Warden Class [Feedback]

• Official Post

This is a feedback thread dedicated to the Warden class.

We want to hear your opinions and suggestions regarding this particular class, including any changes you would like to see.

Please keep all corresponding rules in mind when clicking the reply button. "+1", "-1", "yes", "no", bump posts, and anything similar are not acceptable posts. Do not leave posts that state your agreement/disagreement without providing an explanation or critique.

It is important to note that this is a beta stage of class balancing and testing on the live server. You can expect changes based on our observations and feedback provided from the community over the next few months.

Approved the thread.
  • About warden/priest, what was noticed:

1) If someone in your raid die, then Wd/P pet (1490672 with skill healing surge 1490868) try to heal died ppl. (same problem with P/Wd pet)

2) I very want to see skill focused aide (1490671) work for raid, it should increase him how healer. Also when you successfully cast Urgent Heal on any target which is under effect of your Focused Aide , Divine Oak Walker will instantly cast Healing Surge on this target if their HP is below 80% from 60%.

Changed the title of the thread from “Feedbacks on the Warden Class” to “Warden Class [Feedback]”.
  • Warden/Bard, Warden/Warlock, Warden/Warrior are fun classes but unfort. not viable as Dps.

To give a reason to play these over Warden/Rogue and Warden/Scout, here my suggestions.

Warden/Bard:

Make Pet trigger his sepal stab on all skills while Perfect Harmony is actice, not just crtiical Charged Chops. This makes it similiar to Warden/Druid. At least this way aoedamage in burst gets good and everything else stays untouched.

Warden/Warrior:

Make this class be able to wear Katana since this is the Warrior of Wardens. Maybe 99 ISS and 2h weapon mastery can be adjusted to also include Katana respectively.

Warden/Warlock:

Let Corruption of Nature also affect the pet and allow each Poisoned Chop to reduce CD by 2-3 second with 30-50% chance. It kinda makes sense that the more poison you inflict the greater you are corrupted by nature.

I hope my suggestions are reasonable. I do not want to create op-classes but rather want to have more class-variety.

Thank you,

Blackkid

• Regarding Warden/Knight:

It would be good if you increase the HP/MP reg on the Skill ID 1490661 to 5%, like it is on knight/rogue dodge skill.

Furthermore I suggest to change the skill ID 1490660 that it has more hits or a time running, bcs it can also trigger on Briar Shield, it is nearly instant removed in trash.

• Regarding Warden/Warrior

I suggest to increase the range of the buff from the skill ID 494611.

Right now, if you for example use it on a healer and the person is too far away (like DC endboss or if you fast pull mobs), the buff is gone :/

• Instances

Dark Core

• Increased Oak Walker attack loss to 20% from 10%.
    • Reduced Spirit of the Oak attack loss to 5% from 10%.
    • Reduced Punisher Guardian attack loss to 5% from 10%.
    • Increased Chiron the Centaur attack loss to 20% from 10%.

It would be nice that nerfs target specific classcombination, not the general Warden Class. For example Warden/Rogue has the strongest damage out of all Oakwalker Wardenclasses and it is justified to nerf its pet. But with this you also nerf innocent classes who are not overperforming as dps like Warden/Warrior, Warden/Bard, Warden/Mage.

Nerfing Chiron from 10% to 20% is a massive deal. Reason for this is Chiron does not have very high physical atk. So while Oakwalkers attack might have been nerfed from 9kk atk to 8kk atk, Chiron gets nerfed from 4.5kk atk to 4kk atk. From a pure % perspective, the nerf is equal. But according to the attack to defense formula for calculating damageloss from atkloss, you nerfed Chiron way harder than Oakwalker. If this is intended, I assume that in your observations Warden/Scout is far superior than Warden/Rogue. I can respect that even though I do not agree with it. However if unintended, consider increasing the Chiron atkloss nerf from 10% to 15% instead of 10% to 20%.

• But with this you also nerf innocent classes who are not overperforming as dps like Warden/Warrior, Warden/Bard, Warden/Mage.

isn't the warden/bard the warden, which has an Oakwalker that can hit every mob in AoE? Like it is for the mdps warden/druid?

I mean, such Oakwalker should be the strongest instead of wrd/rogue :/

• But with this you also nerf innocent classes who are not overperforming as dps like Warden/Warrior, Warden/Bard, Warden/Mage.

isn't the warden/bard the warden, which has an Oakwalker that can hit every mob in AoE? Like it is for the mdps warden/druid?

I mean, such Oakwalker should be the strongest instead of wrd/rogue :/

Warden/Druids pet triggers Sepal Stab on every single skill while Power of the Oak is active.

Warden/Bard only triggers on one Front AoE called Sonic Chop.

Warden/Rogue also has much more buffs compared to Warden/Bard. So even if overall Warden/Bard has more hits of Sepal Stabs, the hits themselves are very low. Maybe something like 20kk Sepal Stab vs 7kk Sepal Stab.

I hope this helped you to understand my post above. If you knew anyway and just wanted controversy, I hope this satisfies you as well.

• Warden/Druids pet triggers Sepal Stab on every single skill while Power of the Oak is active.

no. only 30% chance. while wrd/bard front aoe have 2 sec cd

edit: im just curious why you underrate wrd/bard so much. this class have a extrem huge potential, related to group setup (like many classes)

Greetings

• If it is just curiosity then I am happy to share my experience with you.

To be precise, only critical hits of Sonic Chop trigger Sepal Stab. Also it being a front AoE makes it less effective than if it was a regular AoE Skill. It also has a 2 sec AoE while Warden/Druid especially in the first second can spam three powerful AoEs instantly which results in high dps. Most of the time mobs are dead within 2 seconds of AoE burst in Dark Core.

Tamb boosts Pet damage by ~33%, even though Tamb is just 15%. Lets call this effect "double effect" (btw this also applies to Cenedril)

Warden/Rogue has many double effect buffs which results in very high pet damage. iirc three buffs with 10%, 18% and 24% effect. This is a multiplicator of x2.59 for pet (1.1^2 * 1.18^2 * 1.24^2).

Warden/Bard only has one double buff (Perfect Harmony) which boosts petdmg by ~33%.

Even if Warden/Bard has many more Sepal Stabs than Warden/Rogue in Dark Core, the hits themselves are just too weak. From what I recall we are talking 20kk vs 7kk. While in AoE-Burst situation Warden/Bard might be stronger, Warden/Rogue will easily dominate thanks to its regular hits being quite strong by themselves, overpowered singletarget burst and high sustain damage in singletarget.

Unrelated but also worth mentioning:

With Scout/Bards Musical Shot recent change from 10% pdmg 10% mdmg to 10% increased dmg, Pets were indirectly nerfed. Now instead of making use of the double effect (21% dmg) Pets only do 10% more damage.

• I guess I will test it with k/ch in group and will watch, what wrd/bard can do ^^. I think all classes with front aoe have a big dmg increase with k/ch tank.

• Good luck and feel free to share your experience as well!

• I guess I will test it with k/ch in group and will watch, what wrd/bard can do ^^. I think all classes with front aoe have a big dmg increase with k/ch tank.

Good luck and feel free to share your experience as well!

Warden/bard seems quite well. especially regarding the additional support comparing to warden/rogue. But it's weaker than r/s ^^

• Good luck and feel free to share your experience as well!

Warden/bard seems quite well. especially regarding the additional support comparing to warden/rogue. But it's weaker than r/s ^^

Nice scrut :)

In addition to Knight/Champ you can try to use Bard/Knight as support in group 2 for the % atkbuff as well. Just an idea since we are on the topic of maximizing raid setup.

But the danger of these scruts are, that devs assume certain classes are too strong. Tank playstyle and raidsetup influence scrut alot.

For example Scout/Rogue or Scout/Champ (already strong classes) can be crazy op if Tank always only pull 2 mobs.

Rogue/Warlock (already strong) can be extremely op if Tank only pulls 1 mob and does not do many big CDs.

Knight/Warlock (already strong) can be extremely op if Tank pulls 15 mobs and does many big CDs.

etc. etc.

While a good tank uses certain pull behavior and strategic CDs to maximize dps of raid I would not conclude that a class is too strong if it excels only in these scenarios. Imo this is the case for Warden/Bard. Strong in certain setups/tankplaystyles but below average in most cases. Warden/Rogue for example would still be strong in your raidsetup but still be strong in any other raidsetup thus deserving a nerf more.

• After some additional trys in the last months: the aggro as warden/knight is not good without Oak Power (which you get from 1490859 Heart of the Oak). The class is supposed to play with 1h + shield, but in my experience, the aggro is really low, especially in bigger pulls (more than 6 mobs) and classes with only 1 recon rune have mostly more aggro than the warden tank :)

• Official Post

After some additional trys in the last months: the aggro as warden/knight is not good without Oak Power (which you get from 1490859 Heart of the Oak). The class is supposed to play with 1h + shield, but in my experience, the aggro is really low, especially in bigger pulls (more than 6 mobs) and classes with only 1 recon rune have mostly more aggro than the warden tank :)

Thank you for your feedback,

We're currently looking into warden tanks and will provide some updates to them in the near furute.

Hooroo,

Brontes

• About Warden/Warrior.

Please make Feral Leader skill decrease aggro of all raid members, not just our party members.

Skill ID: 499900

Make Coat of Arms skill not to be broken when we are far away from eachother. Bound should be broken only when we die or other person dies.We should use this skill only once in my opinion. Skill ID: 494611

Warden tanks have good aggro on single target but they have an AoE aggro problem.

Please reduce cooldown of this skill for all warden tanks

Frantic Briar ( Skill ID: 1490330)

And you should also increase aggro of Power of the Wood Spirit. (Skill ID : 493392).

It is not easy to do big pulls with warden class.

I hope you understand me. Thanks

• Hi,

I suggest that Cross Chop (ID 493394) does not need a target if "Spirit of the Oak" (ID 493333) is summoned and deals damage around the player itself. Other tanks like Knight and Champ has multiple or spammable aggro AOEs without needing a target.

Greetings

• Regarding Warden/Warlock.

This class currently underperforms in both DC and Necro. Moreover, since Poisoned Chop CD got removed, the class mainly just spams Poisoned Chop and Charged Chop, which is pretty boring and takes away from the original class design.

Hence I suggest the following:

-Increase Poisoned Chop CD back to 2 seconds. This is going to be quite a noticable nerf (since most overall damage comes from the pet hits it procs), but will make the rotation much more interesting.

-Increase Phantom Contract physical damage increment to 20% from 15%.

-Reduce the CD of Noxious Slash & Phantom Cleave from 8 and 10 seconds respectively to 6 seconds each

-Add 8% Poison damage increment to Corruption of Nature