Dalanis Nightmare and Aoth quests

• Looking for suggestions from players and admin about this instance.

We are a fairly small underpowered guild and go to Dalanis Nightmare to try do those quests for the rings. Often, people are in before us and close the instance.

There appears to be three main issues with this:

1. The quest items (rings) are very expensive. Players who close the instance can monopolise highly valued items. Currently, these items are over 35,000 diamonds in the auction,
    2. Closing the instance affects everybody else on the server. Other people may be prone to close it themselves knowing others want to do it first, and
    3. When the instance is open, it benefits those who are awake - for some, the instance opens at 3-4am and would therefore be unreasonable to try to do.

About a week ago, the leaders of some of the main guilds placed a world chat advising they agreed not to close the instance. This clearly isn't happening.

I am therefore wondering if some kind of modification could occur. My suggestion follows.

The instance does not "close". Instead, the players in the party that "closes" it are locked out until after daily reset, similar to Hall of Survival normal - it can be done only once. if the party does not "close" it, they can continue to farm the instance.

Any thoughts on how to improve the situation will be appreciated. Just in our guild there are many who want this instance and it will take a long time to get the items for everybody. If the instance is constantly closed, we - and other players - have no options.

I look forward to any solutions and discussions. This is by no means a whinge but a concern that affects many of us and a proactive attempt to remedy the issue.

Thanks for reading.

• Official Post

Greetings,

This topic or similar topic of changing the mechanics for the Dalanis Nightmare dungeon have been previously discussed by players on the forum.

At this time we have no plans of altering the way this dungeon is working, but your suggestions and feedback are always welcomed and viewed.

• That's disappointing. Making something difficult to do is very different to making it impossible.

The thread is eight months old and the issue still exists (Dalanis Nightmare).

I hope the players who have the opportunity to do DN collaborate. Some of our guild got stones in the "treaty" which leaves the rest of us without.

• It isn't, Wargod. Clearly. Otherwise I wouldn't post. I assume your guild closes it, probably recently. How ... convenient for you to not want to change the mechanics.

This thread is about solutions for people to effectively do the quest, especially if undergeared, and not about players maximising their profits. I wonder what camp you fit in.

Solutions will be nice.

• It isn't, Wargod. Clearly. Otherwise I wouldn't post.

iam not wargod, but i would say thats your opinion and you should repect other ones too. i totally agree with wargod´s opinion, dn is pretty fine and mostly possible for everyone with a gear for this content. There is no reason to change something.

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

• I take it you're both in good guilds with good equipment.

I don't respect your opinion or Warbog. It's very clearly self-preservational and one assumes persons are farming and closing to the detriment of others. No angst against anybody, so have my virtual high five.

As I say: this thread is a solution thread for myself and others Not sure why people posting here can't grasp the concept. Please post solutions here, not self-serving opinions about those closing the instance so they can improve wealth to the detriment of others.

To summarise, suggestions about how the situation can be improved for people following the quest line will be appreciated. This is not a post for wealthy self-serving characters to deny change for others.

• They are providing the solution that nothing needs to be changed. Which to 70-80% of the server would likely agree. I for one do not have the rings and i am still able to solo heal any instance.

I agree with Nadana and Wargod with the fact that it is fine the way it is. If you make it so it never closes unless they 100% the instance than the value of the stones will sink like a rock, and the amount of stones would inflate making them worthless.

• I don't respect your opinion or Warbog. It's very clearly self-preservational and one assumes persons are farming and closing to the detriment of others. No angst against anybody, so have my virtual high five.

Such a statement just shows that you are quite selfish to finish a quest and sounds like you dont care about others. that was an objective opinion and not to disadvantage other since all have the same chance to clear the instance and if you arent ready for this instance you have nothing to do there.

Please post solutions here, not self-serving opinions about those closing the instance so they can improve wealth to the detriment of others.

the solution is: everything is fine.

This is not a post for wealthy self-serving characters to deny change for others.

Dont open a thread if you cant handle or wanna listen to the opinios from others. Nothing to do with self-serving since i dont need nothing from dn.

If DN is a response to VN instance should not close after killing the
    last boss. It should continue to be open with available only mini
    bosses.

that´s a pretty good idea, but to late since others would complain about destroy the price from all rings or stones. rings should stay as something special and not obtainable for everyone who isnt ready for this instance or to lazy to farm.

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

Edited 3 times, last by Nadaná ().

• Being selfish has nothing to do with it. I have no idea how you reached that conclusion. There's no need for below-the-belt cheap shots.

People are entitled to an opinion; doesn't make it right or wrong. I see no value in what has preceded this post. No need for people to be inflammatory for a genuine discussion. It will be appreciated if people will cease being derogatory and making assumptions then crying about no respect.

I see no practical solutions on the subject matter. This thread is not about the status quo.

Please, before posting, be considerate to my original post with a view to solutions. I do not believe the status quo is a solution. I look forward to a positive discussion.

• you just want everything handed to you right ? next thing you know you going to ask purples to drop every piece ? than ask for lower def and pdef ?
    Also for your information we have no been doing it like we could i also have most the items i need and so does my guild.
    It is not that hard if you go in knowing what to do.

• you just want everything handed to you right ? next thing you know you going to ask purples to drop every piece ? than ask for lower def and pdef ?
    Also for your information we have no been doing it like we could i also have most the items i need and so does my guild.
    It is not that hard if you go in knowing what to do.

this is damned funny............ coming from the guy that wants an already op combo to get buffed up...............

now on topic.
    there will always be an element similar to this in any mmorpg. is it fair......not exactly BUT there will always be sneaky and under-handed tactics used by those that want to control a market. we see this every day out in real world markets. sadly all we can do is keep on doing what we do. eventually the market will shift and there will be new items that they will want to control the market on.

rinse and repeat.

• Wargod and others that are "pro-DN status quo", please stop trolling me and this thread.

This is a bona-fide issue for players. This post was created because many in the guild I was in had the issue, and I stood up for our view in this public place. They were aware of the thread when I put it in guild chat yesterday, and if they don't want to post here, it doesn't mean the issue isn't there as well as for others.

The only handouts I have ever asked for is information on how to play. In every instance I've gone on with the guild and others I've received nothing out of it - NOTHING, not even one drop of gear, one stone - absolutely zero. And you believe I'm in it for handouts.

The instance is hard because IT'S CONSISTENTLY CLOSED, ergo this thread.

ps, Wargod, your comments are without basis and also inflammatory. I ask you
    to stop trolling and stay on topic about a resolution. If I remember
    correctly Wargod, more than once I've bought gear from you and your
    guildies for gold because they made errors by not listing them as
    diamonds. Other than when I first started playing, I did not keep them. I
    gave them back. Even that first time I resolved to fix it up, but your
    general nastiness changed my mind that once. How you treated me when I was learning was awful and for no reason you're being
    nasty again. Please stop. I don't understand why you come across like
    you do against me. I've never done you wrong, in fact, giving you your stuff back is me giving handouts to you.

• Greetings,

we have read your suggestion and you have received an answer in this way, so there is no further discussion requirement. Thanks for the different opinions.