How to start?

• I have downloaded the client, read the wiki and other stuff, but I don't know what to do next. How do I enter the game area?

Also, I haven't been able to find a description of the combat system.

Thanks in advance for the help.

• New
    • Official Post

Hey there! Welcome to Chronicles of Arcadia!

To get started, first, you need to open the game launcher you downloaded. From there, launch the client, and you'll be prompted to create a new character. After that, you're ready to enter the game world!

As for the combat system, don’t worry! There's a tutorial when you create a new character that will guide you through the basics, including how combat works.

If you're looking for more detailed information about races, classes, or skills, I highly recommend exploring our website https://chroniclesofarcadia.com/. Just click on the "Game Info" dropdown, where you can select options like races, classes, and skills to get more detailed information on each of them.

• "

To get started, first, you need to open the game launcher you downloaded. From there, launch the client, and you'll be prompted to create a new character. After that, you're ready to enter the game world!""

I opened the file I received but was not prompted to form a character.

SHOULD I DOWNLOAD AGAIN?

• New
    • Official Post

Can you clarify which file you opened and what happened?

You should download the client from this link: https://playernetgames.net/download. After downloading and installing it, the launcher should open automatically. From the launcher, you can start the game and create your character.

We’re not exactly sure at which step you're stuck, so let us know what happens, and we’ll help you through it! You can also join our Discord to get help faster.

Changed the title of the thread from “How to start??” to “How to start?”.
  • The Downloads page has a link to "Latest Launcher", which I ignored, and "Download Client"", which I followed. I ran the download I received (which was not an .exe"'). I have what I perceive to be most or all of the intro pages expected for a game such as this.

Should I be downloading and running the launcher and then run the client (or updated version thereof)?

Edited once, last by Vectorim: Should I be downloading and running the launcher and then run the client (or updated version thereof)? ().

• New
    • Official Post

You should click the Download Client button, which should download a file called Chronicles_of_Arcadia_Installer.exe.

If it's not saving as an .exe file, try right-clicking on the button and selecting "Save link as..." or something similar (this option might vary depending on your browser).

Don't worry about downloading the launcher separately. If you hover over the launcher link, you'll see a note: "This is just the launcher file, which can be downloaded only in case of a launcher issue, e.g., during its update. Note that the client must be installed; the launcher alone will not download the entire game."

• I have been able to get the installer to work intermittently by cutting down the video resolution. However, I am still having persistent problems with moving into the world -- process freezes.

• New
    • Official Post

Here’s how we can approach resolving your issue:

1. Installer and Resolution:

It's unusual that adjusting the video resolution would affect the installer, as its sole function is to install the game files. This part should not be impacted by display settings, so feel free to share more details.

2. Launcher Access:

- Can you confirm whether you are able to open the launcher after installation?

- If yes, proceed to the next steps; if not, please let us know what exactly happens.

3. Clarify the Freezing Proces:

- Could you provide more details on where and which process is freezing?

- Is it in game client when you're trying to click "Enter World", or does it occur at another stage?

4. Integrity Log:

- Open the launcher and navigate to the ⚙️Settings > General section.

- From there, send the integrity report. This will allow us to check if the game client was installed properly.

For any issues you encounter, please include as much detail as possible. Screenshots are particularly helpful in diagnosing the problem quickly. Once we have requested information, we can guide you further to get everything running smoothly.

• 1) Installer and resolution.

You are correct that it should only affect the application, Please ignore the resolution/installer "issue". This may still be an issue with the application and resolution.

"Can you confirm whether you are able to open the launcher after installation?"

No, because I am not sure of the nomenclature and the results I should expect. But when I run the shortcut labeled with a big "A", I get access to several pages with links to setup, wiki, forum, plus a big green button labeled "PLAY".

"- Is it in game client when you're trying to click "Enter World", or does it occur at another stage?"
    My big problem is before the "World" (which I did enter twice, but can no longer access). Right now, when I press the play button, I am placed in a full page purple valley, with purple mountains (I call it "purple mountain majesty, or "PMM" for short"), PMM also features swirling orange clouds. Once there, I cannot find any exit and no key combination I have tried does anything. The only way out is to crash my system and reboot.

• New
    • Official Post

From your description, you successfully started launcher, and then the game after clicking play.

However, it appear that your game client wasn't installed correctly, which could be caused by internet or PC issue.

Usually it's just a single or few files being broken, and we can help you fixing it without full reinstallation.

Please start the launcher, click settings, general, then send client report to support and wait until it finish.

Reply in this thread as soon as it will be done for review.

• New
    • Official Post

I reviewed your integrity report - your client is fine, no issues.

You should be able to start the launcher, and the game using play button.

If you're facing any issues, please provide more details, including posting a screenshot.

If by "violet page" you mean the one below you clicked link on left side instead od play button.