New way of information for new players on Arcadia

• Hello Arcadians!

Sorry for the long following text but I need to explain where my suggestion is set. And sorry for my very bad English... I hope you get the message!

I played on offical servers bevor round about 10 years and really loved it. After e few years I quit the game because in my oprinion the publisher had a bad handling of the community and the game got more and more bugs and pay to win elements.

Now nearly 3 month ago I saw the trailer of Chronicals of Arcadia on Facebook. I recogniced the game directly and took a curious look on the website and the forums in order to get some information about Arcadia. Although the first look did not satisfy much I made an account and downloaded the client only because ist was not the same publisher that I knew. As soon as I was logged in I opened the itemshop. This was positiv to me cause I saw that I can buy everything I was used to need (Maybe it was during the weekend, but did not remember exactly). The next steps took me to Logar in order to have a look inside the broker. To see the very high numbers of prices for items in diamonds was very shocking to me and I suspected massiv pay to win. The only reason I did not quit the game instant was that I really loved the game in earlier times. So i went back to the forums and tried to get more information about the economy on arcadia and made a post to find out if there are german players and maybe if I will find a helpfull guild.

Today I´m glad that i met the right people. They explained me everything about Arcadia and supported me to get in the game fast. If I would have met other people I probably would have quit the game.

I recogniced that other people made the same experience. I whispered to a new player who asked for help and informations in the starting zone near to Logar. I explained him the most important special things about Arcadia, gave some gold to him and offered help whenever he needs it. Today we are in the same guild and he told me, that he would have left the game at the first day if we would not have met each other.

Most oft he poeple I met on Arcadia told me that they played the offical version of this game before. So i suppose that most oft he new players have played rom before and like me they will try to compare it with Arcadia in the first moments. Arcadia is great and the differences to the offical versions are a lot and very very good! The problem is hat you can´t see this at the beginning.

On the website you see the differences between Arcadia and other versions hidden here at the end: https://chroniclesofarcadia.com/de/spielinhalte/

At the beginning i did not find it and i did not recogniced that this are the differences between Arcadia and offical versions. Maybe it is odd to the German translation of this part.

But to get the information in the game depends on how dogged and how lucky you are and if you meet the right people or not. This is where my suggestion ist set: It should be certain that you get all this important information about the characteristics of this server at the beginning and during your adventures on Arcadia.The best case is you get the information in the game.

I could imagine that you get a companion at the beginning that can be summoned similar to the „starter egg“ (or at least a NPC) and that has two big functions:

1. FAQ for adventurers from „foreign worlds“ and all who are interested

2. Tutotorial Questline through the characeristics of Arcadia

Starter Pet or NPC.pdf

I have written some suggestions for the both points in order to get an idea of what is my intention. I put it in a PDF-Document so that this post did not get to much confusing. I know that these ideas are not complete and of course they should be adapted and completed with other ideas and must be put in a better English. But as I said in the beginning it is sad when people leave Arcadia after e few moments just because they can´t get an idea about the characteristics of Arcadia. I think a tool like this that is set inside the game would be very helpfull for expsecally players who only know the official version to get save some information about Arcadia and it would be helpfull for new players too.

Regardless this suggestion I would be glad if somebody with better English could write some FAQs like this for the forum and maybe the could be put in a sticky post so that interested and new players can find fast a good overview :)

Approved the thread.
  • I have no words. This is just brilliant.

I have never seen such a well thought-of and prepared suggestion. ^^

I am shocked that this ended up in declined suggestions for a while... 8o

Just a very minor addition: Adding the FAQ to the ingame help (F11 or something) and hinting at that in default chat or as system msg for new players might work as well.

Cheers!:thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• I agree that this is brilliant and well thought-of and I am glad that this was repositioned from "declined" to "suggestions and Ideas"

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Official Post

Hello,

Just to clarify, thread was posted by author in wrong "Declined" section. Once we noticed it, moved to correct section.

Greetings

Added the Label Gameplay