.PlayerNet - why?

• Will it be required to patch/update the arcadia server? I'd really prefer not to have to download something just to launch/patch a game I can already play without it.

• I dont understand the reasoning in forcing your players to download something that isn't needed to play. At this point, I feel like when I am forced to download the playernet launcher, I may move on to another game. I value what goes onto my system and this is software that really isn't needed.

• Official Post

We implemented .PlayerNet because we want offer players:
    - access to all games our games from one place
    - download games in simple way from CDN Networks (high download speed, not depended of country)
    - easy installation process
    and more useful things in future.

In similar way u can tell you dont explorer shell because you can browse your directories in commandline or ROM launcher because you can download manual patches.

Its just thinking about future of Stary3D, not about forcing for something.

• I value what goes onto my system and this is software that really isn't needed.

+1
    especially when this piece of software forces you to install a big load of other proprietary software

In similar way u can tell you dont explorer shell because you can browse your directories in commandline.

the comparison is misleading, most operating systems have a commandline besides the explorer shell.
    so it is up to the user to decide which interface he prefers to browse his files.

It just thinking about future or Stary3D, not about forcing for something.

i understand why you as a company want to have your own plattform for all of your products.
    but please don't force us to install it just for patching the client. the patcher is already in the
    runes of magic launcher so i see no reason to move it to the playernet client.

Closed the thread.

Added the Label Graphics/Engine