Tips for new player.

• Hi, I played ROM about 5 years ago and I want to return to this game. I know that ROM Global is dead, soo I chose COA. Any tips for new player? What class should I play? On Global I used to play Warden/Scout and Mage/Warrior. Thanks for all help!

• Hi and welcome to Arcadia !

Speaking as someone who used to play on the gf-servers for a long time, you have made the right decision.

Regarding new players, CoA does offer many goodies, that allow you to catch up quickly with the rest of the server.

First off, The Lost Isle of Atlantis is basically the "new Varanas" here, meaning that it contains all the important npcs.

Atlas City:

- Hillary, to the left of the housekeeper: Exchanges Ancient Mementos for badges, allowing you to advance your siege titles very quickly

- Agnes, 38/49: Exchanges diamonds for gold. As you might have noticed, the auction house currency here is diamonds. Hence the need for such an npc.

-Jimmy Crane/Edward Wilson, 39/44: Arcadia Coins/Proof of Myth merchants. The coins are obtained in the custom instances of CoA, replacing mementos.

-Edwards, 38/56: More npc's that interact with coins

Itnal Camp:

- Training dummies/Baltons, 27/73: Allows you to level up your weapon skills, note that the Baltons have the highest level, you should use them

- Evangeline/Sophia: the daylie reward npc's. Evangeline gives you a great golden hammer (the one that hd's all your gear, making ld gear no problem to wear) and 2 transport runes. Sophia gives you 30 golden eggs, very nice to level up a pet/buy the necessary potions.

Moreover, you have one free spin of the Wheel of Fortune per day & character. Use them.

That being said, CoA offers a pretty neat lvl 80 starting armor once per character, that can be obtained in the starting zone of your respective race. Using this, you can start farming mementos and coins. Groups can ofc be found using the world chat, it's quite alive, trust me.

Mementos can be easily farmed in grotto of horror hardmode and for coins/your first arcadia stat (the purple ones you might have seen on ah) I recommend Secret Temple of Tikal.

Most of the custom instances require a pre quest though, so I'd suggest starting with that. It begins infront of the Temple of Mysteries in Dragonfang Ridge.

Regarding your choice of class, we're currently in a phase of class balancing, where things change constantly. They've already reworked a lot of previously useless classes, so take your pick.

Generally speaking supporter classes such as Warlock/Mage are the most easy to get you started, since supporting can be done with the starting gear. Warden/Scout with it's Moral Boost and the crystal's buff does fit in this category as well though.

• I'm not a Wl/M player myself, but the basics are the following:

- Buff your group with Sublimation Weave Curse (6% attributes buff)

- Use Warp Charge on cooldown to buff your group with attack and cast speed

- Stack and maintain Soulbrand to/on 4 on your target using Perception Extraction and Soul Pain (inceases elemental damage taken)

- Use Soul Seal and Surge of Awareness when the Group does buff up (damage and patk/matk buff)

Again, those are just the basics and there are many more skills and item set skills that buff your group/debuff the enemy, but this should get you started.

• Serenadae how do i get to The Lost Isle of Atlantis
    i played RoM not 2 weeks and that was years ago
    im trying to get into the game but im totally lost

Hey ,

Syku

at the Varanas Bridge near the TeleportMaid stands an Npc ( i dont remember the name) with a Quest that will bring you to Atlantis .
    If you have anymore questions / trouble finding her you can whisper me ingame

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

Closed the thread.