Posts by deszcz2

"using it will put every skill, which are changing casters form, into 20 seconds of cooldown state." doesn't it mean you can't change form after using this skill?

@Lutine

elmo: I guess skills like demo-mode will get into CD. But you can cancel Shield Form ( I guess maybe?). Didn't play champ for a long time. There are other ISS which get you out of shield form and let you have no mode. If those ISS don't get CD, you are not forced to stay in shield form

well i understand part of "every skill" means everything that can somehow change your form, so maybe you can cancel shield form, but won't be able to turn on it again for 20 sec :P but we will see, and even after this patch we only would need to report all those unwanted dependencies

Hello there

Wd/W:

Skill "Frantic Briar" ID: 1490330 have desription that says "if Spirit of The Oak is summoned, it will icrease damage taken of targets by 10% for 15 sec...." but effect it provide on targets gives only 6% damage increament.

Plz fix description or skill effect.

Hello there

As i think Grox said once, different people do different things, so balancing process don't have to have something with other features. ;)

another thing, plz nerf m/s somehow he still overperform (in my opinion) compared to other mage class combos. :D

Greetings

I will ask only one question , are you kidding me , you are taking one more leather combo and making one more mdps combo?????? If you realy want to remove leather from game just say so bcs we have less and less options ..... So now when you took s/m, as scout you have only 6 combos now to play, which one is S/K , and i didnt saw anyone to play that combo ... Pls can you explain this change for S/m and why one more mdps combo ,or why 1 less leather combo ?

i think there is nothing to be mad about bec we have no clue what this combo will be looking like, maybe dev can give us some hints about what this class is gonna be?

It wasnt directly targeting you, but more likely on the general. I feel like many people (not everyone!!) only compare the overall scrut and are mad about a singletarget class not being #1 which will not happen on a fair battle in RoFL, continue to go to the forum and ask for buffs on their trashspells. I think there are many hidden raidcombos which can make rofl runs insanely fast. Maybe a good balance of aoe + singletarget + dps/support ? Idk. But in a game like runes, with how many classes, 90?, some classes will always perform better than others in certain sitations. this doesnt mean those classes suck and should get buffed, but rather that theyre not played well or the party combo isnt good for this class. A AOE class will perform better in a party with 2 other aoe classes than in a party with other 8 classes. This run the class performs low, the next run it performs better. Its always depending on other party classes, and the tank. Different tank players/classes have different ways of tanking.

well in general you are right yet problem is that there are classes that are op both in aoe and single target, so there we can't just say "pick something that is good in aoe or good in single" only becouse of those few classes that destroys everything mo mather if it is single or multiple enemies.

Current endgame meta is hardly based on aoe fights, trash is 90% time of instance, bosses can be fought endlessly (b1, b2, b3), or just dies insanely fast (b4), or can be both xD (b5). and even on those few moments when we have single target burst fight, single target focused class combos can't show that they rlly are single target based xD.

that is why probably ppl whant to boost some combos that way or another.

BTW. s/p Shot still trigger it's buff without 15sec cd after buff ended as it says in skill buff desription

Scout/Priest skill buff "Dums of War" ID: 493010

Is WlK not using spells every second? My WlWd tank for example uses CC or PotW on cd or channels stuff, but the change would be okay for the class I think. So if I understand right, you just need to do "something" to trigger the Soul Crusher hit. Is WlK different in some way?

Wlk aoe have 40s cd. Don't have cc or whisper like wlwd. There is nothing to spam, just 1 single skill which does no dmg and need focus. We are always close to 0 focus even if we had something to spam, we couldn't. Besides, all rest of skills have no aggro multiplier so unless you go full dps or have all dark buffs on, their aggro is nothing.

Soul Crusher is the only reason why class is viable in mobs if you reach good mattack.

so for me it's not problem with soul crusher but with wrl/k itself xD

Imo this class is fine the way it is. Its not op like it was before and its not garbage. Its damage is great and with the right buff food and ur self buff, mana isn't really a problem so I think the way this class performs now is really good. You don't have your maximum damage every 1.5min but you still have a good off burst and if you have all of your buffs ready, this class still can do a lot of damage. Anyway, thats just what I think. Did you test it? Whats ur opinion?

Greetings.

Thanks for answering :)

For me is underperforming. This class aoe was never the brightest thing but it had incredibly easy and fast single dmg. Now the aoe is as bad or even worse than before (30 to 50% lower than any of my mdps) and the single can't make the difference anymore to reach the overal I get with others since is reduced in time and by around 20% less dmg full buffed. It breaks my heart but it joined the club of weakest classes ;(<3

well i feel like d/r became slightly lower than average dps, yet i see it more like great supportive dd.
    d/r have acces to some nice druid set skills like combat rezz + trap clean, and also can provide great support in terms of resourse management of party members + perma crit buff + single target crit debuff.
    That's why i think even if his dmg isn't top tier yet this combo is still rlly good i terms of raid usefullness :D

Regarding Warrior/Priest:

Please consider changing Berserk to increase damage dealt instead of physical and magical damage. The buff currently benefits melee classes more than any other and makes comparing classes difficult.

Wasn't this applyed in patch 10.4.0.2014:

Warrior/Priest

• Changed Berserker to increase damage dealt by 7.9% instead of physical and magical damage.*

?

Scout/Priest skill buff "Dums of War" ID: 493010 do not have 15 sec CD after skill buff ends as it is mentioned in skill description. Plz fix description or skill function.

Priest/Scout Fairy skill "Frost Halo" ID: 493278 gives it's 10% Elemental Damage increament to whole raid members instead of only owner. plz fix skill effect

greetings

or maybe nerf it step by step :D and of course give some love in terms of nerfing dmg of top mage combos :D

i say about everything rogue got destroyed even in single target burst at balton (m/s flame spirit dealt 4x 20kk flame hits xD )

I just experienced great dissbalance between mdps(mages) and pdps(rogue) in rofl. (T13 gear XIII runes t16/t14 weapon) experienced rogue could not even compete with lower geared mage classes (m/d, m/ch, m/s) and those differences were at the level of i think abou at least 4 - 5 tiers in eq.

Maybe consider lowering mages another % value like it was done few pathes ago with all classes?

dfference between ch/d and p/s is that you don't need to change anything in ch/x eq to be viable as ch/d healer/supp. but to be usefull as p/s mdps/heal you need two different equipments.

Changed Poisonous Widow Embrace damage value to 342.8% + 10 x 34.3% CPS dark damage from 5570 + 10 x 557, reduced energy recovery to 3 per hit from 2 per critical hit.

How is that a decrease? Before it was 2 energy per crit, now it's 3 energy per hit in general (no matter if crit or not)? Or does it now only trigger if I don't crit?

maybe wrong desrcription?

Hello there,

And here we go again with "my truth is better than your truth". Every one of us have different experience and playstyle, so maybe don't make statements like "you are wrong becouse i'm not wrong"?

What we know is that making equalisation of all dps class is damn hard thing to do. And only thing we should do i thing is to give OUR OWN opinions + maybe some screenshots of scruti or something with comment, like "this run was like that and those classes manage to deal this much dmg, i think it's ok/not ok"

So about mages:

feels like main problem(?) of top mages is that they spammable AOE/splash skills are bit too strong. Maybe Devs should look at them and reduce it's dmg slightly?
    oh and for m/s i think that after last patch his dmg output overall didn't change or maybe even got higher? What was taken by nerfing Cathalysis (-20% aoe dmg) was given back by fixing Flame Spirit speed. What about nerfing spirit's dmg a little?

I have question to:

Mage/Scout

• Changed Fire Rose to do not trigger global cooldown.

I played as m/s for long time and what i experienced is that this skill already don't trigger GCD or maybe i'm missing something?

edit
    ok nvm it got changed :D

Well maybe it needs more testing but as you mentioned castspeed is important, so wand+tali allows you to have 2x curse XIII. Then i'm not sure about 2h being beter than 1h + tali

During your burst you don't need the second Curse rune because your at 0.5 Castspeed anyway. And (in my case) since my 1h is 2 tiers higher than my 2h staff the curse rune doesn't even compensate the damage loss. If there was a Talisman with elemental damage (*Wink* Worldboss?) maybe it would be better but since ur main damage skils deal wind damage, a fire talisman isn't really usefull.

I tested the Warmage yesterday (and will today) and I was really surprised how well he performed :D Aoe damage wasn't as terrible as I remembered (it was pretty decent tbh) and burst and sustain were quite good.

Greetings.

Wasn't w/m dmg formula simillar to s/wrl where (if i good remember and i'm not horribly wrong) even excessing castspeed cap was giving boost o skill dmg? Not sure in what patchnote it was mentioned but i remember something like that, but if not then ok.

Greetings :D

Edit.

Found it: 10.4.0.2008 ((Cast per second skills (same mechanic used for Scout/Warlock elites) are considered as 3 seconds casting time skills which will gain damage until their imaginary cast time hits to 0.5 seconds limit.)

so yea you don't get boost in dmg after you get to 0.5 cast speed for 3 sec cast, but as i know now it is like 84%? speed for 3s skill to be capped at 0.5. Then on w/m without skill like cathalysis i'm not sure if you reached this cap so easly :D

Well maybe it needs more testing but as you mentioned castspeed is important, so wand+tali allows you to have 2x curse XIII. Then i'm not sure about 2h being beter than 1h + tali

Well it's simillar when it comes to my experience, yet i never felt like my m/d was underperforming even before latest changes. I was few times as m/d with my guild and it was rly good, maybe not as powerfull as m/s but not much worse, i think it could be close or sligtly worse than m/wd.

What i think is that curent aoe dmg based content makes all mages quite powerfull (some more than others but it probably depends on raid playstyle). To be honest i don't think that is something bad, yet i'm not sure what would be good solution for this, becouse if future give us more single taget content all classes that was "OP" will be underperforming.

For now i just want to see all mdps classes to be pleasant and joyfull to play. What i experienced so far we have not that bad balance between "Mage" mainclasses:
    (my opinion): top dps: m/s, m/ch, m/wd, m/d. nice dps + insane support: m/wrl. Nice dps + good support: m/r. *Meh*dps: m/p, m/k, m/w?(don't have swap gear).
    I didn't put here other magical combos purposely, bec wanted to just show "MagePOV"

Well so as we see we have only 3 ot of 9? mage classes that can be seen as "bad ones". Of course i DEPENDS on own and raid playstyle as i mentioned before. But i think we should just try not to destroy this state by trying to improve our prefered class combo.

I am big fan of lowering overall dmg output, but i am bigest fan of giving well deserved buffs as well as nerfs for separate class combos ;)

Thanks and don't cry about nerfs becouse it can always be worse ;)

In terms of lowering best mages combos dmg output i suggest : (i'm not best at ingame math so those numbers might not be best :P)

In mage/scout lower "Elemental Catalysis" mdmg gain from 70% to maybe like 50%?

In mage/champion lower "Ion Storm" dmg dealt, and also Wind dmg boosts gained by "Voltage Influx" (from 18% to maybe 10%) and "Electrostatic Charge" (from 10% to 5%)

in mage/warden lower "Earth Groaning Wind Blade" dmg output, or increase "Earth Core Barrier" CD to 3 min.

Those skills i feel are good playce to do adjustments. Maybe values are wrong, maybe some skills are more influent at combo gameplay, but i think we should try to lower those specific combos dmg, just to make space for other mages, and to make those not that op :D

Kind Regards

Mage

• Reduced Thunderstorm damage to 2511 from 2737.

I don't understand these kinds of general nerfs out of nowhere. Mages aren't balanced between their combos. Nerf a random skill for all of them makes no sense to me.

That's 100% true statement, currently we have like 3 or 4? mage classes that need individual nerf are m/s, m/ch, m/wd, and maybe m/d?

other mages like m/p, m/k, m/wrl, m/w, are waaay less powerfull than top4.

So maybe instead of nerfing them all, try to make all combos pleasant to play?

yea i gues no matter what we say , nothing will change sence gms and developers only listens to people who brings most money. and the rest of us who dont bring much or some thet are free to play no one listens to. i gues i l just shut my mouth and move on to another server or keep what i think to my self thets last comment from me...

well i didn't put any real money into game, i get to endgame thanks to my giuldmates, and my own "skills". I like those changes and even few of changes in the past (i believe) was made becouse i asked for them in balance thread.
    So as you see it have nothing to do about "giving money" or not. It is all about self-criticism and giving well tought out arguments. :)