Bard Class [Feedback]

• Official Post

This is a feedback thread dedicated to the Bard class.

We want to hear your opinions and suggestions regarding this particular class, including any changes you would like to see.

Please keep all corresponding rules in mind when clicking the reply button. "+1", "-1", "yes", "no", bump posts, and anything similar are not acceptable posts. Do not leave posts that state your agreement/disagreement without providing an explanation or critique.

It is important to note that this is a beta stage of class balancing and testing on the live server. You can expect changes based on our observations and feedback provided from the community over the next few months.

Approved the thread.
  • The author tested the B/S combination for a while and unfortunately, as they previously mentioned in another thread, the combination has been killed. Currently, it doesn't deal enough damage to a single target or to multiple targets. They argue that around 20 mobs in IDK were noticeably affected by this combination before, but now, even with full power, they can't catch up with a player who has two or three tiers lower equipment, weapon, and significantly fewer cards. They also mention that the main skill's long cast time doesn't deal damage like before, and it now only deals damage three times but much weaker than before, which also blocks their 25% damage buff. Overall, it's a disaster, an unreasoned change that turned a decent combination into another useless combination for leather equipment. They urge for a quick change because such unexplained changes make the game unenjoyable to play.

• The author tested the B/S combination for a while and unfortunately, as they previously mentioned in another thread, the combination has been killed. Currently, it doesn't deal enough damage to a single target or to multiple targets. They argue that around 20 mobs in IDK were noticeably affected by this combination before, but now, even with full power, they can't catch up with a player who has two or three tiers lower equipment, weapon, and significantly fewer cards. They also mention that the main skill's long cast time doesn't deal damage like before, and it now only deals damage three times but much weaker than before, which also blocks their 25% damage buff. Overall, it's a disaster, an unreasoned change that turned a decent combination into another useless combination for leather equipment. They urge for a quick change because such unexplained changes make the game unenjoyable to play.

I was told that B/S would be decent in pvp, but I don't play much pvp, so not sure about that. But maybe you can have a look :saint:

• I agree, once it has over 80% reduction in opponent's accuracy, stuns, and many skills that reduce damage. Thanks to this build, it will be very good in PvP, but the damage itself won't be astronomical, rather it will perform average in PvE. Overall, another combination to be set aside after an ill-conceived overhaul. (From this server, we probably won't be able to fully enjoy PvP arena battles or engage in epic wars for a while - there are simply not enough people yet. :)

Changed the title of the thread from “Feedbacks on the Bard Class” to “Bard Class [Feedback]”.
  • Bard/Warden

The latest changes to make Tempo usable with all weapons was great. This way you do not need to change to an Instrument, use the skill and return back to 2h axe.

However, you cannot use Defined Tablature with an 2h axe. This still forces the player to change weapon to Lute/Tamb, play music and return back to 2h axe.

Suggestion:

Change Bard/Warden Elite: Defined Tablature to provide the buff from Lute if used with 2h axe.

I assume Bard/Druid has the same issue because they use staff?

• Bard/Scout

This class has the worst aoedmg in this game, if you do not have Archer Rune active. If Archer Rune is active, your aoedmg gets from bad to below average. If you see this you might assume, that singletarget must be very powerful to warrant these shortcomings. However, even singletarget this class is just average.

I think a small redesign is needed for this. Here are several options I considered. Please only consider ONE of the following options:

1) Redesign this class to have very strong singletarget dmg, but keep the weak aoe or make it even worse.

2) Just boost aoe slightly by making Deadly Arrow reflect dmg to one additional target with no decrement. Reflecting to three targets is also a possibility, but then the skill should have a decrement.

3) Make Archer Rune a passive but reduce damage of Deadly Arrow slightly.

4) Keep everything as it is, but allow each hit of Deadly Arrow to reduce CD Archer Rune by one second.

• Hi

This is regarding Bard/Warden:

Can you change the fear from Anger - 1491170 to a 1-second stun, or remove the fear altogether without adding any crowd control in return, the fear only messes with mob pulls and causes mobs to move out of Aoe range or forces players to chase each mob individually, it's very annoying in Dark Core.

• Hi

Can you change the fear from Anger - 1491170 to a 1-second stun, or remove the fear altogether without adding any crowd control in return, the fear only messes with mob pulls and causes mobs to move out of Aoe range or forces players to chase each mob individually, it's very annoying in Dark Core.

I would even suggest to change all bard fears into dance, just like Chorea of B/M does. It's a bard, it should make mobs dance, not run away from the music :/

• [B/WL]

Hello. Is it possible to add some changes to bard/warlock?

In this class there is a problem with aoe. In every big pull i cant do anything to compete with other classes.

I see a big problem with Soul Harvester. After changes there are a lot of less stacks, and in FA for example there is a problem with stacks limits. On ways to bosses i lost them a lot, because of limit per target or type of enemy.

In this moment this class is almost unplayable, and its personally sad for me, because it was my favorite class.

i recommend to change or remove Soul Harvester stacks limit per target/type of enemy.

Greetings
    Airforce

• Official Post

i recommend to change or remove Soul Harvester stacks limit per target/type of enemy.

We do not plan to change these limits due it is easy to abuse it.

Hi

I would even suggest to change all bard fears into dance, just like Chorea of B/M does. It's a bard, it should make mobs dance, not run away from the music :/

This is already thought about, but non-player characters can't dance and player characters cant be moved to dance without a Stun so it is cancelled.

Greetings

• i recommend to change or remove Soul Harvester stacks limit per target/type of enemy.

We do not plan to change these limits due it is easy to abuse it.

Greetings

Hello,

are there any plans to change the mechanics of this class ?
    Of course, I do not know the exact data, but from my observations after the last big change, I have not seen anyone on this connection. Pity, because I also really liked this class and it could compete with other dps :)

Regards,

• Bard/Rogue

Class is pretty unpleasent to Play as of to high ressource costs. Both energy and focus.

Anyway there can be done something about it ?
    Some Ideas what could be done ( Numbers just to underline argument , can be changed obviously)

-Reduced cost of Skills ?

> The Sinister (1491131) to also reduce ressource cost of Skills by 15%.

-Mechanic to regain some ressources ?

> Let Mass Destrcution (1491134) regain a low amount of ressources per monster hit. For example 3 energy and 3 Fokus so if you hit 4 mobs you get 12x3= 36 ressources back.

> Same mechanic but with Soulsucker (1491132) Hits 2x4 so 24 ressources back.

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

• About Bard/champ

This class is really fun and interesting and has his unic single target combo (Mixing posionous integration with lost sanity) and the use of multiple elemental dmg which make it way different from all the leather classes.

Right now on its current state I would say that is one of the most powerfull AoE burst class althought is not easy to execute. But in average It leaks dmg. His sustain dmg on mobs its really poor and I feel that Im doing like 30% less dmg compared with r/m or r/s sustained dmg for example that are actually really good on sustain and around 20% less than my own r/ch. that is also a burst class IMO. I cant really compare with other players about this class cause I dont see many ppl playing it maybe becasue the setup of weapons needed is also not the best for leather (x1 1h tiered hammer and x1 tiered Tamb).

Finally I would like to add some points that might help to improve this this class:

1.To increase sustain dmg a bit just increase dmg poison gain from

, or increase dps of ,

or reduce max stacks required of needed for to make max dmg and increasing focus recover pher stack.

Increasing poison dmg passively is also going to increase aoe burst and single dmg so you might need to consider nerfing .

2. AoE burst is not easy to execute since the AoEs are hard to hit since

is a cone shape aoe that might need a bigger cone and

that needs a target that I would remove and make it a surrounding aoe like r/ward or r/s aoes.

3. Finally would be cool that let be played on a jukebox also for QoL buffing.

In conclusion I really like this class but right now is not conforting to play for what it requires .

thx for your time

• Bard/Druid

the cooldowns added to area skills after the last updates are a bit too much, it takes 6sec to reuse the skill or even evaluate it with single skills, the problem is that single skills do not do as much damage as desired unless the buff is activated("1491390 -For 6sec waiting time, I think it's not worth opening), my recommendation is to review and slightly reduce the cooldowns("1491183" - "1491184") in between.

It may give high dmg in the first burst, but 6sec makes a difference in the long range

also "1491185" it might be better for this skill to be %40+ for area damage

Greetings

• Regarding Bard/Knight

Holy Notes (ID 1491160) should be increased in aggro. right now, every dps in DC do more aggro than this skill.

Punishment does enough aggro for AOE, but has high CD and Holy Seal requirements.

I suggest to increase the aggro of Holy Notes

Greetings

Btw: and Harmony does not generate aggro too and needs to be used :D Maybe change it to p-dps skill on this class

Edited once, last by xLutinex: Ein Beitrag von xLutinex mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt. ().

• Regarding Bard/Knight:

The elite "Tempo" (raid buff) will be overwritten by any other Tempo from any other Bard. Shouldn't it stack and able to be both buffs active at the same time?

Can you check or clarify Byte? :)

Greetings

• Is it possible to have all the different class combinations with bard be allowed to use instrument skills without the need for an instrument? It doesn't make sense for bard/druid to have staff skills and benefit from using the staff and be unable to use the instrument skills without having to swap to the instrument in question. Same thing with warden, warrior, etc.

• Hi <3

B/r

in the last few runs I noticed that B/r would give a small buff

maybe reducing the cooldown would be a possibility

on the following skills: ID1491098 from 20sec to 10sec

Setskill Stolen Music: 30 sec to 15 sec

and a small DMG buff wouldn't hurt e.g. Deadnotes ID: 1491104 from 75,2% to 78%.

• Hi.

Is there a deeper reason why the bard/druid gets an elite that allows him to carry a two-handed staff, but many of his skills still require an instrument? If I switch between two weapons then I lose the focus and therefore I can not use the skills at the right moment. Or am I just missing something?

If not, it might be an idea to change the skills to two-handed staff or just that you no longer need an instrument. Just like the Warden/Bard skill. Mage/Bard is the same.

Greetings,

Ronan

• Regarding melee Bards (Bard/Warden, Bard/Warrior, Bard/Rogue and Bard/Champion).

They are squishy and die in one hit. Champions, Rogues and Warrior have their specific skill to at least tank 1 hit. Even Wardens have a skill to absorb 2-4 hits completely.

Suggestion:

Modify level 15 Elite to additionally reduce incoming damage by ~25%.

• I have a suggestion regarding B/Wd - it's a rather average class (at least in leather armor). I propose changing the skill 'Art of War' (ID 149169) by adding an 8% axe attack speed increase to it. Additionally, I would change the 'Haste and Blood' skill from 5.2% Dexterity to 15% - currently, leather equipment is already statted at 6-0 / 5-1, not like when Bard was introduced at 3-3.

• Hey! I request a change for the B/S combination. Unfortunately, it is a weak combination, practically finding no place anywhere. The single target performance is tragically low without sustain; when fully unleashed, it's even worse. Regarding AoE, it performs poorly without sustain, and with full unleashing, it's average to good. Overall, the class needs significant changes, or you might consider reverting to the old B/S, which was a quite competitive combination. Best regards!