Mage Class [Feedback]

• i see no point for this in trash u should do a big pull rota so better buff the dmg from purgatory

Let me explain this with my perspective, as a mage/rogue you always need to use Kiss of the Vampire for maximum potantial damage, of course you can just use AoE skills for mobs. But then your dmg will not be so high. If you are playing with a strong raid, your AoE damage will always be lesser because mobs will die before you use Cursed Fangs + Kiss of the Vampire ( these 2 skills will take 1 second to use, but even 1 second is too much). And your overall damage will be lower.

That is why i am suggesting to use Kiss of the Vampire skill (ID:491345) without Cursed Fangs skill ( ID: 49158).
    But of course this is my experience with mage/rogue. If you have a better idea, you can share it with us.

• i see no point for this in trash u should do a big pull rota so better buff the dmg from purgatory

Let me explain this with my perspective, as a mage/rogue you always need to use Kiss of the Vampire for maximum potantial damage, of course you can just use AoE skills for mobs. But then your dmg will not be so high. If you are playing with a strong raid, your AoE damage will always be lesser because mobs will die before you use Cursed Fangs + Kiss of the Vampire ( these 2 skills will take 1 second to use, but even 1 second is too much). And your overall damage will be lower.

That is why i am suggesting to use Kiss of the Vampire skill (ID:491345) without Cursed Fangs skill ( ID: 49158).
    But of course this is my experience with mage/rogue. If you have a better idea, you can share it with us.

We run Orkham and balancing should always go with the highest dungeon. We do really big pulls so my experience is to get Warlock shield or other immunity and jump in, doing Purgefire. And if you really want, you can do/get the buff from Curse Fangs because mobs live long enough. To boost the overall damage in trash, I think it's better to improve/buff the AoE skills.

• And if you really want, you can do/get the buff from Curse Fangs because mobs live long enough.

Yeah unfortunately mobs dont live long enough to use that skill in our guild runs. Sometimes all mobs die in 2 seconds only. Thats why i asked for a change in Kiss of the Vampire.

• About Mage/Champion

Every time we use Voltage Size (ID:498864), Electric Compression(ID:498863) gets deleted.

And we spam Voltage Size so often. We cant always refresh Electric Compression. It will be waste of time. Can you just make Electric Compression a passive skill for mage/champion ?

And also Lightning(ID:1492124) skill of mage/champion is not so useful skill. Please change it to give 10% magical damage to player for 20 seconds(this buff should not be triggered again for 10 seconds after it ends) instead teleporting us behind our target.

• About Mage/Champion

Every time we use Voltage Size (ID:498864), Electric Compression(ID:498863) gets deleted.

And we spam Voltage Size so often. We cant always refresh Electric Compression. It will be waste of time. Can you just make Electric Compression a passive skill for mage/champion ?

And also Lightning(ID:1492124) skill of mage/champion is not so useful skill. Please change it to give 10% magical damage to player for 20 seconds(this buff should not be triggered again for 10 seconds after it ends) instead teleporting us behind our target.

also this class can use magic shield :P

• About Mage/Champion

Lightning Shield skill (ID:499811) deals damage only when we recieve damage. But we dont recieve any damage from mobs usually. This skill is increasing our aggro by 90% and makes us a little bit tanky. But in return we dont benefit from this skill so much.

As you can see only 1% of my total damage came from this buff.

My suggestion is to change this skill. Make it deal 2220 + 0.4 x INT Wind damage around player every time we use a skill with 50% chance.

• New
    • Official Post

Greetings!

First of all, thank you all for your active suggestions and feedback, this is highly appreciated and essential for our game design.

As I can see most Mages currently underperform in comparison to other Dps Metas and need a slightly buff.

We are aware of certain differences between MDPS and PDPS and are working on solutions.

About Mage/Rogue

please make Kiss of the Vampire skill (ID:491345) to be usable without Cursed Fangs. It is difficult to use Cursed Fangs + Kiss of the Vampire on mobs, because they die so fast sometimes

We do not plan to change this in the near future. The class already has decent damage potential, so the only thing I personally could imagine is to increase the buff duration. But we do not plan to touch the spell combo in the first place.

Little suggestion for m/s:

Reduce Shot cooldown by 0.5 sec (id: 499598)

We do not plan to change this. Shot on M/S already scales with Attack Speed that was already increased in a recent patch. For this class we prepared something different with today's patch. Depending on how this turns out within the meta, there are more changes to come in that direction.

About Mage/Champion

We are aware of this issue. Voltage Seize is an electric spell that triggers the Charged state that overwrites Electric Compression. A solution will be patched within the next patches.

We do not plan to change this. As Mage/Champion is a "kind of melee" class, it has the ability to teleport, which is based on the idea of the nordic mythology figure Thor who wields a hammer and is able to rush towards enemies to crush them with his hammer.

We will increase Lightning range in order to make this more reasonable anyway. However, there are some other changes about to be released, that might fix certain dps issues and bring the class further towards the basic design.

About Mage/Champion

Lightning Shield skill (ID:499811) deals damage only when we recieve damage. But we dont recieve any damage from mobs usually. This skill is increasing our aggro by 90% and makes us a little bit tanky. But in return we dont benefit from this skill so much.

We do not plan to change this. It is intended to just be additional damage you deal while receiving area effects. However, I saw some players tanking older content with this class already and Lightning Shield was working quite well there. The major advantage of this skill should be the damage reduction, it's supposed to be a magical variant of Champion's Shield Form, as we try to give magical main classes some kind of identity of their individual sub classes.

Best regards

Wesker

We do not plan to change this. As Mage/Champion is a "kind of melee" class, it has the ability to teleport, which is based on the idea of the nordic mythology figure Thor who wields a hammer and is able to rush towards enemies to crush them with his hammer.

We will increase Lightning range in order to make this more reasonable anyway. However, there are some other changes about to be released, that might fix certain dps issues and bring the class further towards the basic design.

What about Shock Strike skill ? Maybe you can consider removing its global cooldown (ID:1492125)

• New
    • Official Post

Greetings!

What about Shock Strike skill ? Maybe you can consider removing its global cooldown (ID:1492125)

We do not plan to change this mechanic. The class design is set up to be a full global cooldown mage with a unique play style due to its range. Giving it the ability to cast more skills without the GCD, would break the design idea.

Hey Wesker I suggest to make Warrior/Mage also a Chain Class like Scouts have Scout Mage wo is also Magical and Physical.

This would be funny.

kind regard

Changing a class that deals damage by its auto attacks is nearly impossible to balance on a physical side, since the frequency of white hits and the damage itself scale on attack speed, unlike the magical part that scales on both attack speed (for attack frequency) and cast speed (for damage). Balancing this properly requires both of the classes' sides to scale on the same attribute, which is attack speed, but we do not plan to create another Warden/Druid-like class that is quite difficult to maintain technically already.

Best regards

Wesker