Board Event - One Day a Developer

• Welcome to my little Board Event.

Since I am basically interested in Opinions and Views of others, so I start this Event here. What would you do if you were a Developer for a Day in this Game?

It doesnt matter if you would give 1kk Diamonds to yourself or you would change a Mountskin into a Ferrari, just let your Imagination run wild and share it with us!

Requirements

‌Forum Account with your Charactername‌

‌The Mainthread must be liked

Minimum Number of Participants of 10

Duration of Event

‌The Event will start today

‌The Event will end at the 28.12.18 - 21:00 CEST.

Winner and Price

‌The One with the most Likes on his Posting will win 80.000 Diamonds

If we get more then 20 Participants i will add a rare Custom-Card.

Take a few Minutes to be a Developer &)

ps. since we have a lot of different players from all over the world who can only write in their own language, feel free to use google translate.

pps. thanks to Dimebag for sponsoring 30k Dia

ppps. thanks to playernet for sponsoring 30k Dia

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

Edited 11 times, last by Nadaná ().

• Quote from Gargoyle

"I'm evil and have no friends on the server so if I was a developer, I'd take the server down for 24 hours and sit there grinning at all the people out there who want to play on Arcadia. Mwahahaha. Merry Christmas!"

he pmed me because he cant poste something since we got the new forum. So thats his Imagination

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

• If i am gm i would like to exprience the skills they have so its not a chage but would like to see it from their perspective one shoot gorge bosses pff..To see how it looks to have 3kk dias in ur bp :D Or top gear in game.. I would change that Varanas texture not to crash my god.. I would change raid 12man raid if u crash u dont get out u,get bk where u was..I would make atlanis as A Circus :D And ppl as clowns Happy New Year! Nubs

• if i were a developer i would first focus on the relationships. Not the relationship between two. But rather between all.

in that sense I just throw multiplayer gestures in the room.

Imagine it to be funny in the Ini / BK or anywhere you are just hanging out with one of your teammates giving a high-five or something like that ;D

• Official Post

If i am gm i would like to exprience the skills they have so its not a chage but would like to see it from their perspective one shoot gorge bosses pff..To see how it looks to have 3kk dias in ur bp :D Or top gear in game.. I would change that Varanas texture not to crash my god.. I would change raid 12man raid if u crash u dont get out u,get bk where u was..I would make atlanis as A Circus :D And ppl as clowns Happy New Year! Nubs

Yeah!, I would also like to do that as GM 8o

• If I were a developer,

I would rework the endgame, so that more common players can play and enjoy it.

I also would remake it a 6 player instance, because it is very difficult to create a 12 player raid at the moment.

• Alright, I let myself be carried away by fantasy.
    As Dev:
    - my first priority would be to remove the bug damage from the server, which is tragic for players
    - I would withdraw the changes in the runes
    - I would give stats from Inferno and Gorge for coins (a guild not ready for Gorge would have part of the endgame for themselves and the guild they do, would have something to do in the event of the day with fewer people), Gorge would still be done due to the endgame of the inventory
    - to encourage players to explore content instead of 5 hp, I would give + 5-10 all attributes for each title (bigger development of characters on several planes, stop players' approach in style - make a charakter - level up - get equipment - finish the game), runes of magic is classic mmorpg and not casual game
    - rebuilding the Cenedril system as in Draco pets, for the maximum level - a special reward example, bigger attributes, card, title. Elements available to them also from alternative sources (more in my separate topic), so that players are not bored
    - I would add a small amount of coins to minigames for a better start for new players
    - for the future after closing the zone of the Element Rooms, reconstructing old instances to higher levels of difficulty

-- a VIP system for players and guilds available for diamonds(because I have to earn some money with such a large job) slightly enhancing the character (not OP !!!), an example of how 30% of players in the guild has a VIP, then the whole guild gains this status

Ok. Return to reality. You can exclude me from the competition. It's not a job for one day.:evil:

Because I like the topic and I would like more people to get carried away by the imagination, I increase the prize by another 30k dias. So luck.:)

• Ungeachtet der Möglichkeit und Machbarkeit, welches das Spiel bietet - hier geht's ja lediglich um Phantasie: Als GM erstelle ich einen Wochenmarkt (Dauer 3 Tage), an dem alle Handwerker und Sammler ihre selbst angefertigten Dinge, seien es Waffen oder Rüstungen, seien es aufgewertete Materialien oder Tränke und Speisen an eigens dafür errichteten Marktständen gegen eine imaginäre Währung anbieten können. Um jetzt an diese Währung zu kommen, muss man täglich kleine Events absolvieren. Verkäufer und Käufer erhalten dann beim Kauf oder Verkauf der Waren eine gewisse Höhe an Punkten in Form von Bezugsscheinen, die beim Marktleiter gegen schöne Belohnungen eingetauscht werden können.

Somit kann jeder Spieler in irgendeiner Weise an diesem Event teilnehmen.

(Translated with Google translator)

Regardless of the possibility and feasibility of the game - this is just fantasy: As GM, I create a weekly market (duration 3 days) on which all craftsmen and collectors make their own made items, be they weapons or armor, be it upgraded materials or can offer potions and food at specially established market stalls against an imaginary currency. To get this currency now, you have to complete small events every day. Sellers and buyers then receive when purchasing or selling the goods a certain amount of points in the form of purchase coupons, which can be exchanged by the market leader for nice rewards.

Thus everyone player can participate in this event in any way.

• I saw the thread earlier and thought that i have this one thing that i want to be fixed on Arcadia. I check now and see that Dimebag was faster X(

If I was a developer for one day i would put all of my time into fixing the dmg bug.

It's on the server for over two years, and there is nothing more irritating for me than party wipe because something one shots You.

Let's say that i'm a pro in programming and fixed the dmg bug, so rest of my dev-time i would focus on:

- smaller guilds - more possibilities for them to obtain gorge stats. to get them for arcadia coins is okay. right now it's kinda like You either are a member of a big guild and have access to endgame and can develop Your character or You cant do anything cuz random parties are hard to find, and randoms dont run gorge. gorge would still have to be done cuz ppl would still need gear from ini.

- I would also reduce the cost of runes XIII. Making a whole gear into XII runes cost sth about 150k diamonds. 750k diamonds for runes 13 is waaay too much. so after spending 150k i would add another 150k to that. two runes 12 give You one rune 13.

Lastly with the power of love, butterflies and kittens I would gently force Grox and Intie (my fellow co-workers) to read this thread carefully and help me making arcadia servers better for players <3

• *I'd develop a more minigame like instance - Like the Ancient Treasure Hunt but more like an instance? So that way new players would have a chance at gearing up as much as others.

*I also have the idea of something like a Welcoming Commitee. It's basically Master&Apprentice relationship but better.

*Also I have this idea of making Armor Crafting& Tailoring better so that it's possible to gear up better if your craftmanship is enough.

*I would also find a way to make people clear older instances again, I know lots of people like them. But I would try to find a way to make them more.. let's say. explorable? (It could be a coin per dungeon per day or something like that and you could buy things with these coins.)

*I would make a title for lets say, getting %25 of the titles and then an another title for 50% and an another title for 75% and finally an another title for 100%.

*Also I'd fix that dmg bug because its driving me crazy LOL.

Of course all of these ideas are lacking and i know that these wouldnt be possible all in one day plus there is a lot to think about them but i liked brainstorming. I'm def looking forward to see what kind of stuff you all come up with, cheers. :D

• If I was DEV for 'One Day' there is not a lot that can be done, coding takes time and debug/testing code take longer. So, I would make macro to target everyone in range and kill them and post LOL messages in world, and if they die they get some random items as a bonus :)

But if I was a DEV for a long time and was like a GOD at C++ and LUA I would find and fix all bugs that make rom CRIT or Freeze or Client Close with no warning, like passing through that archway in atlantis. Upgrade the GFX system/Game engine to look more 3D and make use of new DirectX features, make all FDB and WDB data unpack and stay in memory so Zone boundary changes don't lag the client and all NPCs are visible without waiting 15+ seconds to see them (yes needs lot of ram but I more then enough)

And last thing as Dev is my own test server of Arcadia, something much better then the old 6.0.7 one floating around in the wild.

• Regardless of the possibilities I would have as an DEV I wouldn't change alot. The things I would change are pretty simple:

- I would try to fix the amounts of game crashes

- Fix bugged quests

- would add a "lift" to inferno so you dont have to leave the group and run back in ;)

- a permanent relationship event so that the people who spent a lot of time farming get higher rewards also increase the total level of relationships to 20

- rework the blood arrow (like it was before)

- add pet skins (outfits for your pet that doesn't influence your pet potion)

- fix the new pet skills (some of them does't work)

- and add the opportunity to get stats on your refined gorge cape.

Talking about peace whilst spilling blood, it’s something that only humans can do.

Edited 2 times, last by Ashlynn ().

• Hi Guys!

If I would be a DEV, I would change the Instances. Currently the server is quite dead and it is very hard to find

a raid group for high instances. In a small guild it is also hard to find 12 ppl to go raiding and we are just logging

in this nice game just to sit around for 2 hours and then log off frustrated again because too less ppl.

So I would change the whole Instance thing and I have two ideas:

1. The instance difficulty should scale with the amount of players and I do not mean the bosses only. I also mean amount of trash, amount of items in events (e.g. Gorge 2nd boss) and the amount of loot, of course.

2. If the first option is not possible there should be NPCs like in GuildWars which can be added to a raid party. They follow and fight with you. Those NPCs should get an equip whis is calculated with the average values of the groups gear values.

With those improvements I think the server would be a great place to play - even if there are not many active players around.

Error and out!

• Howdilly doodilly arcadiarinos!

Msot of my ideas, or suggestions have already been covered, but to get into the flow of this constructively critical rant opportuntiy, I will paraphrase.

Crash bugs - Fix the bugs in the game client so that computers stop wasting RAM, and having to spontaneously critical error, or close the client without warning, in order to resolve the misallocation. Ultimately, this would most likely involve updating the core platform of the game.

Update the graphics - With this custom server, it would be nice to see Arcadia take more steps away from the original game (implemented 9 years ago - a long time in the technology world) and upgrade the details of what we look at when online.

Upgrade arcane transmutor - Make all materials that are combinable in the transmutor able to be transmuted in multiples (if you have enough charges). For example, 25 Raid X runes into 5 Raid XI runes. It is quite frustrating that the above example will only work if you combine 5 Raid X runes into 1 Raid Xi rune. Makes upgrading your cenedril pets, and other materials much harder to upgrade quickly.

Create new elite skills - We have the ability to have rare class combinations such as druid/priest, and knight/warden. We should have elite skills to help celebrate this uniqueness.

Server save instance progress - It would be nice if the server would save your progress in mini games, mirrorworld instances and other indivual instances. It is quite frustrating when you crash, and you miss out on completing that mini, especially when you have paid for it. Upon logging back in, and zoning in, the timer for the ini should resume. Give people until daily's reset to finalise their attempt.

Weapon training weapons - in weapon training area, have an NPC (or different ones for different weapon types) that sells different kinds of weapons for the training you want to do. Level bands (0-50, 51-80, 81-104 etc) with super fast attack speed, and super low damage, with infinite durability.

I have been working on this for some time, and now find myself unable to continue the list at this point in time. I will add more if and when I find points that are apt.

Merry Christmas / Happy holidays

Disco

• One day Dev ?

- Rework Gorge (Make it actually Farmable)

- Rework Refinded system (Change it down to maybe 3 Items to refine for each class)

- Rework Blancing (I mean, a warmage is outbursting a scout)

- 6 man instance

- Rework Tempest High

- Pull divinity stats for Arcadia Coins

- Try to change the game form 32 bit to 64 bit

Gratz Itzamna

• Hi all,

I finally found some time to post - was busy week :) Great idea Nadana, we all love to dream!

Here are some things I would work on:

1) make a 6 man ini that drops endgame purple stats - have gorge for gear and 6 man ini for stats if don't have enouth for gorge run - would make ppl more active - just try to make strat so that pugs can do it - i.e. if one fails not a wipe or 1 boss takes 30 mins :D

2) Mini games shells - add npc to trade for arcadia coins or buy purple stats - atm there is 0 reason to run minigames as shell stats are not usable

3) 12 man ini - if raid full and you crash - make it so you return back in - this is one of the most annoying things in ROM LOL to the extent we almost always try to have 1 spot open since we all know how easy it is to crash

4) Make hard version from some older ini - I don't think that should be too hard - just adjust values and loot tables - again we need more hos hard like ini but need to be worth it to run else ppl don't run

5) Unique amulets - we have spots and this is great opportunity to make it useful/interesting like short damage buff or pa/ma buff or speed buff for burst or heal something - many interesting combos

6) I think we could add another 1-2 new elites 75/80 maybe - this of course will be hard with balancing and all, but would be exciting!

7) Crafting - most is not really useful - maybe make an option that crafters can do something extra to gear, not huge but like refine one more time - say purple to orange or something which adds few % to all attr - not huge but would make it worthwhile to invest time, maybe create a new/separate crafting profession

Just few for me atm :)

Happy Holidays everyone!

Rakot

• If I were a developer for a day:

-I would first address the crit/crash/close issue. The majority of problems with Mirrorworld/minigames stems from this.

-I would re-evaluate the original hybrid classes. Some of these combinations are extremely fun to play, however, they have little to no use in instances. An easy way to accomplish this would be to implement sets for these combos(i.e. PATK cloth set or MATK chain and plate). The gear can be bought currently up to level 100 with Ancient Mementos but unfortunately the last set with a bonus comes from Merdhin Tundra. Geared properly a P/W would be a physical force to be reckoned with whereas Wd/D would be exceptionally useful helping to heal a tank while dealing decent mdps. Currently only certain class combos are worth playing. The equipment for these hybrid classes could be available from NPCs at the cost of Arcadia Coins.

-Change the rewards from Siege War to encourage participation. Make participation of Siege War more worthwhile and players will return to it. Perhaps custom honor point stats that cannot be obtained anywhere else but are slightly lower than stats from instances. Maybe randomize multiple Siege War maps to add another level of challenge to each. Each separate map could have custom dynamic elements for players to interact with.

Several of my other ideas were incorporated and released with today's patch. Other ideas have already been covered by other players and I do not want to seem as if I am piggy backing off of them. BTW kudos on the level appropriate crafted equipment. I feel this will help newcomers be able to gear and get to enjoying Arcadia much more quickly.

Garcrist

• Greets,

-I would give the οpportunity to every new player for a free 24-hour-VIP membership.

-I would give a boost to the "Disenchanting" skill for better results. Even up to dias/rubys.

-Free access to EVERY zone of the game at own risk(!) or as a trial visit with temporary gear/skills etc. Even inis. Everyone must see and know how big is the game and the opportunities that are available to the player.

-I would create a worthy help-other-player bonus system depending on the lvl difference, encouraging older players to help more and train newer ones.

-I would create diamond and ruby growing plants! Or a small garden in the house? lol

-I would name my developer day "Wish and fulfill day" giving one wish to everyone for one specific item and fulfill it.

-I would allow more permanent bank / bagpack slots depending on the character's lvl.

-I would put some more mailboxes. And ATM's :D

-And I'd definitely create that Ferrari mount...

Then I would sit and enjoy a glass of wine by the fireplace! :) Happy Holidays to all!

• if i were a developer i would remake the dead aspects from the game , first of all pvp , siege wars , arenas

balance the elite skills and bring the old ''feeling'' that the game had that we all loved

and balance and revive dead class combos like warrior/rouge and other heal combos and try to make everything balanced

and most importantly fix the crash issue that the game engine has

seriously the siege wars is still ''beta'' xd

• If I was a Dev for one day, that wouldn't be enough time ;) But if it was possible:

I would

1) fix the minor bugs in game.

2) also change more textures throughout the game

3) also update the game-engine to more modern standards (perhaps even a complete overhaul using Unreal, CryEngine or Unity)

4) prevent players who are in mini-games, siege-war etc. to be outside after a dc

5) rework the so-called dead class combo's like priest/warrior, physical dd d/w etc. so that these combo's can have a use inside ini's.

5) rework some ini's so that the so-called dead class-combo's can have their place inside a party

6) bring in more skins for armor, weapons and mounts.

7) start a new (weekly/monthly) event "GM for a day", so that players will know (and find out) how much work there is for GM's!

8) make crafting weapons/armor/acc worthwhile, by implementing special skills to enhance weapons/armor/acc

9) every thing else I can think off, but not at this moment.

If only it was possible to implement this in just a single day :)

Former Battle Nun (90/86) from (Original) server Isiltir, later known as Agenor.
    On Paradise: Amaron (Magical Wd/D)

Edited 2 times, last by Undrentide ().

• If I was a Dev for one day I would:

- fix the crashing issues and bugs

- update the graphics to be more "up to date"

- try to balance the class combos so PvP would be more interesting and fun to play

- bring SW out of beta

- boost Honor Points gained from Drill Ground

- change character creation a little (add hight restrictions and separate facial hairs from faces, also put some better hairstyles etc..)

- maybe add a new race (whitefurs for example since they have starting zone or half dragon one that gets its own starting zone)

- slightly change housing system (either to make every house like a mini zone of its own so u have the garden and a house or just put few more housing contracts in and add at least 10 more free house spaces)

- put in option to create ur own housemaids since the ones u can hire sometimes look ridiculus

- put in instance gathering system (something like instances in which u gather materials to level it up faster and at the end have a boss that drops some nice recepies)

- add some new usefull crafting recepies (since I was told only cooking and alchemy are worth doing) to help new players gear up

- implent function that displays all quests in the world (even the ones that are low level) and function to turn on and off display of certain quest genres (like daily quests, public quests..)

- add xp/tp to public EoJ quests so they are more worthwhile

- add hardmode to low level instances and some new gears that goes with them (if nothing else to have a good visuals) so people actually run them more

- put in better dungeon queue system

- add better rewards to minigames like AA and that horse race which seems fun but noones doing it

This is more or less all I can think off at the moment.

Hope that if nothing else it gives u some ideas that u can work on and posibly put in game in the future!

Regards,

Syp