Reworked Monster Cards [Patch 10.4.1.1000]

• You asked and i can deliver:

(disclamer: it was right after the first patch to the card system, so diamond prices, possibilities etc. are from the old system.)

I will refer to "Soulstones" as dust and just call the colour when i talk about specific shops and such.

I didnt really farm cards before so i had 0 blue dust and decided to farm for around 2 hours and see where it gets me.

After two hours of farming the instance for blue and purple cards i got 120 blue and 20 purple cards (was farming with over 1k drop the entire 2 hours). I decided to try and make myself a nice blue card.

After making all the bad cards to durst (118 blue and all of the purple cards) i ended up with this as my dust:

I play as a mdps and therefore i need intelligence and magical atk primarily on my cards with something like lp or durability as a bonus. Out of the 120 blue cards i farmed i kept 2: One with a high magical attack Value and one with a high intelligence value. I decided to upgrade the card with the high Matk value. That meant for me to add intelligence as a stat and make it as high as possible. So i started rerlolling the shops until i found the stone that added a random attribute as well as the stone that locked my matk value and saves it:

The next step now was to either get the stone that changes physical defense to something else randomly or the stone that changes it to intelligence. I was very lucky here after rerolling a couple times. (11 times maybe) i got the stone that changes physical defense to something random which i used and got magical defense. I also found a stone that changed magical defense to something else and it got me intelligence.

At this point i was already almost 3 hours into card farming and rerolling and got pretty frustrated (granted i didnt really know what i was doing at the time, needed to read all the stones descriptions and probably rerolled some stones that i should have kept).

I then decided to go for at least + 10 intelligence on the card and started rerolling my purple shop. After rerolling the purple shop a couple times i bought around 10 of the stone that changed all my attribute values at random on any of my cards. Because my Matk value is locked it only changed the intelligence value. After rerolling my value a couple times i ended on this:

But thats on me i guess i got too greedy?

So after approximatly 3 hours i was very frustrated and i spend around 2k diamonds in total on one card which ended up bad anyway.

I also saw that some of the problems are adressed in the patch notes, thank you very much for that. If i understand correctly getting the correct stones wont be that much of a pain after the next change.

But i want to summarize what such a system means for me:

Even after the changes this system will be a huge time investement. This is fine (or at least i think so) when you exclusivly play one class. If you like to multi class and play both pdd and mdd or even heal or tank there is nooooo way in hell that you do the card grind for all of your classes. Even doing one to an accaptable level seems very much like an impossible task. So even if there was a system in place that lets you input one card multiple times (for your other classes) there is no way that you can do the grind once more.

-> with such a system in place one of the biggest strong point of this server dies for me.

(and there is no way i spend any of my resources on another gear)

~kind regards Noodlez

• Totally agree. And the huge amount of time to farm dust is impossible if you are not 24/7 online. People who have only 3 hours maximum time to play each day and want to run several instances with the guild are forced to decide: guild runs or solo card grinding. Both is not possible.

I wish there would be a method to transfer attributes from a card to another one via itemshop items or Transmutor. Or that there would be itemshop items to max out a card. I don't want to waste my time in grinding and loosing in rerolling

greetings

• Also something i want to add: with all the class balancing going on. A lot of people around me are constantly changing/trading gears. This makes this system even worse in the current situation on the server in my opinion.

~regards

• Hi,

personal store does not resetting daily. You need to reset with diamonds manually. Intended?

If yes: Change it to reset daily, otherwise it's useless

Greetings

• Hi,

a simple improvement (I think) that would make happy card collectors, or at least card collectors like me:

----> An item in the store to turn a new card into the same card, but "ancient card" with original stats (in collecting context I would name the whole card as "original" instead of "ancient")

Yeah, random cards don't make me very happy as a collector, I prefear "original" items over randomized :D

I don't think this item would break the other ideas with the new card system at all. Any alternative ideas are OK to me as long as I'm enabled some way to get the original cards again.

Thanks for reading, all!

• Byte someone think about balance and new system card? bcs this card soon will give tons of patt...

and im pretty sure when u see this u will nerf class or card system

someone can tell me how much this new card system give patt? how will be possible make 1.5k cards or 2k ? someone think about this? for now better make eq t11 and 5-6(?) card than eq t12 xD

• So i made this post a week ago. Is there any chance i get some feedback? Like if this how it is supposed to work? A lot of players around me are going inactive due to lack of new content and frustation with the system as it is.

Another thing that really bothers me and brings a lot of toxicity to the server are the camping for stationary mobs with a lot of macro stuff and other things going on.

• The fact that the numerical values have been lowered is a misunderstanding for me, the system now gives too little (in my opinion)

Idea with typing of card is mistake for me, this still doesn't solve the problem of having multiple inventories.

Remove all stones!

Give us only 35 stones, we dont need more.

Let the cards have up to 6 stats.

For example we will can create:

+Patt

+Matt

+Str

+Dex

+Int

+Sta

With that we will can create mage-rogue cards.

Or just make part of cards only for mages, part only for rogues, etc

• I have the impression that the devs see the problems we write about but use irrational methods to improve the situation.

Btw defense cards are joke for me :D

I believe players will not use defensive cards with defensive values and will choose patt / matt on those cards anyway. This means that the problem of people with few eq has not been solved, only the digital values have changed

• Greetings,
    Whilst seeing the Planned Change Log for the Monstercard-System - I am a bit divided.

I like it quiet well to reduce especially the gold costs for the stones. Currently you would have to spend a fortune on Gold for the stones which is, looking at all cards, way too much in total. But this is a good step in the right direction in term of gold costs in my opinion.

Secondly the changes on the divide to Physical, Magic & Defense cards are interesting..
    Whilst lowering the max values for main attributes on green cards get capped at 20%. The attributes like atk, def, etc. get capped at 50% of the current max value. Why reducing one for 20% and the one for 50%? Is there any reason behind it?

Next question would be: What happenes to the cards we currently have rolled? I, for example, have some green cards from Howling Mountains with: 10 wis, 10 stam & around 28 HP
    Will they get reduced automatically in the next patch and will they get changed into one of the new categories?
    Which brings me to my next question:
    For healers, or for me personally, I use on my cards wisdom, stamina, HP & pdef.
    This won't be possible after the next patch because the highest wisdom value I get on a Magic Card and the highest stamina, pdef and HP value I get from Defense cards.
    It would be nice to take in count the healers which would make now no profit at all out of the system because the best attributes in my opinion you get from 2 different categories.
    So please make a change there to let Defense Cards give you a maximum of 8 wisdom too.

Other Question would be:
    How are the 3 new categories intended? Like every mobs has a 33,3% chance to drop one of them and you have to be lucky to get the correct one or has every zone each specific mobs which drop only physical, magic or defense cards? Some more clarification would be nice.

Kind Regards
    Nghty

• The current cards which have high attribute values will remain unchanged, only new zones will include these categories.

I guess the cards released until now will have old system, all cards with max atributes and you pick what you want to improve.

Few thoughts:

- Really nice the new gold cost.

- Good point with perfect stones currency reduce although I still think is crazy high for just +0.1.

- I have same question, from 10-14 to just 8, well not terrible but from 30-50 to only 15? O.o

You guys have to remember the system is still crazy long and expensive, we got a few improves like perma store or cheaper gold but a HUGE nerf in values. Don't forget this.

• The current cards which have high attribute values will remain unchanged, only new zones will include these categories.

I guess the cards released until now will have old system, all cards with max atributes and you pick what you want to improve.

I guess I just read over this point xD Then a couple of my questions have answered themselves^^

But I still agree with you. The improves in reducing the costs are good. But in exchange loosing this much in Values is not very understandable for me.
    And for me personally as a healer the new divide of the cards in these categories will take away my "fun" for farming and trying to get higher and higher values on every card. These new changes are really bad for healer. If they add the wisdom attribute to defense cards like I stated above it will be fine for healers imo, but at the current state of planned changes healers will get away worst xD

• The planned change log sounds really nice. Less rng, easier to max out cards, less frustration for the player -> big win, thank you very much! <3

Few questions:

-All of the changes will apply to newly implemented zones and the already existing ones will stay as they are right now?

-Will the card category be mob specific or does every mob drop every category?

-If so, will the player be able to collect 3 cards (one for every category) from every mob?

I finally get my hopes up for the new system. It seems to go in a direction where it doesnt kill class variety as much anymore. Also cards giving less attributes is probably a good thing in general, because that makes the cards easier to max and players have too many attributes anyway (at least if you are a DD or healer).

For once i am actually excited for the changes. Thank you for working on it!

~kind regards Noodlez

• I forgot to add 3 points:

The first ties into my third question: in my opinion it is a must that the player is able to collect multiples of the same card for this reason.

The second one is a suggestion: make some stats not available on a specific category of a card. (For example remove intelligence and magical attack from the physical attack category). -> this ties into what Merkur said about removing a lot of the existing stones as this would make a lot of them obsolete anyway.

And one last thought i had: make the maximum amount of wisdom available in the defense category, as it helps healers and wl/m players a lot. -> fixes Nightys problem.

(edit: he said it himself i just cant read i guess, but i wanted to underline that. xD)

~kind regards Noodlez

• Official Post

Next question would be: What happenes to the cards we currently have rolled? I, for example, have some green cards from Howling Mountains with: 10 wis, 10 stam & around 28 HP
    Will they get reduced automatically in the next patch and will they get changed into one of the new categories?

→ All current achievements (cards) will be saved, with the current values. All changes specified in the patch affect only the new cards that will be farm in the new zones.

Other Question would be:
    How are the 3 new categories intended? Like every mobs has a 33,3% chance to drop one of them and you have to be lucky to get the correct one or has every zone each specific mobs which drop only physical, magic or defense cards? Some more clarification would be nice.

→ Each monster will only have one specific card category. Without RNG.

So please make a change there to let Defense Cards give you a maximum of 8 wisdom too.

→ We will consider this issue.

• Hi .

Regarding personal store please reset it daily because 200 each reset cost so much to upgrade all the cards .

Regarding breakthrough stones maybe you can increase attribute rate because currently it is really low and not worth it to upgrade for it.

• Hellou. Ive been playing a lot with npc and new prices. Ill give some math of what I could see and experience the last days. Hope is not too long tho :P

Perfect stones: Didn't use. They are still super expensive and not worth to use imho, maybe only as last resource once we finish 100% of cards by rng method.

Not perfect stones:

- Gold: I think is really good now, I would keep it that way.

- Diamonds: Still too much. There is one of the stones we use like trillions of times. Is called "fortune", the one changing randomly the value of X stat. In terms of currency and gold is good but in diamonds is crazy. I trully think it should be same amount/diamonds as the green ones. 20 free (now is 15), next 20 for 1d, next 20 for 2d or maybe even half than that, at the end is a lot of money.

Another thing, the one I think it should be way cheaper is the purple one. We need to use many per card and they are madly expensive as Ill say later.

In 90 mins of new ini farming I did 5 purple cards and 5 blue cards. They cost 250kk gold (is good) but 2500 dias, I think is too much. Have to remember I did them with 3 okish stats and 4 last stat had whatever the value I got from getting the stat I wanted only once (didn't do world boss currency). As I said, didn't use perfects.

Fast numbers in the most efficient way to buy the stones in personal store:

Green = 1.83 diamonds per stone

Blue = 3.5 diamonds per stone

Purple = 17.09 diamonds per stone

Orange = Didn't even do :P

How many different stones do we buy with each reset of the store? These:

Green = 1-2 different stones to buy in insane amounts (mostly Election)

Blue = 1 stone to buy in insane amounts (Fortune)

Purple = 3 stones in more or less same amounts

So yeah, the huge problem is that we need to reset the whole store only to buy the same stone over and over so the resets get wasted (we don't need the rest of stones, just a few of them time to time and is more than enough). I think the 2 green stones (Election and Determination) and the blue stone (Fortune) should have a fixed value (and in unlimited amount) of 1 diamond each for the 3 of them. In gold, 100k for the green ones and keep 250k for blue one. (Btw I play in spanish so not sure if these are the real english names, most of the store is partially translated).

All of the current cards without perfects would be +625k dias (that without counting all the new cards you add with every patch) so I think at the end It could probably be another 400-600k. So 1kk diamonds with okish stats wich if we use perfects, probably another 1kk-2kk since purple (better to farm atm) are suuuuuuuper expensive. (Didn't add the gold or the diamonds wasted on lucky potions and the hours of farming currency ofc)

These numbers are imho, craaazy. So please reconsider all diamonds prices cose I don't think more than 5 players from server could afford (and maybe not even those xD).

These are just my thoughts about the prices in diamonds. Rest of the system, Im really liking it and I love that our opinions get heard and we get slowly step by step into the best possible way.

Regards, Madoxx.

• Hi .

Regarding personal store please reset it daily because 200 each reset cost so much to upgrade all the cards .

Regarding breakthrough stones maybe you can increase attribute rate because currently it is really low and not worth it to upgrade for it.

I can agree with that. Furthermore for multi gear ppl, this system is still not usable, sadly