Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• I support the general changes being made, though I do not enjoy the broad strokes that have been put forth to apply them; imho it wasn't neccessary to nerf all the champs damage, just the ch/m's. That being said, I am glad about the direction of this patch!

Yes, the only thing I'm missing is the nerf on specific combinations (in my opinion, I can be wrong, but I'm thinking about m/ch, m/s, ch/m), but the overall changes are very good, the characters have been greatly enhanced during balancing, this is a step in the right direction.

I also like that the stronger combination got a stronger nerf, the weaker ones got a bit weaker, but the nerf applies to everyone.

Well done DEV's!

• Mage

• Reduced Elemental Knowledge damage gain to 72% from 82%

of course I agree that the mage is a bit too much beating class, but weakening him by as much as 10% is too strong in relation to other class nerf.

I propose to reduce Elemental Knowledge damage gain to 74 - 75%

Scout/Warlock

• Increased Elemental Discipline damage to 143.4% from 78.9%.

thanks for this change. This is a step in the right direction, but it is still not enough to fully "revive" this combination:/. For example, consider the spellcasting time reduction for specific skills;).

Greetings

• btw for me all the magic class is same wl/s is like wl/ch m/s too m/ch too only 1 class is too strong for rofl is m/wd the aoe skill is too op like ch/m if you have on grup m/wd ch/m + 1 r/s on boss or r/ch you no need more dps for rofl only wl/m on suport tank and heal then 6 ppl on rolf is good for do fast full run if you change wl/s and m/wd m/s wl/wd and ch/d only change aoes skill nothink more will be all soo good but this is only me opinions and ppl who say he only see wl/wd he is wrong because more player play m/wd m/s

• in relation to the nerf of which class? Rogues get a nerf in dagger passive which will decrease their damage by ~10%

Champions get nerfed by ~12%

(In relation to the damage formula of pdps. Get in mind that nerfing a passive like hammer by 8% results in a damage loss more than 8% . It is different than mdps)

• Mage/Knight

• Changed Light Charge to Illumination; Creates an aura within designated area which inflicts 3600 + 0.3 x INT light damage to enemies within 60 radius with 10% damage decrement for each extra target, every second for 5 seconds.

I think that is a really good idea and will push overaldmg like normal thunderstorm did for all mages, well done.

Druid/Mage

• Changed Inspiration to reduce casting time of all skills for 4 seconds instead of next skill, increased trigger chance to 100% from 72%.

Is an interesting change and I really like it. Different mechanic than other 2 druids and that is good.

The class is half way and need a deep rework. It has elites to be dps, others to be support and also to be healer.

Heal:

Support:

And useless one:

I really think they should be adapted aswell. In those changes class need a magical attack passive source (right now it has 0) and some single dmg buff. I compared with d/r and while that does a 45kk hit, d/m do 25kk. Im not saying it should be that high but also not that low.

You started with this class, please im begging you, don't make us wait another month to change next skill.

Beside this, just wanted to say is nice when our suggestions get heard, thank you.

Regards, Madoxx.

• But pls don't let D/M overperform with all those skills. I tested on dummies. Selfbuffed as D/R Earth Arrow deals 6,1kk + 9,6kk damage (earth + dark damage). Poisonous Widow Embrace deals 13,3kk + 10*1,3kk (all hits critical).

As D/M my Earth Arrow dealt 6,6kk + 13,2kk (Fire and Earth damage). Sure D/R does more damage, because I tested both with same weapon (2h staff). But I think the AOE of D/M is already stronger than from D/R. If D/M gets a buff, don't overdo it pls *g*. Your elemental damage buffs on D/M are permanently active while of D/R 1 skill is only 50% uptime

Kind regards

• Sorry but you are comparing wrong things.

1. You can't compare with staff, d/r will have way more mdmg than d/m using wand + hammer.

2. You can't compare earth arrows since that isn't the skill those classes spam. d/r use energy skill in most of the cases and d/m earth arrow (4s every 6s will be spammable for d/m so pretty similar to druid/rogue skill)

Retried dmg so you can see:

d/r: ub 35kk, with dark buff 52kk

d/m: ub 22kk, with its 30s buff (but 90s cd instead of 60s) 26kk.

As you see d/r is 60% higher single dmg ub and half of the time is literally x2 dmg. Yes I agree aoes will probably be higher but with 0 mattack atm and waaaaaaaaay lower single, this isn't viable unless they change more things.

Regards, Madoxx.

• as I said, I tested this way to see/show the base damage the classes do. If you remove all heal/support capability of D/M ok, then you can buff the class significantly. I am looking at the overall package of the class. Sure I know D/M as mdps isnt strong as pure mdps :)

• Heyho,:)

Warrior

• Reduced 2-H Weapon Mastery to 71% from 76.5%.
    • Reduced 1-H Weapon Mastery to 76.5% from 82%.

I think it's the right decision that these 2 points won't be implemented because that would make the Warrior even more unattractive than he already is. I think many people share the opinion that anything a warrior can do can be both wardem and champion by far better. Especially in the Aoe damage the warrior lags behind some classes in my view, so I have 1 suggestion that could fix this problem and make it profitable again.

My suggestion:

I would like to see "moon cleave" and "crescent moon cleave" modified, that, as a few weeks ago, the global cooldowns are removed from imprisonment pulse and kinetic explosion. This is the point that makes him very slow and also most of the damage is lost in large mob groups and generally in the trash of the main Aoe damage skills. I also don't think this change would overperform the class, because tension management is the most important thing for the Warriors and not always easy to control.

If it were to get too strong anyway, you could think about class-specific nerfs, but to make the warrior a little more comfortable in the style of play in general, that would be a good idea.

Greetings Ryzek:thumbup:

• Regarding the upcoming Warmages change:

Increased Electrical Rage duration to 30 seconds from 10, changed damage type to fire from wind.

I have a few questions.
    1) Why did you change Electrical Rage to do damage (Patch 10.4.0.3000) if you NOW change it to only be used every 30sec because for a 30sec cd skill it deals way to less damage. (Even though I generally like the idea that the buff lasts 30sec).

2) Please, please don't change the damage type from wind to fire. After the latest changes your main damage skills deal WIND damage, which is why you buff your Wind damage and not your fire (currently) so it makes absolutely no sense that this deals fire damage (also the name "ELECTRICAL" doesn't make much sense if it does fire damage).

3) The other changes I really like :D

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

Edited once, last by Laisha ().

• I've noticed that there's a big difference between end- and midgame players when it comes to the satisfaction of ROFL, whereas the Midgame-Players feel like it's just not worth it to play the classes they want simply because they're being incredibly outshined by other players while the endgame players often despise ROFL for it's monotony and ease of play once you figure out how to do it.

Therefore I propose this:
    -> Turn the current normal mode into easy mode; reduce the amount of core shards needed to 1

-> Turn the current hard mode to normal mode and revert some of the buffs to bosses and mobs (Especially nerf the mobs aoe! :D)
    -> Finally implement those changes into the new hard mode and buff the bosses again, but also beef up the rewards (e.g. 2 cores, 10k coins, "petrified" pain/knowledge/protection-fragments at endboss, like Gorge and Inferno have?)

This way the very endgame players have a reason to keep pushing themselves while giving the midgame players a chance to catch up without being literally leeched through. It would also give more levers in terms of balancing.

ROFL has put many players in a corner, as Gorge is often more difficult (event wise) than the higher instance and Inferno doesn't bring enough income to properly breach someone into the endgame.

Have a blessed day,
    Midan

• even though I think there won't be such changes for rofl, you should also buff the endboss. It is a joke that you don't need a tank for it, because you can kite the boss. The movement speed should be increased significantly, that it will always be faster than players with boots (~600%)

Furthermore in relation to a new hardmode, the events of the last boss are too random. You can have 0 add phases in 5 minutes fight or 20. To random to be a good hardmode boss that challenge the party. A good change would be only add phases at fix hp of boss like every 5% or 10% like it is at targonharl worldboss. That would be a challenge if you always need to do 19 add phases (every 5%)

• WdW

After some time of playing this class I got used to it and need to update my suggestions I recently made:

Quote from Zyrex (18.04.)
    • Change Resilience of Life494354 should additionally increase physical defense by 30% to give the class more def than dps champs... :rolleyes:
    • The Lv 50 eilte Coat of Arms494611 is a bit useless in my eyes. It could buff the entire party or raid instead of only one target and the caster.
    • Also the Lv 60 eilte Elf Blessing499902 could reduce the cooldown of Elven Guidance499903 by 30 seconds additionally. My mana consume was a bit too high, even while using a wisdom transformation potion and additional support. So the skill was always having about 20 seconds left, when I wanted to use it again.
    • Feral Leader499900 should increase the damage of party members by 5% instead of reducing the aggro, which is pretty useless, bcz everyone is already at the 10% aggro cap.
    • Defensive power seems alright, since you parry all the time.
    • Coat of Arms hitting a second target is useless. I used it only for myself, never on someone else. Maybe change this to a partybuff as suggested above.
    • Mana sustain is still very bad, Elven Guidance definitely needs a shorter cooldown of 60-90 seconds on this class. Even while I was using all my MP buffs (or MP reduction buffs) and additional MP recovery from healers, I constantly had to use my potions. Maybe reduce the increased phys. def., while lowering the cooldown not to make the skill op.
    • Feral Leader's aggro reduction is still useless, since I had no problems with aggro at all, even against champs who forgot about their hatred rune. Instead, maybe reduce the party's incoming damage by 10% for the duration as xLutinex mentioned as well.
  • Am I miss something? The main damage skill of rogue/warrior is nerfed by more than 50% (the damage of time). It was always on #1 in my scruti

• Hey,:)

• Increased Moon Cleave radius to 80 from 60, changed it to have visible channel bar, removed global cooldown trigger.

At this point, I would just like to say thank you. With this change the warrior will be much more comfortable to play and in combination with the upcoming warrior/scout (this class is actually already very strong^^) buff I am very excited to test everything.

Greetings :thumbup:

• xLutinex

50% of all dmg (on an instance scale) from the toxic splash? Hmmm, what about whirlwind and other skills? Toxic splash is 25% dps in my opinion. Rogue / warrior got 40% nerf on this skill, so referring to the old value you will be doing 0.9 x old value dmg in the whole instance.

But you got a damage boost + 10%, so without going into the mechanics in detail, you will be doing 0.99 x the old value dmg of the whole instance.

With a 7% damage nerf on other rogues, I'm sure that after this patch the rogue / warrior will be the strongest rogue, maybe not as OP as the rogue / scout previously, but still the strongest.

I completely don't understand where this boost dmg came from on the rogue / warrior. They nerf all rogues, including those who did not need this nerf (in relation to other rogue combinations) and okey, then they should nerf too strong combinations and not boost those which in their opinion are too weak.

The meaning of my statement is that in my opinion what is shown in the changes to the rogue / warrior got a boost, not nerf, which, taking into account the fact that he was very strong and most of the other rogues were nerfed, makes the rogue / warrior the strongest rogue. So the season of too strong a combination starts again.

• #new_update

Rogue/Warrior

• Reduced 1-H Axe Mastery damage gain to 86.5% from 93.2%.
    • Increased 1-H Axe Mastery damage gain to 103.6% 98% from 93.2%.
    • Decreased Toxic Splash damage to 3081 2568 from 5136.

Better, thanks <3

But my propostion is: if we nerf all rogues, dont boost dmg on r/w yet, if you dont want nerf all dmg on this class (Axe Mastery), nerf only Toxic Splash and give us time to test, after that (if he will need this) boost him overall dmg.

• I said the skill is nerfed by 50% and not doing 50% dmg of all dmg. it was like 30% of overall damage. nerfing it by 50% means ~15% nerf of overall damage. buffing by 4,8% axe damage (offhand you use dagger atm) means buffed by ~7% / 2 because you always do half mainhand and half offhand damage. -> buffing by 3,5%. 15% - 3,5% = 11,5%. Not 100% correctly but I guess this class is nerfed by around 10% (additionally to dagger offhand nerf). I don't think many random parties will have only r/w ^^

Other rogues still have ~10% damage nerf.

I say it again: nerfing a passive like dagger passive by 6,6% does not mean a damage nerf of 6,6% of the skills. it will result in ~10% damage nerf ;)

• Yes, you are right, but when I wrote that message, the info in patchnotes was that:

Increased 1-H Ax Mastery damage gain to 103.6% from 93.2%. = 10% boost all dmg

and

Decreased Toxic Splash damage to 3081 from 5136. = nerf 41%

• Hey again,^^

with regard to champion/warden, I think changes should also be made.

Please just look at the scruti and then everyone knows that this class is really unfair. The damage output is abnormally high, because every skill felt is based on Earth damage and you can boost it infinitely in this class. It has to be said that we had a champ/druid and scout/priest and mage/warlock as extra support, but the 2nd in the scruti was a scout/druid with 5kkk and equal leather gear (was already leaved out of the group with this gyazo). The run lasted about 50 minutes and the damage alone at boss 3 after I was down 1 time was about 1.2kkk.

My Suggestions:

1.)You should lower Weapon Wardens guard earth damage from 50% to 40% or some fair value.

2.)You should reduce explosion wave earth damage from 30% to 20% or some fair value.

Greetings Ryzek:thumbup:

• SWl

Scout/Warlock

• Increased Elemental Discipline damage to 143.4% from 78.9%.

In my rotation, the Elemental Discipline is equal to 13-15% of my dps. So this buff would approx. increase my dps by another 10-13%, If I calculated correctly. That should fit making this class overall better without making it OP again.

Maybe in the same run, make Poisonous Snipe1490458 not to trigger the GCD, since that skill is used right in between the rotation. Also, Byte there is a loca missing on a german Client, for the amount of poison damage increased:

42326db3e7321399d6ae55b795b4d1e8.png