Mage Class [Feedback]

• Official Post

This is a feedback thread dedicated to the Mage class.

We want to hear your opinions and suggestions regarding this particular class, including any changes you would like to see.

Please keep all corresponding rules in mind when clicking the reply button. "+1", "-1", "yes", "no", bump posts, and anything similar are not acceptable posts. Do not leave posts that state your agreement/disagreement without providing an explanation or critique.

It is important to note that this is a beta stage of class balancing and testing on the live server. You can expect changes based on our observations and feedback provided from the community over the next few months.

Approved the thread.
  • Hey!

I would like to see more variety in mages playstyle. At the end all of them (except m/k and its skill is also the same type) are a constant spam of static field and thats it. They all feel to be the same class. If someone have any idea in mind it would be cool.

In the other hand, I would like to have atleast 1 mage combination that is focused in single dmg.

• Hey!

I would like to see more variety in mages playstyle. At the end all of them (except m/k and its skill is also the same type) are a constant spam of static field and thats it. They all feel to be the same class. If someone have any idea in mind it would be cool.

In the other hand, I would like to have atleast 1 mage combination that is focused in single dmg.

Try mage/rogue my dude.

• would like to see M/B get an aoe skill similar to B/M's fire nova also fiery song extraction should not be a casting kill and should get a little boost and also raise the magical dmg from 12% to 15% for the duration .

also most of all classes you ask feedback on i think you can probably solve some if you give classes elite skills 80-90 and maybe up to 100.

also imho you should consider giving all magical classes a wand boost either passive, elite or from iss. ^^

greetings

• After last changes, mage/scout seems to be dead. I remember when i used my burst in dark core, my pet was dealing 15m damage with his skill. Now it deals only 3m dmg with burst. Mage/Scout was too powerful and you had to fix its damage, i understand that but not like this. You could give pet a debuff like you did to warden pets. You really need to fix m/s pet because it is worst mage class now

• Official Post

Hey!

We are currently planning a rework for Mage/Druid in this direction, though without any estimated time of arrival.

Mage/Bard will get further changes.

After last changes, mage/scout seems to be dead. I remember when i used my burst in dark core, my pet was dealing 15m damage with his skill. Now it deals only 3m dmg with burst. Mage/Scout was too powerful and you had to fix its damage, i understand that but not like this. You could give pet a debuff like you did to warden pets. You really need to fix m/s pet because it is worst mage class now

Mage/Scout will get further changes.

Greetings

Changed the title of the thread from “Feedback on the Mage Class” to “Mage Class [Feedback]”.
  • Mage/Wl needs some love. It is not that easy to keep its buffs up via the 3s cast spells and the payoff isnt really worth it. Furthermore it didnt get a new +wind dmg title like the other mage classes so by default the other classes got a bigger boost in the last year. Doesnt seem to be that big a difference but the other wind elemental dmg classes (warmage and ch/b come to mind) use the cdps formula and therefore dont use the elemental dmg title in the system a majority of the time.

Only taking this class in a raid for its debuff is a little sad to see.

~kind regards

• Here are some thoughts i had:

An interesting way to buff M/Wl would be to make it use a wand + talisman so it has 2 Curse runes which makes it easier to keep its buffs up.

Or make a passive skill reduce the casting times of Flame (ID: 498755) and Electric Explosion (ID: 498756) so you still use the 2h staff.

Maybe make Soul Stepping (ID: 498757) a passive and buff the wand dmg so it makes 1h+tali the same dmg as 2h or lower the mentioned casting times.

-> Casting faster and casting while moving would help a lot.

Ooooor maybe make its main dps spells cdps (however that would probably be a nightmare to balance)

~ kind regards

• i think they should change mage/warlock 70 elite skill Forgotten Black Magic (Skill ID: 499814) to be a non-global cd skill

And Soul Stepping (Skill ID: 498757) should give us passive ability to cast all skills while moving. That whould be great because mage/warlock doesnt have great aoe damage. It is powerful against single target. We should use 70 elite skill debuff+ Soul Pain( Skill ID: 498746) on mobs faster

• jest silny na 1 target w przypadku gdy czas bicia bossa trwa dluzej niż 10-15 sekund . na WB jest calkiem niezly . aktualna zmiana nie wydaje się być zła , musze ja przetestowac gdyz obecnie mało gram i nie przetestowałem do tej pory . w zwiazku , ze ta postać nie jest niezbędna na instancji fajnym rozwiazaniem dla niej samej bylo by gdyby obecny debuff (499814) działał tylko na nią samą . teraz na większych grupach potwory znikną jeszcze szybciej dzięki dps z mocniejszym aoe (inne kombinacje niż ona sama)

translate:

It is strong on 1 target in case the time of beating a boss lasts longer than 10-15 seconds . on WB it is pretty good . the current change doesn't seem to be bad , I have to test it because I currently play little and haven't tested it so far . in view of the fact that this character is not necessary on an instance it would be nice for her alone if the current debuff (499814) worked only on her . now on larger groups monsters will disappear even faster thanks to dps with stronger aoe (other combinations than she herself)

If you wanted to strengthen it a bit during the first seconds of beating the boss, then ability 497977 would have to overlap the target also after using e.g. : 489759 , 498746 etc

• If I remember correctly it had sth. like "After effect runs out it cant be triggered for 25sec" or sth. similar^^

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Can confirm, but it doesn't seem to trigger on fireball always, only every third or such :/ The bug is buggy I guess xD

If I remember correctly it had sth. like "After effect runs out it cant be triggered for 25sec" or sth. similar^^

Thought so too, but apparently the buff sometimes proccs with every fireball (all 6s), sometimes only after 3 or 4. However, the class appears to be too strong, even without this =O

On dummy I deal 50%+ more than with Wl/S pre-nerf. I mean, i guess it won't appear too often having 20 stacks of the nature power thingy all the time, bcz you need to move often in most fights, but the maximum you can get is just too much (in combination with those 20% matt). So maybe a decent 50% nerf at least in single target (burst and sustain) seems reasonable to me :/ But need to try in ini for a better impression for sure :/

But I like the mana management stuff which works out perfectly if you don't overuse the spirit cast.

Also, I really appreciate the new Energy Well, which solves so many issues on some combinations, for example extending the M/R aoe sustain with purgatory fire, but also helps M/B a lot :love:

• On Atlas Ch3 and in custum inis fireball is disabled already and the dmg of perception got nerfed.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how the class performs if ppl play it regularly

Greetings

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• In general, there are almost no buffs with a duration of 5 minutes in most classes, and now that you have reduced the Rogue class from 5 min in the latest update, I recommend that the Mages " ISS [The Sage] (1500369)"should now be reduced to 3min.

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

Greetings

• M/Wd

during skill 499620 all damage is dealt double, but the second hit is weaker by about 60%. Proposes that this eruption be reduced by up to 30% instead of 60 . or increase the base damage inflicted by the 494330 on +/- 1900 + 0.4 int

possibly forest spirit power (493392) deals magic damage and does not share CD with other area skills

• M/Warrior

491565 and 497980 requests that the duration be extended to 30 seconds and a reduction of the renewal time to 1 minute 30 seconds would be welcome

This combination of classes lacks area instant skill . there is a static field , which is only for up to 3 targets , and the meteor shower is weak . The thunderstorm imposes a paralysis effect that slightly increases the damage from the meteor shower. I propose that the paralysis also affects the static field, increasing its damage.

The skill taken from the warrior " cut "490053 imposes the effect of bleeding . I propose to make this a magical skill that imposes arson, which increases fire damage (per 1 target)

• Mage/Druid

suggests increasing the radius eartquake and meteor shower from 60 to 80 . Magic classes that place their abilities on the ground sometimes have a problem because their marker sometimes "slides" on the ground, making it difficult to use them where you want them.

Cosmic call - proposes to reduce renewal time from 1 minute to 30 seconds

(google translate)