Crash results in game setting issues

• Good ol' Aussie internet went down a few times. What happens if the game crashes, internet crashes, etc is many of my settings go haywire when I log back on. Does anybody know how this can be avoided without being too much of a hassle?

• Official Post

In 'My Documents' directory you have 'Chronicles of Arcadia' directory where are stored all addons settings.
    You can just setup everything, close your game and make backup of it.
    In cases if your UI crash again you can just out it back, then all your settings will be like they was before.

In the past i also created batch script which can do it just by one click, and save it by date.
    You have to create backup.bat file, open it in notepad and paste content from this: https://ghostbin.co/paste/svvqr
    It create RoMBackup directory in place where you start it, and inside you have directory called by timestamp with all settings inside.
    It is working fine on enviroments where 'My Documents' are in default place, otherwise just need to edit line 18 with new path.

• I appreciate this, Int, very helpful as always. I did try something similar months ago but it didn't work. Before last patch my Runes of Magic directory was on a D drive so I'll be certain to see where the My Documents are in relation to it.

Thanks so much.

• My Documents and Game folder are also on D drive, and I modified script to zip archive with use of 7zip.

It actually works nicely and it is easy to restore settings. IMHO, all you need to restore is just SaveVariables.lua, as that is where all settings are stored.

I can upload modified code, if needed.

Closed the thread.