Warlock Class [Feedback]

• Official Post

This is a feedback thread dedicated to the Warlock class.

We want to hear your opinions and suggestions regarding this particular class, including any changes you would like to see.

Please keep all corresponding rules in mind when clicking the reply button. "+1", "-1", "yes", "no", bump posts, and anything similar are not acceptable posts. Do not leave posts that state your agreement/disagreement without providing an explanation or critique.

It is important to note that this is a beta stage of class balancing and testing on the live server. You can expect changes based on our observations and feedback provided from the community over the next few months.

• please make surge of awareness a non casting kill.

would also like to see warlocks get a boost for using wands.

magical classes have a lot of casting and in burst some warlock classes takes too long, thats why you only see ppl play wl/s as dps(you might see a wl/w or wl/r ) but in my belief to balance classes means all classes as much as possible.. i know you guys are trying and i applaud your efforts.

a i said in other thread i think your road would be a lot easier if all classes got elite kills 80-90-100 ;)

• Official Post

Remove the PsiStatus requirement for warlock [Knowledge Acquisition] #498552

The new version of the skill is great (the extra psi recovery I mean). However, since the skill requires [Willpower Blade], that limits its usefulness for Constructors like warlock/druid, warlock/knight & especially warlock/warden (this combo stays constantly in Construct). Please either remove completely the PsiStatus requirement or let this skill be used in [Willpower Construct] as well. Also, consider increasing its duration to 15 or 30 mins like what you did with mage [Energy Influx].

Each warlock has its own way of resource management, we do not plan to change this. If a combination has lesser recovery, thats its weakness as intended.

please make surge of awareness a non casting kill.

We do not plan to change this.

would also like to see warlocks get a boost for using wands.

magical classes have a lot of casting and in burst some warlock classes takes too long, thats why you only see ppl play wl/s as dps(you might see a wl/w or wl/r ) but in my belief to balance classes means all classes as much as possible.. i know you guys are trying and i applaud your efforts.

a i said in other thread i think your road would be a lot easier if all classes got elite kills 80-90-100 ;)

This is technically not possible to balance, using wand is currently a way to gain more cast speed by sacrificing raw magical damage, which is sometimes better in some circumstances, that is up to players decision. We also do not plan to change this due to its difficulty to balance.

Greetings

Changed the title of the thread from “Feedbacks on the Warlock Class” to “Warlock Class [Feedback]”.
  • In general this class should like in WoW - more offensive than support. Especially with Mage o.o
    For me this combination should launch tactical nukes to be honest. But if it was designed here to support then ;? maybe some necro skills?

• In general this class should like in WoW - more offensive than support. Especially with Mage o.o
    For me this combination should launch tactical nukes to be honest. But if it was designed here to support then ;? maybe some necro skills?

I would suggest you try Wl/S, Wl/W, Wl/Ch or Wl/B if you look for some really good damage. Even Wl/Wd is decent in the entire early- and mid game. The only supportive warlocks are /p, /d, /m, but Wl/M can deal pretty good dmg as well. What exactly seems to be not enough offensive at this class in your opinion? From my perspective it's even more offensive than most other magical classes :/

• Increase the range of the warlock/rogue skills [Throw] #499867 and [Shadow Step] #499666 to 200 or 225 to be on par with the other skills.

Has anyone checked if the [Throw] debuff really lowers all damage(s) (like %hp based AoEs, DoTs and other non-normal attacks)?

• Increase the range of the warlock/rogue skills [Throw] #499867 and [Shadow Step] #499666 to 200 or 225 to be on par with the other skills.

Has anyone checked if the [Throw] debuff really lowers all damage(s) (like %hp based AoEs, DoTs and other non-normal attacks)?

%hp based damage can't be lowered by such debuffs

I would suggest you try Wl/S, Wl/W, Wl/Ch or Wl/B if you look for some really good damage. Even Wl/Wd is decent in the entire early- and mid game. The only supportive warlocks are /p, /d, /m, but Wl/M can deal pretty good dmg as well. What exactly seems to be not enough offensive at this class in your opinion? From my perspective it's even more offensive than most other magical classes :/

It lacks any considerable DoT and AoE itself and with elites. Really good damage I would call decent or the same actually because…

To be honest - right now the game is in boring state where every single class combo perform the same with the difference of skill names and animations+effects. Don’t get me wrong - when you compare descriptions of every skill in result everything acts the same = boring. Except for item-set skills. We call Arcadia Role Playing Game - where is role play part?

But its just my opinion, everything is far too similar.

• Has anyone checked if the [Throw] debuff really lowers all damage(s) (like %hp based AoEs, DoTs and other non-normal attacks)?

Like Lutine said this wont work. Thats why the Worlock Shield ISS (which reduces damage by 90%) also doesn't work on DoTs etc.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Actually I said nothing about playstyle but.. as it was meant in other post - all classes must perform at the same/similar level so basically - yes.

Just because from time to time someone play it in a diffrent way it end up in the same result.

But this is discussion feedback so what in your opinion is special in the combos you mentioned?

Or what make them special in comparsion.

In my opinion - nothing.

• But this is discussion feedback so what in your opinion is special in the combos you mentioned?

Or what make them special in comparsion.

I will just talk about the basic mechanics of the classes, excluding all utility, support, CC, aoe, debuffs, ISS, etc. Just so that nobody cries bcz I missed 90% of stuff.

1. Wl/S casts shot with every hit of Severed Consciousness and Dark Rain. Your SC deals the most dps of all your spells, so you wanna channel this like 100% of time. To reach this, you need to manage your psi recovery properly through several sources, such as your Saces Impatience. But this only works while your willpower buff is running, so out of it you wanna use Dark Rain in combination with a tic of Knowledge Acquisition and a single shot (if other sources are on cd) to get 6 psi as fast as possible. Not to lose too much damage, you need high focus for your Dark Rain as well. I've seen many Wl/S who dealt good damage but only a few that took the entire potential of the class, which requires more than a simple spam of SC.

2. Wl/Ch casts Severed Consciousness too, but only in the offburst for sustain dps and uses Ruthless Judgement in burst with a high cast speed. You have several fillers that cost rage but at the same time you need as much rage as possible anytime to cast Rage Sublimation if you need it. You also wanna keep Saces Impulse running, which gives you a decent selfheal and additional offensive attributes. Other than Wl/S your base magical damage is pretty high, so your aoe spells deal more damage normally.

3. Wl/R has one of the most complex rotations, because you need several conditions for your best spells. You need as many elemental weakness debuffs on your target in order to deal the most damage with your strong abilities. Basically you buff yourself with Shadow Step, Punishment (that requires Crime) and End of Thoughts (that gives you the psi recovery you need). You also debuff enemies with Soul Fang (which is overwritten by Wl/M support, which you need to have in mind). So different to the other warlocks, you don't spam or channel the same spell over and over again, but rotate through a lot of different spells that buff or debuff for short durations but are essentially for your dps.

4. Wl/W uses Consistant Heart Strike as main damage source, which is your main spamable. Since Wl/W is one of the easier warlocks, you deal like 80-90% of your damage just with that. However, you need to keep up your debuffs so your rage does not run off, but since last patches this shouldn't be an issue anymore I guess.

5. I could even talk about Wl/M, which has a really funny mechanic as well: You cast your strongest spell Flaming Heart Strike which goes on cd for 20 seconds. So you cast Soul Brand String to reset the cd, but it only works in your willpower blade. The basic rota is using both skills over and over again, while keeping up the raid support and debuffs etc. You can actually deal good damage with this, but not as much as other warlocks ofc, since Wl/M is a main support class.

Conclusion:

So basically you're right: warlocks deal damage inside the willpower blade and wanna enter this state as soon as possible, in order to keep up the damage of their best spells in the first place. BUT depending on your sec class you have different ways and options to manage psi and maintain your willpower blade or you got an entirely different rotation of skills or even an entirely different set of skills.

This being said, in terms of balancing they are more or less equal as well (except Wl/M which is a meme class as dps), depending on raid setup (Wl/R requires a M/Wl imo for example for it's full potential), but not in every situation or instance. If you play warlock, you should play them all, in order to have the best options for different use cases.

Ofc you can just spam Psychic Arrows with all of them, but this will result in really sad damage. Warlocks are the most complex classes for magicals (imho), they got the very most conditions for their spells but got a lot of support and utility for the entire raid on the other hand. If you say warlocks are all the same, have a look at mage class before, since warlocks are way more diverse in gameplay than mages (and many other classes as well). ;)

• Well Wl/M is ... state of mind.
    The rest about mage is burst or not so much burst while single damage is basically the same (similar*)

Still.. its too similar. Even with diffrent playstyle you presented.

• Well Wl/M is ... state of mind.
    The rest about mage is burst or not so much burst while single damage is basically the same (similar*)

Still.. its too similar. Even with diffrent playstyle you presented.

Before continuing this, I would suggest you play the classes at least once, afterwards you can complain. :) Or at least give a suggestion how to change things, all I see is crying for no reason ^^

• Just because I’m beginner on forum doesn’t mean I’ve never played them before (except Wl/B)

So there is no need of “crying” or complaining word (where?).

Suggestion was made few posts ago so there is no need of this kind of flyting.

Also what I would change is willpower to use Focus instead of Psi - like scout’s Detection. Then Psi can be generated for higher damage output and casting state skills. More Psi points = higher damage.

Would be great if some DoT generate Psi regardless of willpower.

• So there is no need of “crying” or complaining word (where?).

There...

Either english is a speech barrier and I don't get any of your points, or you keep complaining from the beginning but giving no constructive feedback at all. Saying "class A is boring" or "class A, B and C are all the same" is easy, esp if your words tell that you have never played them properly, so you actually don't know the differences at all - obviously.

And don't tell about burst is boring. Then you might play the wrong game.

lso what I would change is willpower to use Focus instead of Psi - like scout’s Detection. Then Psi can be generated for higher damage output and casting state skills. More Psi points = higher damage.

This finally is some constructive feedback 🎉 Also, I agree, Psi could have a higher impact in the damage.

Only issue is that some warlocks consume less Psi than others, just like Wl/W. Others have a much better Psi recovery. And what about the moment your willpower buff ends and all psi is removed? Some classes are even designed around having no buff at all for some time.

Would be great if some DoT generate Psi regardless of willpower.

You already got a buff that does the same, Knowledge Acquisition. Unfortunately it was already said by a dev that this won't lose the willpower condition iirc. However, DoTs aren't relyable imo normally, since targets may die too fast or bosses have immune phases, so your psi recovery would be interrupted every while.

• The part with another unnecessary flyting I'll just skip and call it diffrence in point of view.

I forgot about Self Control elite for Wl/Wd .. anyway.
    Simplest solution is to enter Exhausted state after willpower/psi is gone and make a debuff as simple as possible
    For lets say - 120-180 seconds (180s will be too long I guess) you can't re-enter willpower state. But just like this.

Damage output can also increase over time but this is a bit tricky to implement. A bit.
    For players with non-top equipment it makes sense - for top geared not really as targets already die too fast..

DoT psi generation - this is tricky as you mentioned but is still possible imo.. not everywhere and not in any situation.

• Sorry but all your posts make no sense at all, it's just too funny not to enter on this discussion xD

See what you said earlier:

The rest about mage is burst or not so much burst (...)

So you don't like burst classes. Ok. Got the point.

Then you suggest:

Psi can be generated for higher damage output and casting state skills

More psi = higher dmg. Reasonable, but could interfere with your previous quote at some point.

And then you be like:

enter Exhausted state after willpower/psi is gone and make a debuff as simple as possible
    For lets say - 120-180 seconds

So you don't want another burst class that puts all cooldowns into a short period of time, but suggest exactly this? Putting a CD on willpower state would just change the warlock to get another 2-3 min cooldown that gives either the possibility to cast certain skill or direct damage boost. Hilarious

@Moderator: I guess this one is a troll, time for a clean up :thumbup:

• Since Knowledge Aquisition will continue to be dependant on Willpower Blade, keeping up Psi is easy enough for Dps-Warlocks. All Warlock-Dps can reenter Willpower Blade within 1-2 seconds.

To make things easier for our Warlock supports and healers, I suggest changing Willpower construct condition to this:

For each PSI missing you will pay 15% Hp.

So if you have 4 Psi but want to enter Willpower construct, you pax 4 Psi +30% hp.

If you enter Willpower construct without any Psi you pay 90% Hp.

• Thats what I said - different point of view. So I’ll make it as simple as an old 1.9TDi

As I mentioned - I don’t enjoy Warlock on its own (and most of elites) and how PSi works.

Everything I said so far is already in the game and is utilized by other class combo.

So copy-paste from it (Druid/Warlock) of how damage is affected by Nature Points is good idea imo.. there is no need of another hard hitting combo like D/Wl - its all about quick heavy damage for warlock.

My proposal is to make Warlock cause much heavier damage over time (prefferably in short period of time).

If we get considerable DoTs boosted by PSi and.. each DoT casted requires previous one DoT effect for even higher damage then cooldown for willpower is okay. D/Wl also have it (in some way) but in form of cooldown on boosting skills.

PSi may be accumulated the same way as is now - by casting specified skill even under willpower state (I’m not counting Knowledge here) but increased to 12 points instead (or more, to be discussed) Boosting then can be done by x%/PSi - for druid its 1%/point

DoTs structure - similar way of work to druid’s Mother Nature Wrath but with cast time. Three different DoT skills is okay to me. Each DoT can be casted in regular way or under Willpower - will require amount of accumulated PSi for casting.

To consume PSi or not is to be discussed as it depends on what details will be taken into account - how willpower gonna work and requirements to enter it, how we will accumulate PSi and maximum amount etc.

Some regular skills can be boosted as well in willpower state.

But this is all about warlock itself - each combo may vary - type of damage etc. For me personally Druid/Warlock is actually a Warlock.

All the rest I didn’t mentioned can be discussed.

• Okay, this sounds like a really cool suggestion, only problem I still see is that you obviously have no idea about how warlocks actually work, because you just play the most easy ones like Wl/S, Wl/Wd or support Wl/M, but your warrior, rogue, bard and champ aren't even on lv 70, so it's not possible you play them properly. All you play is D/Wl and not even in custom content. :/ ?(

a29e33d0e122fad476aec11fec57f8e8.png

And if you played those warlocks you didn't play in the current custom content, you'd know that DoT focused classes are useless, because mobs die too fast so your DoTs can't even tick for longer. So please come back after playing the classes you actually complain about (at least once), so your feedback can be taken seriously :)

• just a thought but how about increasing the amount of psi a warlock can carry like instead of 6 psi make it 12.

i know some classes don't ever have to worry about running out of psi,but just like knowledge acquisition replenishes focus for 2 mins maybe a similar skill for psi .

like i said just a thought .

greetings

• Well Zyrex,

First stop this disrespectful talking and give some warlock feedback ;)

Because its about warlock not about how much you think you know about me and new character.

Oh I already gave enough feedback in the past, the warlocks are just fine the way they are rn, so I don't want anything to be changed at all ^^ And I'm not rlly disrespectful, I just wanna prevent others to take worst ideas as serious, esp in this case if they base on nothing but imagination. However, I'm currently writing a general warlock dps guide that presents the classes in detail. Should be enough of a feedback I guess :)