Posts by melodic

Two additions:

There is a new instance coming up and on such occasions usually the metagame concerning class balancing changes a little.

I saw you are also looking for a guild. Before you start investing too much into one specific class, I recommend to find a guild first, if you are flexible on classes in general.

On this server you indeed can switch between classes very easy, though certain guilds may be preferable looking for specific classes.

After all, just start with what you like to play, as a healer or supporter the way into the endgame for sure is the cheapest. ^^

Cheers!

This would render all those "old" zones with lv 60-98 even more obsolete, I doubt this is in the interest of the team, who are trying to somehow revive those with their nostalgia campaign.

For me it wasnt annoying at all to explore those zones after I started on this server, since zones for lv95+ were new for me too.

But if you want to make finding those vendors easier for people, copy/paste a list of them from the net here on the board as a guide.;)

Cheers!:thumbup:

You're welcome, I figured that you havent been around for too long, since you are not done with those titles...on gf servers they really were a pain in the....

f.e. the 1 hour end time after a SW is really a waste of time imo

Thats extacly my point, I guess removing that alone would help, reducing the SW schedule to 3hrs and having SW more regularly, resulting in 8x/24h instead of 6x/24h.

Though more available SW times per day might result in a higher chance to not find an opponent, I think those guilds who want a real fight will be able to communicate with each other to find a compromise in time for when to register for SW, since they are more flexible in time slots as they are now. Additionally guilds may register for another slot once they didnt find an opponent.

Hey!

I totally understand that problem you guys have, our guild faces kind of the same.

My idea for this would change two basic characteristics of SW matchmaking:

First and simple one would allow guilds to sign up for matchmaking again each day after they did not get matched because none other or an odd number of guilds signed up for that certain SW slot/time.

Like this the chance to take part in SW is not lost for that day, but you can try again for the next slot/time.

The second part is a little more extensive, but independant from the first:

I would remove the 4-hours-limitation in matchmaking (1hr registration/1hr preparation/1hr SW)/1hr cooldown) and reduce it to some kind of one-hour-schedule.

Like this SW could start to each full hour and make the matchmaking more dynamic.

This would allow guilds to sign up at any time of the day, they would get matched on the next full hour with other guilds which also signed up within the previous hour, then have one hour of preparation time and start SW with the following full hour. The limitation of one SW per guild per day however should remain!

If you dont get matched, your guild would be removed from the list, so you wouldnt get matched automaticly/by accident on the next full hour, but you would be able to manually sign in again immediately for the next slot, just as proposed above.

So a schedule might look somewhat like this:

1600h-1700h: Guild A signs up

1700h: Guild A would be matched, but removed from list bc no other guild signed up

1700h-1800h: Guild A, Guild B, Guild C sign up.

1800h: Guild A + Guild B get matched and enter preparation, Guild C removed from list bc uneven guilds registered

1800h-1900h: preparation for Guild A and Guild B, Guild C and Guild D sign up

1900h: SW for Guild A and Guild B starts, matching of Guild C and Guild D

1900h-2000h: SW for Guild A and Guild B, preparation for Guild C and Guild D

2000h: SW for Guild A and Guild B ends, SW for Guild C and Guild D starts

2000h-2100h: SW for Guild C and Guild D, Guild E and Guild F sign up

2100h: SW for Guild C and Guild D ends, matching for Guild E and Guild F

2100h-2200h: preparation for Guild E and Guild F

[...]

These times also could be reduced to 30min rhythms or extended to 2hr rhythms, where the duration for each SW still stays at 60min.

Like this guilds can find a fitting SW slot way easier and are not bound by those limited times every 4hrs. This allows them to take part in SW and run instances, without having to decide between one or the other or pausing while running an instance because SW is about to start, just to continue that run later on.

Also this applies to the issue Nghty mentioned above, where most members in a guild might be onlline from 2000h-2200h but not from 1800h-1900h or 2200h-2300h.

I hope these ideas are considered for the upcoming PvP-patch, maybe such changes can be realized even before that. Also, of course, I welcome any other suggestions or opinions on this, maybe there are some arguements that I didnt think of why the existing SW-scedule should stay as it is.

Cheers!

P.S.: Nghty fyi: if you only do SW for the titles/skills, you also can trade Ancient Mementos in Atlas into the SW-badges needed for the titles.

P.P.S.: I guess this will be more like a suggestions thread, so mods would have to move it to the fitting section, also resulting in the need for approval by them, so dont wonder if your thread is gone at some point. :D

Potion: Enjoyable Evening

Requires Alchemy Lv. 16

Ingredients: Water, Malt, Hops, Yeast

The crafting process is known throughout the world, yet certain details of production are well kept secrets.

-Drinking this will have various effects, depending on your class, level and gender. Duration also differs for each character.

Repeated consumption may cause strange visual effects.-

"Sit down, have some with your mates and enjoy a good time." - Cynthia, host of the Tavern "The Distillery"

Cheers!;)

... 100,100 being the x and y coordinates of the top left corner of the scrutinizer frame, depending on your UI-scaling, so change those numbers to where on your screen you want it to be, also try do drag the scrutinizer frame as I proposed in my previous post after you succesfully changed the coordinates, I am curious if that would work for you then.

Good thing there are people more knowledgeable than me, I didnt think of this, but a way more complicated way... :D

Hey!

You should be able to move the frame while clicking and holding the left mouse button on the small triangle in the top left corner.

If that is no longer visible for you as it is in the screenshot, click on the circle in the top right corner of the Scrutinizer frame to open the options menu - here you can change various settings for the addon - there sould be a menu point called "Other" (or so), having a checkmark there next to "Lock frame" (or so) will hide the small triangle, resulting in the window not being moveable anymore. Unchecking this option should solve your problem.

If this does not help, say so, there also is another a little more complicated way to move the frame.

Hey!

The Wanderer always has the same dialogue options and the same stuff in his shop, independent of his position.

And as far as I know, he only spawns on channel 1, most zones he spawns in have just one channel anyway, though.

As for the shadowmoon merchant I do not know of any such public guide with all his coordinates, but maybe someone is willing to create one. ;)

In fact you only get the bonus TP from each lvl-up while using those ways to reach lv80, while doing quests you will earn TP for each completed quest.

You are right, that like this you will have quite a lack of TP when you are level 80, but to reach lv104 you most likely will start doing quests, which will award you more than enough TP, especially if you continue completing high level quests after you have reached 104.

I think the idea behind that lv80 boosts is to make starting a new character easier and more attractive and not to make quests obsolete in this game, so I am fine with having less TP for a while after I used this "service". ;)

Red stats with three characteristics will be the only normal reward so that players go to this dungeon all the time.

In truth, very many expected just such a stat, by analogy with the 55 dungeon.

I don't think so.

I did not expect any new stats from DL HM, fragments to trade together with (25k+) Arcadia Coins for Gorge stats would have been nice, since we desperately need some new ways to spend our coins and fragments like those were announced to be implemented at some point in time for gorge stats, as they were in inferno.

After one has all Edwards cards there is nothing we can spend on all the coins we get by running gorge.

Bufffood is way too cheap to craft compared to how many coins we get nowadays and I expect even more AC to drop in upcoming endcontent inis, also buying frozen fragments does not really help, especially not anymore when next ini will be released, because we would still need ice-shards from gorge.

So having stat-fragments from nostalgia inis together with AC which you only get in needed amounts from running gorge+ inis would be an interesting way to combine all those.

Nevertheless introducing another "new kind" of stats into the game seems pointless to me, there are enough variations around to build strong gear, even more would just become confusing for players who are not too familiar with the server.

They work as all crafting furniture do, you get a boost for speed and experience for each unit crafted, depending on how many furniture and for which profession you have added to your house.

So considering the three collecting professions, you only profit from these bonuses while processing goods into higher rarities in your house, not while gathering mats in the open world.

Cheers!

I think a big problem is that the excitement for runes is gone for a long time

If this were the case, why were you that hyped for this new content then, to be now as disappointed as you are?:/

I definetly share all your opinions about new and challenging (endgame) contentand I like most of your ideas to make DL HM more interesting, though you should keep in mind that obviously the targeted players are not those who are done with gearing gorge items/stats, however many ppl were expecting it to be. Just keep cool.

On the other hand I cant understand why so many ppl are still complaining about Gorge and fear something like this will happen again.

There have been various official statements in the past that Gorge was designed as it is and had to last as long as it now lasted to "buy" the rather small Dev-team time to catch up with many other important stuff that had to be done for the game.

Noone can seriously claim that our Devs have not been busy over the last ~15 months, just check the patchnotes with all the great changes and fixes, that improved the game overall by a lot.

If I am not wrong compared to the times when gorge was released, we now have three(!) Devs more, doubling the team in size and with the next (big) ini being kind of announced, I guess most of the catching up the team had in mind is done by now.

Furthermore there will be the big pvp-update coming this year and from my experience a good pvp-section can offer kind of endless content without need for new stuff to be released, except continous balancing.

So with all this in mind, I am absolutely positive that from now on we can expect new content of whatever sort in much higher frequencies than it was the case with Gorge and after all, you can run gorge very smoothly with 6ppl and less as well, technicly for more than 12 months by now, so if you were looking for some challenges and/or don't have enough ppl for a meta-10-to-12-ppl-raid, there were plenty of possible variations to run Gorge to be not as boring as most ppl claim.

I am sure this will also be the case for future PvE content.

Great idea and thanks for looking into that!

While you are at it, maybe you will consider adding possiblity to send items via mail not only for gold as payment, but also for diamonds and maybe even rubies, this would make trading in this game even easier than it is right now.

Though I don't know if a function like that might have any negative consequences for currencies and economics.

Obviously Devs want to know our opinions, though it was only little more than two months until approval.

In my eyes except exaggerations too high to be taken seriously the only pro arguement here has been "not comfortable", which is far from convincing. I hope I dont have to point out what this game would turn into, if any aspect of the game that is "not comfortable" were to removed just because it is "not comfortable" for some.

So unless you can offer any justified points that weigh a lot more to convince me, my and many others opinion about this will stay as it is. What Devs will do in the end however is their decision to make.

Still in good will for the game and the playerbase

Cheers!:)

+1 if you run ini for 1 hour is like 20min time to switch partys and buff ppl

Why? Because during that hour ppl die 100 times?

Most(!) of affected buffs last 30min, so you need to rebuff them once, max. twice in such a run, which takes < 5 seconds each time...less than 1sec if you are using a makro for that.

A change like this would mean more time spent for Devs than all of us spend on buffing within a year of running instances - remember that this would mean, that Devs have to check every single party buff in the game to change some of them to raid, since all buffs like Warp Charge from wl must not be changed...

Cheers

I am opposing this idea, though I very well understand the underlying problem, especially for newer players.

But consequences of a change like this were for example DN being done like 100 times per day overall, instead of <4 times per day atm.

Also all players were able to farm DN-stones endlessly, making them absolutely worthless, but until now some poeple use them for a steady income by selling them, same as prices for Proofs and items+stats would drop even more, until DN isn't worth doing anymore at all.

As far as I know only very few partys will finish DN in less than 15min, that is enough time to farm mobs for quest, maybe you wont get all 100 kills at once, but for sure its possible within a few days, same goes for the stones you need.

Otherwise you can still buy stones in AH, there almost always are enough offered and their prices are quite low compared to the other stuff you will need to complete a gear.

IF after all changes have to be made, I would suggest to let players who already are in DN also finish their boss once someone killed it, but keeping DN closed for everyone else as it is now. If im not mistaken this already was unintentional the case for a while due to a "bug"...?

So this would be some kind of middle-way, I guess.

I am aware that you already made the transport book expandable by a lot, but I wish for even more space there, unlockable for diamonds or any other currency and I also hear the same from various other players, who have completely filled their transport book and are struggeling to find space for new transport points by deleting older ones.

This is a rather unimportant request, but I guess its not that much work, wont bring any harm to anyone and would be very nice to have! :saint:

Thanks and Cheers!:)

Hey there!

At the moment there is no way to check only for specific rarities of items in the AH, chosing from the "Rarity" dropdown only allows to exclude items with rarity below the chosen one, but not above, so it would be helpful if there were the option to mark a second rarity to also exclude rarities obove the chosen one(s).

A situation where this would come in very handy is while filtering for monster cards. Right now there are almost 1,5k red-rarity cards in AH, leaving only 500 entries for all other rarities, making especially many blue-rarity cards impossible to find, since the AH finds results starting at the highest rarities. So being able to exclude red-rarity cards for example would be very helpful here and I bet there are many other situations where players would have use for such an option.

Thanks for taking this into consideration!

Cheers :thumbup:

The wardens pets always die/disappear once a players Phoenix' Redemption triggers, this is very annoying as dps and also may be deadly to a whole raid while tanking as a warden class, relying on def-buffs from Spirit of the Oak (Summon), making warden tanks unreasonable more dangerous to play than other tank classes.

Furthermore as dps the two very often used pets Chiron(Summon) and Oak Walker (Summon) generate way too much aggro to be held by any tank, even champions sometimes struggle to keep up with their aggro, especially during bossfights with designed and repeating aggroresets.

This nerfs warden dps, which is a very rarely used class anyway and lowers their quality in playing-experience, because players cant really use all of the potential of this class, since wardens have to resummon their pets all the time after they died and especially Chiron causing more chaos in bossfights by pulling the boss away from tanks as a ranged dmg-source.

So im looking forward to a change here, by reducing the aggro generated by those pets, maybe even scaling it with the +/- aggro values the warden has from gear+skills.

Also it would be very nice to see those pets in any aggrometer, so maybe its possible to add them to the hatelist-functions? :saint:

I guess this is a topic very well fitted for the upcoming class-balacing. ;)