Posts by Brontes

May be return old Priest/druid elite skills:
    1) 1490960 (i dont know, why i should use staff, if stick + talisman with 12-13 lvl runes give more, then this skill)
    2) 1490463 (need give normal heal in units, not in % or remove very long cast)
    3) 1490464 (casting time 3s, remove heal bonus, cd 25s, activity 15s, heal every 3s)
    4) 1490468 (raid heal every 3s, if target get damage many times, 20% damage transferred to caster)
    After last nerfs this class combination is dead, but i think we can return him w/o a full rebalance.

Greetings.

Thank you for your feedback about this class. We already have some significant changes planned for the combination, not too different from your suggestions.

Hooroo,

Brontes

Thank you for your feedback.

The buffs have been designed, as suspected, to give healers a good reason to stack more wisdom and grade their gears higher to feel the impact.

We're at an impass in this game where nerfing heal classes would cut off the less-skilled players from the game entirely, as damage taken is unevenly applied within different instances. Healing, unlike damage, doesn't get progressively harder to deal within content.

We're monitoring class diversity within healers pretty heavily, which is why we regularly apply small changes to the classes to push more into the realm of viability.

If you have suggestions for healer classes to push them into realm of the viable, please let us know. We love to hear them. :)

Hooroo,
    Brontes

Healing over Time is calculated as total heal divided by it's intervals, not by multiplying individual values. Increasing the delay between intervals reduces the total ticks, which in turn increases the heal done by these individual ticks. Camelia's total heal over the duration has not changed.

Hooroo,

Brontes

Why d/p have its duration increased to 15s and this dont? Please change.

Druid/Priest has had it's regenerations changed to make group-healing more difficult. The duration was increased as we have found that the class could not really function with skill as low duration.

Druid/Scout does not have this problem, hence an increase to it's aoe-heal is not warranted.

Also do something about camelia. It was per 1s and now 3s. Also the cost is ridiculously high.

Decreasing the frequency of Healing Over Time effects increases their ticks strength accordingly. The individual ticks of the skill are three times more potent now. The entirely negated cost of the skill also made it too easy to heal with.

Additionally, camelia has caused issues on many people's ends and shredding their game performance when used. Reducing the rate at which the skill is healing has helped tremendously without hurting the total heal done.

Hooroo,
    Brontes

I fast checked the values. 1400% seems only possible with 40% artifact boost (5 hits in 60 Seconds). That's nothing a tank relies on.

So perma aggro is around 1000% which is ~50% higher than before (only calculated/tested with my equip)

As stated in the original post, values were and still are subject to change if necessary. Quite a few values have been adjusted since thursday. Internal tests have shown that aggro is not an issue if one plays their class correctly. If you have different experiences after your own tests, feel free to share them here.

Hooroo,

Brontes

Btw what about rogue/champ? The class can only wear 1 recon rune. That will not possible to play anymore ? XD

We have already planned (but not yet implemented) further aggro changes. These will be reflected in the planned patch notes once added into the que to be patched.
    These will include (optional) aggro reductions for classes that only have the possibility to wear one aggro rune.

i think you can use 1hammer + 1hammer :P

I hope they change that too.Cause the nature of the Rogue class it's best to use both-handed weapons

While theoretically possible, the class was designed and balanced around the use of a two-handed weapon.

Brontes is it intended that Warden/Warrior has 120%+ parry after patch? Now I have 86% parry in plate+ spirit of the oak =106% parry and after the patch + coat of the arms = 126% parry permanent. Intended?

Yes. Monsters in Dark Core are significantly higher level than you and even with 126% shown in the character frame you will still not have 100% parry against certain bosses.

Knight tanks in general will generate about twice as much aggro than before. You can expect to land somewhere around 1.500% to 1.700% aggro, certain combinations will far exceed these values though.

please do the math for me :)

While we don't believe in telling players what to do, this is on a knight without secondary class. Explosion of holy might and appropriate buffs are active. Many have much more aggro than that. Please keep in mind that values are subject to change.

I just hope the Warrior iss doesn't become mandatory, due to the changes.

As a chain user, I for one don't want to be forced to play Warrior all the time for the sake of the group.

From what we have tested and calculated, the buff will be of benefit for the group but not mandatory. We're balancing the the stable aggro of players with these kinds of buffs added later on.

Generally speaking, the direction we want to take tanking (and as extension, generating aggro) into a more exciting route.

Our goals for that matter are:

• Create more viable tanks
    • Make tanking more active
    • Allow for more diverse and interesting class setups
    • Help out the survival of melees
    • Give each tanking archetype a distinct playstyle

What about barbarian battlecry from Warrior/priest?

These two buffs will be made exclusive to one another. We want to keep Warrior/Priest alive as a support but give it competition in the form of Knight-DPS.

so dps will do approximately 57% more aggro than with 10% aggro.

I calculated my future aggro after the patch. I will have ~33% more aggro fullbuffed.

Greetings

Knight tanks in general will generate about twice as much aggro than before. You can expect to land somewhere around 1.500% to 1.700% aggro, certain combinations will far exceed these values though.

In addition, we removed the exclusivity between Threaten and some other aggro buffs that existed before, as Threaten itself no longer generates aggro. We also expect DPS to use Tranquility Powders when bursting. We removed the shared cooldown between it and experimental dwarven ale for that matter.

And there will be classes with only 1 recon rune possible

Greetings

Classes with only one reconciliation rune will get effects which will reduce their aggro.

Also since you're increasing the aggro of dps: Could you change or reduce the the 75% aggro increase of 499604 (Shadow of the Baron) of the Mage/rogue? The whole increase of aggro is unnecessary imo anyway cause there are far better support skills on other classes without such an increment, but if you want to keep it I suggest to at least reduce it or this class will always tank (at least in certain parts of instances) where tanks won't be able to do any aggro (e.g. cause they have -1000% attack speed)

Greetings.

We're generally not done with the full aggro calculations for every class, but from the first tests with DPS that increase their aggro artificially with special skills, none have yet been able to steal aggro in proper raid setups. These tests take a significant amount of time.

We understand that with the current difficulty of instances, classes that instantly steal aggro will be borderline useless.

From what we have seen, tanks will generate about twice as much aggro as before, certain combinations even more. We're especially looking into classes that cannot use a second reconciliation rune as they will have a significantly harder time to gain as little aggro as possible.

With overdura and two reconciliation runes, a DPS should now have about ~15.7% aggro when wearing a dark core and RoFL set.

We currently plan major structural changes to the archetype of tanks.

These changes will cement the definitive superiority of plate tanks in comparison to other gear types. Our aim is that we do not destroy non-plate tank classes.

Generally speaking: We are aware of the power difference and homogeneity between the tanks.

Threaten as an ability pidgeonholes non-plate tanks to gain absurd amounts of defense in order to survive. This has caused further complications in the form of defenses on DPS-Classes, as a boost there would translate into much higher defenses for the tank-swap on certain combinations or outright allow for these classes to tank.

This has caused a significant spike in difficulty for melee classes which we aim to fix.

Tanks, historically, have been chosen for their supportive abilities, which cemented the Knight/Mage as the absolute favorite. We have already worked out a solution for this issue that we will share in the near future.

I would like to kindly ask everyone in this thread to remain civil and on topic.

We have considered changing some of the loot to be friendlier to endgame players, but have found that the addition of universal potions, the deposit injector, cards and instance-tier phirius potions to be sufficient.

Most of you guessed correctly, the main focus of this update was to help players breach the gap between mid- and endgame. The loot has been set up accordingly.

Please keep in mind that this forum thread isn't here to provide a place for your personal feuds but rather a place for feedback. Posts containing open jibes against other people will be removed.

P.S. Is it possible or "not intended" to add some blackboards in few places on INI like that, so everyone will know what is intended or not intended? thank you

As hilarious as that meme is, the prerequisities for Kalin are not as astronomical as one might think. Kalin is mostly focussed around good timing with it's events:

Time your cooldowns well -> Boss 1 goes down;

Time your druid clean/free at the right times at B2 -> Boss goes down easily.

If you run in semi-blindly with bursting every boss (as I've watched some groups do; yeah, GMs sometimes watch runs since some recent issues.) you will fail, no matter how big the weapon or how t14 the gear.

As I've written before: Kalin is supposed to be the most difficult instance right now; there's no place for weak links in a party, there is little room for mistakes and gear can't save you.

In addition: The amount of players that could do one run but no subsequent runs is vanishingly slim (>1%!). The instance will have to be farmed by everyone again with new rewards.

That being said, there was nothing taken from these players, as they once more could farm their artefact before boss 1.

Boss one has one strategy (which was completely breaking the boss) fixed. You can still kite for a short amount of time with certain speed boosts - but you really shouldn't need them.

It wasn't good that one scout + a tank a dn ring could outrun the boss without any other speed boost.

And why should it be made even more difficult, if others had it easier before (including you)?
    In my opinion, for the first artifact, the difficulty shouldn't increase. It is fine for an upgrade.

Because they Trying to make ppl make t13/t14 gear and t17/18 weapons

I can firmly say: No. The instance was tested with Tier 10 Golden equipment and a T14 weapon; slightly above the rofl standard. No stats beyond ROFL (Titan & Unknown) have been used. These are the minimum requirements for a player to comfortably run the instance. The better your gear, the more relaxed the afformentioned timings are, but not to a point where it trivializes the instance.

Tbh it is waste of time to write with this brontes. First he writes you can get artefact without doing full ini. Now he writes this things xD. Man, are you drunk?

That is not a very nice comment.

You theoretically can obtain the artefact without the bosses, though one full clear is required to end the quest and be able to actually do it. This is not a hard concept to grasp - beyond this first clear it is not necessary to do the bosses for the base artefact.

I didn't notice any editing. Nevertheless, my tank will also defeat the second boss without any problems. Not only that, he will defeat every next one, only the first one, not :)

I cannot directly comment on why that is as the specific circumstances are not known to me, but thank you for bringing this observation to the table. We will be monitoring the damage dealt by the first boss closely following this patch.

Damage reduction skills like Shield of Discipline or the Warrior/Priests Barbarian Battle Cry work, if that was your question. This also includes the Warlock ISS or similar things. Direct increases of defense will have their effectiveness drastically lowered due to the increase in attack countering the increase in defense.

My question was if every skill in the game that reduces damage taken works for KS, I'm not just talking about the tank here. From my observations and also following this thread, it appears that this is not the case. A similar situation took place at hoto.

The only things that cannot be reduced in damage are certain damage over time debuffs and fixed damage. The only source of fixed damage in this instance are the muses which have direct counterplay to their flat damage. This consists of proper positioning or shielding.

With the addition of refined artefacts the grind (overall) will have to be re-done by the "big guys" too; I realize that the changes may seem frustrating without specifics but it is important to note that the devil lies in the details here.

But getting to the stage where we are has been made difficult for these players, you will not tell me that it is not. You won't tell me it's easier for them than for them, or the same.

It is slightly harder than it was before, so much is true; but the soft requirement of a golden rofl set (and frankly, enough skill to play the events) is enough to incentivize the weaker players to seek alternatives to Kalin until they are ready. This is intended.

That being said, the entire dynamic that one could obtain an artefact without running the full instance was a design flaw; one that had to be fixed. The solution to create an upgrade so that players are incentivized to fully run the instance is just the natural progression.

I would like to ask, since this is an oversight, how did this happen, if there was no such possibility at hoto.

New systems provide new frameworks and challanges - and the idea that one may upgrade materials that drop was supposed to take the pressure off the players, get the progression towards the artefact more fluid and make it easier to split the loot for random parties, as one could then simply divide by the number of players in the party to distribute. During testing, the focus laid on mostly damage values, mechanics, the artefacts themselves. Mistakes have been made and we'll avoid them in the future! We're only human, after all.

Other mechanics that reduce damage heavily can also be employed to increase the fights length further.

Am I to understand that all types of reductions work on this ini? : D

Damage reduction skills like Shield of Discipline or the Warrior/Priests Barbarian Battle Cry work, if that was your question. This also includes the Warlock ISS or similar things. Direct increases of defense will have their effectiveness drastically lowered due to the increase in attack countering the increase in defense.

If your tank couldn't survive this boss without major hassle, they couldn't survive locathas freeze.

And yet, my tank will not stand on the 1st boss, and it will easily stand on the locath

Locatha, more than anything, is a reaction based boss and not a stat-wise tank check. These two bosses do not compare.
    Edit: Locatha is Boss three, I meant to write Yusalien's freeze in my original post. :)

The boss works as intended. It is supposed to be a direct damage check for the party and a tankiness check for the, well, tank. The boss gains 5% pAtk and 5% damage every second whilst losing defense.

Since the boss increases damage every second by 5% and patt, does the damage dealt to him by 5% and defense decrease by 5% every second?

Players will incrementally deal more damage up to their maximum, which is reached at 20 stacks regardless for gear (as the boss then reaches 0 defense).

For days you could kill this boss without a tank, it was hard to find one that was powerful enough.

We, as the team, are not here to tell people how to play their classes, but the instance was tested with red plate gear from ROFL as knights and champions; the latter struggled hard in longer (longer than 15 seconds) fights, while the knight had a decently easy time for about 16 seconds - from then on, immunities can be used. Golden Tank gear extended this time to more than 20 seconds. Other mechanics that reduce damage heavily can also be employed to increase the fights length further.

The boss is supposed to be killed within the first 30 seconds; our data shows that there was not a single run of heavily undergeared players that kited boss one but made it beyond boss two. This is a non-issue as, comparatively, the iron rune warrior is the easiest boss in the entire instance. If your tank couldn't survive this boss without major hassle, they couldn't survive locathas freeze.

For days you could kill this boss without a tank, it was hard to find one that was powerful enough. And now that these most ambitious players have obtained artifacts by defeating this boss along the way without any problems, you will now "patch the hole" preventing weaker players from doing so.

It is indeed a very fine politics, very kind of you to wait for us strong players to make artifacts and now you are making it difficult for the weaker ones.

With the addition of refined artefacts the grind (overall) will have to be re-done by the "big guys" too; I realize that the changes may seem frustrating without specifics but it is important to note that the devil lies in the details here.

That being said, the entire dynamic that one could obtain an artefact without running the full instance was a design flaw; one that had to be fixed. The solution to create an upgrade so that players are incentivized to fully run the instance is just the natural progression.

The base-equipment for running kalin comfortably is a golden ROFL set.

This is intended. The bosses should have required full plate armor with parry rate and so on. It makes me a little sad that some groups managed to kite bosses. But that's ok for the moment. ;)

The AoE from bosses are intended the way they are. There are gameplay mechanics to lower the received damage though. ;)

The boss is stacking dmg into cosmic values, I think there is a big bug in boosting the damage

The boss works as intended. It is supposed to be a direct damage check for the party and a tankiness check for the, well, tank. The boss gains 5% damage every second whilst losing defense.

Again: You do not need to kill any bosses to get the first artefact. Only for the refined one.

Kalin is supposed to be hard, something to give the playerbase something to strive for. Weaker groups are not supposed to be able to clear the instance. These groups should otherwise try to find ways to improve.

So weaker player can make artifact but can't wear it cause he is weaker player and can't clear KS to unlock the slot. This doesn't make any sense.

If you are not strong enough to clear the instance you are not entitled to the rewards. This is an essential truth of the game that has been around since it's inception.

That being said, we are aware that it's not optimal that things fluctuate in power like that but the initial growing pains of the instance forbid that absolute fairness exists at this point. Kalin had flawed loot design which this new system fixes; the side effect is that the vast minority of players, the ones that were barely able to do the instance, are no longer able to do so consistently. For everyone else, this new harder kalin is the definitive challenge.

The grind will be the same for everybody.

That is precisely the opposite of what I am saying. The normal artefact is now again farmable for weaker groups while they improve their characters to a point where they can get the improved version.

And in addition to this increase in difficulty came a new form of rewards. Again: You do not need to kill any bosses to get the first artefact. Only for the refined one.

"And in addition to this increase in difficulty came a new form of rewards. Again: You do not need to kill any bosses to get the first artefact. Only for the refined one." -> you need to kill Regin to unlock slots!!!

Kalin is supposed to be hard, something to give the playerbase something to strive for. Weaker groups are not supposed to be able to clear the instance. These groups should otherwise try to find ways to improve.

You guys are saying that the normal version is meant for weaker groups. You also say weaker groups shouldn't clean the instance so they shouldn't have acess to the normal version of the item. Clear your mind please xD.

That is precisely the opposite of what I am saying. The normal artefact is now again farmable for weaker groups while they improve their characters to a point where they can get the improved version.

Instance is harder now than it was before. B1 removed possibility to kite. Locatha not dying at 50% means many groups can't kill it, etc. I think if you really wanna make normal artefact to be used by weaker groups, then activate the npc without needing last boss so those people can still farm the simpler version of the artefact.

And in addition to this increase in difficulty came a new form of rewards. Again: You do not need to kill any bosses to get the first artefact. Only for the refined one.