Rogue Class [Feedback]

• While the new World Boss Dagger might make class like Bard/Rogue viable, it will boost class like Rogue/Mage and Rogue/Warrior way too much.

I am not convinced that Rogue/Warlock will benefit alot from this if you are a good Katana player.

• Gotta do three Perfect Slices in a row with perfect timing. Good Job, here a 900k DoT. Oh you play Rogue/Scout? Ok you get 1.5kk DoT but don't mess up the timing with your 1.5 second Channel skill that misses anyway.

In all seriousness, the DoT damage does not reflect the effort of aquiring the DoT. There are other Classes who do 1 single attack and get 20kk DoTs.

[...]

I wanna come back to this post and just further illustrate my point. Here is a scrut of Warrior/Champ doing organs within ~30 secs (no SA from pt).

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

In comparison, Perfect Slice after skillfull timing and three hits does maybe 1-2kk dps and you can only do it on one target at the same time.

Also with the introduction of the new dagger there is 0 reason to play with Katana anymore.

Right now I do around ~10% more dps with Katana (if I hit all Perfect Slices) over 2x Dagger for non-offhand based classes like Rogue/Warden, Rogue/Priest in singletarget. I think this is a fair dmgboost considering the skill and risk needed to play with Katana.

With the offhand elemental boost + patk you will do the same and require less skill and no luck. You have very low aggro in burst, higher precision for classes like Rogue/Bard in Dark Core and can use this Dagger for other classes like Scout/Rogue and Bard/Rogue.

Suggestions:

Restore the ~10% dps advantage for skillfull gameplay and look deeper into the bleed damage especially comparing it to other bleeds.

• Recently i´ve noticed three things about the Perfect Slice.

1) You are not getting 50 energy back when hitting successfully, not even close to 50 and the value can vary.

2) Elemental damage doesn´t work in open world at all and sometimes on dolls as well. Happens when you do the last slice which will provide the grandmaster buff and switch targets for each slice when stacking it up.

3) After you lost the grandmaster buff by failing and the target still has 3 bleedstacks - if you hit successfully again while bleed is up, you will get the grandmaster back. Not sure if this is intended.

• Regarding energy restore:

I guess its depends on your current energy, so if you have 75 energy it will be restore only 25, because for me its always restore 50, if I have less than 50.

• Official Post

Energy restoration in combat log will not show the exceeding amount for certain type of restorations, so if you do not have 50 or lesser energy at the moment of restoration, you won't see full restoration. If you are checking this on a class that has more than 100 energy and you mean it doesn't restore energy beyond 100, it might be an issue on our side, please confirm if so.

First attack against a target might be tricky for the slice in regular zones, it might be improved later.

Yes, it is intended. Stacks are provided by amount of bleeding you have on target inflicted by you, your own buff is irrelevant.

Adjustments for The Murk item will be done. We do not plan to alternate the burst capability of the Katana entirely for all possible class combinations.

Greetings

• I use Perfect Slice, then i'm spamming Low Blow until i'm almost out of energy, wait for the moment where my energy recovers automatically and afterwards i hit with the second slice where i get around 28 energy back. Tried this a few times, always the same result.

• Arena of Darkness

• Reduced Nero Millionaire title offhand damage gain to 15% from 20%.

It would be nice for people who bought this title from AoD for this reason that they get back get back 5000 AoD-Coins. Will this be possible? Because now you can just use DC Title 532093 which is literally the same for Badgesystem.

Rogue

Changed Assassins Rage to increase main hand weapon damage instead of physical damage.

You took probably the worst classspecific burstbuff and made it even worse. I understand the intention to nerf Rogues who do offhand damage (RWl, RW and RM) but you also nerfed Katana Rogues. Here is why:

Before it was 12% Damage buff which everybody knows translates to ~15% - 18% increased damage because of dmg from Gear, Robot etc. and depending on how many %dmgbuffs you stack (unique behavior for % pdmg buffs).

Now it is a 12% mainhandweapon buff which means all dmg from Gear does not get affected. So you literally just boost by 12%.

If the goal was to just nerf offhand Rogues I suggest to increase the value from 12% to 18%. If the goal is to nerf offhand Rogues and other Rogues, keep it. But from reading the other notes I assume the nerfs are targeted directly at offhand Rogues so please consider increasing the value to based on the explanation given.

Rogue

Changed Premeditation to increase Wound Attack damage by 50% instead of 20, decreased duration to 10 seconds from 15.

Can you please also fix that in Dark Core you have combat almost permanently? This skill is useless most of the time unless you play Rogue/Mage.

With only 10 seconds uptime and the time needed to wait until tank pulls mobs together, realistically you only can make use of 3 seconds bufftime. Also classes like Rogue/Warden and Rogue/Warrior need to use 2-3 Global Cooldowns to buff up their pdmg/patk before they can even start their bleed rotation. If anything, remove the Wound Attack boost completely and increase duration to 20 seconds.

Another option is to make Premeditation usable in Combat with no Global CD (like Rogue/Mage) and to make Rogue/Mage Elite useful by decreasing CD from 40 to 30. In that case, a 10 second uptime is justified.

• I don't know why, but these changes to the rogue are quite disappointing. I haven't seen a rogue diverge so much from the rest before. Nobody was talking about this, but I understand it's 'how you wanted it.' If you listened more to the players instead of doing your own thing, the balance would be much easier and enjoyable. The title for 5k coins is useless; I understand you'll give it to every rogue who bought it on purpose? The changes have disappointed me a lot - in my opinion, you're making silly moves. Nerfing the title, the skill set for weaker rune benefits...

Once again, people will be forced to play with a katana, which doesn't suit everyone and becomes the only right choice. Amid the eternal battle, Premeditation is useless - please fix it. The katana and the skill, which are easily overlooked in textures and constant movement, are hard to notice, and the sound is just annoying - maybe you have a better idea for this (like the character gaining a strong, visible aura)? You're ruining the enjoyment of the game

• I also want to mention, that Rogue/Champion has been severely nerfed as well:

Changed Assassins Rage to increase main hand weapon damage instead of physical damage.

Before it was 20% physical damage (~30% stronger hits) now it is just 20% stronger hits. This is a nerf of about 8.3% in burst.

So it stands to reasoning to increase the 20% to 30% and of course the 12% to 18% for other Rogues assuming the intention is to only nerf offhand-based Rogues.

• Rogue

i don't understand this nurf / why are all rogue classes weakened like this // only 2 classes can keep up with other classes properly / and now comes a nurf for all rouge classes

please undo the change Assassins Rage

i think balancing is necessary, but to make a general onlyf for all rogues is the wrong approach

• recent rogue nerfes are imo deserved ... for rogue/warrior.

Sad to see that other niche rogues got pushed even further away.

About the Sprint change , not sure if its viable for all rogues at the moment but nice compensation atleast for recent Movementspeed calc adjustments.

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

Edited once, last by Cruvor ().

• Rogue

• Increased Assassins Rage main hand damage gain to 20% from 12%.

Rogue/Champion

• Increased Assassins Rage main hand damage gain to 32% from 20%.
    • Changed Poison Feedback to trigger Disassemble with 20% chance with regular attacks when its fully stacked. (requires an hammer)

Thanks for the quick response!

• I would like to return to a post of Luciaa.

Rogue/Priest is not really able to compete with any other class combination and is a bit uncomfortable to play due to its high mana costs. I suggest to change following skills:

(491540) from 12.1% dmg ---> ~16% dmg

(492627) 2% mana ---> 1% mana

(493260) 5% mana ---> 3% mana

Greetings

• Anything planned for R/S since now with assasins Rage only buffing main hand, mostly all of R/S elite skill are not getting benefit from it.

Yes 100% agree. The skill should boost all damage except offhand. Another option is to consider changing one of the elite to passively boost Gun damage slightly.

In addition I want to talk about Shot. Unfortunately, there is no reason to use Shot because Joint Blow is stronger. But there is an elite Skill for Shot.

A few suggestions (only pick one please):

a) Remove sharing cool down of Shot and Joint Blow. But reduce power of Shot from 601% to 50%.

b) Allow Shot to be a range skill (200) while Joint Blow stays 50 (similar to Scout/Champ).

c) After using Shot you will get a buff. Buff: Next Channel of Fast Draw will not miss. After Buff has been consumed, buff can not be obtained for ~ 20 seconds.

• Regarding Premeditation:

Changed Premeditation: Meditate shortly to make your next 10 offensive spell damage to inflict always critical damage for 10 seconds. Using Wound Attack while having this buff will increase its damage by 50%. Cost: 20 Energy Cast Time: 2 seconds Cooldown: 20 seconds.

I appreciate it being able to be usable while combat. However, there are three issues that come to my mind after testing a bit:

1) AoE Skills will consume as many stacks as targets hit. So you can literally "waste" your stacks within 1 second.

-> Count AoE Skill as 1 skill regardless of how many targets it hits

2) Whitehits consume a stack as well

-> Blacklist Whitehits so they will never consume a stack

3) After 1) and 2) is fixed, I can get behind the idea of a 10 Stack limit. All Rogue-Classes should be able to get off Wound Attack within 10 skills after all. BUT there is a 10 second timer. So even if 1) and 2) is fixed, it is still almost impossible to get off Wound Attack the time will run out before you can make use of your 10 hits.

-> Remove any timer. A stack limit is enough.

EDIT:

2) Seems like Whitehits do not consume a stack (good) but skills triggered by Whitehits are (for example RP Poisonous Hit or RWl Dark Soul Smelt). -> These should be whitelisted like Whitehits.

• Now I see almost every classroom could use magic cloth. But only the R class has not been seen. You can see and do with the R/K class as a class that can use magic cloth (like S/Wl). Maybe this will make the game much more interesting with this class. Currently R/K I find is not available. It's probably best to fix this class.

• Regarding Premeditation:

Changed Premeditation: Meditate shortly to make your next 10 offensive spell damage to inflict always critical damage for 10 seconds. Using Wound Attack while having this buff will increase its damage by 50%. Cost: 20 Energy Cast Time: 2 seconds Cooldown: 20 seconds.

pls remove the casttime to a instant skill or reduse to 0,5 - 1 sek / casttime on rouge is not rly nice

I think that the spell time affects the game flow because you can't use any other skills during the spell time

For example, you stand in an enemy group and want to recast Premeditation. You would have to cast for 2 (1.81) seconds once the cast has finished all the mobs are already dead, because you can't do anything while casting

Greetings <3

• I dont agree personally and I am ready for the hate :D

With it being usable during combat, it would be too strong because it hast no global CD without cast. This could allow players to save their Premediation exactly before Would Attack for guaranteed crit and 50% DMG every 20 Seconds.

Also Curse Runes, House Maid and Warp Charge can reduce it to 1sec easily. I like this because Leather can keep Curse for Scoutdps.

Unfortunately, Katana Rogues can only use 1 Curserune. So Katana DPS should get a free 20% castspeedbuff imo.

Another Option is if anything to change cast to a constant 1second Channel like Combo Shot which cannot be reduced by castspeedbuffs.

• Regarding Rogue/Knight.

I know that there is change planned in the future with no ETA. That is why I just wanna come with a quick fix with low effort but high return so this class is more playable as Tank before it gets its full update.

Can you make Dismarment an AoE aggro skill? Thats it. Thanks!

• Please change these abilities of the robber/Scout:

1. Make the skill passive, and transfer its properties to a Shadow Strike that will hit 6 targets. It just doesn't make sense to have a separate weak aoe skill when many other classes have strong aoe skills in their assortment in combination.   Изображение
    2. Change this skill by reducing the HP consumption rate to 1%, since it is very difficult to play as a robber / scout in a solo game, it is as inconvenient as possible because of this skill, but even without it, it does not represent anything.

Изображение

3. And finally - add to this skill 100 units of the range of use of the Gun. Robbers have always been distinguished by their maneuverability and the ability to adapt to the situation. And this skill - breaks the whole system of the robber. Even throwing a conventional throwing weapon (dagger) has a range of 150, a crossbow and bows - 180. If the Robber / Scout has a gun range of 50 + 100 = 150, then this will allow him to retain his properties. Also, this skill is not compatible with the previous one (bloody arrow), having little HP and a small attack range with a long-range weapon is a default.

Изображение

Also, I ask you to pay attention to the Robber/Keeper of the wound. This bundle has a very long start for zergdamag. To start the main combination, he needs to use a whole 3 secondary skills, which are responsible for strengthening the parameters. During this time, other bundles are already using their main combination, and will do very good damage. Here are these 3 skills, and what I propose to do with them:

1. The first, I propose to tie it, in addition to the Power of the Spirit of the Forest, to the second (Bloodthirsty Blade), and remove the restriction on re-strengthening.   Изображение
    2. The second skill, here it needs to be tied to the first. You don't need to touch the skill itself.Изображение
    3. The third skill. You don't need to touch it either, I'm listing them for a visual example.Изображение

Thus, we will reduce the buff combination from 3 to 2 skills, and allow you to switch to the main combination earlier.

I also propose to change this skill, making it attacking, and knocking down castes (with silence for 2 seconds). Since this variation of the skill is not interesting to anyone.

Изображение

And the last one. Change this skill by tying all elite skills and guardian skills to dexterity. Remove the wearing of chain mail, no one needs it, and add 5% attack speed and 5% damage (for now it will be enough to understand whether this is enough, or not enough, and you need to add more). This will allow him to become stronger. Изображение

Good Luck, Best.