Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Quote from Planned Change Log
    Changed Kaleks’ Crystal to increase physical defense by 100% instead of 2000.Changed Stable Herugrim Fluid to increase magical defense by 100% instead of 2000.Changed Mayvel’s Jumbled Thoughts to increase cast speed upon use instead of with chance while casting a spell.Changed Hlethfir’s Spike to increase magical attack upon use instead of with chance while casting a spell.Changed Dreamland Guardian’s Energy Crystal to increase physical critical hit rate by 3000 instead of 200, changed it to be activated upon use instead of with chance while attacking.Changed Atollop’s Fang to increase physical attack upon use instead of with chance while attacking.Changed Nightmare Blade Fragment to have a chance to gain stack with used offensive skills too.

This is actually a pretty cool planned change! I'm already using some dreamland amulets with my mdps sometimes, but using some with other classes seems really good to me. Appreciate that change very much :thumbup:

• Knight/Wrl

Punishment Strike is supposed to be greatly enhanced by the elite skill "Holy Punishment", in reality it hits so little that it is not worth using this skill.Compared to the skill "Punishment" it hits 4 times less.I suggest changing the point damage to a percentage, or changing the skill completely.

• Changed Guitar instrument to provide 20% attack speed additionally, attack speed portion of this effect will be overridden by attack speed portion of Lute.

Hmm why not do the same as sw titles? turn guitar or lute into both buffs, same numbers, no disadvantage to pdps or mdps. I really thought that was the idea behind this.

I recommend that too

• Hi,

When the Oak Walker skill Sepal Stab was updated and received its new damage values, the Sepal Stab skill of the Warden/Mage Oak Walker was not updated

Skill Sepal Stab
    Damage at level 100 Damage at level 104
    ID
    Before update regular Warden
    Before update Warden/Mage 1350
    After update regular Warden 1836 1908 493385
    After update Warden/Mage 1350 1402 498199

And thanks for this awesome game! &):thumbup:

• I was just thinking about Mage/Warrior, but the required buff gear would be too expensive, since M/W is an average mage class I think, not the best at all, but not bad as well. But I'm not motivated enough to build an entire new gear for 1 single class. So maybe some passive of M/W could be changed to enable wearing Chain Gear? Then we could just build a viable chain gear that could also be used for physical chain classes, but also for M/W for buffing as well. :/

• Didn't say anything about last mage changes so here I go.

-Thundestorm. I love it. It's some dmg we couldn't use before and an improvement in some aoe big pulls because we can do a faster combo. Classes who got highest buff from it m/r, m/wd, m/d and m/p which are classes with their own different aoe mechanic so its free dmg for them. Rest of mages who depend on thunderstorm to do aoe dmg, is risky to use it all the time but still a buff.

-Static field. Really nice change. Who got highest buff from this, m/r, m/wd, m/d and m/s.

M/k and m/ch are left behind, like useless kind behind. My suggestions:

-M/k: remove cd of stars of light again? Burst aoe dmg was already a disaster and by far the worst out of all mages.

-M/ch: As Persil said, the worst mage but in all terms, most unpleasant to play, worst dmg in most parts. This class was reworked and used to work good but with all the post changes to mages over the last months (and also to other dps), this class have huge problems.

We lose half of our possible static fields because our main instant skill require a bleed first. 2 possibilities, Voltage seize should make that bleed spread as aoe to other mobs (same mechanic as is planned to d/r). We cant afford to lose minimum 1 static field per mob to add a bleed. Another option is change voltage seize to a single skill not part of a "combo" and reduce cd to 1s like most of mages have. Numbers can be reduced if its too overpowered.

Turn plasma arrow into instant skill, 8s cd (3s cast for a buff skill is a disaster and worst thing out of every class I ever tested). Keep the rage regeneration of this skill always up, not lose it when we activate static field.

-M/wl. This class have weird elements. It gets way more wind buffs than fire but ISS aoe and second static field hit do fire dmg (O.o?). New reduce defense buff is a nice change, please remove its gcd so we can atleast try to do some dps in mobs and not just a debuffer. Wl/m is 100 times more fluent and efficient while doing both supporting and dmging. Same problem as m/ch, plasma arrow give a wind buff (mch give rage recovery) but doing static field remove that buff whick makes no sense.

-W/m: As Laisha said this class aoe is non existant. First step would be get x3 buff instantly and not when mobs are already dead. 100 rage recovery skill from warrior should give that stacked buff (exactly the same as you did on r/p). Once that is done, we can see how much dmg improvement aoes need.

-D/wl. It was going slowly progressing to be viable (comparing to mage which is what I usually play). Latest mage buffs left this druid underperforming. Also noticed the final skill of the single dmg combo is doing reaaaaaally low crit making the class depend completely on it to do any dmg (in boss burst). Crit hit, you can compete. Normal hit, you are useless and by far the worst dps (assuming boss didn't go inmune before you can finish the combo xD). Maybe improve crit of this skill when Focus of mother nature is on?

My propositions to get focus recovery on warp charge for example and improve dmg reduction from 80% to 83 or 85% are still on.

-D/r. As I pointed on my last post of this class, bleeds are as useless as expected. Same propositions I did are still on the table imho.

-Priest mdps. Dying to have any new about it :P

-W/k. Yes, isn't a mdps. Tanked with this the other day and aoes have huge problems to get aggro. Any possibility to add aggro modifier to any of them? My gear is plate full sta/hp and is hard some times.

Have a nice day everyone.

• I am just wondering after i spoke to some friends about s/ch. I think that change on gun mastery will be to much from 57% to 48% its 9%? Any1 else played lately s/ch and their opinion on this big nerf.

• Hello Arcadians, ^^

i want you to share my idea to improve single target damage of mages. You could increase the base damage for all burst attacks. So my hope is that the damage output could be enhanced on a fair level that physical dps and magical dps with equal gear have got a similar damage output. Maybe the good thing about it is, that you don't have to change the damage formula and can buff the mages in near time. I've got some examples for Burst Attacks below.

Greetings Miso!  :)

• I am just wondering after i spoke to some friends about s/ch. I think that change on gun mastery will be to much from 57% to 48% its 9%? Any1 else played lately s/ch and their opinion on this big nerf.

Yes I did a few days ago. It has the biggest burst of all scouts.

• Hello Arcadians, ^^

i want you to share my idea to improve single target damage of mages. You could increase the base damage for all burst attacks. So my hope is that the damage output could be enhanced on a fair level that physical dps and magical dps with equal gear have got a similar damage output. Maybe the good thing about it is, that you don't have to change the damage formula and can buff the mages in near time. I've got some examples for Burst Attacks below.

Greetings Miso! :)

But then I think a nerf on some mage classes in aoe damage is needed :D

Just my opinion, but I think one mage is the best AOE class atm

Yes I did a few days ago. It has the biggest burst of all scouts.

Yes but i dont agree its a 9% nerf a good idea :) maybe 5 would be ok but 9% is to much.

• Yes I did a few days ago. It has the biggest burst of all scouts.

Yes but i dont agree its a 9% nerf a good idea :) maybe 5 would be ok but 9% is to much.

s/ch might need even more nerf consideRing even sOme Bad damage dealers can deal ok damage wIth it :/

it was quite broken last time i tried it compared to some magical dps. i mean i am aware that almost any pdps is able to beat mdps in common circumstances but s/ch just felt broken

the world chico, and everything in it.

Edited once, last by espar91 ().

• Yes but i dont agree its a 9% nerf a good idea :) maybe 5 would be ok but 9% is to much.

s/ch might need even more nerf considering even some unskilled damage dealers can deal ok damage with it :/

it was quite broken last time i tried it compared to some magical dps. i mean i am aware that almost any pdps is able to beat mdps in common circumstances but s/ch just felt broken

Yes sorry. I did quite good dps with s/ch :D

• Heyho,

I can agree with most of the opinions shared here about the mage^^

Mage has nice aoe since the change of thunderstorm (which i appreciate very much <3)

He has a good aoe potential now - some combinations more, some less

But indeed the single target burst compared to most pdps classes is way lower.

As far as i know the mage/priest has the strongest single target burst out of all mage main combinations and he has 0 chacne to compete in single target burst to other top pdps classes.

Rogues, champs and scouts can deal way more burst dps on bosses.

But classes like mage/warrior can be good in longer fights like Astaroth (if not instantly bursted).

Also I wanted to say that the way wisdom and bravery works matches the identity of the class.

I Personally have a buffgear on a very good level and prefer the way with cloth gear instead of chain.

Greetings

• Hey Guys,

With this forum post I would like to give a few examples how one could make the warrior again a little more attractive than chain class. The champion is undisputedly the best chain class in the game and therefore I would like it if other chain classes are raised to a similar level for a change. What I would also like to emphasize at the beginning is that although the Mage (as you could read from the last forum posts, except Mage/Warrior) really has a low at the moment, the warrior in Damage leaves no chance with equal Gear.

What I can't understand is why you can implement patch notes like this: 10.4.0.2014

Warrior

• Reduced 2-H Weapon Mastery damage gain to 71% from 76.5%
    • Reduced 1-H Weapon Mastery damage gain to 76.5% from 82%.

Warrior/Rogue

• Changed Rage Crisis to increase physical attack power of caster instead of reducing defense of target.
    • Increased Blood Dance hit amount to 3 times instead of 2, increased channel time to 0.5 seconds, removed global cooldown trigger.

Warrior/Druid

• Reduced Rage of Calmness area damage gain to 12% from 40%.

into the game. I mean 0x0=0. And if you take even more away from some classes with such patches, the warrior will become even weaker despite good set skills. Enough rumbling, now to my ideas what could be changed to different warrior classes.

General:

It would be cool if the weapon damage is reset to the old level in terms of the Reduce of 1-H Weapon Mastery and 2-H Weapon Mastery from the above patch. The Warrior only gets half the weapon damage in the burst compared to other chain classes. But the percentages of attacks are similar, but the frequency of the warrior's attack is far too slow as the skills come out. Maybe there is a way to increase the number of skills coming out and also at this slow "attack speed", even though you are at 0.6 or so, you are very dependent on critical hits.

Warrior/Rogue:

This class is incredibly fun and here the frequency of attack is absolutely fine. But compared to other warrior classes, the hits here are simply too low to compete with dps with equal gear, despite the many attacks. Therefore, my idea would be to change the skill "Wütender Angriff" (picture in the appendix). You should increase the 210% fairly, because you define your damage and it is the main "attack". It would also be good to lower the cooldown to 50 seconds or reset Rage Crisis 4 seconds per tick, because in some situations simply "Wütender Angriff" is not ready.

Warrior/Champion:

In this class, the above problem with the outgoing skills occurs despite high attack speed and the critical hit probability that depends on it. For this purpose, my idea would be to change the "Rachelhieb" easily. The Damageboost does not start until the target is below 10%. But in 90% of all cases you have the problem that either 10% will be bursted in 0.5 seconds or the skill is not even ready at this time. For example, with the 2nd Boss in Rofl, this is completely useless because it disappears at 25% and the adds come. You could start the Damageboost at 30% and thus have the chance to use this skill at least 2 times in the burst phases if they take so long. What also struck me is that despite full attackspeed, fewer hits come out, as if you attack more slowly, for example in offburst. The damage numbers are logically much higher, but if the frequency of the skills is so slow, it would be better if you adjusted this so that attack speed skills trigger faster and the hits stay high.

Warrior/Druid:

This class simply takes far too long to reach its final attack, the "Earthly Strike". The damage numbers are unbelievably high, but since it takes so long and attacks so slowly, it would be cool if you can change the "Hieb" like the warrior/champion and spam between the skills. So it not only gets better in the offburst, but also in the trash you have the chance not only to play through the "Wirbelwind" buff with large mob groups damage, but also to do damage with individual mobs with the "Hieb".

Perhaps some suggestions can be implemented and can make the warrior more playable as a chain class in the future.

Greetings Ryzek :)

• The Damageboost does not start until the target is below 10%.

I wanted to clarify this, damage boost starts to be applied as long as target doesn't have maximum HP and gradually increasing until 10% HP.

Greetings

Ah Ok sorry, then in this case I misunderstood the skill description, because i didnt´t read correctly. Then I would come up with a new suggestion that the maximum damage boost of 200% starts at 30% or 35% and that the skill can be better used by both burst bosses and event bosses.

Greetings :)

• Mage/Champion

• Changed Electric Current Arc to reduce cast time of Plasma Arrow to 1 seconds and increase its damage from 2032 to 3600.

Thank you, this will make the class less horror to play. Sadly the low overall dmg is still a problem so changes on the combo to improve it are still required for this to become viable again but, It's a good start (check my previous post).

Mage/Scout

• Changed Shot to have cooldown based off of your ranged weapon.

Shot is 20-30% of our overall dmg, a change like this would destroy the class. We can't replace shot with other skills or swap to bow (there isn't any magical bow). Please reconsider.

• Mage/Scout

• Changed Shot to have cooldown based off of your ranged weapon.

Shot is 20-30% of our overall dmg, a change like this would destroy the class. We can't replace shot with other skills or swap to bow (there isn't any magical bow). Please reconsider.

I was just going to bring it up. Cd on shot right now is 1sec, if you going to change it like that it will be disaster (~50% skill dmg nerf ----> 2sec cd on xbow).

• Also

Scout

• Reduced Ranged Weapon Mastery damage gain to 38% from 43.2%.

This will affect magical scout s/wrl. Right now in my experience i don't think he need such nerf so please reconsider this change and exclude s/wrl from it. After latest patches he became less attractive to play and also his dmg in my opinion shouldn't be considered as too high.

Best Regards.

• Rogue/Knight

• Changed Poison Protection to Sinister Protection; Allows you to equip shield.
    • Changed Power of the Lion to increase your defense by 68% for 30 seconds, increased cooldown to 60 seconds.

Thanks for that <3