Posts by Serenadae

I don’t know who “how” and “where” checks the classes, but at the moment there is no balance, the champion / warl gives out wild DPS that no class can compare with, the magic classes at the bottom of the DPS Warden at the bottom of the DPS are fine? Where and who checked DPS and what is the balance? I saw that “Champion died” Perhaps, but a new bunch shows the opposite! In the right hands, this is IMBA, take a look at its speed, and the speed of other classes, I think it's time for balance with a serious approach

I don't know if we are playing the same game. Warden is super strong and imho overall the strongest class atm. Moreover, there are several classes, like warlock, that have way more burst potential. Also, warrior/scout has signifcantly stronger aoes.

I agree. There are classes that do both more singletarget and aoe damage without any drawbacks, so no need for making ch/wl this unpleasant to play.

If you change the hp requirements of Endless Pulse though, please alter Indomitable Spirit accordingly.

Return the rage recovery effect of W/P's "Blood Retention" now.

Solo play of instances like Steadfast Mirror Heart of the Ocean, are frustrating because they're hard to do. Rage does not accumulate. Decrease too early.(Clear is possible, but annoyed in the process.)

Why did you make such a silly change? Now Urgant Heal is fixed, but now this .

Don't lose a few advantage of W/P.

Can confirm

Well, at the moment you just have to bring two alts to trigger a big enough circle. Imho there is no reason to keep it that way, since it only makes things more annoying, not harder.

Anyway, just my 2 cents^^

Making b1 less rng dependant though would be amazing.

Agreed, 6.5% per second is way to much, especially considering the fact that you consume a large portion of additional life via endless pulse each 20 seconds.

Moreover, if you are /priest you have access to Light Pulse, which is a mana consuming aoe with only 4 sec cd. It doesn't have a aggro multiplier though. Hence if you don't have a decent amount of patk it should be followed up by another aoe.

It's useful in both cases though, because it gives you the possibility of gathering mobs without having to rely on rage and builds up some aggro.

Thank you for the changes to Open Flank, Probing Attack & Slash. Makes playing warrior at least a little bit more rewarding, although warrior in general and especially some secondary classes still need work.

However, an issue with warrior/wardens Attack Weakener elite skill has arisen. Before the patch it dealt damage equal to Open Flank. Now it is just a useless skill.

Since all the similar skills for other warrior sec-classes have been buffed substantially, I'd suggest increasing Attack Weakeners damage at least to Open Flanks 1035% (altough imho a skill with cd should deal more damage than its spammable counterpart - hence 1350% would be reasonable as well).

I finally managed to test the "new" priest/warrior tonight. First off, nice changes, they did make things better for this combination for sure.

However, the class still doesn't deal damage that can compete with the other classes. Having almost no offensive cds and only a weak Whirlwind as aoe without good singletarget damage to compensate, is the reason for this.

Here are my suggestions to change that:

- Make Prayer passive apply to physical water damage as well

- Reduce the damage of Ascending Dragon Strike to 800%, Explosion of Fighting Spirit to 500%, Fighting Spirit Combination to 400% and change their damage types to physical water damage.

- Change Condensed Rage the following, since it is currently a self heal that does not fit the role of the combination as dps:

Condense your righteous rage to improve your battle prowess. Increases your weapon damage 30 seconds by 30%. 2min cd

- Change Light Healer Fighting Spirit (for the same reasons) to Flying Crane Stance

Reduces the cooldown of your Whirlwind by 20 seconds and makes it inflict physical water damage instead. Also increases its damage to 650% and makes it consume mana instead of rage.

- Raise the one handed axe weapon level for priest to at least 240

@ Ferrugio

Regarding Thunder, 1 handed weapons do have a lot less dps than 2 handed ones on this server. Moreover, the newly introduced attackspeed cap penalizes fast weapons (1 handers) even further. There is currently no reason to use them on pdps warriors, which is fine in my eyes, because I always pictured warriors as 2 hander bearing bruisers :D

Hence thunder should be usable with 2 handers as well imho ( I mean, even the skillname hints at a brutal, forceful hit, more fitting for a big weapon).

Regarding rage management, I agree that constantly available rage contradicts skills like enrage . However, the prior state made classes that don't get access to some kind of spamskill from their sec-class borderline unplayable. In fact, reliable rage management is key to the class and having to wait to use skills is entirely undesireable in this game. Since warrior skills that consume rage don't necessarily hit harder than their mana/energy/etc consuming counterparts, the ressource was mostly disadvantageous.

I was contemplating if this reply could be considered offtopic, but I think Ferrugio provided important questions that have to be addressed, since they do touch the aspect of class identity quite nicely. So I wanted to share my thoughts.

@Rogue/Champion hammer vs dagger topic:

I do think the most elegant solution would be to remove the hammer requirement from the elite skills altogether while keeping the hammer damage bonus from Disassembly Shadow. This way everyone can choose which weapon to wear.

I do like the change made to Aggressiveness very much, it solves a basic problem warriors had, especially regarding non /wardens, /rogues.

Moreover I'd suggest removing the 1handed weapon requirement for Thunder. Warriors exclusively (well, at least the physical ones) use 2handed weapons on Arcadia, hence the skill currently serves no purpose.

Hello

Warr/mage took away the magic attack and gave magic damage.The decision is wrong, it has become less damage to the bosses. No magic attack and no crit. Warr/mage can't break through the boss's defense. Return the attack or give the Berserker a 39.3% magic attack for 30 seconds.

From what I've heard and seen warmage is dealing more damage after the change compared to before, at least with good gear and m/wl support.

Your idea with adding a magical attack increment to berserk is decent though, I think it wouldn't hurt considering it.

I would appreciate if all damage item sets would give the same ultimate bonus, ideally %damage (chain, leather) and %mdamage (magic).

This would at least make further class balancing simpler as each class gets than the same amount of damage increase in the future, whereas critical damage is increasing damage almost not at all with current equip and with attack/cast speed only certain classes profit.

Generally I do support swapping out the increase critical damage for something more useful. I do disagree on changing every bonus to % increased physical weapon damage though, which I suppose is the %damage you are referring to. Currently classes with fast weapons, such as daggers & two handed swords do profit more from % weapon damage increased than slow weapons like 2h axes & hammers.

While this is no problem in the current meta, I'd strongly suggest either changing the bonus to % increased damage dealt (the way iron blood title works) or more simple, swap the crit damage for % weapon damage and increase the bonus to 4%. That would make things more balanced imho, referring to the time after the upcoming class balancing.

While the bug described by Lutine obviously exists, I strongly disagree in fixing it.

Why ? First off, the damage calculation never was consistent among different classes. For example, magical classes do have a global magical weapon damage, the magical damage from the offhand ist added to the total. This is not true for physical weapon damage, where the offhand does only serve as a statstick.

Hence balancing always directly referred to the status quo. While physical classes like the champion would easily compensate the substantial amount of damage lost by fixing this bug, other physical dps classes that are already struggeling in the competition would suffer a lot. It would make said balancing a lot more difficult.

Overall a nice update with handy new features and most importantly, some long anticipated bugfixes(camellia flower <3).

The nostalgia instance is a little bit lackluster for endgame players, due to practically nonexistant physical and magical defense values of the mobs and bosses, but i guess it is aimed at the lesser geared players of the server. Moreover, there are new cards to farm, which is a fun change to doing gorge over and over:D So that's nice too.

However, I'd suggest increasing the defense values for the nostalgia instances to come, the events of past bosses are very fun to play and it won't hurt said lesser geared players to play them, instead of just burning everything down. After all, that's what nostalgia is about, right ? Reliving fun experiences with the bosses of the past.