Reworked Monster Cards [Patch 10.4.1.1000]

• Official Post

Planned changes for the Monster Cards patch

The description is more accurate than the previous one, however, all information is provided for reference only and cannot be considered conclusive. The final information will be available only on the day of the patch.

Overview of the changes:

• Stardom System – sharing cards and more.
    • Changing card attributes on additional decks.
    • Improved Monster Compendium interface.
    • New stones for easier creating better cards.
    • Changes of card types.
    • Activated new card system on 5 next areas.

Stardom

The original point of Stardom is that the player can improve each card with stones at a higher chance. It is possible as well to improve cards, including free options. Maximum star value allows also to share card on additional decks.

Stardom will not be limited to this. There are many ideas for the future which will evolve with the interest shown by players

Stardom means that every qualifying card can now have up to 5 stars. You can acquire them by completing special requirements which have different conditions depending on the level of the stars. Each card has 2 requirement types.

Example: If you have the “Card - Fungus” read and you kill “Fungus” 5 times and disenchant such card 3 times, it will open the possibility to “Rise”.

“Rise” means that when you fulfill the requirements, you have to upgrade the card to get a new star.

For this process you will have to pay currency you can obtain by disenchanting cards in quests. Or you keep the currency and pay diamonds instead.

The table shows an example of the improving chances depending on the level of the stars:

Stars on the cardsRandom Stones100% chance stonesShared Card
    Chance increased by 2 times--
    ⭐⭐Chance increased by 2 timesMain attributes increase from 0.1 to 0.2-
    ⭐⭐⭐Chance increased by 3 timesMain attributes increase from 0.1 to 0.2-
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐Chance increased by 3 timesMain attributes increase from 0.2 to 0.3, and the additional ones from 0.3 to 0.5-
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Chance increased by 4 timesMain attributes increase from 0.3 to 0.4, and the additional ones from 0.5 to 0.7.Available on any deck

Ancient (red color) and other cards that cannot be obtained in large numbers are automatically available on all decks.

Changing card attributes on additional decks

As soon as card reaches 5 Stars, it will appear on all decks. Next you must activate the card by setting its attributes, because attributes from the main deck are not transferred to additional decks.

The concept of changing attributes is simple and does not directly need enhancement stones. If there are good quality attributes in the main deck "Card - Fungus", then in the additional deck on same card, the player will also be able to choose good quality attributes.

Each attribute on the main card includes a LIMITED selection of attributes that can be made available for selection on additional decks.

An example of good and weak quality attributes:

Weak attributes on the main card

Main Deck "Card - Fungus"Additional Deck "Card - Fungus"
    HPSTR or WIS or MATK
    PDEFDEX or INT or PDEF
    MPMDEF
    MDEFMP

Good attributes on the main card

Main Deck "Card - Fungus"Additional Deck "Card - Fungus"
    STAHP or PATK
    STRSTA
    DEXSTR or WIS or MATK
    PATKPDEF or INT

Attribute selection is a paid process. If the attribute on the main card includes the desired attribute, the cost equal 25 diamonds, otherwise - 250 diamonds.

But you don’t have to pay 250 diamonds, you can also change an attribute on the main card with the enhancement stones, so that it has the attribute you want for 25 diamonds.

An example of a table with suggested attribute changes in additional deck:

Main Card DeckWISSTAHPMPPDEFMDEFINTMATKSTRDEXPATK
    Additional Card DeckSTAHP or PATKSTR or MATK or WISMDEFDEX or INT or PDEFMPSTADEX or PDEFSTASTR or WIS or MATKPDEF or INT

We tried to design it that way, so players who play any class and have high quality attributes in the main deck can choose absolutely any combination in the additional decks.

Are you playing a tank? You can build an additional deck (II, III or IV) for a physical, magical, or healing class. The same goes for any other class.

Numerical values of attributes are preserved, but it is important to consider that if the card is of "Magic" type, then when receiving STA attribute from INT, STA will get maximum numerical value characteristic of "Magic" type. In other words, if INT was 8, the STA will become 3, because the "Magic" type has an STA of maximum 3.

Development preview:

I would like to note that the 3rd and 4th decks will be temporarily locked and players will only have access to modifying 50 cards in additional decks (ancient and automatically available cards are not included in this number).

All restrictions will be removed in an upcoming Monster Cards patch.

Improved Monster Compendium interface

Beside the updated interface, the goal of the new GUI is to give you more information about the new card system while keeping everything aesthetic. Wherever you move the mouse cursor, you will see tooltip hints that will help you learn and understand the whole system.

The new interface is partially combined with the old one, but it's temporary, and soon we expect to complete changes of Monster Compendium.

New stones for easier creating better cards

There will be added 4 new stones for diamonds, each stone is responsible for the rarity of the card. They will increase the numerical attribute values to 100% and make the card available on additional decks.

These stones are a quick solution for players who don't have time to participate in the Stardom system. The cost of the stones is unknown at this time.

But the stones have certain properties. If a player wants to receive bonuses from the Stardom system, he needs to develop the card, until then, bonuses will not be available even if the stone is used.

Changes of card types

A new type "Dusty" will be added. This type includes all cards that do not currently participate in the new system by being obtained before activation of new system on certain areas.

The name of the type "Ancient" will be changed to "Unique". It will apply only to hard to obtain cards.

Activated new card system on 5 next areas

With the patch there will be activated new card system on several zones and instances:

• Windmill Basement
    • Elven Island
    • Yrwandis Hollows
    • Taffrock - Southern District
    • Aslan Valley

Please note that only newly looted cards will be included in new system as usually.

Please note that only newly looted cards will be included in new system as usually

Personally, I do not like it, if someone has a unique card, he has had a lot of trouble to get it or paid a large amount of diamonds to buy it will have to do it again

New stones for easier creating better cards

There will be added 4 new stones for diamonds, each stone is responsible for the rarity of the card. They will increase the numerical attribute values to 100% and make the card available on additional decks.

These stones are a quick solution for players who don't have time to participate in the Stardom system. The cost of the stones is unknown at this time.

But the stones have certain properties. If a player wants to receive bonuses from the Stardom system, he needs to develop the card, until then, bonuses will not be available even if the stone is used.

I like this change. But I'm afraid the cost of this stone will come from outer space. But so far I like the changes, I hope they will be implemented quickly

Edited once, last by Byldi: Merged a post created by Byldi into this post. ().

• Each attribute on the main card includes a LIMITED selection of attributes that can be made available for selection on additional decks.

Why? Are these tables complete? If so, If I want wisdom, why only dex and HP give it? I don't want to pay 10x times more diamonds because my main deck don't have the atributes that you (in your opinion) are correct for it. Let me play the class I wan't, not what you want. All atributes should be available with the SAME price.

• Each attribute on the main card includes a LIMITED selection of attributes that can be made available for selection on additional decks.

Why? Are these tables complete? If so, If I want wisdom, why only dex and HP give it? I don't want to pay 10x times more diamonds because my main deck don't have the atributes that you (in your opinion) are correct for it. Let me play the class I wan't, not what you want. All atributes should be available with the SAME price.

Maybe bcs the best attributes for each class fits your needs. For mdps: int/matk/sta/HP. Then you can change HP in wis

Can you tell us the prices, if you know it?

Edited once, last by xLutinex: Ein Beitrag von xLutinex mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt. ().

• Official Post

And in what situation do you suppose something could go wrong?

Do you want to have a weak main card, but still make a perfect card in an additional deck? That's not the kind of change we expect.

Maybe bcs the best attributes for each class fits your needs. For mdps: int/matk/sta/HP. Then you can change HP in wis

Absolutely right.

Can you tell us the prices, if you know it?

Unfortunately at the moment I do not have this information. In general, with prices or any conditions, such as how much you have to kill monsters and how much to spray cards to get one or another star - is always in the last place, when the system will be tested and, if necessary, make changes.

We want to give you the most accurate information possible.

• "Please note that only newly looted cards will be included in new system as usually."

That really means we wasted hours of farm (or diams) for nothing with new maps added on cards system ? :/

If this is what is plan, please change this to cards to are already in deck

• Why? Are these tables complete? If so, If I want wisdom, why only dex and HP give it? I don't want to pay 10x times more diamonds because my main deck don't have the atributes that you (in your opinion) are correct for it. Let me play the class I wan't, not what you want. All atributes should be available with the SAME price.

And in what situation do you suppose something could go wrong?

Do you want to have a weak main card, but still make a perfect card in an additional deck? That's not the kind of change we expect.

Did you check what HP stat is giving comparing to other stats? Is a shame and not worth the extra spend that a 4th stat needs.

Lets take orange card as example:

-Stamina max 16. Full buffed we usually have around x2 of our ub stamina so 32. 1 stamina is 5 HP. 32 x 5 = 160

-HP max 60.

Stamina stat is 2.66 times better than HP stat. Only in terms of HP, doesn't include the extra defense which would add another 2 or 3 times better option.

Getting a healer deck from mdps deck is harder than doing it from a leather deck, but isn't the only thing. Other example of why this isnt fair: Get second deck with mdps.

If you are leather pdps as main, mdps will be easier on second deck than if you are a healer. A Leather with 2 stats in main dex/patk can get int/matk as second. Rest of classes would need to add HP/PDEF to start a mdps deck.

Why our second deck will cost X money or 10X depending on which one is our main class? There is no logical reason behind this more than a random pick from your side.

You want to force me to have a perfect (including bad HP as 4th stat) main deck before I can start my second. Instead, a leather could start his healer or his mdps (yeah both) using his main DEX/PATK stat. That is the wrong part and I hope you see it.

These considerations don't even include hybrid classes which I guess you didn't follow balance and aren't aware of them. A druid/warlock should use wisdom, not HP. If my main class is this one (which is), I can't build a good healer deck as second because my main already have wisdom on it. Do you see the problems?

• Official Post

"Please note that only newly looted cards will be included in new system as usually."

That really means we wasted hours of farm (or diams) for nothing with new maps added on cards system ? :/

If this is what is plan, please change this to cards to are already in deck

I want to draw your attention to the fact that this only applies to card types.

Cards obtained before patches stayed as old "Ancient" (now "Dusty"). Newly obtained cards will get certain card type as Universal/Magical/Physical/Defense.

The meaning of these words doesn't apply to anything else.

All previously obtained cards can be used for example for disenchant or stardom. It was in same way in all previous patches.

Why our second deck will cost X money or 10X depending on which one is our main class? There is no logical reason behind this more than a random pick from your side.

A logical sequence is explicitly shown here that allows you to create constraints and represents specific conditions. If a perfect card in an additional deck is needed, then a perfect card in the main deck must first be made. If someone wants to circumvent these constraints, there are additional conditions in the form of an overpriced.

P.S. Additional attributes will be reviewed in relation to the main attributes to make them more effective.

• Why our second deck will cost X money or 10X depending on which one is our main class? There is no logical reason behind this more than a random pick from your side.

A logical sequence is explicitly shown here that allows you to create constraints and represents specific conditions. If a perfect card in an additional deck is needed, then a perfect card in the main deck must first be made. If someone wants to circumvent these constraints, there are additional conditions in the form of an overpriced.

Sorry but it makes no sense. Is unfair to those classes that aren't inside your imaginary "how a deck should be". In this situation healers and mdps will need to pay 10x times more than leathers just because you thought it was the right thing to do. No matter how you want to explain it but that is the reality.

• A logical sequence is explicitly shown here that allows you to create constraints and represents specific conditions. If a perfect card in an additional deck is needed, then a perfect card in the main deck must first be made. If someone wants to circumvent these constraints, there are additional conditions in the form of an overpriced.

Sorry but it makes no sense. Is unfair to those classes that aren't inside your imaginary "how a deck should be". In this situation healers and mdps will need to pay 10x times more than leathers just because you thought it was the right thing to do. No matter how you want to explain it but that is the reality.

why need mdps and healer need to pay 10x more?

int/matk/sta/hp -> best choice?

leather also need: dex/str/sta/patk, not only dex/patk

• Official Post

From your post, I conclude that it is not appropriate for players to choose HP or another additional attribute because it is weak and ineffective. As a result, I say that we are willing to consider it so that these attributes have higher numerical values and are prioritized for cards, but that still doesn't satisfy you?

• Sorry but it makes no sense. Is unfair to those classes that aren't inside your imaginary "how a deck should be". In this situation healers and mdps will need to pay 10x times more than leathers just because you thought it was the right thing to do. No matter how you want to explain it but that is the reality.

From your post, I conclude that it is not appropriate for players to choose HP or another additional attribute because it is weak and ineffective. As a result, I say that we are willing to consider it so that these attributes have higher numerical values and are prioritized for cards, but that still doesn't satisfy you?

Main stats:

Leather: dex/str/patk

Chain: str/pat

Mdps: int/matk

Healers: wis

These are the main stats to use in a deck. Using stamina or HP is something aditional and not needed. Many people won't do it. The main ones are what I typed.

Example number 1. How to get a Second deck: healer.

Main deck Leather: DEX / PATK / STR --- WIS (you can get main stat using your first main stat of your main deck, don't even need STR, stat number 3)

Main deck Mdps: INT / MATK / STA / HP --- WIS (you need 4 stats to achieve this one, not 2)

Main deck Chain: STR / PATK / STA / HP --- WIS (you need 4 stats to achieve this one, not 2)

Example number 2. How to get a Second deck: mdps

Main deck Leather: DEX / PATK / STR --- INT / MATK (you can get 2 main stats using your first 2 main stats of your main deck, don't even need STR, stat number 3)

Main deck Healer: WIS / STA / HP / PDEF --- INT / MATK (you need 4 stats to achieve the mdps 2 main stats, not 2)

Main deck Chain: STR / PATK / STA / HP --- INT / MATK (you need 4 stats to achieve the mdps 2 main stats, not 2)

I hope I explained myself so you see my point.

• but leather need 3 stats, why not forcing others to need 3 too? otherwise it's not fair because leather would need more diamonds for cards ;)

• Oh that is a class balance issue, not cards. You were agains't going full dex system even tho rogues would need to pay more for new stats since they need 2 good ones instead of 1. Needing 3 instead of 2 also apply to that. Is what you and many others wanted because your gears were partially done. This will affect many aspects of the game sadly and probably will require leathers to pay more money for that reason :)

The problem is they want to force other classes to use 4 if they wan't a second deck.

• but leather need 3 stats, why not forcing others to need 3 too? otherwise it's not fair because leather would need more diamonds for cards ;)

Oh that is a class balance issue, not cards. You were agains't going full dex system even tho rogues would need to pay more for new stats since they need 2 good ones instead of 1. Needing 3 instead of 2 also apply to that. Is what you and many others wanted because your gears were partially done. This will affect many aspects of the game sadly and probably will require leathers to pay more money for that reason :)

The problem is they want to force other classes to use 4 if they wan't a second deck.

Exactly, if they want a SECOND deck for nearly free. In my opinion a good way

• And where are the announced changes? New path and nothing :(

And such changes should be ...

=O

What do you mean? They never said that the monster card patch will be the next patch, only that the final information on how the new card system will work will be announced on the day of the patch.

And the fact that we were given information beforehand, which btw everybody always cries about, never meant, at least from what I understood, that these changes will be implemented with the next patch. It just meant, that the designers wanted our input on how they plan to change the system.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

Edited once, last by Laisha ().

• And where are the announced changes? New path and nothing :(

And such changes should be ...

=O

What do you mean? They never said that the monster card patch will be the next patch, only that the final information on how the new card system will work will be announced on the day of the patch.

And the fact that we were given information beforehand, which btw everybody always cries about, never meant, at least from what I understood, that these changes will be implemented with the next patch. It just meant, that the designers wanted our input on how they plan to change the system.

It's a pity that the patch with cards was supposed to be in January and tomorrow will be March :) Yes, I know the ddos attacks. But they delayed all this terribly, it seems a little too much to me. if it goes on like this, this year we won't see a new instance and pvp changes :)

• Official Post

It's a pity that the patch with cards was supposed to be in January and tomorrow will be March :) Yes, I know the ddos attacks. But they delayed all this terribly, it seems a little too much to me. if it goes on like this, this year we won't see a new instance and pvp changes :)

Hello,

Other projects are designed independently to card patch by other developers and game designers. Along with DDOS attacks we had to delegate main card patch developer to wide code changes, that are still on going in meantime. Also card patch creators were disturbed with personal issues that may be now more complex. Despite of this they are trying to work as hard as possible to provide card patch soon.

Greetings

• but why improving or making new card system? i mean new cards now are expensive .

it was fine before the new system.

old system was grind = success or not if its not dropped.

but now you need to grind and refine and use a big amount of diamonds or Gold+golden soulstone which requires more grind .I think all people where fine with it if it stay at the old system.

i think game designers should dont forget that new players should do all this stuff too they need months to keep up on endgame lvl and alot of diamonds i think its deterrent to every new Player how much they have to do, much diamonds to spend, grinding stuff, crafts and craft gear.

i think it dont looks like a bright future if it goes this way further.

i have fear that it will escalate abit.

Best regard idhril

• Hello, I have a question, I am not very closely following all the card changes threads at the moment.

I wonder if I can now confidently upgrade all cards covered by the new system to the maximum, but is it recommended to wait until the patch so as not to be a loss?

Rake

• Official Post

Hello, I have a question, I am not very closely following all the card changes threads at the moment.

I wonder if I can now confidently upgrade all cards covered by the new system to the maximum, but is it recommended to wait until the patch so as not to be a loss?

Rake

The pending monster card patch will have no effect on current cards.
    But it is a good idea to wait for the patch if you plan to participate in the Stardom system to improve your cards with a higher chance of success.