Posts by Zyrex

I just found a bug that halfed the cooldown time of several buffs on my S/Wl (no idea if the class mattered), such as Essence Arrow, Venomous Snipe, Ironblood and many more. It seemed that this happened when I had a specific buff running. Unfortunately I didn't realize what buff that was. First, I thought it was a general S/Wl bug, but after my buffs from yesterday ran out, the bug disappered.

I gonna do some more tests, but just wanted to let you know, that there is something out there breaking the game.

At this screenshot you see my buffs I used all at the same time, but only the ancient water spirit potion had its original 3min cd, all the others finished their cooldown much earlier (Ironblood as well, not on this screen visible).

5559fca03ff08cfd1c8094b02c061259.png

So dwarven beer and Poisonous Surge were doing as intended, but the others didn't.

Edit: nevermind, I'm blind...

After a lot of runs with different healers I experienced that only the priest/scout seems to break my fps on some way. Unfortunately I can't really say what skill exactly is responsable for this issue. At least I guess it's something about the regeneration after the Curing Shot or such. This brought me down to 5-10 fps which was awful. =O

Hey there,

I would like to suggest adding a new buff tower to the guild castle inventory, which increases the movementspeed of characters by 10% on Level 10. This could make the castle way more interesting again, resources would be required more again and movementspeed is a pretty good utility for instances, but 10% is quite enough not to be too fast in my opinion.

Cheers

Hi there,

the magical wardrobe is one of the features I'm using a lot, maybe most every day. Some friends aready agreed, we need more slots in it and just like in the inventory and bank a search function. If you have more than like five or six tabs full of skins, you need a search to find anything imo. Would appreciate the search even more than more slots btw. <3

Hmm. I completely disagree with this :cursing:. This is how this ability (Venomous Snipe) becomes completely useless||, because it will only work on Snipe (which has a cooldown of 15 seconds).

I don't think it's useless, because your next snipe will be empowered, so even if it doesn't crit, it still is more powerful and if you don't get the crit, you can snipe once again. Also the buff just applies the damage increase to your next snipe, not any in the full 20 seconds.

Hey there,

some time ago we got the new bagpack pages 7-12, which is really useful. But could you maybe add an option to show all the 12 bags on one single window? Sorting and ordering stuff between the first and last 6 pages is pretty annoying, since you always need to swtich the tab to the other six bags. So the result would be one view with all 12 bags shown at the same time.

434a95a21f7f659bc2354c02eaa2c26a.png

S/Wl:

• Changed Venomous Snipe to do not provide poison damage anymore, increased Snipe damage increment to 24% from 8%.
    • Reduced Poisonous Will poison damage gain to 118% from 125%.
    • Increased Elemental Discipline focus recovery chance to 35% from 30%.

This looks pretty good imo. The burst dps was bit too much before and focus sustain bit too less, so this will fix both I guess. I could imagine the 15% less poison damage will matter in trash by using 3min cooldowns, but we will see.

Other stuff:

Quote from Patchnotes

(...) Every creature killed will inflict 2% damage to tactic object.

I also appreciate the changes to Jerath event, finally killing mobs is relevant now (if I get this right). So ppl now kill mobs constantly to damage the boss as well? This could bring some more dynamics to the fight and require some positioning skills I guess. Sounds good.

The cooldown could also make the whole thing much more teamwork related as well, hope it works as intended.

Quote from Patchnotes

Added physical attack, attack speed and bad luck aura to Nayat, Siddartha and Krishna in Realm of Forgotten Legends Hard Mode.

What is this aura? Something that happens if someone missclicked a debuff that makes the specific boss stronger to force the party to communicate better and coordinate the clicks? Appreciate this if I get it right.

Quote from Patchnotes

Changed Balton to re-apply poison every 3 seconds instead of 5 in Realm of Forgotten Legends Hard Mode

So this should implement a dps and heal check I guess. It already was ok to me, but we will see how this evolves.

In our latest runs I realized that Balton had a quite long immune phase after respawning the first time. Can you somehow reduce this, since it's annoying not to be able to aggro him asap as a tank and in some cases he runs straight to a supporter and onehits him. Thats kinda rng and shouldn't happen imo.

Totally agree to this, but still you need to accept even those player who might not understand how mechanics and stuff works, who have higher pings than skyscrapers and these who play on their own built pc system for like 30 years now.

wait, what? why would i accept that people apparently have no idea about "how mechanics and stuff works" should get a boost just because some other people know how to play? i mean, instead of learning how to play -

if they have ping or old computer, thats their own issue, not related with class balance. it is like adding auto aim to players who have low fps in an first person shooter game.

Don't get me wrong, I don't talk about those leechers that don't do anything in ROFL and let others die for their core. I'm talking about players who might not have that much knowledge of the game yet or need some help but are willed to evolve and to do progress. I saw many ppl that were very lost in the CoA-Universe, but after helping them with rota or such, they were able to come to terms with it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On the other hand we got guilds that still struggle on Inferno, Tikal, maybe Gorge.

don't take it personally, if people are struggling with running tikal/inferno/gorge with current overboosted classes, then they should not call themselves a properly playing dps. even in 2018 these instances were possible to run with 1-2 dps with classes alot weaker than current class combinations.

Not taken as such, as it doesn't relate to me or my guild ;) Totally agree to this, but still you need to accept even those player who might not understand how mechanics and stuff works, who have higher pings than skyscrapers and these who play on their own built pc system for like 30 years now. ;) I mean, we all play the same game and want to have fun altogether, so noone should get disadvantages of behavior of others. I don't blaim anyone not to play endgame or not to use a combat engine or whatever.

Actually we too have those dummies since a few patches, however they seem to not work correctly, receiving different amounts of dmg that not fit their debuffs....

Yeah, maybe we need some more, maybe also some "trash"-simulation with separated fields of 5, 10, 15, 20 dummys with trashmob values :/

Strength is strongest

Wisdom is wisest

Intelligence is intelligest

Stamina is Stanning

I think plate is missing, also rating strength for gear types is not the way I guess... ;)

In my opinion balance should be first done in one class and it's different combos(so every combo of this call will be viable), and then level all classes to same/similar dmg(so everything will be playable). (but this is how i would do balance)

That is probably a question of how one would like to carry out the balancing. In my opinion it is difficult to balance all classes in their combinations first and then to other classes because there is no real component that can be adjusted to make all secondary classes better or worse with one change. So I prefer to set a benchmark and then adjust all classes to the value. You would then have to decide whether you want to divide the classes into categories (aoe, support, single target damage, burst damage...) and how much you weight which category. (By that I mean how much damage can you "take away" from a class if it has good support skills.)

Well but that is probably an independent topic and is decided by the devs.

I think we are circling around for some days/weeks. Only a few classes get balanced atm, most is about warden and champ, sometimes a rogue appears in patchnotes (as I feel it). Imho balancing is not possible in the current content, since we have a too massive gap in the playerbase in terms of gear.

On one hand we got the (more or less) golden player raids which just destroy all inis and bosses in a leap. On the other hand we got guilds that still struggle on Inferno, Tikal, maybe Gorge. BUT we need a balancing that matches them all, or at least most of them.

The way how it's done currently is not the way I think it's effective nor efficient. Most players complaining about their very own favorite classes and are not objective, that's a problem. Also all our raids are completely different, in our guild runs the wardens are absolute overpowered, on others the mages, and so on. It all depends on so many factors, such as available support, gear, rota engine (custom lua, kitty, diyce, slayer, whatever). So that all makes no sense at all to me.

What we need is a unite environment to test stuff. On other games I saw dummy parses where you burst on a dummy to reach a specific amount of damage and check the time after that. Same could be done for AoE with multiple dummys. But ROFL is imho the worst example to compare classes/raids or to balance classes at all.

Hey there,

I just found some old Destiny Rings in my chest and would like to see them added to the itemshop in some way. Maybe on a promo or sale, but I think, there are many players without having the speed buff and would like to be faster. :/ Maybe this could be used for the starter gear as a 7 days one.

#Dont nerf classes (for not golden armor characters instead nerf the golden armor) or just buff the weak classes

Im just starting to get bored of this game cause of the balance system is ALWAYS in benefit of the ppl that is just fully endgame. Its always we nerf the op class that all the golden endgame chars are using on rolf making rolf a joke ini, while the ppl with an average gear of rolf red armor / gorge armor are getting worst and worst with every class (In my opinion this ISS from the golden set is a Joke are super op and are just for golden boyss..... this will make rolf easier for them that will make more nerfs)

Agree on that. The problem is, that most ppl giving feedback come from endcontent and these get the most likes by their guild mates, so posts from midcontent players will not be seen in the flood. Imo they should close the thread for a while and keep doing their own balancing, which worked just well in the past. I mean, I appreciate the possibility to give feedback, but the whole balancing process is more and more cycling around for some few classes.

Also it always depends completely on given support classes and raid setup, so you can't even do objective balancing in ROFL. In our runs the Wardens are completely overpowered, most having 30-40% more overall damage than any other class, but in other guilds its the mages that are broken, in another guild its the champs. There are so many factors that deny an objective balancing...

Wd/Wl vs Ch/Wl

I can't really tell much about this topic since I don't play chain classes, but can tell you what I saw in our runs from my perspective.

I think Warden/Warlock is/was about 20-30% better in overall dps than Champ/Warlock, at least it was in our runs on Friday and Sunday. Some bosses just got crushed by the Warden(s) with 50kk+ hits, especially on Balton a Warden reached over 400kk total dmg, which was insane, because our other dds had equal gear.

However Champ is much more defensive than Warden and dies much less through this potential. I don't think, Champ was/is too weak, but Warden/Warlock is definitively way too strong.

I think its damage doesn't really matter at all.

I have no words. This skill is our best dmg source in sustain unless we are full buffed. How this dmg doesn't matter?

For me it seems that only a few part of my dps come from earth arrow, most comes from the poison combo.

331e5b236bdff564dd34709e14f7b349.png

On screenshot you see earth arrow on 3rd place with 11% overall damage. Poisonous Arrow did that like 3-times. On bosses earth arrow has more or less the same amount of total damage.

It is already a perma 0.7s cast. Reduce its general cast to 1s mean dmg of the skill would be nerfed so this wouldn't work in endgame unless they double its current dmg.

I think its damage doesn't really matter at all. In burst I start with full nature power, which is regenerated through the poison combo itself. Only thing that lowers the amount permanently, is Sandstorm. So the 0.5s cast would enable the user to regenerate it better in trash. I mean, i used to heal myself with Restore Life when I was waiting for the tank or such. That felt kinda useless, better dealing smaller hits and just recovering nature points faster imo.

Laisha Oh yes indeed, the 0.2s difference make a difference ofc. Most times my casts interrupted at 0.6s

Druid/Warlock

Last few days I tested the Druid/Warlock in rofl, inferno, hos and original content. I think the dps i fine and it's a very cool and fun class. You have to manage your nature points sustain and focus, but should always keep an eye on your mana as well.

There is only 1 problem: you have literally nothing for fast single targets. Everything that deals more damage than like nothing, is a cast or has a decent cooldown. So maybe you could change the cast time of Earch Arrow from 2 seconds to 1 second so that it can be casted with 0.5s on targets. Also this would help to work against the massive nature points decrement/problems in AoE sections.

Side info: For me it's a bit messy to use the Sandstorm as a ground target in my rota, since I don't use AU Kitty. So I wrote a huge macro/lua that also uses other aoe stuff and no-gcd skills as well efficiently. But still it feels bad somehow. Maybe this could changed to a targeting skill with splash damage, such as Mage/Knight lightstars or static field of general mage? I mean, it's working like okay, but could be improved I guess :)

Hi there,

I just got a quick idea, which could be used in coming content or also changed in already existing one. I noticed there are a lot of signpost allover the workd of Taborea, which show nearby locations and points of interest. Maybe you could change some of these to waypoints to fast travel inside a zone itself. Then you could use the doggo (however it's called in EN) to transport between zones and waypoints in zones themselves.

The signposts are all units that have tooltips, such as immortal objects, which might be changed to enable a text panel on click or such.

Also I see many players shouting occasionally for transportation to other continents. Maybe there could be some kind of mechanic to fast travel between continents as well? Especially for new players this would help a lot or at least for me (as I never know what continent is where and what ^^). Also, it's kinda useless to actually need to activate all the doggos first to use them. It might be better having them all activated from the beginning and to be free to port anywhere you want.

These signposts I'm talking about:

b318a7e4cfe1f530c6b17712252b8f24.png

Isn't a magical tank when you have plate with physical attack and physical dmg, is a physical tank like the rest of tanks in game. With plate + staff you will do 0 dmg and 0 crit so unless you give him a 1000% extra aggro it can't never work.

Now, create a new cloth or a new plate with some mdmg, mattack and +aggro instead of -aggro bonus and this class could be interesting.

Yes indeed, it is possible. Me as a K/Ch got like no patt at all, buffed on Boss I'm at 250k or such, literally nothing, so patt doesn't matter for aggro. So should matt do as well. The crit issue could be handled by some sort of passive that transfers physical crit into magical. So yes, it could be a magical tank. But as I mentioned in my other (this) post, there is a huge trouble to mix roles (tank) with different gear types.

Also people recently requested a K/M with plate armor and INT stats, so the WlK would fit for that as well. I mean, requiring plate armor is needed, but how you stat this, should be up to any player. And for this one you should be fine without any matt at all. Aggro never had issues with low patt/matt, more specific, you never needed it for holding aggro, so it should also work for non-existing matt I guess.

"He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a Dark Knight." ~Gordon.

First, I have no idea where to post this. It's not a real suggestion, but an idea that needs some discussion, even with other tanks, also I don't want it to disappear in the mega-thread about balancing, so it's up to the mods to put this on the right place I guess. 8o

Intro (read first)

I got some ideas for one of the coming Warlock classes. Since tanks didn't get Warden/Knight, Knight/Warden and Knight/Warlock as new tank classes through the process, I would suggest to change the upcoming Warlock/Knight to a medium range magical plate tank. Many of its skills can be used to actually tank if it had enough aggro to sustain and a good tanking base values, which come by usage of plate armor. Additionally it would use a staff and some skills would require a staff as well. So plate users only need to build one additional weapon, which is totally fine I guess (bcz there are many new classes that require a new weapon).

Magical range tank sounds pretty overpowered, but I also got some ideas to make the gameplay much more challenging by adding an important ressource sustain management and positioning.

The skills cost focus and percentage mana to enable some sort of focus management and make it use the focus regeneration skills. Additionally you can use the Lv 35 Elite to regenerate your mana for some focus. This needs some balancing I guess, to find the break even point for an active usage of sustain management, which makes this class really powerful.

You need Willpower Construct for the full potential of this class, which needs some timing to run. Also you can't use a wand and talisman for an insanely high amount of aggro, so you need to use your skills instead.

Also Warlock brings some useful ISS, that protect the party or buff the player himself. One skill consumes HP to speed up the character, which can be used for pulling, but needs to be used carefully of course. So the class benefits a lot from ISS, but needs additional management of time and ressources. You need to decide what to do: Deal more aggro or support better. Both at the same time won't work very well.

Elite Skills

15: Silent Guardian (passive) - "Your Shield of Discipline no longer requires a shield, but a staff to be used. Additionally decreases incoming magical damage by 20% while buff is active."

20: Dark Hero (passive) - "Changes your holy strike into a magical range skill. Also reduces your Beast's Roar cooldown time to 15s."

20: Holy Pulse (replaces Holy Strike) - "Deals 1000 dark damage and adds a holy seal on the target (as holy strike does), each skill level increases to aggro." - 180 range, spamable, 2% mana + 10 focus cost

25: Watchful Protector - "Changes your Warp Charge to addinionally increase your generated aggro by 100% for 20 seconds. After usage this cannot be triggered again for 15 seconds. Each skill level increases to aggro." - 200 range, 10s cooldown, 5% mana + 20 focus cost

30: Unholy Staff (passive) - "Increases your aggro by 30% of any dark damage magical skill, reduces damage taken by 10% and increases your received healing by 20% while having a staff equipped."

35: Dark Echo - "Calls the darkness to help you gain your strength. Consumes 50 of your focus and transforms it into 50% mana." - 25s cooldown

40: Heavy Sorcery (passive) - "Allows you to equip plate armor and increases plate armor defense by 50%."

45: Bat's Shuriken - "Throws shuriken of dark magic to deal 4 times 1200 + 0.2 x STA dark damage to all targets in front of you. Each successful hit places a debuff 'Shuriken Strike' on the targets to decrease movement speed and attack speed by 30% for 10 seconds. If a target dies while debuff on it, it decreases the cooldown time of this skill by 2 seconds." - 120 range, 30s cooldown, 10% mana + 10 focus cost, 4s channeltime

50: Knight's Armor - "Consumes 3 PSI and wraps you into a magical armor for 60 seconds that increases your defense by 25%, generated aggro by 50% and reduce focus cost by 20%. Every 5 seconds you will release a sonar pulse that hits friendly allies in a 100 range that reduces damage taken by 15% for 5 seconds." - 60s cooldown, 3 Psi cost, only usable in willpower construct

60: Dark Pulse - "Releases a pulse of darkness to all nearby enemies to deal 2200 + 0.4 x STA dark damage. Each skill level adds to aggro." - 120 range, 6s cooldown, 20 focus cost, requires staff (might be equal to Whirlwind Shield of Knight)

70: Dark Punishment - "Punishes the souls of the opponent to increase it's damage taken by 2% for each consumed Holy Seal. Lasts for 15 seconds." - 120 range, 30s cooldown, 20% mana + 10 focus cost

Other useful skills for some syngery

The Mind Barrier can be used at some point, that protects allies around while in willpower construct. Beast's Roar is a cool aoe slow, that works perfectly with the "Bat's Shuriken" Lv 45 Elite, that is a channel skill. So Mobs will need some time to get close enough to interrupt you. Also Beast's Roar is changed by Lv 20 Elite Dark Hero.

In combination with Lv 40 Elite Heavy Sorcery, Enhanced Armor increases your defense you need.

You are also able to battle rez, but this consumes all your PSI, so it needs to be used carefully since you need your PSI most of the time.

Explanation for some Elites

40: This makes the class a plate tank, since I don't like mixing roles and gears. So the class would be a plate tank with a staff, that gets some boni to compensate the missing shield.

45: This should work like the Shock Strike of Champion, but as a channel skill that can be interrupted. So the tank needs to know how to move and where to stand while using this.

My fears

The class maybe needs a taunt for single target and AoE as well. Also this class could lack on aggro, because the player literally has no magical attack power. There are a looooot of ISS and utility to increase dark damage, but I have no idea (not at all) if that's enough. This needs some balancing for sure, but I think, any class needs it, so whatever. ;)

Other ideas

Maybe some more dots can be included effectively to enable additional dot gameplay, for example Soul Pain that reduces target's defense by 5% or something, because Warlock is also a supporter. But I wouldn't give this class too much support, because other classes can and should do better.

My expectations

To summarize, this class requires some skill to play. I don't think, a kitty rota would be recommended for this, since most skills should be used in different situations. Playing this requires a good timing, positioning and movement. Warlock benefits a lot from his own buffs and PSI management. Also focus and mana sustain is very important for this class. So you need to take care of 3 ressources, buffs, cooldowns, positioning, crowd control and much more. That's why this class sounds like the perfect tank - and it truly is, but as mentioned, requires a lot to succeed.

Discussion required

Now I would like to see some other points of view of different tanks (and also other players ofc)! Would a class like this make sense? Would it be overkill? Let me know! <3 Please consider, all the cooldowns, values and stuff isn't final, it just should be a concept and show you guys, how I imagine this class. ;) So I don't care if its 1000 dark damage or 900 and such...

How many warden/druids in your party and how often? I not talk about any other wardens. So, now I should wear +aggro rune if I want to go at some solo/duo instance to make my pet not die? Sorry, but it sounds ridicilous. Cenedrils also have -75 aggro and never had that problem that he was tanking boss because of his aggro (...)

In some solo farming runs I did for my ISS in the past, I used a tank cenedril that took aggro of like anything against my mage with -aggro cap. Sometimes I wanted to tank by myself, then I also put an aggro rune in my staff. I think that's not rediculous, it's normal. If you deal enough damage at some point, your aggro will be higher than your pet's, but below this point, the pet's gonna tank I guess. ;)

The Oak Walker still have -75% aggro. If you are at -90% and doing something alone, you should increase your aggro. Tanks also need a job. Decreasing more aggro would destroy the need of a tank in some was.

I, as a tank, never had a problem with warden pets aggro since it is at -75%

Kind regards

Different point of view from another tank... i didn't even know there was an aggro buff on the pet, but this has never been an issue, neither in trash nor in boss fights. But I got an idea for this.

I think, these pets are increasing the damage output of their masters by a lot, also increasing their values like crit and such. So why not also increasing their generated aggro (or transfer the pet's aggro to master) so that they need to use a reconsiliation rune or need to watch out. This would affect any warden tank by a lot, but from my perspective this tank never was relevant and still isn't.