Posts by mrugal82

I am literally not judging your playstyle, stop pretending I am.

So stop giving me advices i didn’t ask.

What I am doing is telling you that the nerf to the semi-afk priest playstyle is

well deserved
    completely necessary
    not killing the class combination at all

as the combination of p/d was entirely too easy. It was a literal no brainer - now it's a no-brainer with a cost attached to it.

It’s not well deserved because it’s not semi-afk priest playstyle. His AoE healing skills have their advantages and disadvantages. Healing Void:

1. Advantages:

- huge healing for ppl staying in circle,

- decrease damage received by 5%,

- increase healing received by 5%,

- heals if healer is stunned.

2.Disadvantages:

- doesn’t do anything if ppl stay out of the circle,

- you can’t cast it on another place untill first circle end (20s),

- you can’t control healing effect, if ppl lose HP you have to wait 4s for first healing after cast.

Chain of Life:

1. Advantages:

- it triggers healing every 10s if tank get a hit,

- it gives 8% wisdom,

- it gives 50% damage reduction if bond breaks.

2.Disadvantages:

-you can’t control its healing so you can’t use its healing when it’s needed,

- the bond can breake easily when tank runs to pull trash.

I can’t agree with you. Every time i go this class combo i mostly heal by Urgent because placing Healing Void on trash is pointless when DPS kill trash in seconds. I really don’t get your point with Mana Retention. Nerfing skill to the ground instead of making it well balanced for everyone. Additionally you suggest that every healer who likes heal on p/d doesn’t use his brain. Have you ever play p/s? You can almost spam healing arrow wherever so p/s is much easier. Did you see plans for other priest combinations? P/d is definetely gonna die because of this huge nerfs.

What do you think about kittycombo? Don’t you think playing every DPS class using only one button is „no-brainer”?

Without the, as you admit yourself, overpowered mana retention you'll run out of mana while spamming a 35% mana skill. Thats how it should be.

In all other cases you can still do as every other combination under the sun here has to: take a magical fruit paste and cut those 35% to 26,25% and all your other costs in the process too. If the costs are still too much, take a pot.

It wasn’t overpowered for healers but for DPS. 60% mana regen for healer was ok and 50% would be ok too. If i run out of mana it’s completely enough to use pot or Mana Retention not both. Nerf on Mana Retention makes me only to choose pot and no more. Ofc i can do as every combination does but p/d got possibility to regen mana without using pots and it was part of this class. Nerf Mana Retention should touch only DPS which could spam their mana draining skills for 10s.

It'll still be the easiest healer,

The easiest healers are p/s and d/p not p/d.

I think my sternliness is being misunderstood as hostility. It is not. I'm just presenting options on how to manage these issues coming up. This is why I tell others that they just need to adjust their playstyle. Adjust what you're doing and you'll see yourself having a lot more success. I do not see the issue and the issue won't come up for me again - I'll just take phirius potions if I need

It’s easier for everyone to click one potion and get 60% mana but where was the difference between potion and skill? The difference was Mana Retention gave 500-600k mana for everyone every 60 seconds and i agree that was op because DPS had full mana for 10 seconds but healer not if he used too much skills that costs percentage mana but changing it to give flat 50k mana isn’t a solution. The most fair solution is to change skill to give percentage mana (50%) every 60-120s. To be clear i don’t spend so much mana to use Mana Retention and potion in the same time but should the skill gives sufficient amount of mana only for DPS classes? That’s why this nerf is too big. Changing it to be percentage skill would make it to be adjusted.

Your argument is literally "I don't want to use potions to sustain my mana" when that's exactly what they're targeting. Here's your challenge that you want: Managing your resources. It's the only challenge healers are presented with now. It's not the end all be all, but it's a good start

It’s completely not because using potion which regen your mana instantly is more comfortable. The only think i don’t want is to not change this skill to be useless and forgotten.

In addition: I used my status as solohealing rofl in shit gear to demonstrate how stupidly easily healing is, not to put others down. There are much better healers than me. There are also worse. I do not mean to put anyone down, I am making a point on the fact that, as you said, there is no challenge for healers

The fact is you can skip inis by buffing your DPS and it’s the only reason you don’t have to heal so much. If you don’t want put anyone down just stop using passive-aggressive language like „adjust your playstyle” because who are you to judge ppls’ playstyle.

I could say worse DPS use kitty and worse healers spend more mana so does it mean kitty should be removed just like amount of mana for healers from Mana Retention?

've played heal for a while now. Never had mana issues. You have options and healing is entirely too easy. I've healed rofl solo in t8, badly statted heal gear

I’ve healed solo rofl with t8 gorge eq so now does it mean my opinion is better than yours?

Yeah, healers heal better if they use all their options, but the ISS is just an excuse for laziness. Sucks lots of mana and heals just enough to be good.

Who said that anyone use this ISS when it’s available?

Using a heal addon makes healing insanely easy, to a point where most healers don't have their interface nearly as full - Come on. You gotta pot once every 30 seconds now or keep up magical paste every two minutes. It's not that hard. If anything, it evens the scale. I'm really, really happy with the changes. Adjust your playstyle. DPS do it once every week.

It’s not making healing insanely easy, healing is easy because endgame inis aren’t any challange. One rofl run takes 40 mins. What playstyle are you talking about? Running through the ini? Come on. DPS doesn’t change playstyle but only kittycombo.

To your question: I figure the nerf to mana retention is there to reduce the amount of support these classes give. They're by far the easiest to play and have the strongest forms of support - something that cannot happen if you ever want to see any other class than that again. I see the logic: keep the heal unchanged so there is an easy class for newbies to pick up but remove much of the support so there is a way up

Ok but still there is better solution to reduce mana support from p/d, Mana Retention could restore 10% mana per 2s for 10s and that’s it. 50% mana for everyone would be fair enough.

Pls stop telling ppl who is better or worse as long as kitty is available. And „adjust your playstyle” shows your lack of arguments in every discussion you use this sentence.

I thought healer has 1kk mana to not lose it as fast as dps.

You thought wrong. Heals have as much mana as a byproduct from wisdom.

Ah of course you think better. It's not like dps has everything in kitty right? And healers don't have to focus on 12 positions on addon. Are they? So huge amount of mana is not to help them focus only on healing and supporting. Now i get your point. 98 priest ISS is strong af so it deserves to cost 35% mana. Tell me where is the point of nerfing mana retention? To not use it?

PS: Healers heals the best if they use full potential of their class including 98 priest ISS.

I thought healer has 1kk mana to not lose it as fast as dps.

• Increased Mana Retention cooldown to 120 seconds from 60, changed MP recovery amount to 9980 fixed value from 473 heal power scaling value.

i dont know if this is a good idea

normal healers should have around 1kk mana so this skill would only provide 10% mana (10s x 10k fixed mana = 100k)

--> Every 2 min i get 10% of my mana???!!

No, it’s fine! It’s another five stacks of Camellia Flower. Healers should help each other 😂

D/Wd

I suggest to change Gift Pulse a bit:

- healing magic pulses from the caster healing 10% of max hp every player in raid in radius of 150 from the caster every 2 seconds for 30 seconds,

- every pulse consumes 1 Point of Nature so if caster doesn’t have any of it the spell won’t heal,

- cooldown 2-3 min.

It would be really cool if we get smart nerf like that but there is a lack of percentage AoE dmg from bosses too, for example first boss after say „No” doesn’t deal any dmg so healers can go and make a tea or coffee. Imo class balance will never end because there are too many class combinations to balance them all and i would like to suggest some small changes on healing and tanking class with every patch.

You didn’t understand what i wrote. We can’t compare anything if RoFL is the highest ini because you don’t even need so much heal. When your dds kill all mobs in few seconds they can’t even use their dots. The strongest HEALER heal the strongest so the strongest healer is d/p, p/d and p/s. P/M is definetely more supportive healer with less healing potential. I understand your point of view but even p/m needs changes to make him stronger in healing. I really hope we will get harder ini because it’s really disapointing when healer without any AoE healing elite skill can heal ini solo, isn’t it?

PS: Damage has been reduced about 30% maybe healing should be reduced too?

Are you guys really talking about healer balancing? :D Just a hint - there was a druid/warlock brought as a dps some time ago, but since then I saw more healers playing that class than dps players :/ So even if a class is changed/designed as a dps, it can - generally spoken - still be a viable healer class, since - as we all surely agree - heal is "op" these days and should be drastically nerfed to make the secondary class matter.

Conclusion: it doesn't matter at all, which heal class heals the most amount, only the support for the raid matters. From my perspective as a tank, it doesn't matter if I'm healed by a priest/mage or priest/druid or priest/scout or even priest/rogue. The only difference is: my fps don't suck at priest/mage. :whistling:

If we will get harder ini with a lot of AoE dmg from bosses I'm pretty sure healers go back to the strongest class combos. Honestly i don't see class balance at all, I see dds balance only. I don't see any difference in fps even with d/s, just turn off animations. RoFL isn't a good example if you talking about anything because every endgame party just run ahead and doesn't care about anything.

You're right but if we will afraid of changes they will never come. We should sometimes take a risk.

Strange, while i go as a Druid i heal much more because Fountain is faster than Urgent or Curing shot so i can heal the others before Priest cast one Urgent.

That discussion is not about removing Fountain. Remove patk/matk buff from Priest and this class will be dead. Change my mind.

I can change your mind easily. Druid/Warlock as a dps and now they working on Druid/Rogue and Druid/Mage. Even Druid/Warrior would be alive.

So you want to make Priest another support. It's good to know that Druid should be the one right healer. Priest will never be another Druid. Do you really think any healing class that has AoE healing skill is another Druid? Let's remove Healing Void, Chain of Life and Curing shot from Priest's kit. Priest didn't die yet because he has patk/matk buff. Many classes have damage mitigation skills and what skills on Priest are you talking about? Wave Armor, Divine Shield or Blessing of Rebirth? Some Druids have damage mitigation skill? Druid without subclass has 40% damage mitigation skill while Priest has Wave Armor. Compare it. Druid/Champion has another AoE healing skill too (Essence of Vitality).

There is gonna be the same situation like in RoM. Druid is required to be in pt as a best healer and Priest as an addition. So it will be still better to take another Druid and Priest/Warrior as a supporting dps. Group Heal needs change and you can't deny it.

Thamks!

If you will need more healing for maybe next content there is a better way just take another Druid which can help in healing all raid and tank. Single target healing and GH was best in 6ppl dungeons but not now. Priest was the best as long as dungeons were only for 6ppl. Keeping GH only for 6ppl and with that range is pointless for this content and probably for next content when dungeons are for 12ppl. You says that Group Heal is very good skill so why ppl taking Scout or Druid on subclass? To use Group Heal or have better AoE healing skill?

I don't agree with Melodic with hp and defense on healers. Dpss and tanks making items with 6 similar stats so making healers tankier isn't intended by Team as we can see how they nerfed that and i agree with it. Btw they should also increase patk from dex for Scouts and Rogues and reduce patk from Strenght.

Making Priests as good as Druid is a bad think because it makes you nervous? Ok. You don't need single target healing on RoFL? What about Jerath? And still Druid can heal it easily because he has Recover and Fountain but Recover is enough. When next content follows with that change Priest will be as good as Druid is so every class combo you will chose will be good option. Druid won't be worse with that change. Class balance will never end just take a look on dps balance: M/D - dead, M/K - dead, Wl/Ch - also dead and there is more dead class which has been killed during class balance. Class balance now looks like in League of Legends for example.

You want me to understand why Group Heal is great skill but in the end you encourage me to play class with another AoE healing skill. I played this class and it's pretty good but after 30s of Spirit Embodiment you're lack of AoE healing. Maybe change Touch of Revival for 4s cooldown and 10 focus cost but you guys also say that Team should focus on dps classes. Change Group Heal would be the best and the fastest option to make Priest as strong as Druid. Healing isn't funny when your healing possibilities dissapear after 30s. Druid is still much easier and better to play than Priest and it will be without changes.

Thamks!

D/M has another raid HoT, D/W has second AoE healing skill, D/Wd has healing Briar Shield, D/K has 2 additional AoE healing skills like Shield of Discipline and Punishment, D/Ch has Essence of Vitality which is his second AoE healing skill so still Druid has more potential to heal all raid easily, even without raid HoTs (but HoT from Recover still helps a lot). Nobody wants RoMv2.0. so Priest should get AoE healing skill to protect him from being only physical dps for patk/matk buff with 2 Druids in pt. Vision with synergy Priest and Druid is beautiful but everybody knows how it ended on global. Only D/W or D/Wd was needed and in hard situations ppl took second Druid.