Camping boss spawns

• I'm new to the game and constantly running into people camping boss spawns I need for quests. I really like to complete all the quests in an area before leaving and these people making that impossible. Maybe a major decrease in spawn time would help? What are they getting from these bosses that makes them shut the spawn down 24/7?

• Official Post

Welcome to Chronicles of Arcadia! :)

Since COA is a multiplayer game, competition for access to bosses is an intended part of the gameplay experience. Sometimes, this competition may lead to a longer time required to complete specific quests.

Many players camp boss spawns in the hope of obtaining valuable items, commonly monster cards, which are a highly sought-after commodity. These cards can be used to enhance a player's abilities or traded with other players for other valuable items.

Regarding possible solutions that may help you complete these quests, one could be asking the players who are commonly found at the specific spot you need to access to whisper to you when the boss is up so that you can complete your quest. Most players are understanding and willing to help, especially if it's for a quest.

You can also DM me with the details of which boss you are looking to kill, and we can consider increasing the number of channels in that specific zone.

Please understand that increasing the spawn time would remove the competitive aspect of the game, which is a key element in COA.

• Ok I have a quest with Angry Jekarce. Took the chance and went to the spawn and it showed the alert message for him. I get excited. Then get to the top and someone already there and the boss dead and gone. This happened in seconds. And, the person still there and waiting to immediately kill it again. They also didn't respond to messages. I doubt very seriously if I'll continue playing this game.

• Official Post

The "Angry Jekarce" isn't part of the main questline, but a side-line quest means optional, so you can continue without completing it, and complete it when the boss is around during your further gameplay.

I looked into logs and in the last 3 days, this boss was killed 350 times (last one 3 minutes ago), by a few players, which is really high availability.

Everyone in our community is able to get access to this boss in the same way, including you, which means the competition is fair. The one who hit the boss first gets the loot, not the one who makes the highest damage, so it's also fine for low-level characters. Some bosses will be highly competitive, or even not available without much effort, which is an intended part of the game design.

• That means that the boss was killed about 116 times each of those three days by a few players. Meaning it's being camped heavily. And, you call that high availability? I get it you don't care about camping but maybe some players do. I wouldn't be surprised of some of them aren't bots.

• Official Post

Indeed, the boss you are referring to is killed frequently, which indicates that it is highly available, but also highly competitive. We do care about activities like abuse and take them very seriously. However, competition for bosses is a different matter and is an intended aspect of the game.

I can assure you that there are no bots in COA, as we have robust detection systems in place and a team of active Game Masters monitoring the game. If any player suspects botting or any other form of abuse, they can always report it to our support team, and we will investigate the matter thoroughly.

• Official Post

We've been discussing this issue with our team., and would like to share the output.

The frustration caused by boss camping, especially for new players trying to complete quests, meeting a player who isn't willing to cooperate by simply inviting to party for the boss kill is understandable.

We are actively promoting a multiplayer environment and want to encourage cooperation rather than multi-accounting or other non-cooperative behaviors. Therefore, we are thinking about potential solutions to address this issue and ensure a fair and enjoyable experience for all players.

Thank you for your feedback and your kind words!

• Hi,sorry das ich in Deutsch schreibe,aber ich hatte auch mal das Problem mit solchen Leuten.

Bin dafür das derjenige nach einem Openworldbosskill einen Debuff bekommt,ähnlich wie der Sathkurbuff.

Und nu können mich die Camper flamen :D