HIghest DPS class in 2019

• Hey,

I was wondering since I'm new to CoA (not new to RoM, more like a coming back to it), subjectively speaking what are the highest DPS classes combinations?

I found this:
    https://i.gyazo.com/a302f7fd86442b03cd864c1a2364378f.png

I'm not sure though how well it translates into CoA. When I last played on Macantaht many years ago W/M was the highest outputing DPS. I played M/W back then and I was quite happy with my burst DPS as I was third best mage on the server for quite a while.

So, can anyone add their 3 cents to it? ;)

• W/M is best sustained DPS class at the moment, CH/R and R/M is following that. As tank, Knight/Warrior is still has use here or CH/R. Scout/X Classes has decent burst and even small sustain here, but sadly can't say it is much effective in current high-end instance "bosses" due to low crit chances :P and some people using Wl/Ch or D/R as ranged magical dps

These comparisons are valid only during equal situations.

the world chico, and everything in it.

• These comparisons are valid only during equal situations.

signed:!:

Overall the named classes are the most commonly played ones, though there is not "the one best dps" atm because each of those top dps-classes has their pros and cons and is dependable on playstyle, lineup and the situation in the instance/bossfights.

As example: if u have to deal dmg to mainly single target(s) for a longer period of time and have decent support in party no one can keep up with w/m atm, for same setup but shorter dmg-ing duration scouts still can do higher burst dmg than w/m, but as soon as AoE-dmg comes into play noone can keep up with ch/r, which is fairly strong on singletargets as well. I dare say r/m is anywhere in between all those.

So there u have some basic overview for dps-classes with cloth, chain and leather gear, i guess all are equally welcome in raids and u have to decide what class fits you most to build ur gear.

changing between classes within the respecting gear-depending groups (cloth,leather,chain) is very easy on this server, so u dont have to fix on exactly one class from the beginning and u also can try any other combinations not mentioned here that u r interest in - ...even switching gears isnt that uncommon on this server, but might be expensive for a newcomer ;)

to wrap this up, considering "best" tanks i would say it does not matter what combination (k/x or ch/x) u choose, but you should check ur party/raid and decide how u can serve them best. same goes for healers, personally i would chose p/wl anytime, provided there is also any kind of d/wd in raid for briar, since this makes healing way easier (but buffing that is what alts are there for 8o)

Greetings and hf and a good start on Arcadia :thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• Thanks a lot for the replies, guys! It seems that I'd made a good choice going for the W/M which will give me decent DPS output whilst I still would be able to switch to my favorite from back then M/W. I loved it cause of all the rotations and time it took to master it. Some said that mages were just spamming flame but those who were doing just that and nothing more were never very good. That said, correct me if I'm wrong in interpreting what melodic said but does the W/M wear Cloth and not Chain at endgame? o_O

Also, did any of you ever dabbled in W/M and can suggest skills I should invest in?

I mean, I've read two below articles to sorta figure out what my TP spread on both sides should be but they don't tackle skills deeply. And I'm not sure how up to date they are in 2019...

Warrior/Mage Guide

Mage/Warrior guide

I wonder if I'll find any old friends from Macantaht here or is it just me not being able to enjoy any other MMO since RoM. xD

• w/m is mdps indeed, so u will need cloth gear to play it effectively

i havent read the guides, but afaik there shouldnt be any changes made afflicting their playstyle so u should be good to go with those :thumbup:

for w/m u basicly only need the eliteskills, since they are dealing the magical dmg, usually u dont use any of the "normal" warrior-specific skills &)

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

Closed the thread.