Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• //===================== Edit =====================//

Please do NOT add 80, 90 & 100 level elite skills contrary to what a few people suggested. For those of you that aren't good at math, adding these elite skills means introducing 3 * 110 = 330 new skills! That's massive amount of work, tons of bugs (as if there aren't enough already) and most likely new imbalance issues. Also, this will decrease the chance for introducing a new class drastically because it will increase the number of the elite skills needed to be introduced for all of its combos.

would you prefer to stay stagnant and not grow ?

to me new ideas and changes are fun, think back to before the balance...

you saw ch/r's w/m's s/dw's and d/wd's and not a lot else at least from my memory ^^

i like new possibilities and the idea of what can possibly come out of it.

so with that said please put rofl bosses in boss events :)

• Yes, I would as long as the old elite skills get balanced.

Since you are so eager about getting new elite skills then please do post a list of 330 new elite skills so the devs can implement them for us. :)

The game (RoM) was the most balanced when the top instances were CL & KS. With each new instance & feature the balance changed completely. Some of us still remember how scouts were farming RT dia with 0 attack speed.

I've have played RoM since it was still beta (there were no 35 level elite skills back then) until JoH/PoM (including). I've been the only k/m tank (Kurvabg) on Macantacht for ages. I have contributed to RoM wiki on many subjects, especially the elite skills. I've seen so many times how my guildmates were forced by the game & its "balance" to delete their secondary classes and pick meta ones just to be useful during runs and it hurts me seeing that after so much time this hasn't changed.

Some of us did suggest changes to certain elite skills, however, usually these posts get ignored by the devs. Also, this thread is super long and many players simply don't bother following it.

P.S. The original post of mine was in another thread, however, it's been moved here by the moderators, that's why it might seem irrelevant to the current thread.

• i am happy for your accomplishments :)

it's not up to me to figure out about 330 elite skills i dont need to know how the sausage was made, i just want to enjoy eating it :P

i want/like new things to keep my interest. thats why i dont play on offical they're still at lvl 100 with some weak peak lvls and still on new pantheon ;(

• I've seen so many times how my guildmates were forced by the game & its "balance" to delete their secondary classes and pick meta ones just to be useful during runs and it hurts me seeing that after so much time this hasn't changed.

Simply not true. Not everyone is playing meta classes, some are even picking the non-meta ones and get really decent damage out of them. Most of them are dependant of other classes or support, but every class is playable. From a MDPS point of view I see only a few classes that are way behind others, like M/Wd, M/D, D/M (if this can be seen as dps) and that's it I guess. On the other hand there are like 20+ playable classes for mdps.

Most dps players in this game want to deal the max damage possible at any cost. That's why you possibly see same classes in random runs. Reality is that most players play the 1 class only that is 2% above another. For dps reason it makes no sense to play a weaker class, at least in most situations.

In our guild runs you constantly see leather players on the same classes, while chain and cloth are switching through the entire number of classes. My personal favorite class is S/Wl. Do you see any S/Wl in other runs? I don't. But its damage is pretty good and there is a huge damage potential in this class. So why does not anyone play it always? Because of instance, gear, skill, buffs, cenedrils, pet, cards, titles, support and all the other reasons why classes deal damage differently. If all classes were the same in all situations, you would not need any balance and stay at the vanilla balancing, which always sucked more balls than a billard table. :D

And then you see other servers having that exactly same vanilla balancing and people are like "this balancing is so cool, it feels nostalgic" and you think they are all cavemen who are very excited about a light bulb but have never seen the sun... (if ppl like oldschool content, go play nostalgia instances, it's the same look and feel, but just the values of damage, hp, etc are different).

Why balancing was good in the early days of rom? Because the game was naked then. Almost only gear and TP mattered here. Nowadays the game grew up, got a lot of more stuff to calc in.

I always was pretty critical about coa balancing (and still am, since on some classes we're just cycling all over again) but reality is that you find no other server with a more diversified balancing at all. :thumbup:

• I agree. There are a lot of combos that people don't go through that do decent damage. In the skin of B/ch, B/S, most scout calls, or even R/Ch, R/D, are calls that deal quite a lot of damage if someone plays them. Currently, I see the magic finish on wl and in my guild you can see that this class has a lot of potential. It's hard to say what really is the strongest because most things depend on the chosen team.

• Have you forgotten all the "buff scouts", "delete mages" & "delete chain items" in the world chat? "Balance", but I am happy that you are happy about that. :)

Indeed, unlike RoM, in CoA people hardly delete the secondary classes due to the XP bonus - it's easier to get another one and level it up or make another char.

• I've seen so many times how my guildmates were forced by the game & its "balance" to delete their secondary classes and pick meta ones just to be useful during runs and it hurts me seeing that after so much time this hasn't changed.

Simply not true.

What I said was about RoM not CoA and it is TRUE. I've seen how all mages started playing as w/m, all rogues - as r/m, all wardens - as wn/s, all knights - as k/w, all priests - as p/k.

• Not sure exactly what all this discussion is about right now.
    In comparison to before balancing / retail there are x5 more classes viable then before .

I remember e.g Gorge times where 3 maybe 4 Dps classes overall where played . Nowadays Leather has more selection in Scout or Rogues subclasses ,that are viable/playable,then over whole Chain/Leather/Cloth back then.

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

• Mage/Scout

• Changed Flame Spirit physical attack scalings;
      • Physical Attack: to 3.125% magical attack + 37.5% magical damage from 5% magical attack
      • Magical Attack: to 12.5% magical attack + 100% magical damage from 20% magical attack

It will get affected by elemental dmg passives/buffs as the other pets or still won't? :/

Btw a question. Why this change? Is by FAR the pet with less mattack in game. You need many mattack supports for it to start doing any dmg since isn't a cps class and doesn't scale with anything else. Is the new mdmg worth to lose that huge amount of mattack? If you could provide the math or the intention behind this change, it would be cool.

Regards.

• Since when is M/S a cps class?

However, the change seems to me that pet will be affected more by burst buffs (that increase mdmg of player) and less of player matt, means the pet will be stronger in burst (where you stack all the dmg) and weaker in sustain (less matt from player matt through support). Seems balanced from my pov :/

• Chronicles of Arcadia [Zeus] (gyazo.com)

Warrior

• Reduced Katana damage gain to 76.5% from 91.8%.
    • Implemented new skill: Morale Slash: Whirl your sword around to inflict 480% main hand weapon DPS damage to enemies and restore 25 Rage, 10% HP. Requires 2-H Sword or Katana. Cooldown: 15 seconds

I think these innovations will not solve this problem

• Warrior

Reduced Katana damage gain to 76.5% from 91.8%.

You nerf nearly all Warrior-Classes with this change. Why not only on very OP classes like Warrior/Druid as example?

LA8Hm1v.jpg

No Guts No Glory No Legend No Story.

• Warrior

Reduced Katana damage gain to 76.5% from 91.8%.

You nerf nearly all Warrior-Classes with this change. Why not only on very OP classes like Warrior/Druid as example?

But u know it was bug? Katana is 2h weapon and skill 490137 boosts 2h weapons for 76.8%, not 91.8%... So maybe not only katana but boosts all 2h weapons to get 91.8%, then noone would use katana, because 2h sword would do much better on warriors... this 91.8% was from rouge skill, that was made to not lose power from 91.8% dmg form daggers, but after calculation they changed daggers to 92.5% and katana to 74% in skill 490504 and changed skill 1491729 to additional 15% for katanas (btw in math it look like they boosted katana on rouge if dmg passives stacks: 74%+174%x0,15=100,1% if stacked but only 89% if not stacked... idk i dont have katana)... btw rouges get 0,7% dmg boost on daggers... and chain classes get only nerfs of dmg...

• it stopped after 10 sec in hoto as ch&w and as ch/k.

i have enough rage for more time.

but ok 10sec is ok, but no timer would be nice :D

Greetings