Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Reduced Necrotic Wound cooldown to 3 seconds.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• George and rofl if you want to know and patt should be added i agree but WITHOUT damage loss, thats all.

i would suggest you to change your raid or develop better gameplay if you think warden needed to deal more damage instead of such a balance. because it was quite strong even with recent aoe nerf. ( i have t15 weapon )

You're the one that said you cant get through boss defense with your eq xd And now it will deal less damage

• i would suggest you to change your raid or develop better gameplay if you think warden needed to deal more damage instead of such a balance. because it was quite strong even with recent aoe nerf. ( i have t15 weapon )

You're the one that said you cant get through boss defense with your eq xd And now it will deal less damage

not having high patk doesn't mean class dealing low damage, problem is class was performing good eventhough low patk lol, which is causing it to overperform with proper buffers which probably the thing you are missing in your raid

the world chico, and everything in it.

• Nah, that was happening some time ago already, not last week, right? I had the funny situation when that patch came out the week before and my scout dealt more or less equal dps like our s/p in trashes, but I gonna double-check this until I'm back from my vacation again :thumbup:

• So I tested Druid/Rogue in rofl today and I see 2 problems this class has.

1) The damage of "Earth Arrow" is really low. Even though it hits 2 times the damage is really not that high, so most of the time it's not really worth using, unless you can't use anything else.

2) Energy Costs. Well, your main damage skill "Poisonous Widow Embrace" costs 30 Energy, your aoe skill costs 20 Energy. Even WITH experimental dwarven ale (eda) you run out of Energy really fast during a boss fight, because you loose 60 Energy per second while only gaining 15. Without eda it's nearly impossible to compete with other classes since you are out of Energy almost all the time or have to revert to use Earth Arrow (see Problem 1).

Another suggestion, that has already been asked a few times if I remember correctly, would be if it was possible to implement a magical heal hammer. The last one is from Tikal, if memorie serves, and since you already implemented magical xbow, 2h sword and dagger I was wondering if a hammer is planned as well. This is usefull for heals and mdps that want to play this class alike.

Anyway these are just some impressions I get after testing this class for a short while.

Greetings.

Edited once, last by Laisha ().

• For me during all this time the balancing process is starting to get on my nerves.

It has become more or less just a bad joke, where some subjective opinions in the forum - call it feedback, but whatever - are finding their ways into the patchnotes.

What I find is rediculous, for example:

On Patch 10.4.0.2013 you changed Power of the Wood Spirit from 434% to 521%

4 Weeks later on patch 10.4.0.3000 you just did it the other way.

Honestly you guys just dont know what you are doing, and especially you rlly dont have a final goal that you try to approach.

In the end i am pretty sure that you will fail, because it is nearly impossible to balance all the different classes in relation to pve content (low,mid,high end + future pve), upcoming pvp AND the huge difference in GEAR (from starer gear to t14 gold gear / t17 gold weapon) - that range is just too wide, and its coz'd of fundamental function of game mechanics which you cannot change unless it is not runes of magic anymore

• If all players would be objective and don't only want their own advantage (for example: "i am soooo bad in comparison to the other class. My class need a push!" - instead of recognizing that the person is just a bad player maybe) the balancing could be already finished.

I mean, some ppl here in this thread are crying that their class is bad, but sometimes tbh: their class was really really strong (sometimes OP!), but the player was just simply: bad

That's why the ppl should report buggy skills/formulas whatever instead of just using it for own advantage :)

• I agree. But tbh nobody is capable of reporting just 100% objective

• weeks ago or even longer, maybe a half year. I asked about Wardens are to weak and all say me no. So I was thinking I did something wrong, but I know this class long time ago and I am sure I did nothing wrong, becaurse a few weaks after my post a lot guys to discuss about the Warden and ask he need some buffs and more patk for str. I was just laughing by myself and didn’t want to ask something about that. ( In this time Warden just got a nerf on Frantic Briar) After that he got a lot changes. buff, nerf, buff again ... now after they nerf power of the Wood spirit again he was well balanced and at same lvl like champions, yes he still miss roots or some support but now they still balancing Warden and give him 1.8 patk per str., so why? Yes Warden/ Warrior for example still can’t compare to the other Warden classes, even with this change. I understand some ppl who say my class is to weak, but then I see rouges/Warrior in Tikal for example full golden gear t11/t12 and with Siegel on b5 can’t compare to my dmg on champ/mage and I didn’t had full burst on. Or even a Siegel. Then i am sure they did something wrong. And can agree with you.
    But I don’t understand why there are just changes on good balanced classes and no focus on classes who nobody go to play. There is still a reason why nobody plays them. I always just see, they buff a class too much then nerf them and nerf them again becaurse the first nerf was not enouth and then they buff it a bit again becaurse the second nerf destroy the class. I really tired about that.

• I was just laughing by myself and didn’t want to ask something about that.

i don't think they can help you while you are laughing instead of giving an actual feedback after change log is released, they were on site for like 4-5 days

im also tired of reading "i was in tikal once ..." nonsenses, its not different than comparing classes in 90 level instance or in weapon levelling dummies.

unless they change every class to have equal physical attack in same circumstance, this balance will never end because always someone will cry in the corner saying "my class is weak with this gear - my class is weak in tikal ..."

warden is weak with low patk in rofl while you can play champ with higher efficiency even with low patk due to higher patk satisfies boss defense. warden is strong in rofl only when you have enough equipment and proper warlock who have an idea about how to support their burst with patk buffs, now they eliminated this issue partially and nerfed strongest wardens, yet there are still people crying like warden got huge buff and champs are unusable now, stop it.

cheers

• Idk how this in your guild but in our Wardens still not weak and a balance is not realatet on low gear player or even less geared then other. We have most all the same gear t11/t12 and all are close to each other even you play champ or warden. Yes in some situation champs are stronger but you have lower cds on warden to compare that.

And btw. That was that what I mean, the patk in Tikal is not related and then you have to do way more dmg with a r/ w but he didn’t did so he did something wrong I guess.
    And then you read in forum rouges are so weak, tbh rouge/Warrior is still one of the strongest pdps.
    Even rouge/warden/priest/druid/warlock/mage are strong. And don’t forgett scouts are also strong. So I don’t get why we still talk about that classes? There are still unplayable combos who nobody care about.

gogo Power Rangers!

Edited once, last by Blaxx ().

• can you tell me which classes they are? not everyone is chasing meta to play only strongest dps every patch, but playing fun classes sometimes. useless =/= not strong

if you want to talk for rogues, im still saying r/m (maybe after r/w, because r/w is lesser dependent of good warlock support than other rogues due to high patk) is best rogue for overall yet there is not enough data in server to prove it because no r/m can play it properly in pugs i joined. and i can also say that rogue doesn't feel more overpowered than any chain i played ( t16 weapon + t14/13 leather vs t15 weapon + t12 chain )

only thing i would agree is 90% of classes known as pdps can beat 90% of mdps classes in current state with equal skill, rest is just about playstyle of your raid

• hi,

in the upcoming patch for wl/s can you look into a different skill other than focus build up since it will already have knowledge acquisition.

i dont know maybe a skill that'll increase dark dmg for 20-30 secs with a cooldown.

thank you.

• There are still unplayable combos who nobody care about.

can you tell me which classes they are? not everyone is chasing meta to play only strongest dps every patch, but playing fun classes sometimes. useless =/= not strong

if you want to talk for rogues, im still saying r/m (maybe after r/w, because r/w is lesser dependent of good warlock support than other rogues due to high patk) is best rogue for overall yet there is not enough data in server to prove it because no r/m can play it properly in pugs i joined. and i can also say that rogue doesn't feel more overpowered than any chain i played ( t16 weapon + t14/13 leather vs t15 weapon + t12 chain )

only thing i would agree is 90% of classes known as pdps can beat 90% of mdps classes in current state with equal skill, rest is just about playstyle of your raid

sure we can talk about some other classes, Knight/warden for example, on dummies he is one of the best classes i have ever tried there. Thruth shield bash, hit over 20kk without buffing up. In rofl this class is non existant, way to less patk i did not try knight/warlock long time ago, but think he still have same problem. Warrior/druid, if you read skills he looks really nice. But he is Also non existant in rofl. Warrior/priest even slash and open flank hit double, he is far away from Warrior/champ or w/rouge. yes he have nice supports, so no need to be a meta class and is even funny to play. We can even talk about champ/ Warrior we have way better Tank combos in this game, so why is there no change you can play this class as dps too? And yes you will always see just meta classes in pugs, And I know rouge/mage are strong I saw it 1-2 times but then the guy leave our guild 😅 Also scouts always get balanced again and again I never played that class, but I still see people with full red gear do really good dmg in rofl and I see posts in forum from people who have full gold or close to be full gold and say scouts can not compare to other dps!? yes I would not say mages are weak, there are still good mage combos Our Mage/rouge is still the best burst Aoe class at adds after bosses but in sustain he lose then. But then the Mage/Warden are way better. but I also never played cloth dps and tbh I will never do so I don’t know much about mages.

• hi,

in the upcoming patch for wl/s can you look into a different skill other than focus build up since it will already have knowledge acquisition.

i dont know maybe a skill that'll increase dark dmg for 20-30 secs with a cooldown.

thank you.

I think it would be better as is considering its a all focus class and is capped at 100 , with the shot using 10 focus it’s definitely going to need the focus regeneration

• sure we can talk about some other classes, Knight/warden for example, on dummies he is one of the best classes i have ever tried there. Thruth shield bash, hit over 20kk without buffing up. In rofl this class is non existant, way to less patk i did not try knight/warlock long time ago, but think he still have same problem. Warrior/druid, if you read skills he looks really nice. But he is Also non existant in rofl. Warrior/priest even slash and open flank hit double, he is far away from Warrior/champ or w/rouge. yes he have nice supports, so no need to be a meta class and is even funny to play. We can even talk about champ/ Warrior we have way better Tank combos in this game, so why is there no change you can play this class as dps too? And yes you will always see just meta classes in pugs, And I know rouge/mage are strong I saw it 1-2 times but then the guy leave our guild 😅 Also scouts always get balanced again and again I never played that class, but I still see people with full red gear do really good dmg in rofl and I see posts in forum from people who have full gold or close to be full gold and say scouts can not compare to other dps!? yes I would not say mages are weak, there are still good mage combos Our Mage/rouge is still the best burst Aoe class at adds after bosses but in sustain he lose then. But then the Mage/Warden are way better. but I also never played cloth dps and tbh I will never do so I don’t know much about mages.

w/p is one of the best supports in game in terms of keeping party alive especially for short range squishy classes like rogue, m/r, m/ch, s/ch etc + squishy tanks for bosses, 18% damage loss for bosses is making huge difference and its permanent. so i don't see a reason to turn it into a dps to compete with other classes

i don't know why you want k/wd to compete with other pdps either, it is bulky offtank class 1.3kk hp and 1.5kk defense with dps equipment (it can be even more if you use tank buffs instead of dps) and is almost impossible to die as long as you have a regular tank, im against to make it compete with other dps as long as it keeps this survivality.

also warrior/druid got 5-10% buff with recent patch (check difference between physical damage and damage dealt), i don't know why you think they aren't changing it to be viable.

Edited once, last by espar91 ().

• sure we can talk about some other classes, Knight/warden for example, on dummies he is one of the best classes i have ever tried there. Thruth shield bash, hit over 20kk without buffing up. In rofl this class is non existant, way to less patk i did not try knight/warlock long time ago, but think he still have same problem. Warrior/druid, if you read skills he looks really nice. But he is Also non existant in rofl. Warrior/priest even slash and open flank hit double, he is far away from Warrior/champ or w/rouge. yes he have nice supports, so no need to be a meta class and is even funny to play. We can even talk about champ/ Warrior we have way better Tank combos in this game, so why is there no change you can play this class as dps too? And yes you will always see just meta classes in pugs, And I know rouge/mage are strong I saw it 1-2 times but then the guy leave our guild 😅 Also scouts always get balanced again and again I never played that class, but I still see people with full red gear do really good dmg in rofl and I see posts in forum from people who have full gold or close to be full gold and say scouts can not compare to other dps!? yes I would not say mages are weak, there are still good mage combos Our Mage/rouge is still the best burst Aoe class at adds after bosses but in sustain he lose then. But then the Mage/Warden are way better. but I also never played cloth dps and tbh I will never do so I don’t know much about mages.

w/p is one of the best supports in game in terms of keeping party alive especially for short range squishy classes like rogue, m/r, m/ch, s/ch etc + squishy tanks for bosses, 18% damage loss for bosses is making huge difference and its permanent. so i don't see a reason to turn it into a dps to compete with other classes

i don't know why you want k/wd to compete with other pdps either, it is bulky offtank class 1.3kk hp and 1.5kk defense with dps equipment (it can be even more if you use tank buffs instead of dps) and is almost impossible to die as long as you have a regular tank, im against to make it compete with other dps as long as it keeps this survivality.

also warrior/druid got 5-10% buff with recent patch (check difference between physical damage and damage dealt), i don't know why you think they aren't changing it to be viable.

I write Warrior/priest is good support so no need to be meta. Just for sure is the K/warden planned as an off tank, Why he have so much dps changes and 0 support? I think a ch/druid do this way better or even a champ/priest. Becaurse they can support and also deal dmg and off tanking when it’s needed.

• w/p is one of the best supports in game in terms of keeping party alive especially for short range squishy classes like rogue, m/r, m/ch, s/ch etc + squishy tanks for bosses, 18% damage loss for bosses is making huge difference and its permanent. so i don't see a reason to turn it into a dps to compete with other classes

I write Warrior/priest is good support so no need to be meta. Just for sure is the K/warden planned as an off tank, Why he have so much dps changes and 0 support? I think a ch/druid do this way better or even a champ/priest. Becaurse they can support and also deal dmg and off tanking when it’s needed.

Knight/warden deal decent damage Oo. In AOE Burst also a really strong class (knight-AOEs does not have decrement per target)

• So I had the chance to test Warden/Priest today and I must say its a really nice class combination which has quite the nice support. One thing I noticed is that if you heal with "Frantic Cure" (1490873) the healing nubers appear ~2sec after you use the heal. The heal is instant but the numbers appear later (like Aquatic Storm of Mage/Priest was at the beginning).

One thing I would suggest is that you change the ISS "Chaos of Greed" (490253) so that Divine Oak Walker can use this as well. Technically it is a Oak Walker (xD) and it would give this class a bit more (pdd) support. While I mention this skill, would it be possible to change the skill so that it increases both physical AND magical damage taken?

Edit: Overall the heal output is fine/good. In comparison to Druids or Priests it lacks a normal resuraction skill and an Attack/Damage buff but thats fine in my opinion since this class has other strong points/support skills.

Greetings.

Edited once, last by Laisha ().

• hi,

thank you.

I think it would be better as is considering its a all focus class and is capped at 100 , with the shot using 10 focus it’s definitely going to need the focus regeneration

i know burn, but i still want a burst...^^

also im looking forward to wl/k and i do recognize the defense buffs but also maybe a hp buff too like mind rune:D.

cheers

• ibut also maybe a hp buff too like mind rune:D.

cheers

That would be overpowered, doesn't need any hp buff :)

Maybe an aggro modifier in some aoe or a taunt wouldn't be a terrible idea tho. We will see when we can test how it performs in terms of aggro.

• but seriously please give wl/s another aoe.

I got a suggestion for that: Maybe shot could inflict splash damage (hit surrounding enemies) if it hits a target affected by Vampire Arrow DoT, like the MS with its fire rose, which is a pretty cool mechanic in my eyes. But in that case, VA itself should have no gcd trigger anymore.

• but seriously please give wl/s another aoe.

I got a suggestion for that: Maybe shot could inflict splash damage (hit surrounding enemies) if it hits a target affected by Vampire Arrow DoT, like the MS with its fire rose, which is a pretty cool mechanic in my eyes. But in that case, VA itself should have no gcd trigger anymore.

Hmm for me that mechanic never worked properly on m/s and is a waste of time 😆