Posts by Kochanie

Haha yes we have them, however I found none yet till now. (No showing title symbols either that might give something away this time).

Int informed me Paradise doesn't have them this year's festival. So goes my hope on a lot of players that may have found some lol

Like Izii I play on Insomnia server. I also played like you a long time on the servers you played at.

Pro points of Insomnia server (Runes of Magic Legacy):

- Fast support
    - Fast fixes (if possible already on same day)
    - Short maintenances (since December didn't see rollbacks or any of that kind)
    - Active GM's and visible in game

Compared to your old server we got:

- The original item shop (no <selfcensored> remake based on webpage that takes 10 mins+ to load)
    - Diamonds in AH
    - Barely to no botters/hackers (or well so far I saw none)
    - Working instances (some with changed and challenging tactics instead of burn)

Events we sometimes have loot drop/xp/tp events (either globally or ini specific).

As for Paradise, I have heard they also got a Cedric npc there (but this may come in future on Insomnia too, idk)

And most of all, the team behind Arcadia seems to actually care about the game and players :D

I agree with above however point 3 may not be so hard if the event actually was fixed (which it never was).

But hard to get... its quite difficult to say. Current music parade titles are extremely hard to get on insomnia server atm since nobody is willing to help with it. Have a not playing friend helping me with army of alts but even then we often get double instruments. But this issue would count for all cooperative events. But this solely depends on the community on server itself.

p.s point 1, I thought I once got on dwarf but guess not then.

Not playing on Paradise here so can only base myself on Insomnia and experience from where I played in past...

1. Something to check: there is a title in dust devil canyon (the camp with the blackie quest) where you get some membership title if you are female. Someone could check if you can get it after changing gender or not.
    > This title "Ecology Research Team Member" should be available for all genders and races afaik. You just have to choose the right chat option at npc once you get there 1st time.

2. Dwarf titles are unobtainable to other races (even if you change race to dwarf)
    > correct not obtainable for non dwarf.

3. EOJ Event in Redhill Mountains that gives the last zone title
    > have heard rumors it is obtainable / was obtainable once, but the event seems to be broken ever since it came out and will take a long time to complete (you will spend a couple of hours there and you can't fail).

4. Perfect tile combinations from Aeternal Circle
    > should be obtainable but purely luck based to get all correct.

5. Rune Splinter title, obtain 30,000 at once (something like this, this title is possible, will leave to playerbase discussion for now)
    > should be obtainable but purely luck based.

6. 20 flowergod messengers - festival title (highly annoying but obtainable, if it doesn't break and the npcs don't spawn, player discussion)
    > obtainable but means effort and cooperating npc's as mentioned. This same applies for all festival events that needs searching npc's as well as other players to help out.

Titles like nemesis of the undead (fa), and the one from MA are obtainable but have level requirements, once passed with 1 of your classes you cannot do no more.

Hi Gjiara,

If I do that, I loose my parade activity buff and npc will only say "please come back tomorrow to join our event" (or similar). Maybe it is different on Paradise. I don't know. This is what I experienced on Insomnia :D

After 40 minutes of pain I finally managed to get 1 title...

What you do.

1. First complete the task of npc (if it wants you to bring a sax, buff a sax, then own instrument and task completes but DO NOT hand in.
    2. Wait all buffs to disappear since we can't click them away.
    3. Buff yourself with the correct buffs (others have to cast this on you, parade npc's are unavailable to click now). ALWAYS your own instrument last. Note: you can only do a title that needs your instrument and you can get only 1 title a day.
    4. Talk to npc, itt will not show you any other option than "I have completed this task".
    5. Wait a approx a minute or 8. Talk to npc again, now it should show 2 options. Choose the special melody one.

You get your title, your task completes...

Now you have to get lucky to get an available task instrument and a good own instrument the next day (and a huge alt army to help you get all buffs).

The pvp with boss sounds a bit like something I have seen in another game as well. This was fun as long as everyone was balanced out.

Its easiest to explain with this map picture.

You have 2 teams (server doesn't matter). Purple team and green team in this example. Each team enters on their own safe zone (green side or purple side on map). When your team is winning side (pointwise) and you are not killed too much, you get the option to res in the middle (which gives advantage). In the circle are several towers to occupy. Occupying them gives points and you should aim to occupy and defend all of them to win.You kill opponents to make sure they don't take your towers. Towers are not guarded by mobs or npc's. The ones defending them are solely players themselves. Killing them gives points but not so many as taking towers. The goals is to reach x amount of team points total in battle to win. On this map you also see in the bottom a small spot where a boss will spawn. This boss is not easy to kill, but team that kills it will win the fight as a whole since this boss will give the full points needed to win. The spawn time of this boss is totally random so you can't predict when it comes. The light spots on the map are walls so you can hide away from opponents a little.

In this pvp it doesn't matter much as player if you get killed a lot or not. You can't drop any items.

Score is as following:

occupy a tower: this gives the most points possible, ie 15 points
    last hit kill : max points for if you kill the opponent (you do the last hit), ie 5 points
    team kill: half of points for kill (only get this when you are near the ones that did the kill and you helped kill) ie 2 points
    you die: this won't gain you any points.

Ranking:

In every team is a ranking, the more kill /occupy points you have total the higher in rank of that battle you are. The top 3 gets best rewards.

In the end everyone will get some points, if you die a lot or not. As long as you participate. If you don't participate you will gain no points and thus no rewards. It doesn't influence much if you are a healer, a tank or a dps since its a team effort (all classes can do a last hit now and then and ofc occupy a tower)

I like this idea :thumbup:

How could the gameplay in the BG zone look like?

It would be nice if we have something totally new on pvp. I would like to see 1 zone that you can enter at all times (next to the normal pve zones). I have seen something nice on another old game I used to play. There it was based on "the good vs the dark side" (which could be made paradise vs insomnia). Basically you had a zone with water, hills, small places to "hide" behind, and even with mobs that could attack you. 1 side started at their safe spot (couldn't be entered by opponent or npc guards kill you) and the other at their safe spot. Somewhere in the middle of the map was some tower you could occupy. If you defended this for x amount of time with your side, your whole side would get some buff (like increased xp/tp). Since this last may be a bit hard to do for RoM, also with the eye on some wanting to play original way, maybe this buff could only apply to the ones on the battle ground. And give xp/tp for killing others or higher points for killing others or something. This battlefield could maybe give some currency points as a reward which you can exchange with npc's on the battlefield, or npcs on some main city outside battlefield. I think this style of pvp would be great for the real pvp fans that want a sort of open world pvp. However, no item drops here. And indeed preset skills/gears like Arcanium style.

What rewards could we use for both servers? Or should each server get own rewards?

This depends on the rewards given out. For sure it has to be worth it for players else nobody will join PVP (see the amount of players entering Karros/Visdun etc). It has to be fun, challenging (read able to show off yourself in a way of visible ranking/titles for amounts of kills etc). This last can be 2 points for killer and 1 point for if you are near the person (like SW has in example). Possible rewards could be SW badges, pvp gears, special pvp (battleground only) foods/potions/buffs, guild mats, certain gear runes or plussing jewels... I am just naming some things :P

What name do you suggest for this battleground?

Name wise I have no clue for a nice name.