Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Druid/rogue aoe was the same, 5% every 0.5s. 100% in 10s. We have a skill to recover all every 30s so we have enough to spam another 10s. Rofl is a fast ini (really fast). Our own skill and some mana pots is enough, but when new ini comes out and we need to spam aoes more often and for higher time, mana pots won't be enough for some classes. W/m will be an example of it I guess.

• I am literally not judging your playstyle, stop pretending I am.

So stop giving me advices i didn’t ask.

What I am doing is telling you that the nerf to the semi-afk priest playstyle is

well deserved
    completely necessary
    not killing the class combination at all

as the combination of p/d was entirely too easy. It was a literal no brainer - now it's a no-brainer with a cost attached to it.

It’s not well deserved because it’s not semi-afk priest playstyle. His AoE healing skills have their advantages and disadvantages. Healing Void:

1. Advantages:

- huge healing for ppl staying in circle,

- decrease damage received by 5%,

- increase healing received by 5%,

- heals if healer is stunned.

2.Disadvantages:

- doesn’t do anything if ppl stay out of the circle,

- you can’t cast it on another place untill first circle end (20s),

- you can’t control healing effect, if ppl lose HP you have to wait 4s for first healing after cast.

Chain of Life:

1. Advantages:

- it triggers healing every 10s if tank get a hit,

- it gives 8% wisdom,

- it gives 50% damage reduction if bond breaks.

2.Disadvantages:

-you can’t control its healing so you can’t use its healing when it’s needed,

- the bond can breake easily when tank runs to pull trash.

I can’t agree with you. Every time i go this class combo i mostly heal by Urgent because placing Healing Void on trash is pointless when DPS kill trash in seconds. I really don’t get your point with Mana Retention. Nerfing skill to the ground instead of making it well balanced for everyone. Additionally you suggest that every healer who likes heal on p/d doesn’t use his brain. Have you ever play p/s? You can almost spam healing arrow wherever so p/s is much easier. Did you see plans for other priest combinations? P/d is definetely gonna die because of this huge nerfs.

What do you think about kittycombo? Don’t you think playing every DPS class using only one button is „no-brainer”?

Without the, as you admit yourself, overpowered mana retention you'll run out of mana while spamming a 35% mana skill. Thats how it should be.

In all other cases you can still do as every other combination under the sun here has to: take a magical fruit paste and cut those 35% to 26,25% and all your other costs in the process too. If the costs are still too much, take a pot.

It wasn’t overpowered for healers but for DPS. 60% mana regen for healer was ok and 50% would be ok too. If i run out of mana it’s completely enough to use pot or Mana Retention not both. Nerf on Mana Retention makes me only to choose pot and no more. Ofc i can do as every combination does but p/d got possibility to regen mana without using pots and it was part of this class. Nerf Mana Retention should touch only DPS which could spam their mana draining skills for 10s.

It'll still be the easiest healer,

The easiest healers are p/s and d/p not p/d.

• As a Warlock, when I'm in Willpower Blade/Construct state, I loose every 2 seconds 1 Psi while doing nothing.

Please don't make my Psi disappear.

Thanks

It is only if you are out of combat

Yeah I know it's only if you're not in combat. ;)

But in a normal run you're often out of combat while after you kill some mobs and have to move to the next (group of) mobs which is 3 seconds further.

I don't think that the warlock will become OP after it's changed that a warlock won't loose his Psi anymore over time.

Probably the warlock will be a tiny bit friendlier to play. :):thumbup:

• Really? I've played a ton of ch/wd which spams their skill (in trash), 5% each - mana hasn't been much of an issue, even without potting. Please enlighten me on those classes then, lol. I may be wrong. :D

Yes really. Play warrior/mage or rogue/priest. These classes have mana based spammable skills.

For those, who don't know the ch/wrd, the mana based 5% skill has 15 sec CD and is not spammable. In other words, you need ~ 0,33% mana per second, where other classes can use up to 5-6% per second.

Enlightened Greetings

You get CDR on this skill if you hit something. Bigger pulls reduce this to ~2-3 seconds cooldown, so your calculation is not saying very much. Especially considering that the base mana costs of the skills are massive already.

Not so enlightened Greetings,
    Midan

• how often do you have 12-13 mobs in rofl? We are talking about spamming AOE where, for example the r/p, it is also the MAIN dmg skill even with only 2 mobs there.

I would say you don't need to use your skill (and can't use) 600 times in 30 minutes. so your mana usage is way lower comparing with r/p, where you use literally 1500+ times a 5% mana skill.

And skills with 300, 600 or 1200 mana is not high base mana cost. You just need to adjust your character stats, that also as pdps you have 100k+ mana. 1k mana cost of a skill is 1% of 100k manapool.

Edit: so even with average of 5 mobs, you can only use your 5% skill every 10 seconds. Please don't compare with really big mana wasting classes ;)

• I agree in singular spamming scenarios, but you're literally chaining mana tags with the class, regardless of aoe or single target; Charged chop (336) or Wood Spirit (251), Thorny Strike (1276), Raging Strike (728).. Fullbuffed you come up to approx. 70k mana - so I'd argue that the mana consumption overall is pretty comparable. In addition: big pulls like that happen like 3-4 times in the run - so you're probably right.

Quote from xLutinex

I would say you don't need to use your skill (and can't use) 600 times in 30 minutes. so your mana usage is way lower comparing with r/p, where you use literally 1500+ times a 5% mana skill.

Yeah, alright. That's busted mana costs :D

The question is though: how hard will r/p be impacted by the nerf? Will the mana-recovery being added to the class remedy this nerf? Will 10k per tick (50k in total) every two minutes suffice?

• The question is though: how hard will r/p be impacted by the nerf? Will the mana-recovery being added to the class remedy this nerf? Will 10k per tick (50k in total) every two minutes suffice?

easy to answer: no

If mobs don't get a manapool ( I don't see any mana on mobs. Maybe they have hidden one), the r/p change will be useless i think. but we will see. Not many ppl playing r/p, but I play it from time to time, bcs I want to play rare classes. If mobs getting mana, that r/p can steal, maybe it is enough with e-potions

• The question is though: how hard will r/p be impacted by the nerf? Will the mana-recovery being added to the class remedy this nerf? Will 10k per tick (50k in total) every two minutes suffice?

easy to answer: no

If mobs don't get a manapool ( I don't see any mana on mobs. Maybe they have hidden one), the r/p change will be useless i think. but we will see. Not many ppl playing r/p, but I play it from time to time, bcs I want to play rare classes. If mobs getting mana, that r/p can steal, maybe it is enough with e-potions

Afaik monsters have a hidden mana value, so long as the class they're based on is one that has mana. May have been changed on this server, but the mana stealing is additional to gaining your own % back. Perhaps d/s will be king of mana recovery then with the unchanged mana-ability. :)

• If mobs don't get a manapool ( I don't see any mana on mobs. Maybe they have hidden one), the r/p change will be useless i think.

Just to clarify, the mentioned change is not working like this; mechanic will recover 1% of your MP always, and will steal 1% from target's MP pool if they have any simultaneously.

Greetings

Ahhh.ty. then it was a big misunderstanding

• P/wl

Changed Spirit Embodiment to consume 1% MP every second and disappear if there is not enough MP to consume, changed it to have 5 minutes of cooldown after Spirit Embodiment despawns, changed it to recover 10 Focus for every time it invokes heal.

Is it intended that the embodiment still vanishes after 30sec?

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Official Post

patt and hp buffs are back to lvl 0 but talent points are lost, pls give it back or put again skills at 104 lvl

Lost Talent Points will be returned for mentioned skills soon.

Skill Id (498640) should give 10 % of basic attributes under effect of Skill Id (1490339) but only gives 5%

5% is correct value, description will be fixed with next patch.

P/wl

Changed Spirit Embodiment to consume 1% MP every second and disappear if there is not enough MP to consume, changed it to have 5 minutes of cooldown after Spirit Embodiment despawns, changed it to recover 10 Focus for every time it invokes heal.

Is it intended that the embodiment still vanishes after 30sec?

It is, as mentioned in skill description.

Greetings

• If mobs don't get a manapool ( I don't see any mana on mobs. Maybe they have hidden one), the r/p change will be useless i think.

Just to clarify, the mentioned change is not working like this; mechanic will recover 1% of your MP always, and will steal 1% from target's MP pool if they have any simultaneously.

Greetings

Well when i use buff who can give me stack(for 10sec) i will have little mana recover but after this 10sec when i end stack buff for 60sec i dont ahve mana recover bcs i dont ahve buff who recover my mana so i must use again buff and reset my all stack if i want again mana recover XD

nice nerf

good to know give little mana recover and lose DMG bcs i must all the time reset my stack XDXDXDXDX

XDXDXDXDXDXD