Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Yes, it's possible. Years ago I played with an xbox controller. You just had to bind the original keyboard keys to your controller with a certain software tool. In Win7 there was even a setting to do so, but I can't remember, it's been a long time... But look for a solution, you will find one for sure. You may bind the W key to gas pedal and S to brake, then you can drive through the world on your horse on the most immersive way.

PS: as far as I remember, mouse clicks were the most difficult to bind to a controller key. But just for pedals, you're good to go I guess. :thumbup:

i would be glad if u would remember this tool, i like playing by pad more than keybord and mouse

ps: any update about servers?

• wl/wd is maybe the best class what you can play atm. ppl do bossevent complete solo with it. you can also do a lot of other inis with it solo. is it enough what i should say about that ? also the dmg in rofl is one of the best.

Hmm interesting. Yes, you can solo a lot with it, but same works with wl/k, wl/ch and even d/wl. But the performance of a wl/wd in rofl is just bad these days. Tbh I see no use in playing any warlock dps at all atm. Maybe wl/r has some potential, but everything else is not as good as other magical classes. However, wlwd is maybe the easiest class and has a very good survivability, decent support (since it's a warlock with good psi sustain), can tank (if you have enough skill for it) and deal a bit of damage at least. From my pov, the class is strong in the long run, if your party isn't that strong and mobs live for longer, same for bosses. It's sustain damage and offburst are very good. But that is worth not much these days. Even a S/M has a better offburst than Wl/Wd.

But since we wanna balance for rofl, the fact of soloing isn't necessary, the class is just below average imo. The class was the best to play at its release, but in the meantime... are you really sure we're playing on the same patch?

• Yes, it's possible. Years ago I played with an xbox controller. You just had to bind the original keyboard keys to your controller with a certain software tool. In Win7 there was even a setting to do so, but I can't remember, it's been a long time... But look for a solution, you will find one for sure. You may bind the W key to gas pedal and S to brake, then you can drive through the world on your horse on the most immersive way.

PS: as far as I remember, mouse clicks were the most difficult to bind to a controller key. But just for pedals, you're good to go I guess. :thumbup:

i would be glad if u would remember this tool, i like playing by pad more than keybord and mouse

ps: any update about servers?

Check this out: https://github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro
    Haven't tested it, but seems to be what you're looking for. It's meant to work on a controller, but pedals should work the same way I guess.

• wl/wd is maybe the best class what you can play atm. ppl do bossevent complete solo with it. you can also do a lot of other inis with it solo. is it enough what i should say about that ? also the dmg in rofl is one of the best.

Hmm interesting. Yes, you can solo a lot with it, but same works with wl/k, wl/ch and even d/wl. But the performance of a wl/wd in rofl is just bad these days. Tbh I see no use in playing any warlock dps at all atm. Maybe wl/r has some potential, but everything else is not as good as other magical classes. However, wlwd is maybe the easiest class and has a very good survivability, decent support (since it's a warlock with good psi sustain), can tank (if you have enough skill for it) and deal a bit of damage at least. From my pov, the class is strong in the long run, if your party isn't that strong and mobs live for longer, same for bosses. It's sustain damage and offburst are very good. But that is worth not much these days. Even a S/M has a better offburst than Wl/Wd.

But since we wanna balance for rofl, the fact of soloing isn't necessary, the class is just below average imo. The class was the best to play at its release, but in the meantime... are you really sure we're playing on the same patch?

I dont think that the performance is bad of the wl/wd in rofl. the last time when i saw wl/wd or wl/r they were still op.

• wl/wd is maybe the best class what you can play atm.

Tell me a scenario where a wl/wd is top DPS in any instance with atleast 2-3 other dps in the party (who usually play the meta classes). Warlocks are below average as Zyrex already mentioned. The only warlock I have seen the past 2 weeks are wl/m for support despite wl/m being a good support other than that warlocks are not worth playing in my opinion atleast not for dps as there are multiple better class combinations for magical dps that perform better or correct me if I am wrong but I did my own tests and I can obviously be totally wrong about that. And believe me or not I couldnt care less but I tried every possible warlock combination for dps and all of them where below average of course that doesnt mean these classes are not playable they are but if you focus around dps and dealing the most dmg you possible can your best choice for magical dps are d/wl and any kind of mage or wd/d atm. And this is just my personal opinion but I think that warlocks could use a little buff not a major one but I think increasing the Dmg of Surge of Malice and Soul Crusher slighty should do.

Talking about peace whilst spilling blood, it’s something that only humans can do.

Edited once, last by Ashlynn ().

• В

wl/wd is maybe the best class what you can play atm.

Tell me a scenario where a wl/wd is top DPS in any instance with atleast 2-3 other dps in the party (who usually play the meta classes). Warlocks are below average as Zyrek already mentioned. The only warlock I have seen the past 2 weeks are wl/m for support despite wl/m being a good support other than that warlocks are not worth playing in my opinion atleast not for dps as there are multiple better class combinations for magical dps that perform better or correct me if I am wrong but I did my own tests and I can obviously be totally wrong about that. And believe me or not I couldnt care less but I tried every possible warlock combination for dps and all of them where below average of course that doesnt mean these classes are not playable they are but if you focus around dps and dealing the most dmg you possible can your best choice for magical dps are d/wl and any kind of mage or wd/d atm. And this is just my personal opinion but I think that warlocks could use a little buff not a major one but I think increasing the Dmg of Surge of Malice and Soul Crusher slighty should do.

Agree. WL needs to be strengthened.

• the last time when i saw wl/wd or wl/r they were still op

So these 2 are equal in dps in your opinion?

Zyrek

:pinch: Game over I guess

warlocks are not worth playing in my opinion atleast not for dps as there are multiple better class combinations for magical dps that perform better

I came to the same conclusion, even by not running random that much. :thumbup: Fully agree to you. The Soul Crusher could fix all problems at once.

• I think that in order for the Warlock to become a decent class in dps again, the following changes need to be made: skill ID = 497959 to make instant but slightly reduce damage, skill set ID = 490342 to increase the cooldown to 60 seconds, and skill set ID = 490444 to act as a mage Id 490243, setskill = 490449 to remove caste time, I think this will make the class much stronger and more enjoyable

• I think that in order for the Warlock to become a decent class in dps again, the following changes need to be made: skill ID = 497959 to make instant but slightly reduce damage, skill set ID = 490342 to increase the cooldown to 60 seconds, and skill set ID = 490444 to act as a mage Id 490243, setskill = 490449 to remove caste time, I think this will make the class much stronger and more enjoyable

Though I agree with you that warlock needs a buff this is not what I meant. I think the current place warlock is at the moment is okayish? it is below average not good and not bad compared to the other magical dps classes.

made: skill ID = 497959 to make instant but slightly reduce damage

I thought of this solution as well because why not give him another instant AOE to bust his trash dmg outcome a little further. Although it would increase the AOE potential of warlock tremendously it would also enable the warlock to have access for another spamable cd which I would not recommend as of now I think warlock is in a weak spot but by buffing that skill I think the unique mechanic playing around your %darkdmg buffs/debuffs would disappear because you could just spam Weakening Weave Curse to apply the 9.2% dark dmg buff.

skill set ID = 490342 to increase the cooldown to 60 seconds

Path of Anguish already has a total activation time of 50 seconds in TOTAL, you use this skill before any other in your burst rotation and by the time you are done buffing it stacked up to 10 stacks then you benefit 40secs with 50% increased dark dmg, I think this setskill right now is okay as it is.

and skill set ID = 490444 to act as a mage Id 490243

No! Warlock has a unique playstyle and can not be compared to mage, because the majority of dmg is based off of you increasing your own darkdmg! You have to take in consideration that each time warlock increases his own darkdmg any further increases adds up.

So here a little example for wl/ch because I always liked to play that combination: my starting number for Darkdmg is 180% since I already have increased %darkdmg from my title "Destoyer of the Underworld" and the title system ( numbers might vary depending your class combination titles etc ) so if you add Path of Anguish now and wait for it to be fully stacked you end up with 319% darkdmg already, now activate Rune Energy Devotion ( wl/ch exclusive ) and you end up with 523%, lastly for your selfbuffs you use Chaos Guide and end up with 990% increased dark dmg and take this number and add the additional 10% you get from Spatial Rift you end up with 1099% increased darkdmg so these are huge numbers already but sadly still not enough to compete with the other classes in terms of AOE since you lack the base dmg from these skills since most skills dont have a int multiplier like mage does yea you can get up to ridiculous numbers of %darkdmg but these only last a few seconds and then you are stuck with your base dmg which is low compared to any other mage class. Not a single aoe despite Beast's Roar has a int multiplier which is why it sucks at aoe right now.

But these are just my thoughts about the warlock as I mentioned before I could be wrong or others share a different opinion than me then let me know I would greatly appreciate every idea regarding the warlock since that class used to be my most favorite mdps class. :D and if you are too shy to post your ideas here in the Forum you can always hit me up ingame: Ashlynn

Talking about peace whilst spilling blood, it’s something that only humans can do.

• I think dr/wl need a nerf from 130% to 105% poisen dmg not from 130% to 120%.

I think its balanced if you nerf 25% dmg.

And i think this is to much.

10% is fine i think.

In addition to it:

I recommend this skill by 2500 + 1 INT Poison Dmg

Here i recommand to decrease the damage increase for the stacks to 50%

And the class will perform good as usual.

But not this strong.

sdEORVa.jpeg

No Guts No Glory No Legend No Story.

Edited 2 times, last by Idhril ().

• Those changes MIGHT be good, but i prefer to see few more small changes step by step in the way of making balance, not radical change everything in one patch.

In General it would be nice to see more often small patches with little change like 2% - 3% etc. not like completely changeing the whole class or skills

• "Those changes MIGHT be good, but i prefer to see few more small changes step by step in the way of making balance, not radical change everything in one patch.

In General it would be nice to see more often small patches with little change like 2% - 3% etc. not like completely changeing the whole class or skills" -deszcz2

But this Class need a bit more than - 10 % poison dmg

sdEORVa.jpeg

No Guts No Glory No Legend No Story.

• "Those changes MIGHT be good, but i prefer to see few more small changes step by step in the way of making balance, not radical change everything in one patch.

In General it would be nice to see more often small patches with little change like 2% - 3% etc. not like completely changeing the whole class or skills" -deszcz2

But this Class need a bit more than - 10 % poison dmg

if that will be fact after patch, then next small nerf as i wrote, maybe i wasn't clear for you? if class (any) is too powerfull, then nerfing should be done step by step, small nerfs, patch by patch, same goes with buffs for too weak classes, small buffs step by step patch by patch.
    What we have now in most cases is boost to oblivion or simply kiling class.

• I think dr/wl need a nerf from 130% to 105% poisen dmg not from 130% to 120%.

I think its balanced if you nerf 25% dmg.

I thought about that 1 night and maybe its a to hard nerf for the aoe. i have better suggestion.

Change Sandstorm dmg from 5 x 100% dmg to 140%,120%,100%,80%,60% dmg for have faster dmgoutput at start of the skill but same DMG after use Sandstorm 1 time.

nerf Sandstorm from 3% to 6% loose dmg by hit a mob.

nerf toxic of natur from 60% to 30-40% extra dmg.

I think its better than take 25% toxic dmg because the aoe dmg will be to less if you nerf like i said. the aoe only need a little nerf and a higher damage peak at the beginning. but a little bit less dmg for the whole skill.

The single target skill need a hard nerf. The single target dmg is very high atm. i think nerf 20-30 % of poisen of natur skill should be good to balance the single target dmg.

Take 25% will maybe destroy thats good for singletargetnerf but not for aoe nerf. For aoe its to much.

• Wl/D

Kinda bad. The elite skills make it seem that the class is supposed to be a heal/support class played with mdps gear.

Its supportive skills are good because of its warlock nature but the heals are kinda lacking. And since you dont have any heal bonuses on an mdps gear some support skills like mindbarrier 497965 arent even fully usable. Maybe transfer some of the remaining matk to heal bonus or something.

However i am really not a heal main and would like to hear other peoples takes on the class. Right now the class feels very lacking. Not a true support and also not really a full heal or mdps either.

~regards Noodlez

• Its healing in heal gear is quite ok but it just doesnt make sense to play this class since 1. u dont offer better support then other wl classes 2. the healing is ok and probably really good if u build a full heal gear on int/int(but for real who does that??)

If the class should be a real heal class then the whole meta with druid and priests must be changed since for now u always prefer druid and priest heal over anything.

So i guess it should rather take a spot like wd/p and give this class some unique support skills combined with a bit of healing.

• Frankly, all the class needs for viability is to make the whispers BUFF raid wide. Right now only the heal is.

• Hi,

i would like it if warlocks get a wand boost.

to my memory d/wl wasnt talked about til ppl started using new talis.

also in future i would like to see a new magical bow with 2.1 speed.

&)

I think a light buff for wands (but it's really light max 10% - 15%) should liven up this class a bit :)

As far as the magic bow is concerned, in principle there is nothing to prevent such a solution from being introduced into the game.

As for D/Wl

I'm still of the opinion that his damage should be dependent on his spellcasting speed.

Greetings