option is presented to us, as you can deprive yourself of the beauty of the game.

• Official Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJckSioUAMQ

After the patches released last month, it became completely impossible to play.

Hello,

Please contact our Support with:
    - list of your addons (you can do it along with /addons2 command on chat or screenshot)

- screenshot of your video game settings

- FDB integrity report (in launcher settings)

Greetings

• Hello,

Support could not help me with my problems and I finally waited for the arrival of a new processor. Once upon a time, INT answered me that my processor was not suitable for this game, because it requires high performance per core, which my processor did not have. So, the new processor(Xeon e5 1650 v2 6/12 4.1ghz boost) is comparable to the i7 4930k. In Bioshock Infinite, WoW Lich King, Alan Wake (these are games that are currently tested on this instance), the processor successfully keeps the frequency at 4.1 ghz. In CoA, the frequency reaches a maximum of the standard frequencies of this processor and does not boost higher in any way. Accordingly, it feels like the game is running on this processor worse than on the i5 3470 (which in turn is much weaker in single-threaded operation), which I tested in CoA for about a week and at minimum graphics settings with high textures gave out at least 25-35 frames per second in complex scenes. So, the question is - does CoA really not know how to work with server components in any way? I will attach the video during today.

• Hi,

as far as I know the i5 3470 is better for single core performance than your new Xeon e5 1650 v2. You ask why? Because your new processor is a hyper threading processor (6 cores with 12 threads). As far as I know from cpu architecture this results in the problem, that every thread can use maximum a half core performance: So maximum 2.05 ghz per thread. While your older i5 3470 can only do single thread operations per core, every thread can use the maximum cpu power.

In short: If you want single thread performance, don't get a hyper threading CPU or get the new "raptor lake" cpu design (you can google it. it's a hybrid architecture with both advantages)

Greetings

• Official Post

Hello,

As addition might be worth to suggest comparing other games in similar scenario of big raid, otherwise it is not reliable. Each player will always consume more performance than NPC or cutscene.

Chronicles or Arcadia might be not perfectly optimized for certain hardwares, but we are constantly improving it.

Greetings

• Hello

In this video, I just wanted to demonstrate the fact that it is in KoA that the processor cannot work at maximum frequencies for at least one core. This video did not include some old projects, such as Alan Wake, which are also quite poorly optimized (and of course they work on a single processor core), but in them the processor frequency was kept at 4.1Ghz. For an example of productivity, I need time, and at the moment I'm working with some old projects. But I can say one thing, in my case, disabling multithreading and disabling cores partially helped. At the moment I use 4\4 3.7Ghz and it helps me to save 20FPS in complex scenes. Yesterday, the Abandoned Abbey dungeon was tested, and throughout the dungeon my fps was maintained at an average value of 40-100FPS, which is very, very comfortable for the game.

Added the Label Performance

Closed the thread.