Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• D/WL was not for healer gear. It was first designed as mdps with full Int. Wisdom thing came later and it never worked in endgame, it was more of a "I can do minigames and little inis with healer gear". So don't forget endgame mdps with Int should still be viable and for what I saw lately, isn't good.

• D/WL was not for healer gear. It was first designed as mdps with full Int. Wisdom thing came later and it never worked in endgame, it was more of a "I can do minigames and little inis with healer gear". So don't forget endgame mdps with Int should still be viable and for what I saw lately, isn't good.

Identity of classes can change. S/M was also designed only for pdps earlier... and now? mdps version is stronger :D

After they introduced the wis/sta conversion to int, I am right sure it was designed for healers and not for mdps, bcs it makes more sense.

@devs: can you clarify this question? ;)

Saw it on worldboss, looks fine you just dont click the conversion buff.

• I wanted to write about druid/champion a long time. Class have very interesting game mechanic in mechanisms. Need some changes in him to be a good class combination.

1) Healing forge (15, 1490629)

Change: w/o changes, except healing forge can be stacked to 12 and get 3 stack, if u equip hammer.

Comment: yes, class can use 1-h stick, but with hammer positive effects will be stronger.

2) Rune vitality mechanism (20, 1490630)

Change: ...rune vitality mechanism restore 4% HP, 1% MP, 2 focus, 2 energy, 2 rage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. Max HP and received healing not need here. Also if you equip hammer also restore 1 psi. Effect work for all raid members

Cost: 10% MP, 15 rage.

3) Vital escape (30, 1490632)

Comment: Not need here, i think need something interesting with hammer.

Change: When you wear hammer, action time all mechanisms will be increase double time (20 seconds)

Type: passive.

New name: Durable hammer.

4) Augmentation mechanism (35, 1490633)

Change: ...augmentation mechanism increase p. and m. attack by 4% for 10 seconds.

5) Mechanism implosion (40, 1490634)

Comment: I think not need damage here, i dont know why, but skill not always cause damage. (may be broken)

Change: augmentation mechanism also decrease p. and m. defense by 5% all around enemies.

New name: Weakening mechanism.

6) Mechanism feedback (45, 1490635)

Change: For every raid member buffed by a mechanism, all raid members get 1 stack mechanism feedback, which give a 1% casting and attack speed. (for example if mechanism buffed 3 ppls then buff will be a 3%, if 12 then 12%). Not will work for all pets.

7) Stone fortification (60, 1490637)

Comment: not need, need something else.

Change: Purify can clean also harmfull effects.

New name: Deep cleaning.

• Classes who can use two gears

Priest/Warrior, Druid/Warrior, Rogue/Warden and Bard/Warden can both use Leather and Chain according to their eliteskills.

Bard/Warden is equally viable in Chain and in Leather, because it gets good atk from dex.

Druid/Warrior and Priest/Warrior are much better in chain. Also Rogue/Warden is much better in Leather.

Suggestions:

1) Increase atkscaling from dex for Druid/Warrior. For 494017 also add +2.12 Dex Healing from Whitehit or make it whatever stat is highest you use that for Healing

2) Increase atkscaling from dex for Priest/Warrior

3) Increase atkscaling from str for Rogue/Warden

• I have some ideas for some classes:

R/B - skill 1491233 in addition to the physical attack, I would add there additional damage from the wind element 10-15%.

B/R I'd add a skill that removes the rogue's second hand passive damage reduction.

R/P - I would add a skill that increases water damage 8-10%

• Well everything magical is indeed better than physical variant. One reason is the ability to buff Castspeed to greater extent.

1) Buffood from house maid: 10% Castspeed

2) Stacking Water and Elvendrink 30% Castspeed + 15% Castspeed.

3) Potentially second Curse XIII rune in Talisman for class like Champ/Bard

I understand 1) because Warp Charge gives more atkspeed than castspeed does. 1) balances this. But 2 and 3) will always make magical dps stronger than physical.

Champ/Bard>other Champs

Scout/Mage>physical Scout/Mage

• There are many classes, which depending on situations do higher dmg with different weapon.

Example:

1) Champ/Mage: 1h Hammer while Elemental Rampage is active, 2h Hammer if not.

2) Warrior/Mage: Wand+Talisman but 2h Sword in fullburst.

3) Warrior/Bard: 1h Axe+Talisman but 2h Sword for aoe fullburst.

etc.

Changing mainhand-weapon resets focus, energy and rage to 0.

Request:

Let values of focus, energy and rage be unaffected by swapping mainhand-weapon.

Reasoning:

1) Scouts regularly change their ranged weapon between bow and xBow depending on atkspeed. There is no punishment.

2) Dps-classes regularly change their current titles and ATF_titles depending on combat situation. There is no punishment.

3) Classes with pure mana change their weapon depending on situation. There is no punishment.

=> Why should swapping mainhand-weapon be punished for classes with focus, energy or rage?

• Reasoning:

1) Scouts regularly change their ranged weapon between bow and xBow depending on atkspeed. There is no punishment.

• Because Scout skills can be used with bow and xbow, it's normal that you don't lose any mana or focus.

2) Dps-classes regularly change their current titles and ATF_titles depending on combat situation. There is no punishment.

• Changing the title does not lose anything, all classes are the same

3) Warrior/Bard: 1h Axe+Talisman but 2h Sword for aoe fullburst.

• Since this class has skills that can be used with certain weapons, it is normal to experience some losses if the conditions are not met. Example: When the Wariror class uses Katana or Spear, the BLEED effect is activated on the BOSS, for this if you use a weapon change macro during burst, you may lose mana or focus because equipment is considered changed

If it was what you wanted, mana or focus should not be reloaded when you change classes.

Also here my question is when will the problem of Katana or Spear BLEED effect be fixed i wonder that

• The reason Scouts aren't affected is because you only loose your resources if you switch your mainhand. Scouts swap their ranged weapon so they don't loose anything.

I personally like the idea of Blackkid.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Hi,

regarding K/WL

The class seems "ok". In terms of aggro it is the hell. doing still way too much aggro in single target that any tank can hold it. I would suggest to remove the aggro modifiers from the skills, while "Shield of Darkness" is active.

Furthermore I think that the attack speed cap from parry rate should be increased from 20 to 25%. In terms of damage, the class does not deal good single target (I think it's one of the worst single target dmg) but it does ok AOE dmg.

tested with t17 rofl 2h hammer and full new statted plate gear.

• Priest/Warrior

With the latest patch chain of light is extremly strong but the Mechanic works very well(pls keep it like this). But reduce dmg abit 25-30% should be fine.

LA8Hm1v.jpg

No Guts No Glory No Legend No Story.

Edited 2 times, last by Idhril ().

• Why did you change Bard/Druid the way you did? You took a class-combination that was already bad and destroyed it even further ;( It'a area damage wasn't good before, now its non-existend. If the single target damage would be really good (like on rogue/warlock) it would be fine but since this isn't the case, and current endcontent is mainly aoe focused (cause trash is way harder than most bosses), this class combination is just a joke.

Anyway just my opinion :)

Greetings.

• Why did you change Bard/Druid the way you did? You took a class-combination that was already bad and destroyed it even further ;( It'a area damage wasn't good before, now its non-existend. If the single target damage would be really good (like on rogue/warlock) it would be fine but since this isn't the case, and current endcontent is mainly aoe focused (cause trash is way harder than most bosses), this class combination is just a joke.

Greetings.

I agree with all of what you said and I played with the last update. Every time I change weapons, a visual bug occurs, it looks like you have tamborunie in your hand also a class that I never thought of playing anywhere (if it can't be changed :D )

Greetings.

I haven't played it in instances, but my dummy parses show that at least aoe sustain isn't that bad. I mean, almost all mages and warlocks are better and burst (single and aoe) and single sustain are crap, but for me it appears to be like 10-15% better than before. You don't keep spamming 1 spell anymore but have a small rota out of 4 spells now and you actually hit what you want to hit. Means, gameplay is fine imo. That's a good base to start balancing the class for sure.

The skill descriptions don't make any sense on a german client, seems like half info is missing, I had to rely on the patchnotes to know which skill does what. Even the elite order is incorrect, the 45 elite is still 45 and not 40 as shown in notes.

EDIT: Is it intended that all casts and channels this class has, are usable while walking without the ISS?

• The problem for me is that after 2 or 3 sec you don't have any aoe for at least another 2 or 3 sec. You have one skill with 20sec cd and one with 30sec (which lasts 10sec but still). Your 2 "spammable" aoe skills both have 6 sec cd, so even in big pulls you have no choice but to use single target.

My suggestion: Reduce the cd from 1491184 and 1491183 (or even one of them).

Edit: Also it would be really nice not having to swap weapons to use Tempo (1491103)

Edited once, last by Laisha ().

• Mage/Bard

• Changed Great Purgatory Fire damage to 4500 from 3000.
    • Changed Musical Weakness to make Elemental Weakness reduces cooldown of Elemental Catalysis by 30 seconds additionally.

May I know what is this class planned for? (Support or DPS )" I think both"

Choosing one seems necessary because walking behind DPS's is support work.

these latest updates don't help much for DPS

Although I saw an average of 350% Fire dmg, it was not very effective

there are too many casting related skills elite talent seems not enough despite casting increase

I think timing should be removed from this skill if that DPS

also it might be a better idea to reduce the waiting time a bit

Because Single target is not good enough but aoe could be better if these improvements can happen

(Of course, these suggestions are for DPS purposes, it's okay if you say that it meets expectations and supports it.)