Posts by Zyrex

S/Wl

I played scout/warlock today in rofl. Dmg is pretty fine I think, both aoe and single, but the focus sustain is as bad as at start of this class. I used more universal potions than ever before and had to wait for like 10s in the final boss fight for my cooldown, because there is not even one skill that doesn't cost focus and could be used as a filler. Idk how, but it "feels" like proccing for like 10% or something. :/ I'm not really used to play dps in rofl, but this is my personal feeling about it. ;)

So please, either give us an adapted joint blow (with less dmg than physical ofc, maybe just like shot or something) or vamp arrows and remove the focus cost from it or buff the elemental discipline a bit again.

Even without detection my focus sustain was pretty bad in trash and I really don't wanna miss that buff between traps. :|

K/Ch

(Yay, finally a tank stating some points in this process :))

Now I'm playing knight/champ for a really long time in all instances and I'm a huge fan of this class. It has everything I need, support, burst aggro, good utility and stuff. I really appreciate this class, feels like a knight/warrior's dreams became true. <3:love:

Only thing I'm missing is an anti-stun or anti-fear skill. Maybe you could change the "Heroic Roar" to something like that, because that skill I never needed so far. Even since the taunt doesn't even increase aggro by percentage, it can't be used effectively to increase aggro in burst. Also knight got a useful item set skill as aoe taunt as well, so this is not needed at all as it is. :/

Bug (?): "Electrocution Chain" doesn't pull enemies to me, it just stuns mobs at the current positions.

Thanks to the Dev's who really do a great job for tanks, K/D is also very well designed and fun to play. :thumbup:

But I really dislike the idea of mixing roles with gears. Imho tanks should use heavy (plate) armor, dps use chain, lether and cloth and healers cloth.

I really think you are confusing our game with other mmos. Gear (plate, chain, leather, etc) in our server means almost nothing, all depends how we stat it. Im not asking for a magical tank that can tank like champs with dps gear (in this case cloth), wasn't my suggestion at all. Im asking for a magical tank full stamina/def statted but with cloth (purple pieces) because there isn't a cloth dedicated tank set. Physical classes could use leather or chain (doesn't require plate) with a knight to tank, I want the same chance with atleast 1 tank class.

Regards.

Why should you stat cloth gear with stamina? I mean, most ppl I see tanking without plate are playing champ, or especially champ/knight (which is another topic for itself...), not really knight. Last player i saw playing knight without having plate armor wasn't effective at all. Maybe in rofl it's possible to even tank as rogue or whatever, but I think about the game in general. However, if defensive cloth was viable to tank with, I would like to have an offensive statted plate armor to deal dps as well :P Don't get me wrong, I know right what you mean, but I don't see the need for it, since if it comes to your stats, you could just choose other gear and there you go.

Knight/Mage

• Changed Holy Light Domain to generate 10% more aggro if a shield is equipped, fixed its description was wrong before obtaining level 40 elite.

I want to propose to modify this tank into magic tank. We don't have proper aggro sets so change this class skills into magical will allow us to have atleast 1 magical tank now that wd/d magical tanking is a disaster while losing 65% mattack.

Knight is usually requiring ISS, they will need a magical adapt aswell. It might not be easy but since you are changing ISS these days, I think is the right time to ask for it.

Have a good day.

I really like the idea of a magical tank in theory, that brings my mind back into oldschool content. <3

I also like playing other classes than mage with magical gear and also appreciate it might be possible some day for any other dps-player to play any class for dps. That's what i liked most in other mmo games I played.

But I really dislike the idea of mixing roles with gears. Imho tanks should use heavy (plate) armor, dps use chain, lether and cloth and healers cloth. I'm not a friend of champion class which can do like nearly everything with only one gear, but that's a topic I don't wanna start at this point ;) Imo you should have a clear cut between classes and roles, because in other games you also cannot play tank with medium or light armor (or let's say: not very well/viable).

Atm I'm asking myself why not selling my plate and light armor and building a new chain one, which can do both dps and tanking. The idea of a magical tank would make me think about selling my plate and keeping only my cloth gear.

Also I strongly believe, that healers might be able to tank in their gears if K/M comes how suggested as well. So in case you really think about implementing this, get sure not to make other classes/gears of the same role useless. <3

I tested K/M last week in rofl as well. It felt kind of inconsistent in aggro sometimes, but this is my personal feeling. Aggro in general depends a lot of your cooldown management and support I guess. I also think aoe aggro is good as long as you use more than Holy Light Domain, which is just good as an insanely good support skill. I would aggree, it's definitely one of the best combos for rofl, especially in random partys.

Maybe it could get some kind of offensive support, like reducing target defense with its silence (maybe instead of insta sigils, which isn't needed) or something, but not any class needs this to be viable ofc. ;)

Scout/Warlock

I think the 30% for 25 is a bit too low, but 50% for 50 is definitely way too much.

So maybe you could increase the focus per second cost for the buffs Target Area and Detection (which is really useful in rofl trash btw) and find some midway. Maybe 35% for 40 focus and let it have an internal cooldown of 1 second, since many scout skills can be triggered on the same gcd (if it's not already included).

Hello there,

I got some ideas for further advantages of the "VIP Lifetime" package.

• Instant Plussing (no cast*)
    • Instant Rune Slotting (no cast*)
    • Instant Card Using (no cast*)
    • daily destiny ring (for speed buff, if no dn ring available)

* Maybe just lower the cast to 0.5s, that should also be useful.

Atm the bonusses of VIP are pretty okay, but there is no differency between the limited packages and the lifetime one. Maybe this could motivate ppl more to buy the lifetime package (and ofc it's pretty useful). :)

Nevertheless I am looking forward to read other players opinions and experiences, maybe even from some who did not run rofl from the beginning, but started here later and have their own perspective on current "endcontent".

Alright, here I am, started about 2 months ago again after my 3y break, came back and found an entirely new game, which was awesome. New classes, new content (i missed gorge and rofl at all) and even new guilds and players. Glad the server still exists and runs as in my past. <3

Just gonna throw my 2 cents into this discussion as a returning player and (main) tank at Pulse. ;)

That being said, running rofl rather feels like a daylie grind nowadays instead of a fun instance-experience.

That's literally the thing I thought about rofl after my first few runs. It didn't feel like Tikal in those days or Inferno on release, it was more like "the dumb thing you need to do every day" to get the best progression in gearing. Maybe it was more the influence of my guild, that felt bored already when I entered the game again, but however, i wanted to make my own experience. :/

After almost completing my first golden gear and a lot of very intense runs (most with guild, less random), I think better about ROFL than most others I guess. In my personal opinion, a tank can have much fun in that, depending on which class you play. As a knight/rogue you'd probably get bored after a few runs, but if you try other combinations, that throw some other mechanics into the raid, such as crowd control, you can have a completely different view on the instance. For example trying to let noone die through those random aoe onehits on our glass cannons, makes a run much more intense and also fun. :thumbup: (Awesome, you can have fun in rofl *exploding-head-emoji, which is missing unfortunately uwu*

But for real, I can understand the perspective as a dps or healer, as the instance is really boring at some point after you mastered all the new events and tactics (without AU). The events between bosses are meant as better as they literally are. I understand the purpose to slow down the run by adding some movement or clicking events between bosses, which definitely are fun to play for the first times, but after a while, it's becoming more and more annoying. Just thinking about the Gargoyl-Section in Inferno, which was reeeeally annoying on release :wacko:

Regarding Bosses in ROFL

The boss events are way too uncreative, since you either have to kite something around, run away from a safe onehit or just stand at one single position, maybe move a meter back if you're unlucky with rng. :/ It doesn't matter, neither where you tank the bosses, nor if you turn them around.

Even B3's front aoe has such a short range, that you need to have very very bad luck (or fps) to die through this. It would make such more sense, if the worms continuously slow the tank down to walking speed, so the dds need to kill or stun them to prevent the tank not being able to avoid the deadly onehit aoe. In that case, the boss should need to be turned much more often and the placement of the food should be timed much better.

B4 could have more phases of his event, not only 1 at 50%, but maybe any 25% while the adds can be aggro'ed by the tank but slow him down to avoid kiting. So dds still need to burst, but with a much better timing.

B5 is okay, but the mob waves are strangely random, which could also be changed to at least 2 definitive waves at 50% and 25%.

Also bosses could become enrage when failing events or become stronger at 15%, so offburst would matter more.

Regarding the "Endgame" topic

Endgame in CoA feels more like Infinity War :whistling: (you know, bcz "Endgame"... :D)

For real, the "highend" instance is not like defeating Thanos to rescue the entire universe, it's more like 12 Avengers fight against beavers, eating their finger nails at bosses and discuss about the gender or species of Melte (which definitely is a seal, you can't tell me it's a fish! :pinch:).

The point is, after my first few ROFL runs I was wondering myself if that was it or did I miss something. :huh: The setting is great, I like these Origin-like designs and also beavers... at least until I realized how the beavers beahave (hehe beaver joke <X) with their random hits on the best-looking paper dd. Why not making it a front aoe to let the tank turn them around? Or maybe an aoe to the back (because beavers could slap the ppl behind with their tails... no?)

The golden gear might be a thing in coming content. I don't do random runs that much, so I can't estimate the real difference between a red-gear-raid and a golden-gear one. From what I experienced with my dd, it's not "that" much, but noticeable though :/

Regarding recycling oldschool content

I think it would already be enough to use the Warnorken Arena model and include some bosses with new and intense events, that could last for like 20 mins each, such as DN endboss did as far as I can remember. :/ Otherwise, what about the "real" oldschool instances, such as Ice dwarven kingdom? I played this customized on a server that doesn't exist anymore, but it was kinda the best instance i've ever done. There are so many different bosses, mobs and events to customize :)

Long story short, I think the current content is okay for like 2 or 3 months but then it becomes boring soon.

(...) For example, Scout Warlock wears a mage set and uses the weapon. champ / warlock, Knight Warlock, Warden Warlock use their own sets and weapons but magic hits. our class was gifted to mages. (...)

I don't get the point. I'm main tank as Knight and could always complain about people with chain gear who can tank our "endcontent" as easy as me but also deal good dps by clicking 1 single skill that transforms them from tank to dps. As a plate knight, you have to build an entire new gear to do so and play a completely different class. So please do not complain about scouts being stolen by mages.

From my perspective the scout needs much less gear than all the other classes out there to deal decent damage in rofl (and all inis below ofc). Plus you are range dps, have good item set skills and a ton of utility, crowdcontrol and support. Imho Scout is one of the best classes ingame and has one of the easiest rotation out there.

If you see others deal more dps with less gear, I would suggest to think about the reason, which definitely is not caused by balancing. Maybe its your pet, cenedrils, buffs, cooldowns, timing, kitty/rota, or even positioning at bossevents.

Imo the balancing is on a very great way and is becoming better and better :thumbup:

I got some suggestions for knight item set skills, because there are many skills deprecated through later released ones that share the same cooldown or just overwrite them, making them completely useless. But in CoA it's not necessary to make higher skills replacing the lower ones, so the duplicated skills with less/no functionality can be changed. Currently there are only 3-4 skills which are really useful for a knight (both dps and tank), so there could be some more (since mage for example got like 7 useful skills). This would result in a higher variety of usable skills for different playstyles.

Lv 55 "Full Moon Cleave"

This currently is a low dps AoE, which is replaced by the Lv 65 "Arching Chop". I would suggest to give it some CC functionality, like reducing movement speed or targets hit, or stun for like 1 second, or something that pulls enemies to you. Also gibe it an own cooldown, not shared with Arching Chop.

Lv 55 "Lion King Battle Roar" & Lv 67 "Lanaik's Roar"

These two currently are worse AoE taunts, which are replaced by the Lv 90 "Howl from the Deep". I would suggest the same as above. Keep the current taunt mechanic but give them some more functionality, like reducing target's damage done by like 5% or such, or reducing their attackspeed for a few seconds. Also give them an own cooldown, not shared with Howl from the Deep.

Lv 60 "Tyrant" & Lv 70 "Wicked Backfire"

These two are currently increasing Crit and Aggro, but are deprecated since Lv 95 "World Domination" does it better and overwrites the passive effect of both. My suggestion is: Make them all be usable together. More Crit is always good, for both tank and dps. Other suggestion: Change one of them into increasing movement speed by 5 or 10% while also increasing aggro. Movement is useful for a knight tank bcz most of them have less useful range pulls (wich high cd) and could need more speed as far as I experienced. And ofc make them be usable altogether or at least 2 of them.

Lv 75 "Myrmex Military Sickle"

This is deprecated since Lv 98 "Holy Thunder Blade" does the same with less cooldown, increasing current aggro by 5%. My suggestion is: Make this another single target support skill, like reducing target damage by 10-15% for 15s while increasing cooldown decently to like 60s. Or let it set 2 additional Holy Seals on the target and set its cooldown to like 10s.

Few things about Knight/Champion...

First of all, this class is awesome! It has great utility, perfect CC for rofl, a huge hammering aggro/s and also some decent support. :thumbup:

There is only one bug/issue I found: "Electrocution Chain", this is not always pulling all mobs to you. Sometimes it only stuns them, sometimes they kinda drift to you few seconds later. Feels like they are only pulled if the skill hits on any mob and does not pull if you miss on one, but haven't tested this particularly.

Other thing: I think the aoe taunt "Heroic Roar" isn't pretty useful, since it doesn't increase your current aggro, just places you on number 1 of the list, but mobs instantly turn away if someone else deals more aggro :/ I mean, with that combo it's pretty impossible to lose aggro or not to deal enough at once, but in terms of having a second taunt, a small aggro increase would be cool :) Also if I use it as aggro leading, it has no effect as against other taunts.

Just use the kitty from ArcadiaUtilities, its much easier to use and configure. Even efficiency is equal imo.

Regarding Scout/Warlock...

What about changing the concentration skill (for any scout) which currently lowers focus cost by 50% for 62 seconds with a cd of 5 min.

New effect could be like 2 min cd, lowers focus cost by 50% for 30 seconds. This should be a good filler after dwarven beer ran out and could also be used in trash due to the lower cd.

I don't think other scouts are currently really using this effectively, at least I haven't heard of sustain issues of physical scouts - so this change wouldn't change anything for them :)

I've had done some balancing changes in this thread regarding scout/knight. Right now the class can regenerate 100 fokus every 60 seconds for players around 90 range.

Yeah but maybe as a new warlock since those combinations are still in implementation and might lack of ideas. 100 focus every 60s might be okay in bossfight offburst, but in trash I don't think it's useful, even if many sustaining classes are participating on the same raid with different timings etc.

Warlock has some selfish focus regeneration buffs, which could be transformed into support buffs. Then you could run with 2 warlocks instead, which enables some more tactics in raid setup and outsources some essential utility.

But yea, maybe this could be put on a scout to make scout great again, since lether type is kind of underrated atm, I only see chains and paper in endcontent and only few lederhosen.

Just a hint regarding scout/warlock...

What about implementing some sustain support class as warlock/scout that could grant the raid some sustain buffs or instant ressources?

I also tested the class itself for a while now. If I do not use any focus costing buffs in trash, the class has only few sustain issues in rofl. BUT I always had to use uni potion on cooldown, which isn't very useful in the long run. So I appreciate the suggestion of some phirius sustain potions wich few cd as 20s or such.

However the class is very funny to play, only aoe sometimes lacks somehow if you don't have anything ready to use, but thats just a timing thingy I guess.

Scout/Warlock

The Elemental Discipline is not procced on every single target hit. Seems this has an internal 1.2s cooldown with crossbow or something.

See my screenshot, 18 hits and only 12 triggers.

2a317ffa84646632e8a3c0869852d415.png

Another test with more skills resulted in 32 hits and only 27 triggers. The higher procc rate might be related to the increased attackspeed/castspeed within my selfbuffs (no idea why).
    2a135bc0193d79c2e1f607b3bbebc974.png

So finally I tested this with all of my attackspeed cooldowns, which resulted in 20 hits and 14 proccs.
    73debe1a4d257292c1fb1c5ce76cf092.png

Even if it's not intended to proc on autoshot or spells, the amount of proccs is still strange.

Regarding Scout/Warlock...

The 200 focus are really awesome, but the Universal Potion isn't working between 101 and 199 focus points. Also the dwarven beer potion is buggy on this class since it always "sets" focus to 100, no matter how much focus you had before. So if you use it with more than 100 focus, your focus is reduced to 100 :D

Also, as the previous posts already told, please add a focus regeneration mechanic or decrease/remove the focus cost on Wind Arrows, Autoshot and Vampire Arrows (which currently has 2 separate focus costs, which might be another bug).

However, the concept of this class (and most others ofc) is awesome, I'm looking forward to play them in future <3

Are you sure, regarding the Exp from Quests? My ppl started questing and ended up without any bonus (at least they told me so). That was the original reason why I was writing this thread. The real question is: Are the x10 EXP already displayed in the quest text boxes, since I get the same amount of EXP as displayed in the quest text.

Regarding the other points: I didn't tested all the stuff, I was just told that there were like nothing of that existing. If so, my information might be wrong I guess.

So this could be closed then, thanks for the information and sry about the misunderstanding, I completely trusted in the info I was told by the ppl I brought into game :rolleyes:

Hi folks,

I was recently returning since I paused for about 3 years and noticed some issues which could turn off new players from starting on this server - both again and from scratch.

Short backgroundstory: Me and some players were switching from another server and wanted to start here again. I noticed that most of my ppl were averse to start as a new player, because there is less newbie-support than on like any other server. I also was participarting in the organisation of another project which is finished and closed now and I noticed that newbie-support makes a server more attractive by far, even in the long run.

So here I gonna present some suggestions for fixing this issue to make the server gre.... more attractive ;)

• min. x2 EXP Rate on Quests, even more would be better
    • Better starter gear (if it's still the old one I remember)
    • starting diamonds or other currency like rubies which can't be traded to prevent exploitation
    • starter mount, megaphones, potions, transportation stuff (things you can't use on an alt char for your main)

I'm sure there are possibilities to implement stuff like that. From my point of view, a stable support of new players is needed to avoid new players jump off since there are other servers that already have these features.

I also know, starting currencies isn't a good plan for many cases, since ppl can exploit it, creating new accounts and becoming rich by exploit. But I'm sure, you guys know ways to ensure avoidance of these matters.

As a returning player (what I actually am) it's not an issue. I already have all classes maxed out and all the stuff I need so far. But to be serious, as an entirely new player I wouldn't be motivated to start from scratch on CoA as it is atm and would rather choose another game/project. (no offense, but I was told by my dudes with exactly this argument)

Best

Zyrex

Nice idea that memento stuff! :love:

Aditionally i would suggest:

• The whole phirius shop (NPCs can be removed for better performance in Atlas)
    • Those crafting materials you buy for Mementos at the Weeping Coast
    • Repair-Hammers you buy for Mementos at the Weeping Coast (bcz our guild now has HD gear :D )
    • The Phirius Shell NPCs' stuff, stuff for coins, proofs, mementos, dreamland stuff...
    • ... and maybe add a donkey to the merchant which offers some backpacks as additional inventory storage :rolleyes:

Thanks and best regards
    Zyrex

PS: regardless of my ironic suggestions, that NPC is a very must-have! I always missed something like that on other servers. Please keep up making Runes great again! :love::love::love:

Hi,

for our Lv 55-70 project some older stuff would be awesome for the weekend or somewhen else.

Some tier 5 Runes:

others would be nice as well.

In addition to that we would appreciate some Lv 62 Varanas Nightmare items, especially the blue crystals (ID: 205718 ).

Maybe it's possible to insert that into a phirius coin promo for the phirius shop or for rubys?

Thanks
    Zyrex