Reworked Monster Cards [Patch 10.4.1.1000]

• Official Post

Greetings,

Your feedback for Patch 10.4.1.1000 - Music Festival, Reworked Monster Cards may be posted within this thread.

Please provide us with your thoughts and opinions while keeping all respective rules in mind when you click the reply button.

Please use this thread only for monster cards system. For class balance please use Patch 10.2.1.1000 - Masked Festival, Class Balance feedback thread.

Feedback should be constructive and provide detailed information, thoughts, and ideas.

Would you like to participate and give your opinion but it's not your thing to do so in the forums thread? Click to use the Survey and send us your feedback!

• Now cat is safe, thanks for that and thanks MidanLauert , we can sleep peacefully.

Great Arcadia!

New system cards look really nice, great idea in my mind.

Hmmm the card system in the video is a double edged sword in my eyes.

If I need to choose which attribute I want at one card, I cannot maximize my equip for 2 classes for example pdps and tank :/

This would not make sense for me to do ans new equipment.

I don't know how other endgame player think about it. Would be nice to share the opinions

Kind regards

• It's all speculation for now, but the card system should be a bit like the cenedril system - where you can easily swap which cards you want active (or perhaps even automatically change it) so that you can have multiple sets for each class you want to play - or the "buffs" need to be small or generic enough to fit into all builds.

Some games like League of Legends or Path of Exile have a system of adaptive stats, whereas the rest of your build decides that other boost, too. Maybe something like that would be perfect...?

I'm definitely very excited about the upcoming patch and once the server is back up, I'll be super happy looking into the system more :D

• The wiki is online. Sadly you need to choose which attributes you want on the cards :/

• It's all speculation for now, but the card system should be a bit like the cenedril system - where you can easily swap which cards you want active (or perhaps even automatically change it) so that you can have multiple sets for each class you want to play - or the "buffs" need to be small or generic enough to fit into all builds.

Some games like League of Legends or Path of Exile have a system of adaptive stats, whereas the rest of your build decides that other boost, too. Maybe something like that would be perfect...?

I'm definitely very excited about the upcoming patch and once the server is back up, I'll be super happy looking into the system more :D

The wiki is online. Sadly you need to choose which attributes you want on the cards :/

Hey, I was just spitballing. :P I hope for a system whereas you can easily switch, perhaps read in multiple copies of a card but always only get one bonus.. :D

• The wiki is online. Sadly you need to choose which attributes you want on the cards :/

Hey, I was just spitballing. :P I hope for a system whereas you can easily switch, perhaps read in multiple copies of a card but always only get one bonus.. :D

A nice idea if you can have like "sets" you can use/switch your cards with depending on what you want . But personally i dont want too farm X Thousand of cards for Pdd and then again farm and reroll the same amount just for example my Healer.

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

• Few thoughts about this new system which is a huge job for everyone, team and players but not as good as you might think. I wish players had a say on this before things are released or atleast things can be changed after, system need changes and asap.

1. As everyone said above, no option to change between classes? In a game and specially this server where everyone have several gears? what?

2. Asmial. Server npc and not private npc. System is new, people barely farmed yet and stones are gone. Imagine if cenedrils had free entry for first people and the rest had to pay 250 dias. Or Dalanis Nightmare, how many people are happy with it closed in 10 mins? Give us our option to buy them whenever we want once a day, for free, as cenedrils, as minigames and as millions of other things in game (I assume you can control IP restrictions etc like not taking cores with other accounts). Let the fastest ones exploit the system isn't the best solution.

3. 250 dias button. That is to see next day stones. What if we want to repeat the ones from today? Add another one for that.

4. So we have trillions of stones to get the atributes we want, from randomness to selected and we only have 1 stone to change values? Just one? Randomly?

Imagine if we plus our gear with a stone randomly from +0 to +20, how would that work for server. This is exactly the same. Create a stone to increase the value of the atribute we want, if for example, values go from 1 to 10, increase by 1 per stone. Can have stages, from 1 to 5, 6 to 8 and 9 to 10. If values go to 50 or whatever, make it so we need 10 or 20 stones to get max lvl, of course prices can be adjusted.

This system is massive and we will spend thousands of hours in it. We need to know our hours will have a reward and that we won't spend them randomly and gambling the outcome, that wouldn't help anyone.

• Madoxx and Lutine are very right

1) The real problem is that many of us have several eq sets, now it will look like you have to define what exactly you want to play, whether you want to play with leather equipment or chain or heal.

Personally, I like this vision, but I believe that it is a rejection of the greatest advantage of arcadia, which is that you can play one character effectively with many combinations. I have no idea how to solve it, I like the idea with sets very much

2) I also agree that the server limit and not the character limit is a bad idea

4) I agree that it is much better that the generated values are not created randomly, but simply improved with stones

Questions from me (I haven't had time to get into all the details, so if I don't know something, I'm sorry:(

1) Is there a "search" option that was in the yacit addon?

2) On what basis are the profits from dismantling the cards determined? I am asking because in different zones the cards drop with different frequency, is it somehow taken into account or equalized?

3) Will a card from a zone like Reifort where it drops hard enough to score the same number of points as a worthless Korris card?

4) What if i want seen only patt card for example?

5) Where i can find max value of upgrade for each colors?

• Hmmm, about

1. As everyone said above, no option to change between classes? In a game and specially this server where everyone have several gears? what?

What do you thing about this idea:

Remove from cards bonus like patt/deff/hp/etc, give elements: Fire/Earth/Etc like on pets.

That is possible to add Bestiary Points or sth like this?

• Hello Arcadians,

i am annoyed because of the new card npc. when the NPC is sold out i have to pay 250 diamonds to get the right to buy something random. I get flashbacks about the "wheel of fortune" which players had to use to get the Plusstones at the ROM Servers from GF. Pls dont make the same mistake as GF.

Greetings

• Or one suggestion (still a huge grinding):

farm a card like fungus 20 times, then you can convert it to "ultimate fungus" which replace the fungus in compendium and the ultimate version has fixed stats with fixed values. No pain for multi class players with multi gear

Still huge grinding if you think about rare cards like ayelo (20 timest would be to much for this one i think ^^)

farm a card like fungus 20 times, then you can convert it to "ultimate fungus" which replace the fungus in compendium and the ultimate version has fixed stats with fixed values. No pain for multi class players with multi gear

Still huge grinding if you think about rare cards like ayelo (20 timest would be to much for this one i think ^^)

I prefer option when we can change all cards on dust and with dusts we can upgrade card, end.

For example:

Exchange:

Green card = 10 dusts

Blue card = 25 dusts

Purple card = 50 dusts

Upgrade:

Green card = need 100 dusts

Blue card = need 500 dusts

Purple card = need 1000 dusts

Upgrade = parametrs from card x10

Actually a very good way how you could solve such things:

Basically the idea of having all cards in the game is super nice, but the moment you gotta randomize the attributes it just gets super unfair for people that try to go for the last peak and want to get everything out as possible. But the moment you gotta decide wether you go in one direction like strength (and make chain classes your main) or go for a MDPS compedium it just gets kinda uninteresting for people that try to play the MAIN sense of the game which is basically just about changing classes and not going in only one direction - it just lowers the fun side of the game.

Even though the idea is super nice its, in my opinion, badly executed.

A better way would be a rewarding system for card farmers which does give impact on the game - but without the random variables

b41bbd57d63d0b6fbf125b8d65f5f6c8.png

https://gyazo.com/b41bbd57d63d0b6fbf125b8d65f5f6c8

Id call it the super card system:

Lets go for the mob Boar as example - The basic card Boar does give +1 Strength totally fine and noone ever complained about that.

How you could design that a little more interesting - the moment you redeem 20 Card Boar (20x the same card - as long as you only have 19 you will only get +1 strength at all) you can transform that card into the super card boar which gives you bonus attributes that ALWAYS stay the same and arent generated randomly. For mobs like Ayelo and other rare mobs you could just adjust the amount of cards needed to obtain the "super-card". So that there is a fair balance that everyone COULD achieve if he is willing to spend the blood and effort to go and farm that card as much as its needed to obtain the supercard. For cards that already give + on all attributes there would no "supercard" be needed because they already give the best bonus you could obtain.

Would be nice if something there could be changed because that does actually lower the fun aspects and up until this point this game was at its peak of fun for me - and if you dont change something about that it does make me think that its just about doing money at some point and giving out random stuff (does give the spirit of golden wings there)

Kind Regards,

• 1. Why do People complain about "i cant swap to other class"? Just dont go for full PATK? (example rogue). If you KNOW that you play multiple classes, why would you force yourself on one set of stats and say "i need to swap :/"? 1 Card can give up to 30 patk (a green one, and only a single stat, you could also get str and dex aswell, and even double patk if youre lucky enough), which can be up to 30 times the value of a normal patk card. Its like having 30 Cards with each 1 Patk. No one forces you how you upgrade/change your cards. It's all your own decision. If you decide you play several classes, you better plan ahead and split it, but if you know you only play one class and you really WANT this full patk, you go for full patk. What i see is that useless cards, like 1 intelligence, can be (up to) 30 patk. Im missing some hp? Better get ~5 cards with high stamina values.

2. The NPC is another thingy. It's their way to make money off of this aswell (even tho some people might cash in to buy cards from others but yea) First comes, first serves, but I feel like people should get at least 2-3 runes for free each routine (1 green, 1 blue, 1 purple)

3. Choosing between this or next routine sounds great! If you're unlucky and you need to roll 4 times to get this one rune you need kinda sucks, especially we cant even buy the blue/purple/yellow ones properly yet, because we simply cant farm cards of this rarity (blue really rare, dont know about purple, and you cant obtain yellow yet from logar)

4. Im not 100% sure what you mean, but afaik, you can change either random to random, or (example) stamina to wisdom.

Im not saying the system is perfect, but personally, i like it (but i like everything which has to do with grind which many dont). The RNG is a weird thing as most things including rng. People really need to stop seeing this as "omg i need to max it all" since its probl not possible. It's like t20 statted weapon. Yes, its possible technically, but no one will do it since its too time consuming and expensive. Same with the cards: every card 4 stats which have to be the right ones for the class(es) of your decision and have a high value. and this 30x for all logar cards. lol. I see it as "30 cards with 30 good stats, which i can change fitting to my playstyle. Now my Rogue doesnt have 2k wisdom from cards, but instead 5k patk!"

• I really like the new system as it is, I like the idea behind it but... me and some of my guild mates think, you brought this into game too early. In a while all of us will have different passive attributes, so all players will deal (and take) a very different damage in inis, bcz of less or more def, less or more matt/patt, etc. Maybe it would have been better to first finish the balancing before introducing something like that.

• Im not saying the system is perfect, but personally, i like it (but i like everything which has to do with grind which many dont). The RNG is a weird thing as most things including rng.

I agree with Shino and I think the new card-system brings much more than just the new cards. Its true the new system is a grind but besides that it also opens new possibilities for trading and a completele new marked where as newer people can also benefit from farming these cards. And most importantly we shouldnt complain yet since the current state is just a test phase and we cant really say much about the whole system since we are not able to make full use of everything; atleast not yet. Some card rarities are still disabled such as the legendary ones so we cant say its full rng based since most of the stones from the NPC are not buyable yet. At the current state the attributes are just pure RNG but maybe that changes once the lengendary stones are purchaseable. Atleast I hope so. :D

In addition I support the idea of having atleast some free stones per character since the server NPC is a huge handycap for some people that really spent their time farming and cant make full use of it since they lack stones which they need to upgrade the cards properly.

Greets.

Talking about peace whilst spilling blood, it’s something that only humans can do.

• The idea of the new card system is not bad.

-)The attributes of a card can be enhanced the whole time

-)The value of the monstercards in a low area will be raised.

-)The players have now something ’new’ to do

-)Perhaps some other reasons too.

But it changes the game to a not sustainable one , cause the system is only very friendly for the people who has enough/whole time only to farm in game. How many hours should be spent to farm in order to get a good card? It seems very hard. I took 5 hours to get 3 cards with 3 attribute, unfortunately with lower value and they are not suitable for my class what I am playing. The new card system is for me a task, because it is impossible to know how long I need to get the ‘best’ card. The attributes of cards are so RANDOM.
    For the high-end players, who must work ,study or not has so much time to play any more due to the end of lockdown , it makes no sense!

With reference to new players, my question is: who begins tp play a MMORPG game with only cards farming? A lot of new players are coming to acardia because they can go to dungeons in one week! So I donot think the new card system will be amazing and attractive for new players.

Perhaps it will be more attractive for me to bring new contents, such as new class balancing ideas , Worldboss, new zones and PVP!

Best Regards!

• The card system is a big breath of fresh air that I really like. It currently takes a very long time to get proper cards with little reward; one of my guild mates spent 5 hours on getting a card that was useable that ended up being a net-gain of 50 pAtk. I like that it is a good way to revive dead content without changing it too much. To keep in line with that but also make it more user friendly, here is what I would do:

• lower the variance of stats to +-10% of the median (from 20 to 50 would then be 31,5 to 38,5 pAtk)
    • designate different cards for different stats (so that one may hold the correct cards for each role to fill simultaneously. e.g. Faries = Wisdom, Creatures = Tank, Demons = Mage... stuff like that!)
    • introduce "booster packs" as a purchaseable reward that one may buy for phirius shells/coins to both revive dead content (minigames) and lessen the indiscriminatory grind. (Do NOT put boss cards into these! :D)

• Heyo ,

When i open the Card Compendium / Card Rankings both show me different Values of how much Cards i have.

https://gyazo.com/7617f653657b2a40f60c26558bfcf9d2

https://gyazo.com/fe8394962ed99b30e4ba9be1ded2be40

Also in adition in the Zone Vortis , 2 Cards are 2 times in the compendium

https://gyazo.com/85c0699b86054956120bf9fd4761751f

https://gyazo.com/587b4139ce456819c5abf0fe9aa8c9cd

( Card ID: 777380 and 777382)

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

• Heyo,

Essentially i like the basic principle of the new Card System.

But after trying out the new Card System / Rerolling and farming Cards,

there is 1 Major Things that bothers me about the System.

The Overall Randomness/for my taste too much RNG with the Shop/NPC where u can buy Upgrade Stones for Cards.

Super nice Idea to offer Players a way to Upgrade their Cards even more with extra Stones that you get for disenchanting bad rolled Cards .

Big Big thing that bothers me is that there are around 160 Different Stones (correct me if im wrong) but the Shop offers only 20 Different Stones at a Time and if you want more /different Stones you either have to wait 6 Hours! for a restock or 24h for a refill with new Random Stones and random count each Time . And waiting those times does not even guarantee you that you get the stones you want or guarantee you even that you get any stones at all because everyone has access to the same Stones. What i have witnessed over the last days is people camping infront of the NPC and waiting for a restock/refill and just buying all stones out nearly instantly.The only thing to avoid this is to have your own "personal" NPC by restocking the Merchant, costing 250 Diamonds. But then again you only have a choice of 20 different stones with a different count each time. So theoretically(!) you would have to spend 2.000 Diamonds too see each stone atleast once or wait a horrendous amount of time with Luck on your Side.

My Suggestion to improve this would be at first , Make the Shop personal nevertheless if you wait for restocks or buy the refresh/restock.

Another Suggestion from my Side would be to either remove the Diamonds Costs for refreshing the shop completly and add the option to refresh the Shop for Green or Blue (maybe even Purple?) SoulStones . For example currently 1000-2000 Green SoulStones for a refresh and when new zones come out who naturally drop cards better (e.g the Islands Korris Vortis etc) increase the priece of the refresh accordingly or Change the NPC too have all Stones at all Times available for everyone but adjust the priece accordingly (e.g Change the Green from 100 too 1000 or 2000) .

( The Values are not part of the Suggestions , they are just here to give a better view for my suggestion and should be obviously changed accordingly what the Team would see fit)

Greetings :thumbup:

Edited 2 times, last by Cruvor ().