.PlayNet Launcher and CoA program not launching

• Thank you for your work with CoA, I appreciate what you are attempting to create with this MMORPG. I it a very enjoyable game.

However... .PlayNet Launcher and CoA are not functioning. Three times now I have downloaded the game, it ran it's Update Cycle, and each time after Computer restart/shut down the .PlayNet Launcher starts up and stalls out/quits without any crash report of any kind. One time yesterday after attempting to restart the Launcher I did get one alert that the update had been corrupted and that is what led me to reinstall/reupdate. That did fix the issue and now this morning again I have the same symptoms of failed Launcher and Game startup.

I am not going to do all this again every day - download and update - just to play CoA or any game. I am also NOT comfortable with game being installed on my desktop BY DEFAULT during install, nor do I have any idea where to change the install path to for it function as you intend. I humbly suggest you rework your install system to align more closely with how other MMOs install system function.

So thank you for your work with Chronicles of Arcadia, I very much enjoyed my time playing it, however I not be continuing to try and make this game work nor playing. I will not be checking on a response here nor contacting support. I humbly suggest you look into possibly redesigning you install process.

• Official Post

Dear Gardavil347,

I'd like to express our gratitude for your kind words about our game. We're happy to know you enjoyed playing it and value the feedback.

Regarding your concerns with the PlayerNet launcher, I would like to assure you that the majority of our player base, as of now, has not experienced issues with it. It seems the issues you're encountering might be isolated, and specific to certain conditions on your system.

There's no need to re-download the game repeatedly, instead, it would be beneficial to reach out to us so that we can diagnose and address the root cause.

To avoid issues like yours we've just updated the client to the latest version, which means there’s no need for patches currently.

For the installation process, we have plans in the pipeline to refine and improve it.

The default suggestion to install on the desktop was primarily chosen to mitigate potential issues related to permissions on modern operating systems. However, you have full freedom to choose your preferred installation path:

If you ever reconsider and wish to return to CoA, or if you need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly via DM or on our official Discord.