Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• S / M

This has already been mentioned, skill lev 60 ID 499548 is the only skill negatively influencing the characters I know. It lowers the attack speed and reduces damage - on a dps connection, and in range, it is completely unnecessary and at the same time lowers the potential of this connection. I suggest removing damage reduction and just adding that 10% physical speed.

• Hi,

"Target Lock" of Scout/warrior is a harmful effect, which is cancelled by clean of Priest. Can you change it, that it is not a harmful effect? :)

Furthermore it seems the class is underperforming everywhere. Every scout and rogue seems to do more aoe (except r/wrl) and single damage. And it feels very very slow with the movespeed debuff of target lock :D

Other opinions about S/W?

Edit: Maybe it only depends on movespeed debuff

• Idk i played s/w a bit and it actually feeled pretty good, for my gear t10/11 gold and t16 weapon it was on the same dmg as s/wd and a little bit below s/d. IDK how good he scales on higher gear but for me the class worked very good.

I actually think the 11% buff was fine and maybe 11 more % will make this class too good for bad gear.

• D/Wl

I had some time playing the "new" d/wl these days. The rota has become easier (instead of a 4 spell combo, now it's a 3 spell one), so burst is almost as good as a scout and AoE is now insane, equal to a warrior. As a dps, this class is just too broken. In a single guild run, I joined after B1 and was easily able to catch up in overall damage before Balton and reached the pole position in dmg on the way to Asta. At some points, I had aggro, because I forgot to equip my recon runes, but it didn't matter, because my dmg input was low enough to selfheal everything.

I mean, yea, I was called at Jerath, so it's reasonable that the overall damage was that high, since an average d/wl can solo 2 organs in a row with just food twice and a phoenix... what the f*ck?

This op'ness reminded me of the good old Warlock/Warden (which nowadays isn't more like a joke due to nerfs of doom), so I decided to try d/wl as a tank in the same gear I used for Wl/Wd. And WTF... just WTF... as a warlock, I had to control my psi all the time, put the mind barrier at an uptime of 90%+ or I would die. As a druid/warlock, I just click my transformation buff and here we go. There was not a single problem in an entire ROFL run. The aggro was very good, consistent. The class is a caster, so it needs 2-3 seconds at combat start, to catch aggro, but that's okay. Due to the huge amount of single target damage, a 330% aggro bar is far enough to hold aggro, even against Scouts (on Balton) these days. It's insane how easy the druid/warlock is for what it's able to do. Got a "champ shield form tank flashback" here, but the "druid shield form" is even stronger than the champ one by far!

I recorded a short video of this rofl run. I'd love to have such a range on my knight AoEs as well :love:

I have no intentions to play a warlock dps atm, since druid is much stronger (even equal to m/k btw, but mage balancing is just another pair of shoes), has a better utility and is overall more useful for the raid than another warlock*. As a tank, the druid can rezz, battlerezz, interrupt, heal itself (!) with 3-400k per second (got around 1kk hp as a tank btw), pull over distance, even with AoE, since Sandstorm has a huge range and radius AND is NOT interrupted by incoming damage. So you just stand there, spamming Sandstorm all the time and that's it.

As a dps, the d/wl is just too good. As a tank, it's better than most other tank classes, better than all warden tanks, warlock tanks, warrior tanks and the only thing that speaks against replacing a knight/mage is the missing AoE debuff. But by using a w/p additionally, even this weakness disappears.

* : In a raid with a wl/m, a second warlock seems to be useless in terms of additional support. Only the additional shield could be a thing, but it's not necessary normally.

So... long story short, druid/warlock either needs a massive nerf or give it additionally a taunt, aoe stun/interrupt or add a slow effect to Sandstorm. Just kidding, please nerf (the dps d/wl). <3

• I asked myself if anyone will ever report d/wl or if it will be noticed by the devs ^^. Also my thoughts, that the AOE and single target is insane. in sustain and burst. You don't lack of any dmg in any situation like for example mages have bad single target burst compared to scouts and rogues

Edit: I guess your tests was with new golden talisman?

• You don't lack of any dmg in any situation like for example mages have bad single target burst compared to scouts and rogues

Exactly, even for faster pacing combat you have earth arrows or even Sandstorm, which is also good as a single target instant <X

Edit: I guess your tests was with new golden talisman?

As dps yes, as a tank I used my shield in the run. Just built a tanky one today as well, that would fix some single-target burst-aggro issues due to faster cast I hope ^^ I mean, the dmg mitigation on the shield is useless while having hoto and golden jewelry and parry... who needs parry these days xD

• I completely agree. You not noly outdps almost every class in aoe dmg, but also in single target burst and even your sustain damage is insanely high. (with new talisman and wb title in ATS).

The only thing I have to disagree with is what Zyrex said about the organs... You don't need a phoenix to kill 2 organs. *sarcasm off*

Also I don't really know why there was an increment in base critical rate needed. I now have an overall crit rate between 85% and 95% on both skills. So I guess before the 10% it should've been 75% - 85% which is fine imho.

I suggest nerfing "Toxicologist" (1490619). This would nerf the all aspects since its overperfoming everywhere imo.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

Edited 2 times, last by Laisha ().

• Warmage:

The latest patch didn't really do anything for this class. Sure you hit 20% more often with sword but whitehit damage is still so low compared to your main damage skills (only between 20% and 30% overall), so the 20% more attack speed really don't matter much. So I suggest the following:

Give the weapon passive a 10% mdmg boost for 2h sword.

This will increase the horrible burst damage and the ok-ish aoe dmg.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Hello,

i have a suggestion for champion/warden. For now, I would like to mention that this champion class is by far the worst (regarding dps).

Would it be possible to modify shock overload so that it can also trigger with 2h axe. In addition, I think that the Aoe damage is much too low, especially for a champion. That you can not keep up in the single target, I think completely fine but the strength in the Aoe should be preserved in my opinion. Shock overload is important for damage on every champion class, so please allow us to use them.

Greetings

• Hello,

i have a suggestion for champion/warden. For now, I would like to mention that this champion class is by far the worst (regarding dps).

Would it be possible to modify shock overload so that it can also trigger with 2h axe. In addition, I think that the Aoe damage is much too low, especially for a champion. That you can not keep up in the single target, I think completely fine but the strength in the Aoe should be preserved in my opinion. Shock overload is important for damage on every champion class, so please allow us to use them.

Greetings

I completely disagree with this. As someone that almost exclusively plays ch/wd this would strip the class of it's identity and just make it a run of the mill champion like all others. Shock overload would also just strengthen the AoE further.

If the class is supposed to get buffs, removing the gcd on "Führung der Natur" (Guidance of nature? ID: 1490561) and maybe "Rasender Hieb" (Raging strike? ID: 1490561) Would suffice.

Have a blessed day,

Midan

• Identity or not. How are you going to make the aoe stronger that is not strong. Note that such a shock overload change has a positive effect on both aoe and single target for this class. Of course, further improvements could be made, such as removing the gcd (also explosion wave?) additionally to the skills you mentioned, but that would not solve the lack in aoe dmg.

Greetings

• The main reason I am against that change is the fact that the atypical playstyle forces you to adapt into a much more aggressive one, where you are basically the shadow of the tank and placed in the smack dab middle of the entire fight. For your explosion wave to hit as many people as possible, you cannot play the ch/wd like a regular champion - if you do, the class will pretty much suck. If you create the right circumstances for yourself, you can outdamage many other classes - especially considering that in raw numbers, no other champion can measure up to you.

Changing shock overload to be triggerable by axes would remove exactly that aspect and make the class a boring, run of the mill champion. The class could use a buff, mainly in aspects of usability (e.g. smoothness of play) so you can create more opportunities for yourself.

This would be done by removing GDC - though removing it from explosion wave would give the class potential to escalate insanely hard in situations of 15 or more monsters present. A more sensible change would be to simply boost the skills cooldown recovery, whereas every additional enemy beyond one reduces the CD by two seconds, not one.

The class will be fine then - not too broken, but fine. It's already one of the strongest classes in hoto with the myriad of defensive cooldowns it posesses.

• Hello,

Greetings

The weakest Champion ? We must be playing different games.

• ch/p wants to know your location

• You are inactive, you dont play at all. But you sure comment a lot on the forums. :)

• Apparently you play ch/wd in New World maybe :D.

I completely understand your description and know the playstyle with explosion wave - but i cant agree with outdps other classes. For me are valid conditions a wl/m as Support and not adding ch/dr, wr/pr, sc/pr. Then the class is for sure very strong and outdps everyone. But in guild runs it was a clear result and tbh i dont compare hoto for Feedback xD.

Greetings

• Let me get this straight:

- You're comparing a pretty good class with the absolute top end classes with maximum support (guild runs)

- You're disregarding a portion of the endgame cause it doesn't align with your view

- You're considering values of the obviously weaker class, ch/p, as a support DPS even though it has nothing special in terms of supp (It's main support gets overwritten and has a massive downside.)

Sorry mate. Your arguments are all inherently flawed as they (as is a trend in this thread) portray subjective experience as objective fact.

Ch/Wd maybe need's its GCD removed and the cooldown-reduction amped but otherwise the class is fine.

• The weakest Champion ? We must be playing different games.

You are inactive, you dont play at all. But you sure comment a lot on the forums. :)

I played Ch/Wd a lot before the buff to the weapon damage passive and I have played it after.

It was already a good class pre patch and it only has become stronger.

Claiming this class is too weak is just ridicolous.

• Of course, I compare the classes with the current strongest classes. Anything else would make no sense at all. It's not that there is only one strongest class, but many different strong classes with different equipment.

I have explicitly written that I only compare the class with a wl/m as support and no other support classes. Otherwise I can compare random runs and give feedback where conditions change from second to second. And of course I take the values of guild runs, because here in my opinion the classes can be compared best with each other.

I have absolutely no idea what I think I am disregarding with my suggestion xD.

I don't know what special support means for you now, but that champ/priest heals in addition to good damage at the same time, restores resources for the group, increases damage and reduces the damage suffered are considerable points in my opinion xD. Not to mention that every 8 seconds you remove a curse, harmful effect or poison from a group member ^^. I can't really report any disadvantages with this support.

In terms of subjective presentation of the experience, however, I agree with you, but nevertheless all arguments are based on results and you try to remain at least as objective as possible.

• You are inactive, you dont play at all. But you sure comment a lot on the forums. :)

I played Ch/Wd a lot before the buff to the weapon damage passive and I have played it after.

It was already a good class pre patch and it only has become stronger.

Claiming this class is too weak is just ridicolous.

I didnt make any claims, just asking the question if an inactive players oppinion should be valued at all. There is so much to test when it comes to class balance. Different setups, varying supports and so on.

I firmly believe its hard to make any statements while not playing enough runs.

• So the multitude of runs I did as Ch/Wd prior to the patch (that made the class a lot stronger) doesn't count ? Did Ryzek play the class in enough runs to validify his opinion in your eyes ? Yet you indirectly comment on a matter you only have second hand experience at.

An interesting take.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess, as questionable it might be.

I for one believe that trying to discredit someone's opinion from the get go is not a particularly convincing strategy of argumentation.

• I don't know what special support means for you now, but that champ/priest heals in addition to good damage at the same time, restores resources for the group, increases damage and reduces the damage suffered are considerable points in my opinion xD. Not to mention that every 8 seconds you :D Not to mention that every 8 seconds you :D remove a curse, harmful effect or poison from a group member ^^. I can't really report any disadvantages with this support.

1) The heal is absolutely meager. Not that there is any lack of heal anywhere anyway.

2) Suicidal Avalance get's overwritten by ch/d's knowledge of destruction. In addition IT INTERRUPTS PLAYING MUSIC FOR NO GODDAMN REASON. (this is a .gif, click on it pls)

3) The damage reduction is okay, but again, champion/druid has the same, albeit a weaker version.

4) Most of the debuffs in ROFL are untagged, therefore can't be cleaned. It's a random cleanse on one of the raid members and will not only target those with debuffs. It can target an unaffected raid member, rendering the skill useless at least half of the time.

In comparison to the ch/d support it's vastly inferior, in comparison to any champ dps it's bad, in comparison to the champ tanks it's bad.

The class is clunky, resource heavy, it's entire utility renders you to stay in party 1, it's damage is even lower than the ch/d's.
    The class has nothing going on for it. The only place it can be played is when overgeared to all hell in low level instances where you only get to do one hit on the mobs to get the aggro.

Of course, I compare the classes with the current strongest classes. Anything else would make no sense at all. It's not that there is only one strongest class, but many different strong classes with different equipment.

This exact way of looking at the game's balance leads to the circular motions we see since a year now - the ch/wd has a lower absolute peak performance potential than other classes, but it's damage is constant and it's one of the safest classes out there. Ch/wd is perfectly viable to play right now and I can count on one hand how many times I've been unfairly killed since working myself into the class.

In a Min-Maxed scenario you will always have a very small pool of classes to play, as for one situation they are the best, for another they aren't. It's literally impossible to balance at the very extremes of gear and skill and keep class identities alive. It just is.

This is why I brought up hoto. Grab yourself a ch/wd in there and watch the instance melt, in parts even harder than with a ch/wl - in addition to having your elven amulet ready at every pull and the two hit immunity letting you tank the deadliest aoes, your spike damage in mass pulls is a sight to behold.

Vertical balance (all classes competitive in one instance) is impossible, horizontal (each class has instances where they are good at) isn't. Classes shouldn't all be shoehorned into being super good in one instance when more than one is required/regularly ran. Different classes should be good in different instances. This is why I find the idea of nostalgia instances so darn intriguing - as multiple, same level instances allow the balancing team to diversify classes more and keep them strong in their aspect that makes them special without that aspect being useless.

Maybe there'll be an instance where the ch/ps random cleanse will be exactly what's needed. Maybe there will be an instance where the k/wds aggro juggling is actually good. Maybe there will be an instance where s/kn will be good (but probably not).