Paradise/Insomnia common Battleground Zone

• Official Post

Hey guys,

we are happy to announce that our development team has started to realize a common battleground zone for our both servers Paradise and Insomnia.

As you all know those two servers run on different content and player's levels, so the biggest hurdle is to balance this battleground well for both servers.
    To do that we have decided to use an arcanium arena like system, so that you will get a custom set of gears (which is the same for all players).
    Additional to that your level will be set to a certain level (which will be the same for all players too).

From this point we need your help, the best ideas always came out of this forum thats why we ask you for additional ideas:

• How could the gameplay in the BG zone look like?
    • What rewards could we use for both servers? Or should each server get own rewards?
    • What name do you suggest for this battleground?

Looking forward to read your suggestions :thumbup:

• I like this idea :thumbup:

How could the gameplay in the BG zone look like?

It would be nice if we have something totally new on pvp. I would like to see 1 zone that you can enter at all times (next to the normal pve zones). I have seen something nice on another old game I used to play. There it was based on "the good vs the dark side" (which could be made paradise vs insomnia). Basically you had a zone with water, hills, small places to "hide" behind, and even with mobs that could attack you. 1 side started at their safe spot (couldn't be entered by opponent or npc guards kill you) and the other at their safe spot. Somewhere in the middle of the map was some tower you could occupy. If you defended this for x amount of time with your side, your whole side would get some buff (like increased xp/tp). Since this last may be a bit hard to do for RoM, also with the eye on some wanting to play original way, maybe this buff could only apply to the ones on the battle ground. And give xp/tp for killing others or higher points for killing others or something. This battlefield could maybe give some currency points as a reward which you can exchange with npc's on the battlefield, or npcs on some main city outside battlefield. I think this style of pvp would be great for the real pvp fans that want a sort of open world pvp. However, no item drops here. And indeed preset skills/gears like Arcanium style.

What rewards could we use for both servers? Or should each server get own rewards?

This depends on the rewards given out. For sure it has to be worth it for players else nobody will join PVP (see the amount of players entering Karros/Visdun etc). It has to be fun, challenging (read able to show off yourself in a way of visible ranking/titles for amounts of kills etc). This last can be 2 points for killer and 1 point for if you are near the person (like SW has in example). Possible rewards could be SW badges, pvp gears, special pvp (battleground only) foods/potions/buffs, guild mats, certain gear runes or plussing jewels... I am just naming some things :P

What name do you suggest for this battleground?

Name wise I have no clue for a nice name.

Kochanie :love:
    Insomnia Server

D 55 / Wd 55
    WINTERFELL GUILD

• Hello,
    How could the gameplay in the BG zone look like?

I think that gameplay should look like real pvp. I do not believe that real pvp should be 1 shot or 2 shots. Like in WoW, it takes lot of efforts and skills to get the person down. Make each skill count to win the battle, that just doesn't mean reducing the dmg of the skills in the Arena. I could talk more about it later.. it if you guys want to hear it.
    What rewards could we use for both servers? Or should each server get own rewards?
    I would assume that reward should be something that would interest both parties (Paradise and Insomnia) so that they would play the BG. Make reward something interesting so it motivates players to play the BG.
    What name do you suggest for this battleground?
    Insidia battleground: its a combination of Paradise and Insomnia.

Code
    Insidia Battleground Live

Regards,
    antiDev :!:

• well if you are talking entire server V server then there are a few things to think about.

Numbers- if one server has 50 people log in and the other has 10 people log in then it's pretty obvious who will win because on a straight out battle 10 can't beat 50. Nothing to say it has to be a straight out battle though, castle and defending structures can balance out that 10 to 50 but you wouldn't know the numbers before the match actually started.

Timezone- if it is like Siege atm where the match goes for a specific period of time then you need to consider the play time of the majority of people, siege is currently very regular and so people can organise their guild for a time that suits them but what you get is guilds just playing against an alt guild because there is no one else to play. If you had it going constantly then it probably wouldn't work because most of the time there would be very few people actually in the "zone"

Reward- if you make it anything like diamonds then people will just log in 20 alts to boost up their diamond pool, so that is probably not a good idea. If you make it something useless then people will be less likely to actually do it, some definitely would play it for the challenge but majority of people want a reward. If you make it character specific then it won't work either and having the same reward every time also wouldn't work.

Play style- since RoM has tanks, healers and DPS you might need to take that into consideration, if the style is a pure DPS fight then tanks will feel useless and be less likely to play. I have been in many G v G fights in other games and you can adapt play to suit, heavy chars like tanks run in hard while more squishy chars hang back and heal/dps from a distance, these are lost of fun but it comes back to numbers, 50 will always beat 10 every time regardless of char types. Now if you had structures that are guarded by NPC that then need to be defended that can work for the 10 but as I said before you wouldn't know who has 10 or 50 before the match starts.

So basically I didn't give any real ideas but just gave you things to think about =)

• Hi, first of all, great to hear you also focus improving the pvp in runes of magic :)
    But, lets think about what pvp was in runes of magic. It was always a thing to show other people who got the best gear. Because thats what runes of magic is made for, getting the best gear. To be honest, the pvp in runes of magic is not that balanced like in wow, not only because of the dmg you deal... its also because it´s more laggy, you have more bugs, you dont have that much skill etc.
    I want to say, you should not make PVP completely independently from PVE.
    People who farmed a lot and have great PVE gear should have an andvantage in PVP also. Thats my opinion. So you still want to farm and gear yourself to show others in the arena: I´m the one who F***ed you :P Or even guilds can fight for their fame and show others what they are like.
    The hard thing is now how to combine PVE and PVP a little. Not like it is now, but maybe someone else got a good idea how to scale your PVE gear with PVP.
    But what is less important in pvp at the moment is skill. If you are a mage, you only need some matk and you can oneshot most of the players when you get the firsthit and thats just stupid.
    So maybe you can create a pvp gear only for pvp, but lets say your stats that you reach with your pve gear scale with 10% on top of your pvp gear. (meant for Insomnia server)
    For Paradise server i dont know. Maybe its possible to make it scale 1% on top of your pvp gear. (just dreaming i dont know if this scales make sence)

• Official Post

Thanks for all your suggestions, keep going! :thumbup:

And no cuddles, of course we are not talking about entire server vs server :huh:
    It's about a regular battlefield with queue, only that both servers will have access to the same queue and battleground zone

• Greeting,
    I have couple of ideas for how the BG should like.

#1: What if we merge pvp and pve for the battleground. Let me explain. There is 2 teams and 4 objectives; kill opponents , seize towers, and sly bosses and mini bosses. Let me go indepth with Bosses and mini bosses. Into 3-4 mins into the fight, mini bosses spawn around the map, which teams can kill and get essence; I will explain what that is used for later on. Then in 15-18 mins into the battle; boss spawns which you could do same thing. I believe these boss fights would last around 2-3 mins and here is the twist, other team can kill the opponents when they are doing thr boss and take the loot. Bosses will require tactic and good skills to kill them.

#2: We can do the elimination rounds, each round they kill opponent and get gold to get better gears and stats for next round.

Prize:
    #1: I think for this idea and #2, essence will be used to buy gears and stats for the real account. We could even make this currency part of Arcadia, like there is Dias. We can probably use essence to buy items off Item Shop.

Essence for idea #1 should be given based off the number of points. You get 1 point for assist and seize towers, 2 points for killing the enemy. It should be 2x for the prize where X is number of points. You can also get essence from killing the boss.
    Essence for idea #2 should be given based off number of rounds won, 4x where X is number of rounds won.

I am pretty sure we can make great BG and one that everyone will enjoy. We can combine people's idea and make a awesome "Incidia Battleground."

Regards,

antiDevil

• But, lets think about what pvp was in runes of magic. It was always a thing to show other people who got the best gear.

Nah, pvp in runes is more like which rogue attacks 1st out of hide.
    Runes pvp is all about who 1-hits first, not that much about gear.

I don't need battlegrounds. the normal runes battlegrounds and arenas are boring. arcanium arena is boring.
    just bring back some good old open world pvp with dropsystem like it was before chapter 4.

• Quoted from "Saskia69"

But, lets think about what pvp was in runes of magic. It was always a thing to show other people who got the best gear.

I don't need battlegrounds. the normal runes battlegrounds and arenas are boring. arcanium arena is boring.
    just bring back some good old open world pvp with dropsystem like it was before chapter 4.

just bring back some good old open world pvp with dropsystem like it was before chapter 4

I think you got me wrong, i just said why people did pvp. In my opinion i enjoyed killing someone from another guild that i didn´t like :D
    For sure it was 1 hitting i never said something different...

Doing open world pvp was the most fun thing in runes of magic. The kick when you get killed and are afraid of dropping...just nice, but for that experience the whole world should have been open for PVP. And the server is PVE so we can forget about that i think.

• Quoted from "Saskia69"

But, lets think about what pvp was in runes of magic. It was always a thing to show other people who got the best gear.

Open world pvp is the worst thing ever in runs of magic this is why I play on pve server I don't wanna drop my gear which cost a lot of time and money. The only pvp thing I like is sw. U get nice titles which helps u to get better burst in boss fights.

• Best idea

• The pvp with boss sounds a bit like something I have seen in another game as well. This was fun as long as everyone was balanced out.

Its easiest to explain with this map picture.

You have 2 teams (server doesn't matter). Purple team and green team in this example. Each team enters on their own safe zone (green side or purple side on map). When your team is winning side (pointwise) and you are not killed too much, you get the option to res in the middle (which gives advantage). In the circle are several towers to occupy. Occupying them gives points and you should aim to occupy and defend all of them to win.You kill opponents to make sure they don't take your towers. Towers are not guarded by mobs or npc's. The ones defending them are solely players themselves. Killing them gives points but not so many as taking towers. The goals is to reach x amount of team points total in battle to win. On this map you also see in the bottom a small spot where a boss will spawn. This boss is not easy to kill, but team that kills it will win the fight as a whole since this boss will give the full points needed to win. The spawn time of this boss is totally random so you can't predict when it comes. The light spots on the map are walls so you can hide away from opponents a little.

In this pvp it doesn't matter much as player if you get killed a lot or not. You can't drop any items.

Score is as following:

occupy a tower: this gives the most points possible, ie 15 points
    last hit kill : max points for if you kill the opponent (you do the last hit), ie 5 points
    team kill: half of points for kill (only get this when you are near the ones that did the kill and you helped kill) ie 2 points
    you die: this won't gain you any points.

Ranking:

In every team is a ranking, the more kill /occupy points you have total the higher in rank of that battle you are. The top 3 gets best rewards.

In the end everyone will get some points, if you die a lot or not. As long as you participate. If you don't participate you will gain no points and thus no rewards. It doesn't influence much if you are a healer, a tank or a dps since its a team effort (all classes can do a last hit now and then and ofc occupy a tower)

Kochanie :love:
    Insomnia Server

D 55 / Wd 55
    WINTERFELL GUILD

• Hello, Kochanie :)
    I think that idea is not bad. However, that map is little easy to figure out, currently I am working on diagram that better represents my idea #1 and make it visualize better. I think map should be little puzzled and bosses spawn at random locations. I am still working on this idea.
    Regards,
    antiDevil

Closed the thread.