How to merge eggs with aurora pet

• Currently learning this pet system. This game never ceases to amaze me with how much stuff is in it.

So, I read about merging pets three times a day and it increases xp and talent points. I bought a couple of eggs but when I merge, the system won't let me because I don't have an element. I can, however, merge with a rune pet. So, how do I get an element so I can merge with other eggs and get the additional bonuses they give?

• Hello Gargoyle,

merging Pets is probably the most rewarding way to control your pet's attribute gain and also the best way to earn Training Points and experience.
    You can reach the pet merging window by choosing the 4th tab on the upper right of your pet window.

Essentially, what merging does is that it "feeds" one pet to another. The main pet remains alive, with the improved attributes. The second pet disappears.

Merging two pets requires you to set an "Agent" and a "Reagent". The Agent is the pet you want to advance using this process, the Reagent is a pet egg that you want to use up to improve the main pet. In the screenshot, the Agent left slot in the breeding window and Reagent is the right one.

Let's start with the basics. To be able to merge with an Agent, the Reagent has to fulfill the following:

- The Reagent egg needs to be of the same or lower level than the Agent egg
    - The Reagent egg needs to be the same element as the Agent egg, or a neutral element (rune pet eggs).

Note: Always double check which pet you use for which slot, especially if your main pet came from rarity of eggs that you use for merging. What shows up in the slot is the icon for original egg, so for example, if your Agent came from Amazing Egg and so did your Reagent, you can become confused and accidentally put them in other order. If you lose your main pet, there is no way to get it back.

Once you've placed the eggs make sure you look at the preview and click the blue orb in between them to merge them. Do not click "Pair Merging"

The Agent will get new attributes as a result of merging. Those attributes are averaged values for your Agent and Reagent. There is a formula for how much the pet will gain.
    However, the values will never go down. So, if your Agent pet has Strength of 25 and Reagent has 21, your pet will not go down to 23. You never lose values from merging, only gain. Thus, you can use even white, low quality wild eggs to merge and still improve your pet

The two exceptions to this are training and experience. They always go up during merge.

Training goes up by +50 for element-matched pets, up by +100 for Rune pets.

Experience goes up by 1000 divided by (Agent level; Reagent level + 1). The closer the level of two pets, the more XP the merge gets. For same level, you get 1000 XP, for one level difference, 500, for two level difference 333 and so on

This gives you control over pet growth. If you want to keep your pet low level but get him high aptitude, pick low level merge eggs. That will keep pet from leveling up, while still giving him training points tradeable for aptitude. If you want to raise pet level, merge it with another pet of same level.

hope i could help you a little. See you :love:

• Hi :)

Awesome stuff, thanks! The blank I'm missing is the pet I have doesn't have an element like dark, water, wind and when I try merge one with my pet which has no element like the rune pet, the system won't let me. So I think if there was as way to change my element to something else, than I could merge. hope that makes sense?!?

• I'm just looking for how to give my pet an element so I can merge other eggs into it. When purchased, the aurora egg has no element.

Hello Gargoyle,

the Aurora-pets doesnt have a Element. The only Chance to get a Pet-egg with Element is, to catch one around the Map.

Closed the thread.