Posts by imrobertcampbell

In another thread I have suggested to Quorthon about a suggestion to make Guild Furniture that includes buffs similar to house furniture with buffs. These could have the same buffs that house furniture has or could have new and unique buffs that maybe effect all guild members or only possibly during seige.

- Regards

I have posted this similarly elsewhere and in direct message's but here is the deal.... You cant expect to add new features and new content without fixing and stabilizing the content already in game.

After You do that then You can look at what are the most recently used addons and determine what feature they bring to the game.

Then You can take those features and add them to the game as standard.

If You keep adding new things to the game on top of old issues/problems You will have more issues and eventually trying to fix those issues will cause more issues etc. At some point You are going to be literally breaking Your own game due to this.

For example You took the WoWMap addon and added it to the game as default because of the features it provided. When You updated the game to add new locations, npc's etc, it made the WoWMap addon not work. The proper way to have done this would be to take the features of the WoWMap addon and code them into the base game so that everytime You add a new area, npc, zone, dungeon etc. You dont have to then go back and try to fix the conflicts that are now being caused by the outdated WoWMap addon.

(For example)

Since my return I have been trying to do quest to clear zones, unlock quest chains, etc. and when I go to the NPC that I am supposed to be able to get the quest from (according to the WoWMap addon and shows on my map) there is no quest for Me to accept/select.

....... So to answer your question about what upcoming patches should be implemented it is actually hard and confusing to explain because alot of these choices and post are asking for both new features AND fixes to old features at the same time. This is not what a patch is.

* A patch updates/fixes something already in game.

* An update "new feature" adds something new or different to the game (which normally must then be patched at some point)

I dont want to kill the conversation or stop people from making suggestions but I felt like it was necessary to say this so that it is clear the difference. Also there is already an entire dedicated section the forum for update "suggestions"

-- You cant build a new house on a broken foundation --

:)

I have tried all the suggestions; my map is still not working. I cant play the game correctly without a working map and quest log.

- Regards

On my map it shows (!) markers for quest that are not active/acceptable. It also sometimes doesnt show quest markers for quest that are available. I have NO addons installed but the game still seems to be referring/using WoWMap. Has WoWMap been baked into the game as standard? If not what could be the problem? I checked my addon folder on my PC and there are none installed and no addons appear in game either but I know that WoWMap is an addon.

What should I do? Its hard to do quest when they dont display properly.

- Regards

I have a few questions as I have never once played this game.

1. Playing an elven mage. Are there any guides I can find for best choice in spells?

2. I cannot find the ent Fufenya in the starter elf area. I found the other 2. It's a daily quest called Save Plant Seeds

3. Megaphone to talk in world. How do you communicate with others if your chat to global is limited?

1. You can view all the unlockable spells/skills for each class HERE but other places on this forum should have more in depth guides/conversations about specific combinations.

2. You can try to use the NPC search within the game in the quest log by right clicking the NPC name and then clicking World Search then optionally clicking "Follow" to have an arrow point You to the NPC.

3. In order to use the World Chat You must use a megaphone and typing "/y" then Your message. You can use Zone chat which is handy and if You are in a heavy populated Zone then You will most likely get a reply. If You know the player You want to talk to then "/w" is always free and also spans the whole world similiar to "/y"

Hope this helps.

I have several characters on this game that I play randomly. I have a Bard that I recently created because I didnt yet have a Bard but my question is:

What is currently the best/most used combination for a Bard? Meaning what class should I use with the Bard either as a secondary or the primary? I dont want to pick one and find out that its not a good combination and have to reroll or change it later.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

- Thanks

This may be a silly question to some but when someone says "kk" does that mean thousand or million? In English "k" stands for 1 thousand. So 10k is 10 thousand.

When someone says "m" it stands for million. So again in English 10m would mean 10 million.

In English "kk" doesnt mean anything; so, Im a bit confused by this terminology. Can someone clarify for Me please?

- Regards

Im sure the PlayerNet Team receives alot of negative feedback on a daily basis but since I have returned back to the game I have noticed a few things that I would like to compliment the team on. I played a bit of the game since returning without any add-ons installed at all (since I had to reinstall the entire game) and I noticed that a few of the things that I normally had to use an add-on for was already included into the game as standard!

Also, this may just be luck, but I felt like the game loaded faster, ran smoother, and didnt crash at all for the entire duration of my playtime.

Im not going to comment on things that PlayerNet changed/removed/updated since my return; as I havent had much time to test them out, but speaking only on the few things I previously mentioned and as a general comment about the overall experience I had it was enjoyable.

So as far as user experience and general gameplay goes I think the PlayerNet Team has been doing a great job! Keep up the good work! (Again only speaking on the overall experience I had since returning)

- Regards :thumbup:

I just recently returned to find this out. I myself spent a few thousand diamonds to get get gold for my transmutor and t5 items. Removing this seems backwards to Me. The goal for PNC is to make money so that it can keep its servers up, staff paid, and players happy.

So considering I spent my diamonds (which cost real world money) to achieve gold (which is generated by the game engine) in order to make tiers I dont see how this creates inflation at all. I used my gold that I got from my diamonds on the transmutor which removes the gold from the game and wouldnt create inflation.

If someone bought diamonds and sold them for gold; normally, to players that would generate an influx of gold. Even still now anyone can do this so what was the point of removing the Diamonds to Gold NPC?

Im not trying to be sarcastic here but as a business major I deal with things like cost analysis, inflation, return of investment etc all the time.

I would really like to know what reasoning is behind this action. The goal for Your company is to get people to spend their diamonds (so that they must buy more) correct? Who cares about how much Gold is in game considering its being used up all the time (repairs to equipment, vendor items, etc.) and nothing on the AH that is considered end game is even buyable with Gold (they are all listed with diamonds)

Im really confused by this ........

What are the steps for manual installation as the add-on I wish to use is one that I have downloaded and used in the past?

(Or) are You saying that I can install any add-on via the launcher then manually install others into the created directory? If that is the case then couldnt I simply create the directory manually and the launcher would recognize it?

- Regards

Hi everyone,

I had some real-life medical problems and I tried to delegate some leadership to fellow Guild Members in my absence. For those of You that quit the Guild during this time I am sorry but I hope You found a Guild that provides the playstyle(s) that You desire.

Besides this apology I am currently re-downloading the game and will be back playing again but to a lesser extent then before until I can better manage my work, health, and other aspects of my current life.

I posted a similar post in the Guild forum but I figured I would post it here as well because if You are currently in a Guild then You wont read/look at the Guild Recruitment thread(s) so I posted this quick update here.

I still intend to keep the Welcome Guild going so that new players can learn the game and get the most possible enjoyment out of it. For those of You that dont know what the Welcome Guild is then a quick explanation would be that it is a Guild for everyone of all skill levels and play styles to be able to play at their own pace without the need of the typical Guild burdens or requirements.

The only requirement to join is that You treat others as You would like to be treated and help each other out whenever possible. Its a great way to make new friends!

- Cyrus "Retired"

- Welcome Guild

Hi everyone,

I have had some problems with my health and other matters and I had to take some time off from COA. As a Guild Leader I understand that this is hard for my Guild Members and especially ones that are new to the game (as my Guild was a new player focused Guild) I tried to delegate some responsibilities to some of the current guild members before I had to take my time away from the game but it kind of seems like a lot of the members have left/quit and joined other guilds.

I wanted to apologize to any of my past or present guild members and/or any new players that tried to join since I had to take my break from the game as I wasn't able to properly manage the Guild and Request while I was away.

My purpose and goal of this Guild is/was to make the game as enjoyable for all players as possible regardless of skill level, income, abilities etc. This is still my goal!

If You are looking for a Guild, would like to help with this Guild, or have questions feel free to message Me on forums or in game. I am still not quite sure how often I will be able to be online, but I can and have delegated permissions in the clan to some players so that the Guild can continue to help New Players in the Arcadia World.

I appreciate everyone's understanding and support. I hope everyone has a great time in Arcadia!

- Cyrus "Retired"

- Welcome Guild

When reading encyclopedia, the progress bar reads:

ReadDefense Encyclopedia

when it should read:

Reading Defense Encyclopedia

This is the same for all Encyclopedia's that I have used so far and has no effect on the game that I can tell and is only visual; however, an improvement is an improvement no matter how small.

- Regards

Ever since I started playing I noticed the Residence Interface doesnt seem to fit into the game world the same as the other interfaces. Obviously its been reworked/restyled but something about it changed which made it appear out of place.

I finally figured out what it is. The new Residence Interface doesnt have the border or corners of the rest of the game. You need to frame the Residence Interface with the same border and corners as the rest of the interface boxes. This will make it blend in and fit perfectly to the game.

- Regards

I see several Guild's in game with few player count. Seems like this would cause problems with things like Siege War, Guild upgrades etc.

Any current Guild Leaders who would like to merge their Guild players into my Guild will have a seat and a voice at my table.

The server needs some larger guilds for more activities and having several small, few member, Guilds is taking away from the purpose of Guilds to begin with.

Current Guild Leaders please contact Me in forum or in game.

- Regards

Cyrus

Ok so I can address/comment on some of this post because I am Cyrus (the total noob that bought You the flying rune disk mount and have also bought things for other players that I felt deserved something for helping me or other players.) I played "Vanilla" ROM for awhile and I quit that not because I didnt like it but because of the cost. I decided to give a try again and found that all my stuff was gone and I used to buy diamonds using Zeevex which I cant find anywhere locally so I started playing this game. I also play other RPG's and other types of Games so I wouldnt say I am a total noob; rather, I need time to adjust to a different game which is why I ask certain questions people dont always understand why I am asking. Internally in my mind I am still processing/comparing how this game works/compares to ROM because if some strategies/options/techniques have carried over then I am that much further into understanding what I need to do. Also internally I am processing where the split occurred and what has changed in each versions since the split etc.

Furthermore; on ROM; possibly because of the cost, I found the players are too aggressive towards each other and it became less about working together to do bosses and achieve goals and more about grieving people because they didnt have or werent capable of achieving enough diamonds to buy the gear/stats etc for bosses. Then even if someone did spend the real cash for diamonds getting the gear that was needed from other players without getting ripped off somehow was again a real issue, and I guess finally let's pretend somehow a player played ROM or COA and didnt buy diamonds at all ever, they can still accomplish everything the diamond buyers could but it would take much more time and it would be a horrible grinding experience. You wouldnt really enjoy the game anyways at that point.

So in my opinion; obviously, the game needs end game content for veterans as a priority but the game also needs its veterans to do what Zapek did and reach out to new players of COA and make sure they know how the game is played so that they too can reach end game and reach out to new players and keep the cycle going.

I think Zapek does bring some good points; even without the sarcasm, but it does really narrow down to this ....

Let Me repeat ........

Developers - Keep working on endgame and engine/ui improvements for Your veteran players to make them happy.

Veteran Players - Keep teaching and helping new players get to where You are so that everyone can enjoy the Dev's work.

- That's my opinion anyways :)